Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 152 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 11:56 Apr18 2019 Post ID: 3447860
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Washington's Defense will keep them in more games than you might think. Even if Keenum is their QB for the whole season, they should still go 6-10.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 22:41 Apr18 2019 Post ID: 3447863
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I just worry about them in 50/50 games. Historically they don't come up big in the big moments and win those type of games. In their first 6 weeks they have plenty of chances to win, but I see them starting 0-6, including losing to Miami (that will be one of Miami's wins). Their defense is also pretty average I'm afraid. It crumbled in big moments too.

Think back to when they were 6-3 and hosting Houston. Alex Smith had just got injured while trailing 7-17, but then McCoy got them the lead back of 21-20. Twice the Washington D allowed Houston to waltz down the field (1 missed FG, another successful). Also think of them conceding 43 to New Orleans in primetime. And 38 at home versus Atlanta. And 40 at home versus NY Giants.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 11:09 Apr19 2019 Post ID: 3447864
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Washington will go at least 6-10. Mark it down.
Matt77 Posted: 11:23 Apr19 2019 Post ID: 3447865
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
You're possibly correct, but I have little faith in them. They could finish anywhere from 2-14 to 10-6 (extremely unlikely). Their start is key.

Dennis, what W/L record do you see Washington having?

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 02:56 Apr21 2019 Post ID: 3447880
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Around the 4-12 mark I think Matt, the defense as you rightly point out will probably keep them in a lot of games against mediocre opposition but their lack of fire power on offense will be their downfall. Whoever is the starting quarterback is not going to be able to do much this year I'm afraid, no wide recievers and just having running backs will not get the job done once they fall behind on points and need to score quickly.

Matt77 Posted: 23:46 Apr22 2019 Post ID: 3447884
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The latest rumor being reported by a few people, is that Arizona will not be drafting Murray after all. This is absolutely the right thing for Arizona to do. Their team is full of holes; why draft in an area which is well stocked (QB) if you need to fix WR, o-line, & d-line?

It now becomes interesting. I'm sure Jon Gruden wants to pounce if he gets a chance of getting Murray, but it depends what the Oakland organisation says. And if both Arizona and Oakland pass on Murray, then who gets him? NY Giants? Cincy? Miami? Washington?

Antonio Brown and Carr are good friends apparently, and that was one reason Brown chose to go to Oakland. I doubt Brown will be happy if Gruden ships Carr off...

It will be interesting nevertheless. There's now just under 3 days to go.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 22nd 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:51 Apr23 2019 Post ID: 3447888
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Not sure what to believe at this point...

Still, Arizona will either be doing one of three things with the #1 Overall Pick:
1) Draft Murray After All
2) Draft Bosa Instead
3) Trade Down

If Murray doesn't go to the Cardinals or the Raiders, he'll probably start to fall like Haskins. If he gets by Miami, then it will turn into a free fall.
Matt77 Posted: 12:20 Apr23 2019 Post ID: 3447891
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
If Murray falls all the way to #13, should Miami take him?

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 13:28 Apr23 2019 Post ID: 3447892
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I wouldn't. He's still very small, and I don't know how well he'll take NFL Hits. Plus, he only scored like 20/50 on his Wonderlic. I know football players aren't all smart, but come on, 40%?

However, the new Dolphins Coach & GM might like him enough to take him at #13. At the very least, the kid would sell tickets for this down year.
Matt77 Posted: 22:36 Apr23 2019 Post ID: 3447894
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Good point on hits. Playing behind the Arizona o-line (worst in the NFL) will be a disaster for him. If the scenario where he falls to us happens, he needs to sit behind Fitzpatrick until we sort out our o-line.

