Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 150 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 09:07 Apr07 2019 Post ID: 3447793
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
If I was Cincy, I would stay put until after the Giants select at #6. Just look at the Bills and Cardinals last year. Both teams waited until a few picks went by before trading up, saving loads of draft capital by doing so. It's always better to play smart and not fall into a bait. I'm not even 100% sure the Bengals will draft a QB, but that seems to be the case with all these teams that are drafting relatively high this year and could use a QB. Very exciting.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 09:30 Apr07 2019 Post ID: 3447795
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I agree, but remember, these are the Bungles we're talking about.

Edit - Oh dear. Antonio Brown just said on Twitter that JuJu should "Keep your emotions off the internet" and that he "fumbled the whole post season". Meanwhile Brown had a hissy fit and skipped week 17 when they still had an outside chance of making playoffs. Oakland's locker room culture is going to be amazing...

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 7th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 01:55 Apr08 2019 Post ID: 3447798
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Russell Wilson wants $134 million, I can't see him getting that. It will cause problems all around the NFL if he does. The rumours of Washington picking up Josh Rosen are getting louder as the Cardinals haven't killed any talk of a trade yet. I'm still holding out for Drew Lock but I don't think he will be around. Interesting what the Cleveland Browns said though, there's only 15 players this year that are genuine first rounders. I've heard from several sources the quarterbacks this year are not on the same level as previous years. Makes me wonder if Josh Rosen is not such a bad deal as he was touted as a top quarterback last year in a class that was said to be the best since 1983. Could Josh Rose be another Steve Young?

Matt77 Posted: 03:46 Apr08 2019 Post ID: 3447799
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Gee. I hope Russel Wilson has some kind of charity or foundation that he contributes to, otherwise he is one greedy guy. He's a great QB, but nowhere near being the best-paid QB in the league. The problem for Seattle is that if they don't give him what he wants, he'll be off to NY Giants.

Washington acquiring Josh Rosen for pick 46 (or later) would be an incredible deal. There are reasons he was projected to be a top 5 pick (and ended up as a top 10 pick). Perhaps when Gruden said "the rookie" would be starting, he meant Rosen as a rookie for Washington.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 16:28 Apr08 2019 Post ID: 3447800
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I can't see the Redskins drafting Rosen. They just traded for Case Keenum... Plus they have Colt McCoy... Plus Alex Smith might still recover and look to return... Plus it's looking more and more like Haskins or Lock will be at #15... Plus they could easily wait until the much better 2020 Draft...

I still believe the Patriots are the favorite to land Rosen if Murray goes to the Cardinals. They have two Second Rounds, and I think the Redskins desire not to lose such a high draft pick. If it was for a Third Rounder, then, yes, I think the Redskins will be in play. But I read a report about a week back that the Cardinals already received a Second Round Offer from a team.

What if a team like the Raiders or Packers traded for Rosen? The Raiders could EASILY get another 2020 First Round Pick for Carr, making their high second rounder or worst first rounder for this year not seem like too much lost. The Packers could also groom Rosen behind Rodgers, perhaps making him the next Rodgers himself. Plus, we all know Rodgers seems to get hurt at some point like every season now, so Rosen will still get some playing time.

No doubt: Rosen is better than ALL the 2019 Draft Prospects. Every analyst/scout has him above every QB this year.
Matt77 Posted: 18:56 Apr08 2019 Post ID: 3447801
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
But remember Warrior, Jay Gruden literally stated that "the rookie will be starting", so they ARE going to be drafting a QB. They could easily do a trade instead of a draft. If I were them I would not draft/trade for a QB unless they can get Rosen cheap, but the Washington organisation are as thick as Miami's is.

Again, I doubt Rosen will want to sit behind Brady for 2-4 seasons. His personality doesn't match well with being patient.

I think if Oakland changed at QB, they would go with Lock due to the Gruden connections. But you never know. Green Bay is an interesting suggestion. DeShone Kizer as a backup QB is a disaster waiting to happen.

I'd agree with your last statement, Technically and skills-wise, he is the #1 QB, with Murray close by, but the rest of the QBs a long way off.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:48 Apr08 2019 Post ID: 3447802
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Teams say so much garbage at this time of year. I don't believe a word any of them say. XD

I guess we'll have to wait until the Cardinals make their pick. After that, the rest of the dominoes will fall. But could you imagine if they draft Murray and no one gives them a trade for Rosen? Awkward. lol

Heard Seattle wants to trade down. The draft value chart says the Pats can trade from 32 to 21 by only giving up a third round pick (which they have three of). They should be able to get Hockenson or Fant should they trade up to #21.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Apr 8th 2019 »
Sanzano Posted: 01:36 Apr10 2019 Post ID: 3447804
Sanzano
+
Just wondering, what do you guys think the 49rs will do if for some reason the Cardinals surprise everyone and don't select Murray?

