Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

NFL - Discussion Thread

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 155 of 158
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 16:56 May14 2019 Post ID: 3447978
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,006
+
Just goes to show that Belichick is the true mastermind behind their greatness. Oh, and some guy named Brady.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 09:49 May15 2019 Post ID: 3447979
Sanzano
Post Likes: 63
+
I put New England's success down to Brady more than Belichick. When Belichick was the head coach of Cleveland during 1991?1995 his win loss record was 36-44. Belichick served under Bill Parcells, all the recent great head coaches seem to come from the Bill Walsh tree and the west coast offense he devised that was revolutionary at the time.
Matt77 Posted: 11:15 May15 2019 Post ID: 3447980
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 269
+
What is interesting is that back in 2017/18 when Brady was suspended for the first 4 weeks due to Deflategate (not proven), NE went 3-1 including an impressive win @ NFC championship runners-up Arizona. I think they may've also won @ Houston 27-0. They showed that they could still win consistently, even with Jimmy Garoppolo and Jacoby Brisset as starters. Also this season Brady's numbers dropped off, yet NE still earned a first round bye in the playoffs and won the Superbowl.

It is most likely Belichick. Not every coach finds a perfect fit in their first job. After all, we're talking about Cleveland here... When he went to NE he would've had a lot more experience. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear he won a ring with NY Giants, even though I've never heard of him ever coaching them...

Still, look at the way NE completely dominated LA Rams in the Superbowl. 3 points is what one of the most dynamic offenses scored! As far as I can tell Brady would be a pretty lousy defender...

« Last edited by Matt77 on May 15th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized that Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 01:57 May16 2019 Post ID: 3447982
Sanzano
+
I hear what you're saying Matt but I believe all those players that go to New England are elevated to another level pschologically knowing they are playing for the best coach and quarterback to ever play the game. Those players go into games full of confidence expecting to win. Think about it, I remember Brady entering the league in 2000 challenging Drew Bledsoe for the starting job. The ages of the players coming through now were in single digits back then, to them Tom Brady is a living legend.

Yes, Bill Belichick won a Super Bowl rings with the Giants in 1986 and 1990 when he was the defensive coach under Bill Parcells. He got the Cleveland job shortly after and if memory serves me correct he was also the coach of the NY Jets but never coached a game, he famously resigned by writing on a napkin.

Are you guys keeping track on the player developments at Miami? All sorts of players I've never heard of are getting signed up for Washington.

Signed DE Jonathan Bonner, G Jerald Foster, DB Deion Harris, DL Austin Maloata, RB Craig Reynolds.
Matt77 Posted: 02:54 May16 2019 Post ID: 3447985
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Certainly the players must be in awe of playing at NE. It's fair to say that not one of Belichick is more influential than the other, and potentially they are not the greatest coach and player of all time. But as a combination they are virtually unstoppable, and as a pair they are the greatest the sport has ever seen.

I've barely been tracking Miami developments lately. Not much happens around this time anyway. I'm more concerned with my AFL team having a 7-1 record, and my english soccer team being in a potential disaster.

Pre-season starts in August, so my interest will get back to normal levels once we reach sometime in July. But I suppose we need to keep coming up with things to talk about here, since it's the only thing keeping the forums alive. I'll check in on Rosen's progress every now and then.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 21:44 May16 2019 Post ID: 3447988
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Just a whole lot of undrafted free agents trying out and being signed and cut. NBA Playoffs are currently more interesting... but just barely... lol

I heard Haskins is tearing it up. I?m sure he?ll be starting Day 1.

I hope Rosen starts Day 1 and is productive. Having him at two million a year for the next four years could be huge if he works out.
Sanzano Posted: 01:15 May17 2019 Post ID: 3447989
Sanzano
+
I can't see any reason why Rosen wouldn't start for the Dolphins. Thanks to Arizona he's already got NFL experience and Fitzgerald is a veteran backup anyway. Miami basically have to figure out as fast as they can whether Rosen is their quarterback of the future or a bust. As for Haskins, apparently Landon Collins thinks the Redskins have stolen the best quarterback in the draft. I was watching his highlight reel from college and he has one of the longest throws I've ever seen, he regularly passes the ball through the air for 60-70 yards, this guy is going to be exciting to watch, he can literally score from anywhere.
Matt77 Posted: 04:48 May17 2019 Post ID: 3447994
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Haskins' success will depend on the Washington o-line. If they are serviceable, he should do well, but if Haskins is out under pressure, he will fail. Take Tom Brady. He was a 7th round pick mainly because he was seen as one of the the least athletic QBs the draft had ever seen, but because NE have always had a good o-line, he never needs to run away.

The gist I'm hearing from Miami is that their plan is to have Fitzpatrick as the starter initially. Of course, that's most likely them letting the media believe that false idea. As long as Rosen performs average in the off-season, he will start.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 07:32 May17 2019 Post ID: 3447995
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It?s good then that Washington has a great O-Line... When healthy that is...
Sanzano Posted: 10:07 May17 2019 Post ID: 3447996
Sanzano
+
Trent Williams and Brandon Scherff are two decent offensive linemen for Washington, not sure about the others though to be honest. Jordan Reed is a good tight end, but like you say Warrior the Redskins front line is usually injured or banged up.
Matt77 Posted: 11:35 May17 2019 Post ID: 3447997
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Jordan Reed...lol I never knew he was a TE. He is extremely injury-prone.

