Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 146 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 22:49 Mar11 2019 Post ID: 3447626
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Wow. Jacksonville signed Nick Foles to a 4-year, $88 million contract... This could potentially ruin their franchise for years to come if he is a bust (as I predict he will be away from Philly).

And Oakland signed an o-line player for $66 million... LeVeon Bell definitely won't be going to Oakland if he's asking for big money; there'll be no cap space now surely.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 21:02 Mar12 2019 Post ID: 3447635
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Odell Beckham traded to the Browns!!!

Oh my lawrdy... The Browns might be the third or fourth best team in the AFC... XD
Matt77 Posted: 04:48 Mar13 2019 Post ID: 3447636
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
And as a lot of us thought, Bell to NY Jets.

My prediction of Cleveland winning the NFL North isn't even a bold prediction anymore...

Cameron Wake is also off to Tennessee for $23 million. Miami better put the money to good use.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 13th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 05:21 Mar13 2019 Post ID: 3447637
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Odell Beckham now with the Browns! Cleveland now have the best up and coming team in the league in my opinion. I'd love to see them win a Super Bowl in the next couple of years. That would make a great sports story. To think they're going to add even more talent to their team in a few weeks time. It must be an exciting time being a Cleveland Brown fan right about now.

Matt77 Posted: 10:20 Mar13 2019 Post ID: 3447640
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
This says that getting the right GM into your club can make a huge difference. All of a sudden Cleveland are making very smart decisions, have a buzzing atmosphere, and are a destination club.

What Cleveland are doing reminds me of what LA Rams have done in recent times. They too were a dreadful team, but once they found franchise players, they continued to sign more and all of a sudden became the #1 destination club in the NFL. Their first year after their improvement was solid; they returned to the playoffs and hosted one. Their second year took them to the Superbowl. You could argue that Cleveland's first year was improving from 0-16 to 7-8-1. Year 2 will be where we see drastic improvement.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:21 Mar13 2019 Post ID: 3447641
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Bell bet on himself... And lost...

He gave up roughly $15 million dollars in guarantee pay... in order to get basically $13 million a year...?

XD
Matt77 Posted: 10:38 Mar13 2019 Post ID: 3447643
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
If he had stayed in Pittsburgh he would've split reps with James Connor. Then again, had he not sat out 2018, Connor would still be a backup RB and Bell would've been in command of a playoff contender. Violin

There will be huge pressure on both him and Antonio Brown to deliver. If they both fail to reach 1,000 yards, it would be a huge failure for them.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 13th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:43 Mar13 2019 Post ID: 3447646
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Well, Tyrod Taylor will be the Chargers Backup QB, while Bridgewater will return to back Drew Brees in New Orleans. Miami is either keeping Tannehill for another year, or trading/releasing him for Bortles or to draft a QB. I don't think any QBs remain. XD
Matt77 Posted: 18:15 Mar13 2019 Post ID: 3447647
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Nope. I've just seen reports that Bridgewater will be meeting with Miami "tonight" ie right now in Aus time. The figure I've also seen is $7 million...

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 20:03 Mar13 2019 Post ID: 3447648
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Oh my gawd... No...

Can't we just tank the right way?
Matt77 Posted: 01:19 Mar14 2019 Post ID: 3447649
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I change my mind. We need to sign Bridgewater ASAP!!! Bortles has just been released, and from what I've heard, there will be interest for him from several teams. My worst-case scenario prediction may come true after all!!!

Also, Dennis what do you think about Washington signing safety Landon Collins for 6 years and $84 million? I genuinely think Washington are a QB and a WR away from becoming a contender.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 14th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:49 Mar14 2019 Post ID: 3447650
Sanzano
+
Landon Collins is a great signing for the Redskins Matt. I think that means Ha Ha Clinton-Dix will not return. I can't see the Redskins being able to afford both players. What's happening with Adrian Peterson? Is he returning or are the redskins going to start with Guice. You may be right about the Washington being a quarterback and wide reciever away from being contenders, the problem is they are two of the most difficult positions to fill with quality players, especially the quarterback. If the Redskins get a decent rookie who is successful in the NFL like Wentz or Mahommes things may start happening for the team as the rest of the squad is beginning to look decent, especially the defense.

It's horrible supporting a team and knowing that you will probably be starting the season with another teams cast off as quarterback, Miami and Washington are in that position. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence, I'd rather take a chance on an unknown commodity. So hoping the Redskins draft a top rookie quarterback. I still have memories of how bad Keenum was in the playoffs a couple of years ago, the Vikings did their best to keep the ball out of his hands if I remember correctly.