Looks like the new favourite to be the rookie quarterback in Washington is Daniel Jones. Apparently he's an Eli Manning with a rocket arm. I think Drew Lock will be gone by pick 15 to either the Bungles or Miami.

Matt77 Posted: 03:32 Apr10 2019 Post ID: 3447805
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior - Seattle love trading down, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did again. As for Murray/Rosen, it was reported a few days ago that Rosen turned up to Arizona's first offseason session (if that's what you'd call it), and was the first Arizona player in the building. From what I've been reading online from people other than the 'experts', we shouldn't assume Arizona will take Murray with pick 1.

I must say, if the reports are true I'm very impressed that Rosen isn't sulking. I wouldn't blame him if he did, but the fact he's still being professional says a lot about his so called attitude.

Dennis - I'd say San Francisco want Nick Bosa, and if Arizona take Bosa with the #1 pick, SF would probably look to trade down and bait a QB-needy team into taking Murray with pick 2.

Jones isn't a bad option. His accuracy will need to improve, but it's not as bad as the numbers say (he suffered from several WR drops). I see the QBs in this draft being tiered as:
Murray
Haskins
Lock and Jones
Grier and Finley

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 05:52 Apr10 2019 Post ID: 3447806
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, if Bosa goes #1, the 49ers will look to trade back. If they subsequently can't, they will draft Williams out of Alabama.

I wouldn't say Jones has a rocket arm, Dennis. He has a decent arm with decent accuracy, with more athleticism than one might think for being a Pocket QB. What teams love most about him are his intangibles, as well as learning under the same coach of both Mannings.

But yes, it's looking more and more apparent that Lock, who a handful of teams like most of all these QB Prospects this year, won't be available by the time the Redskins pick at #15. Lock has been slotted to the Raiders, Broncos and Bengals, which means the Redskins would have to trade up to like #2 or #3 in order to ensure getting him. Don't see that happening though with RGIII still fresh in their minds.

I've been hearing that Haskins' stock is beginning to plummet in light of the rumors that neither the Raiders or Giants want him. If he makes it past #6 and then past #11, look out. He literally might free fall after that, especially if the Redskins at #15 or the Giants at #17 don't select him.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Apr 10th 2019 »
Sanzano Posted: 09:02 Apr10 2019 Post ID: 3447807
Sanzano
+
There's rumours swirling around the NFL that the Redskins are trying to trade for Josh Rosen. They are offering Case Keenum and a second round pick. Apparently the Redskins are reluctant to give up their first rounder for the quarterback. The reasonn the Redskins are keen on Rosen is he will fit nicely into the schemes the Redskins run and Jay Gruden thinks he is a better version of Cousins.

I'd take that trade, and use the number one on a defensive player to replace Preston Smith who is now a Packer.

I bet the 49rs are feeling sick. They got rid of their former number one pick Rueben Foster on a domestic charge which got dropped a couple of days ago. Looks like he'll be playing in a Redskin uniform next to his buddies from Alabama before you know it. That's four now at the heart of the defense, Payne, Anderson, Allen, and Foster. Can you imagine if the Redskins drafted Quinnen Williams another Alabama product with their number 1. The defense would start to look scary.

Matt77 Posted: 18:36 Apr10 2019 Post ID: 3447809
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I just read that Washington will not be trading for Rosen, and are instead focused on the rookies in the draft.

There is a good chance Lock will be there at pick 15. I've only seen one mock draft with Cincy drafting a QB (and it was on NFL.com), and very few with Denver doing the same. Logic says none of Oakland, Denver, Cincy, and Miami will draft QBs, leaving NY Giants with a chance of taking Haskins.

Warrior, the big question mark with Haskins is that he can't throw on the run (or run full stop). I feel like he needs to go to a team with a solid o-line. If he somehow makes it to Washington, hopefully Gruden will change his mind, and he can sit behind Keenum/McCoy/possibility of Smith returning, before in year 2 taking over and playing behind a solid o-line.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 20:34 Apr10 2019 Post ID: 3447810
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm hearing that if the Broncos draft a QB, it WILL BE Lock. They fell in love with him at the Senior Bowl, and they think he could possibly be the next Mahomes.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Apr 10th 2019 »
Matt77 Posted: 23:12 Apr10 2019 Post ID: 3447811
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
That seems pretty likely. He's the most likely QB to be available then too. Plus, Haskins is skipping draft night, and his stocks are plummeting fast like you said.

