Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 151 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 05:50 Apr12 2019 Post ID: 3447823
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I thought it was a given that the Cardinals are going to draft Kyler Murray, that's all their fans are talking about. Like you Matt I hadn't heard of him a few months ago, all of a sudden he's the projected number one pick. If they go the way of Murray as predicted and the Redskins trade up for the Jets number 3 pick which I hope doesn't happen then they will I think pick Haskins or possibly Lock. If they go for Lock they would have overpaid as there is a chance he would fall to them at pick 15 anyway.

I don't think Miami are planning on tanking, they are a professional organisation and they would lose a lot of fans if they did that intentionally. You are right about Fitzgerald though, when he is hot he is one of the most dangerous quarterbacks in the league. Give him a couple of decent targets deep downfield and he'll put up spectacular numbers. I think the Dolphins go wide reciever at pick 13.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 10:54 Apr12 2019 Post ID: 3447824
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
A wideout wouldn't hurt for the Dolphins, as it will give Tua a target once we tank and select him in the 2020 Draft. I get why people think Fitzpatrick will win us a few games, but I don't see that happening. The Bucs had so many weapons for him, not like the Dolphins. Plus, the Phins have a much worse off O-Line than the Bucs. Fitzpatrick will be the crummy version of himself since the Dolphins literally have holes everywhere. If we win more than two or three games with our current cast of players, I would be shocked.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Apr 12th 2019 »
Matt77 Posted: 22:41 Apr12 2019 Post ID: 3447825
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Albert Wilson is the forgotten WR of the NFL. Before his season-ending injury he was in red-hot form, and destroyed the so-called elite Chicago D when we played them. All Fitzpatrick has to do is pass to throw a 5-10 yard pass to him, and he will torch teams (as long as he can recapture that form). Kenny Stills can play much better than he has the past 2 seasons. He is the deep threat that Fitzpatrick will love. Jakeem Grant had a breakout year too.

Also, we have Drake and Ballage in the rushing game. We will be horribly inconsistent this season, but will shock a few teams.

We were supposed to tank last season, but instead started 3-0 and finished with a respectable record. The same thing could happen again.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 14:09 Apr13 2019 Post ID: 3447826
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It won?t. Trust me.
Matt77 Posted: 22:18 Apr13 2019 Post ID: 3447828
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Unfortunately I don't trust your predictions anymore Lonely Master... I hope you can finally prove me wrong though.

The ideal situation would be to trade away our 1st rounder for a 2020 1st rounder. That way a player doesn't come in to counter the tank, and Tua still gets a player to help him. Or if we don't get a top 4 pick, we can use that 2019 1st rounder to trade up. I'm not sure who would trade with us or why they would, but it could be exactly what we need to springboard into a new Miami era.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 01:47 Apr15 2019 Post ID: 3447832
Sanzano
+
Had to laugh, I hear the Minnesota Vikings are in the market for a Quarterback, sounds to me they are not too confident that Kirk Cousins is the man that will lead them to the Super Bowl. The Vikings regressed from a championship team under Bradford and Keenum to 8-7-1 and now Cousins has an abysal career record of 4-25 in starts against teams with a winning record.

In regards to Miami I hear that they will probably draft down and address needs, they are not in a position to draft the best player available, so you may see an offensive lineman going to the Dolphins in the first round which wouldn't be a bad thing if they have a chance of getting Tua next year.

Matt77 Posted: 02:38 Apr15 2019 Post ID: 3447835
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Minnesota's lack of success serves them right for ditching Keenum after he played exceptionally for them. That W-L record against teams with winning records keeps getting worse and worse...

You're right. Miami wont be picking a QB in the 1st round. They've invited a QB who is projected to be drafted in the 5th+ round for a workout and have publicly stated their interest in him. It seems like Miami will strengthen the team, and draft a QB in the very late rounds as a test project.

Things are getting dangerous now for Seattle. They must give Russel Wilson a new contract today. Reports have come out and said Seattle believe that Wilson wants to eventually leave Seattle, whether it's now or in a few years time. Apparently the club believe this, without even talking to him about it. NY Giants are the favourites to get him if he does decide to leave, so it will be interesting exactly what Seattle will get in return. It also brings Josh Rosen into the picture, given that he could play against the team that traded him away twice a season.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:54 Apr15 2019 Post ID: 3447836
Sanzano
+
Yes Matt, it will be interesting to see what Russel Wilson does. There's a ton of rumours flying about that his heart is not in playing for the Seahawks no more even though in his words he states Seattle is a 'beautiful place'. He's been telling friends and family he wants to play in New York and the Giants in particular. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up there, I guess we'll find out later today...