If they stick to their guns and draft Murray, they'll probably be sending Rosen to Washington, based on what I've read recently. The longer this plays out, the better for whoever Rosen will eventually go to. Arizona could get desperate and send him off for as little as a 3rd round pick.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:12 Apr24 2019 Post ID: 3447896
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
After the Chiefs-Seahawks trade yesterday, I doubt Rosen will be sent for anything less than a 2nd Rounder (unfortunately). I've heard the Redskins are in the mix for Rosen if the Cards do draft Murray, but I've also been hearing the Giants and Dolphins as of late. You can never count out the Patriots either, especially since they have six draft picks in the first hundred.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:34 Apr24 2019 Post ID: 3447897
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My Mock Draft
Matt77 Posted: 23:09 Apr24 2019 Post ID: 3447898
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I've gotta say, that's a pretty good mock draft. the first 16 are basically spot on. The next 16 get a bit questionable, especially towards the end, but overall it's much better than the 'experts'.

I notice you have Lock getting drafted by Cincy, ahead of Haskins (Washington). I know Haskins' stocks are falling, but is it that extreme? The reason he's not going to the draft night is because he's having a draft party with family and friends that he's been planning for years.

If 8 of your picks in the 1st round are exactly the same as the real picks, I'll let slide your horrendous Chicago 8-8 miss ViolinViolinViolin

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:49 Apr25 2019 Post ID: 3447899
Sanzano
+
This isn't looking good for the Redskins, apparently their owner Dan Snyder has taken over the first pick selection for the team. The last time he did that was in 2012 when he did that ridiculous deal with the Rams that sent them the Redskins first-round selections in 2012, 2013 and 2014, along with a 2012 second-round selection so they could move up and get Robert Griffen III. There is no quarterback in this year's draft that is worth anything near that. If he Snyder gives away the 1st, 3rd and next years 2nd so the Redskins can get Lock I'll be happy, if he gives away anything more it's madness. I'm wondering if the Redskins think with their defense which is starting to look good they could make a run for the Super Bowl in the next couple of years with a decent quarterback and a couple of wide recievers.

I Miami are still pondering on getting a quarterback, I personally think it's a smoke screen, they've got too many holes in other areas to think about first. I think they'll go with the best Defensive End available when they are on the clock unless another team offers to trade picks with them and it's in Miami's best interest.

I was watching NFL highlights of Josh Rosen and he looks like he could become a decent quarterback with a team that gives him protection. He reminds me a bit of a right-handed Steve Young. I can't figure out why the Cardinals want Murray so bad, he's untested at the NFL level for starters.

Warrior13 Posted: 04:15 Apr25 2019 Post ID: 3447900
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Yeah, the further I went, the harder it got. I don?t really know every last first round prospect. Plus, some of the guys are said to be rising and I wasn?t going to predict trades. If I get more than two correct (either by team selecting player at different spot or player going at same pick number but with different team) I will be happy. lol
Matt77 Posted: 04:15 Apr25 2019 Post ID: 3447901
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Dennis - I read that too. It looks like someone wanted to go in a particular direction with the draft, and he has stepped in and put a stop to that. Perhaps it's the opposite of what you thought. Maybe he has taken over to ensure that Washington do not trade up, and simply take Haskins/Lock/Jones with pick 15. There is absolutely no reason for Washington to trade up any further than Miami's pick 13. The only way that Washington would miss out on a QB if they swap with Miami, is if 3 of Oakland, NY Giants, Denver, and Cincy all take a QB. It's very unlikely.

I hope like hell that any trade Washington make is no-where near what you considered acceptable. The most Washington should be trading away is a single 3rd round pick (or a 2nd rounder if they decide to trade for Rosen).

Yeah, everything is pointing towards Miami not drafting a QB in the 1st round. I would say their so-called 'interest' in a QB is merely to bait Washington into doing the trade I've talked about a fair bit (Washington get pick 13, Miami get pick 15 and a 3rd rounder). We've seen in the past that teams can panic on draft night (Chicago giving SF draft picks for literally no reason).

As I've said, Rosen played behind a horrendous o-line last season. We haven't seen his full potential. Rosen was sacked roughly 3.5 times per game, and fumbled 10 times (losing 5). His completion % was also a lowly 55%. These numbers are completely different to how he was in college.