It's now:
Murray
Haskins, Lock, and Jones
Grier and Finley

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 10th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:55 Apr11 2019 Post ID: 3447812
Sanzano
+
The Redskins have to say they are not 'actively' going after Rosen otherwise they will be held to ransom. Look at the word 'actively', to me it means we are not going after him but if he's still available for a decent price we'll take him. 'Actively' does not mean 'Definately not'. I think this draft is going to be a waiting game, I still think the Redskins secretly want Lock but it's looking more and more likely he won't be there at pick 15 especially now with the Broncos saying they want him. I don't understand why Haskins stock is 'plummeting' and why he is missing draft night. Sounds like the Derius Guice scenario all over again. It wouldn't surprise me if he fell to the Patriots and they turn him into a Hall of Famer, whaterver that Belichick touches turns to gold.

Is that Bosa as good as the hype suggests? You don't normally see a white defensive guy that high in the draft let alone the projected number 2 pick.

Matt77 Posted: 03:17 Apr11 2019 Post ID: 3447813
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
From what I hear, Bosa is the clear best player in the draft. He's compared quite often to his brother, Joey Bosa, who is dominant at LA Chargers.

It will be interesting if Lock is gone by the time Washington pick, whether they go with Jones or with a different position. They don't necessarily need their QB of the future now.

If I were Washington, I would:
- Draft a WR with pick 15
- Keep both Keenum and McCoy, so they can compete in the preseason and keep each other on their toes
- In the 2019/20 draft, trade up to select a QB, and have them sit behind Alex Smith for his final season (who should have recovered by then)
- Start the rookie either part-way through this season, or at the beginning of 2020/2021.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 04:20 Apr11 2019 Post ID: 3447814
Sanzano
+
I make you right Matt, that's exactly what I would do. Keenum and McCoy are just caretakers of the quarterback position until an elite passer can be found. Alex Smith is finished, after the final year of his contract he will retire, he has nowhere else to go. I personally think he will never start another NFL game, you will probably just see him on the sideline for this final year of his contract giving advise to the rookie quarterback who will be taking over. Either Keenum or McCoy will be gone after this year, there's no room for four quarterbacks on the roster.

What's happening with the Dolphins, I don't hear of any major NFL breaking trades, who are they going after in the draft now they have Fitzgerald starting the new campaign?

Warrior13 Posted: 20:01 Apr11 2019 Post ID: 3447816
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Kyler Murray to meet with the Redskins... Will they go RGIII twice...?

Dolphins are either going to draft Ferrell, an offensive lineman, a wideout, or trade down. Almost set in stone, unless they shock us all and actually go with a QB.
Sanzano Posted: 01:56 Apr12 2019 Post ID: 3447818
Sanzano
+
Is Kyler Murray that good to mortgage the next few years of the teams future on? After what happened with RGIII I can't believe they organisation would be stupid enough to give away maybe two number one picks and a number of lower draft picks for an untested NFL player who could be another bust.

From what I gather it's the NY Jets the Redskins are talking about trading with. I personally think it is just a ruse to get the Cardinals to play their hand as they are holding everyone else up. I still think the Cardinals will draft Haskins and offload Rosen who the Redskins are secretly after but now with this development the Cardinals will not want to lose their suiter for Rosen.

Matt77 Posted: 04:21 Apr12 2019 Post ID: 3447821
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I assume you mean the Cardinals will draft Murray, not Haskins?

Warrior - The more mock drafts I read (not NFL.com ones), the more I see them predicting Miami to draft a QB with pick 13. To me this is a horrible scenario, but if they do it, the rookie CANNOT start in 2019. Perhaps give him a few games to end the season, but if the worst-case scenario happens, he needs to sit.

If Miami draft a wide receiver like Dennis mentioned may happen, and now you, it will result in Miami winning 6+ games and having to trade a long way up to draft a QB in 2020. Fitzpatrick has patches of good form, and loves dumping the ball downfield to skillful WRs.

Dennis - I wouldn't be surprised if Washington get rid of Keenum during the preseason. Sometimes teams take players on while knowing they wish to trade them away at the soonest moment. I think the loser of Keenum vs McCoy will be shown the door.

Kyler Murray has to be one of the most hyped-up players the NFL has ever seen. I mean, 3 months ago he was considered a minuscule chance to even play NFL, and had signed a multi-million dollar contract with a MLB team. Zero QBs are worth trading up for in the 1st round, unless a team is trading up a very small amount (for example Washington trading up from 15 to 13).

Interesting. An article was published about projected #2 pick Nick Bosa and his social media preaching of sorts. Would him posting about political/social issues that would be seen as controversial to 'liberals' hurt his value at all? Would teams be put off and not like his personality? At first glance I would definitely say no, but things can accelerate. A high-profile Australian Rubby Union player just got his contract torn up because he was being offensive online.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 150 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close