If Russell Wilson does go to the N.Y. Giants it will cause all sorts of repercussions around the league which will be interesting to see develop with the draft just around the corner.

Where do you think Josh Rosen will end up? Wilson going to the Giants takes them out of the draft quarterback sweepstakes. Great news for Washington as it moves them nearer to a top quarterback rookie, namely Dwayne Haskins who would be perfect for the Redskins schemes behind their big offensive line.

Matt77 Posted: 05:21 Apr15 2019 Post ID: 3447837
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
If he leaves for NY Giants, they would probably have to give up a huge amount. Seattle would likely ask for picks 6 and 17 and NYG would have to accept, otherwise Seattle can stab them in the back and send him to his hometown Washington. Seattle would then select Dwayne Haskins with pick 6.

Regardless of where Wilson ends up, it doesn't help or hurt Washington. If he stays at Seattle then NY Giants are still a possibility for Haskins. If he goes to NY Giants then Seattle are a possibility for Haskins.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 15th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 08:03 Apr15 2019 Post ID: 3447838
Sanzano
+
Looks like Washington are going to make their pick on draft day while on the clock regarding a quarterback. It's looking like if Murray, Haskins and Lock are gone when it gets to pick 15 the Redskins may turn to the Cardinals and trade it for Josh Rosen.

Interestingly, Bill Bellichick wants Rosen for the Patriots but only thinks he's worth a third round pick. Personally I'm beginning to think Washington should take a chance on Rosen seeing as what is available this year but I wouldn't be too disappointed if the Redskins draft a wide reciever or defensive lineman instead. I keep hearing that Rosen is better than any quarterback in this years draft.

Warrior13 Posted: 14:38 Apr15 2019 Post ID: 3447839
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt77 said:Unfortunately I don't trust your predictions anymore Lonely Master... I hope you can finally prove me wrong though.

The ideal situation would be to trade away our 1st rounder for a 2020 1st rounder. That way a player doesn't come in to counter the tank, and Tua still gets a player to help him. Or if we don't get a top 4 pick, we can use that 2019 1st rounder to trade up. I'm not sure who would trade with us or why they would, but it could be exactly what we need to springboard into a new Miami era.

You gotta get over the Bears... XD
Matt77 Posted: 20:09 Apr15 2019 Post ID: 3447840
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Never!!!

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:26 Apr15 2019 Post ID: 3447841
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If Aaron Rodgers didn't get hurt and if the Lions were their usual 7-9 forms, the Bears wouldn't have gone even gone 8-8. We all know it. lol

Besides, I'm pretty sure I called the Eagles defeating them in the playoffs AFTER the Bears did the stupid move and let them in by defeating the Vikings in Week 17. :P

Heard Miami loves some O-Lineman. Looking like it will be either D-Line or O-Line. Matt will be happy since it will mean we will tank all the more better, since this will prevent Fitzmagic from having another target.
Matt77 Posted: 22:30 Apr15 2019 Post ID: 3447843
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
You're still in denial, Lonely Master ViolinViolinViolin I have gone over the Chicago scenario in the past, and both times concluded that they would have reached 9-7. Anyways, you're right, you did predict that Chicago winning in week 17 would hurt them. I suppose you've got some credibility back...

O-line would be the way to go imo. We need Tua to have quality protection when he comes in. Preferably, I would want Miami to sign a quality player who has a long-term injury. That way they will miss a big chunk of 2019/20, but when we draft Tua with pick 1, he can come back fully healthy and ready to contribute.

It's 8:30PM in Seattle right now, and no deal has been given to Wilson. There's talks that a deal is currently being written up, but from what I've read Wilson was adamant he wanted it done by April 15.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:42 Apr16 2019 Post ID: 3447844
Sanzano
+
Looks like the Dolphins are interested in Daniel Jones, they're working him out today. I don't think they would waste time going to Duke if they weren't interested. Apparently with pick 13 Miami are in a good position to get him. It made me laugh when I looked at the NFL Draft and Combine Profile and it says Daniel Jones NFL comparison is Ryan Tannenhill.

Looks like the Packers are in the market for a quarterback, they are showing interest in Lock and Jones. Not good news for Washington and Miami as they hold pick 12.