Arizona did go 3-13, but the wins they did have were impressive. There were some near-wins too. Against Seattle they came back to level the scores, only for them to miss a 45-yard FG and them immediately concede one. Then against SF they were down 3-12 at 3QT, but Rosen lead a comeback win. Then they lost 21-23 to Oakland, but they had a TD nullified when leading 21-20, and then the defense choked. Then Arizona had a huge 20-17 win @ Lambeau Field. On the season finale they then lost a heartbreaker 24-27 @ Seattle.
tl;dr - Arizona could have finished 6-10. If this had happened, there would have been less criticism of Rosen

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 25th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:05 Apr25 2019 Post ID: 3447902
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Everyone is now seeming to mock Daniel Jones to the Giants at #6...
Warrior13 Posted: 23:08 Apr25 2019 Post ID: 3447903
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
First Round is over. Skins got Haskins and Sweat. Miami got Wilkins. Both teams made good picks.

Picks I got right (correct team or correct slot):
Murray #1
Bosa #2
White #5
Jones to Giants
Bush to Steelers
Gary #12
Haskins #15
Bradbury #18
Jacobs to Raiders
Brown #25

Did I redeem myself enough, Matt?

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Apr 25th 2019 »
Matt77 Posted: 23:18 Apr25 2019 Post ID: 3447904
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
And that's the first round of the draft over! Warrior, you got 6/32 correct, but there were a few more where you picked the correct team, but they traded a few places. I guess I can let you off the hook with Chicago...

Arizona did end up drafting Murray at #1. Potentially a big mistake. As you predicted at the last second Warrior, NY Giants drafted Jones at #6. What a stupid pick. They could've waited until #17, since he was largely rated the 4th best QB. Or they could've traded for Rosen using a 2nd round pick. Oakland made a strange pick with their #4 (Clenin Ferrel). Pittsburgh traded up to #10 and got Devin Bush. Denver, Cincy, and Miami all passed on QBs, allowing Washington to not have to trade up, and they got the #2 QB in Haskins. It was meant to be. There were a few more trades, but most importantly for you Dennis, Washington traded up to #26 and got an edge rusher Montez Sweat. LA Chargers, Green Bay, and New England all passed on a QB.

Bizarrely, Drew Lock wasn't drafted in the 1st round! Oakland passed on Lock 3 times (4, 24, 27), but they do have pick 35. Otherwise, Tampa Bay have pick 39, Denver pick 41, Cincy pick 42, Detroit 43, and Miami 48.

So far, it's been very good for Miami. Christian Wilkins (DT) is going to be a very handy player, and he's capable of being a good rusher too. I'm very glad they passed on Haskins (even though he would've been a score at 13). The tank/rebuild is well on track, and I wouldn't mind if Miami take Lock with pick 48.

But Washington did even better. Haskins at pick 15 is a huge result for Washington. Because they didn't have to trade up for him, it allowed them to trade up later on to get Sweat, who apparently fell so late in the 1st round because of injuries. A fantastic draft so far.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Apr 25th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 05:01 Apr26 2019 Post ID: 3447906
Sanzano
+
I'm pleased with the Redskins picks so far. Getting Sweat is a bonus, I know he has heart issues but they said that Jonathan Allen had shoulder issues and he is playing great for the Redskins. The skins defense is starting to look really good with the addition now of Sweat playing alongside Rueben Foster and Landon Collins roaming around them nearby. Looks like Haskins will be thrown into NFL action at the start of the season, apparently he's a big guy who is NFL ready anyway so look forward to seeing what he can do. No deep threats at wide reciever as of yet but he does have Ried and Thompson as short range targets and Guice and Peterson to hand off to in the backfield.

I see Miami are getting prepared for their franchise quarterback who they will select in next years draft, that's actually a good pick by them although with Haskins and Lock available I was a little surprised they didn't pull the trigger on either of those two. I would have thought they would have gone for Lock to be honest, I wonder why he's not being picked up, not too long ago he was highly touted.

Displaying Page 152 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close