Washington signed Adrian Peterson for 2 years last night, looks like the Redskin backfield is going to be an animal to contain with Peterson and Guice. I bet the other NFC teams are concerned now that Peterson has help from a top rookie and won't have to take the whole load by himself. Guice is a nightmare to tackle, he's like Marshawn Lynch when he runs and Peterson has always been a tricky slashing type of runner who is tough to bring down in the open. Don't forget the Redskins also have Chris Thompson who is more of a catching back out of the backfield, he'll be back fully recovered from his rib injury and getting 40-70 catches. The Redksin backfield is looking good and balanced. You've got the veteran, the rookie, and the pass catcher.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 14th 2019 »

Matt77 Posted: 04:13 Mar14 2019 Post ID: 3447651
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The problem is that Chris Thompson will be injured at least twice this season, for probably a combined 6 games at least. That's just the luck that Washington RBs and WRs have. You mayaswell prepare for injuries now, because they will and always come to Washington. Just hope that the o-line stay injury-free, as that was the area where injuries really killed both Miami and Washington's seasons.

Keenum won't be too bad, but he won't light it up either. Basically an average game manager who is better suited as a top-tier backup QB. Washington's rushing game will be key to their success, but with an above average o-line, it's a step in the right direction. If Keenum plays conservatively, he needs to channel his 2017 season where he threw 7INTs in 15 regular season games. Last season Washington were thriving, because Smith was throwing roughly 1INT every 3 games.

I'm just praying that we don't get Bortles... I don't want a repeat of that horrible 2017 season with Cutler...

Interesting. Washington sent wide receiver Jamison Crowder (injury-prone and inconsistent) to NY Jets. And since they haven't signed any new WRs, we can assume they will draft one.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 07:01 Mar14 2019 Post ID: 3447652
Sanzano
+
With Jamison Crowder gone the Redskins I am now convinced will go wide reciever with their first pick to play alongside Josh Doctson. Jamison Crowder you will remember dropped several important balls last season that could have turned games so I am not sad to see him go. If no decent quarterback is available when the Redskins draft they will go wide reciever and wait for next years draft to snag a top tier rookie quarterback.

Matt77 Posted: 09:09 Mar14 2019 Post ID: 3447654
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I'm worried though, that if they wait for next season, they will finish 7-9 and have around pick 15 (like they do this draft). I do want Washington to draft a WR early, but I'm not sure if pick 47 will be too late for a good WR.

I don't know why teams won't take a chance on younger backup QBs with potential. The Oakland backup AJ McCarron showed huge promise in a playoff game a few seasons ago, but never got a chance to be a permanent starter. San Francisco have CJ Beathard and Nick Mullens (one will surely be cut/traded soon) who have showed glimpses of promise. Trevor Seimian was Denver's starting QB not that long ago, and doing quite well before a form slump that he never really got over. Theoretically a team could trade for one of these QBs for a 7th rounder, no joke. Why not try?

Jimmy Garoppolo - 8 games started for SF, 284 yards per game, 8.4 yards per completion, 12TDs 8INTs, 1 lost fumble, 93.1 passer rating
Nick Mullens - 8 games started for SF, 284 yards per game, 8.3 yards per completion, 13TDs 10INTs, 0 lost fumbles, 90.8 passer rating

Either Garoppolo is a backup QB, or several teams are missing out on a hidden talent...

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:42 Mar14 2019 Post ID: 3447655
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'd rather have Bortles. We could surely tank if he was our QB. ;)
Sanzano Posted: 11:04 Mar14 2019 Post ID: 3447656
Sanzano
+
Lets be honest, Jimmy Garoppolo only became famous because he was Tom Brady's understudy. He's an average quarterback at best. Bill Belichick wouldn't have got rid of him if he honestly thought at the time he was going to be Brady's successor.

Nick Mullens as your stats suggest Matt is more or less the same as Garoppolo, there's not much difference.

Matt77 Posted: 11:33 Mar14 2019 Post ID: 3447657
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Exactly! Surely some teams should come calling to get Mullens (leaving Beathard as the SF backup).

Or...it's all a ploy, and Garoppolo will be traded back to New England in one season time...

Genuine question. Based on the stats I posted, and the fact that Garoppolo is coming back from a torn ACL (same injury as Guice), is Garoppolo a certainty to be the starter? It will be interesting to see how it goes. San Francisco seems to be the forgotten QB mine.

And Warrior - Please no. It's fairly likely that we reach for a QB this season anyway, so tanking would just be for a non-QB .

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:56 Mar14 2019 Post ID: 3447658
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
We need to tank. I want a real QB from the 2020 Draft. We haven't had a good one since Marino. I'm tired of waiting. We haven't been to a Super Bowl in three and a half decades.
Matt77 Posted: 18:17 Mar14 2019 Post ID: 3447659
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Yes, we do need to tank. But I doubt that Miami will do that. I think they will reach for a QB this draft. I, like you, want them to draft one in 2020, but we both know that the Miami organisation aren't the brightest.

There's also the Rosen situation. Would you be happy if Miami traded for Rosen with their pick 45?

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 146 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close