Matt77 Posted: 02:13 Apr16 2019 Post ID: 3447845
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Green Bay wouldn't waste their pick 12 on a backup QB (Rodgers will play for probably a few more seasons at least). They have pick 30, which would be more sensible.

I think the consensus at this stage is that every team will be rumoured to be interested in every player. Like how Washington had a workout with Murray (who they are extremely unlikely to get).

It's 12:13AM April 16 now in Seattle's time zone. Seattle better hope Wilson will be lenient with the deadline, otherwise he is off to NY Giants. No deal has been given.

EDIT - Wilson has signed with Seattle on a 4-year, $140 million deal, with $107 million guaranteed...

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 16th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 04:14 Apr17 2019 Post ID: 3447853
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Way too much money for Wilson. lol

Dennis: Miami is just working out all the QBs so it doesn't look like we're tanking... Which we are... lol

In the latest mock drafts of the site I use (since they're free), one has Haskins dropping to the Dolphins at #13 (not happening) and the other to Green Bay at #30. He's gonna free fall if he makes it past #10, #11, #15 and #17. You have to imagine he'd be in play for Raiders at #27, the Packers at #30 or the Patriots at #32 if he makes it that far.

In one of those drafts, it had the Giants getting Gray at #6 and Ferrell/Wilkins at #17. Wouldn't be too bad of a D-Line if you ask me, especially if they get a DT in the 2nd Round.
Matt77 Posted: 09:07 Apr17 2019 Post ID: 3447854
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Just wait for Dak to become the highest paid QB in the NFL. I know what you're both thinking, what the heck am I talking about. But the way quarterback contracts are being out together these days, it seems whoever signs a 4+ year deal most recently, gets paid the most. It went Ryan, Rodgers, and now Wilson. The NFL is getting worse and worse with the extreme amounts being paid to players. It's a disgrace. Backup QBs who play 0-3 games per season get paid roughly 3 times as much as the best Australian sports players.

Any mock drafts made between now and the second last day are useless, and merely fillers to create articles that various websites can put up. The writers are either told to be controversial, or themselves decide to have a bit of fun and throw in a wild selection (for example when last season Bucky Brooks had Buffalo drafting Mason Rudolph with pick 12 lol).

The latest hype is involving Green Bay and New England selecting a QB in the 1st round. Both are extremely unlikely to happen, yet every writer has jumped on the bandwagon. Every year they all predict NE to draft a QB early, yet they never do. I wouldn't be surprised if NE draft 0 QBs. And with Green Bay, 7 days ago no-one had them drafting a QB.

With only 8 days to go until the draft, I'm going to try and ignore anymore 'mock drafts'. The only ones I will pay attention to are the final ones made on April 24.

What I am happy to talk about though, is the tank. It is going to plan. Miami have happily let Fitzpatrick turn up to training overweight. Anything that will hinder his performance is a good thing. The way I see it, Miami need to be at one end of the spectrum, and since they are not Superbowl contenders at all, they need to go to the negative end (tanking). There's no point finishing 6-10. As much as I wont enjoy wanting my team to lose, it needs to be done.

The NFL schedule will be announced at 8pm AEST (in 10 hours time from me posting). Miami's first month is critical. If they play weak teams like last season, the tank will be in serious jeopardy.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 05:41 Apr18 2019 Post ID: 3447858
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Schedules were released last night. After seeing Miami's, I said to myself that we would be lucky to go 4-12. Apparently, most of the sports sites feel the same. lol
Matt77 Posted: 06:38 Apr18 2019 Post ID: 3447859
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Miami's first 6 weeks are:
vs Baltimore
vs New England
@ Dallas
vs LA Chargers
Bye
vs Washington
That bye in week 5, means a stretch of 12 consecutive games to finish the season. Miami are near certainties to be 0-4 by that stage, before a crunch clash awaits... Excellent.
Primetime games - 1 (MNF @ PIT)
Twilight games - 1
Daytime games - 14
Predicted finish: 2-14

Washington's first 6 weeks are:
@ Philly
vs Dallas
vs Chicago (MNF)
@ NY Giants
vs New England
@ Miami
Washington's bye is in week 9. They finally get a reprieve in terms of when their bye is, after years of week 5 byes.
Primetime games - 2 (MNF vs CHI and TNF @ MIN)
Twilight games - 0
Daytime games - 14
Predicted finish : 2-14

Also interestingly, Washington have been scrapped from Thanksgiving football... The mighty Bills take their place...

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 18th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 151 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close