I can't say I've heard of any of the Washington o-line players. I think I got mixed up and thought the group of Alabama graduates were o-line players, when in fact they are d-line. Strangely enough, Washington have EIGHT RBs on their roster. Obviously a lot will be cut, but how quickly Washington went from one of the worst rushing teams in the NFL to one of the best is remarkable.

There is reason to be optimistic. I recall seeing a stat saying in the NFC East no team has won it consecutively for a long time. I mean, Philly went from last place to SB champions. If Alex Smith hadn't got injured, I project they would've finished at least 9-7 (possibly 10-6, thus sweeping Dallas and winning the division). Now, take 9-7, and swap a conservative Smith with an aggressive Haskins, an injury-prone Doctson with a high-chemistry player McLaurin, and add Collins and Sweat into the previously patchy defense. Huge upside. Easily Washington's season could finish anywhere from 4-12 to 12-4.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 20:07 May18 2019 Post ID: 3447999
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Trent Williams and Brandon Scherff aren't just decent. They are Pro Bowlers when healthy.

Plus, the Redskins added O-Line Depth in the Draft.

The only real weakness of the Redskins Offense lies in its receiving talent. If Haskins holds up and people stay healthy, that's their only real weakness.
Matt77 Posted: 23:05 May18 2019 Post ID: 3448002
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
And they did address that weakness partially in the draft.

And then compare it to our shambles of a club. Why are all my clubs suffering :(

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:34 May19 2019 Post ID: 3448003
Sanzano
+
It's going to be interesting to see what Washington do with all those running backs. Two of them are recovering from serious injuries and another is ancient. If all the backs were healthy I'd have Guice and Love in the backfield with Thompson as the backup and maybe keep Peterson around as their mentor and let him loose once every 2-3 weeks. The Redskins found out last season Peterson can't sustain two to three decent games in a row and needs a rest to heal his body. I can't wait to see what this offense is going to do when all the pieces are healthy and Haskins has a season of NFL experience behind him.

Miami will start to look decent once they have figured out who the quarterback is going to be so they know exactly what skills their offensive linemen are going to need when they build the team around him. I have high hopes for Josh Rosen, he wouldn't have been that highly touted coming out of college if he wasn't any good. I think Arizona dropped the ball to be honest and it will be one of the biggest NFL blunders ever.
Matt77 Posted: 21:04 May20 2019 Post ID: 3448006
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Oh no. It's happening again Dennis. Reuben Foster has torn his ACL (plus additional damage) and is guaranteed to miss the entire 2019/20 season...

Washington can't take a trick. Every season they have injuries to key players. When healthy Washington are a playoff contender, but you can bet your life the injuries will slowly pop up as the season progresses...

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:26 May20 2019 Post ID: 3448007
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Horrible news. They need LB help.
Matt77 Posted: 21:48 May20 2019 Post ID: 3448008
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
And I heard at some stage they released one of their starting LBs too.

Terrible, considering Foster's girlfriend admitted she lied about the latest report of domestic violence.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:39 May21 2019 Post ID: 3448009
Sanzano
+
I hear there's a deal underway for the Redskins to pick up linebacker Reggie Ragland from the Chiefs in exchange for Josh Norman and maybe a Day 3 pick in next years draft. I don't know much about Reggie Ragland, apparently he's not as fast as Reuben Foster but is a punishing two-down linebacker who does not fit in the current Kansas scheme. Josh Norman hasn't been what that good recently aand moving the cornerback would clear $11.5 million in cap space. It will be interesting to see what happens...

What also makes it interesting is Reggie Ragland was a second round pick from Alabama, basically he'll already know half the Redskin defense from his time at college with the Crimson Tide.

Too many injured players on the Redskins team, I'm sure the team is cursed sometimes. It always seems to be key players which makes it even more frustrating.

« Last edited by Sanzano on May 21st 2019 »
Matt77 Posted: 02:52 May21 2019 Post ID: 3448010
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
If this guy has a relationship with a few of the Washington players, get him in. Trust me, you want people at your club who will be loyal and not want to leave.

Subtle references aside, Washington probably have to do this trade. As much as losing Norman will weaken the CB stocks, like you say, getting rid of an ageing Josh Norman along with cap relief is the best option of the two.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 07:54 May21 2019 Post ID: 3448011
Sanzano
+
I see Miami have a few Alabama players on their roster. That school has been producing some great NFL players recently. Half the Redskins starting lineup are former Crimson Tide players, it would be great to also add Reggie Ragland. I wouldn't mind the Redskins getting hold of Miami's Minkah Fitzpatrick, he's a quality player and exactly what Washington need.

Miami Dolphins

Kenyan Drake, running back
Minkah Fitzpatrick, safety
Maurice Smith, safety.

Washington Redskins

Jonathan Allen, defensive lineman
Ryan Anderson, linebacker
Landon Collins, safety
Reuben Foster, linebacker
Shaun Dion Hamilton, linebacker
Da'Ron Payne, defensive lineman
Ross Pierschbacher, center
Cam Sims, wide receiver
Displaying Page 155 of 158
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread: Stevendwext
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close