Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 161 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 02:30 Jul26 2019 Post ID: 3448332
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
He's blamed others for supposedly ripping him off, yet he spent millions of dollars for his 30th birthday party. He flew 320 people over in first class, hired dancers, and had snakes and camel rides.

Definitely. It's probably not a bad thing if Fitz starts a few games. That way it gives Rosen even more time to get prepared. After all, it's boom or bust for him this season. He'd want to get it right.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jul 26th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 04:48 Jul26 2019 Post ID: 3448333
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Adrian Peterson looks like he is going to be the poster boy for young men who come out of college and are given multi-million dollar contracts to peform in a sport but have no value of money or how to manage it. There should be some kind of scheme set in place to protect them. Something like 50% of earnings has to be put into a trust that cannot be touched until five years after they retire from the NFL. This give the ex players time to adjust to the real world. Peterson being in debt at the end of his stellar career is a travesty that shouldn't have happened. No wonder he is still playing, he needs to to get out of debt.

Warrior13 Posted: 14:54 Jul26 2019 Post ID: 3448334
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Two of the Giants Wideouts are already hurt. Can it get any worse for them? lol
Matt77 Posted: 22:00 Jul26 2019 Post ID: 3448337
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
ACL for no.3 WR Coleman. 12 months out of the game. Fractured thumb for Shepard, but talk is if he misses game time it will only be week 1. It's not a disaster yet. It will be a disaster however if they lose Barkley to injury.

What's your say on the ongoing QB battle between Fitz and Rosen? Who do you think is ahead right now? Who should start in week 1?

I'm getting the feeling that we need to start the TankForTua talk again...

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jul 26th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 09:11 Jul27 2019 Post ID: 3448340
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm hearing Fitzpatrick will be the starter going into Pre-Season. However, I really think we need to start Rosen in Week 1 and keep him, for better or worse, for the entire season. That will allow us to see if he can be our QB moving forward. If he's horrible, then our team will be crud and we will get Tua anyways.
Matt77 Posted: 10:32 Jul27 2019 Post ID: 3448348
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Good post. It's a critical season for us, even though playoffs are about a 2% chance.

It seems Kalen Ballage is going to be our no.1 RB. He is taking 1st team reps over Drake.

And Warrior,
You said:Two of the Giants Wideouts are already hurt. Can it get any worse for them? lol

Golden Tate has been suspended for 4 games for taking PEDs. He is appealing, but unlikely to overturn it.

Eli MUST start the season now. No point putting Jones in with next to no targets to throw to.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jul 27th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 20:53 Jul27 2019 Post ID: 3448352
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
They're gonna have to run Barkley on like every play. If they don't, they'll have to play action pass to either him or Ingram. lol
Matt77 Posted: 23:30 Jul27 2019 Post ID: 3448355
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Don't NY Giants also have one of the worst o-lines in the comp?

Looks like we have a favourite to come last in the NFC East...

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:22 Jul29 2019 Post ID: 3448357
Sanzano
+
Miami have to start Rosen, they need to find out as quickly as possible whether he is their franchise quarterback of the future or a stand-in before they possibly draft possibly Tua or another top quarterback prospect next draft day. Fitzpatrick is just trying to make the most of the time he has left in the NFL, which isn't very long. I still think Rosen will be a success with Miami once he gets the opportunity and settles into the role. If Rosen and Tua where in the same draft Rosen would be the higher touted quarterback, people quickly forget that he was part of the best quarterback crop since 1983, the Elway, Mario, and Kelly year which it the calibre of talent he is being compared to.

Warrior13 Posted: 14:40 Jul29 2019 Post ID: 3448361
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: The Giants are actually going to have one of the better O-Lines next year. Solder and Hernandez were starting to gel down the stretch. Plus, they got that Pro Bowl Guard from the Browns. I think they'll be Top 10.
Sanzano Posted: 02:05 Jul30 2019 Post ID: 3448366
Sanzano
+
The Giants would be foolish to have a week offensive line seeing as their bread and butter this year will be running Barkley. The thing is though that relying on a prominent running attack will not get you far in this era of the NFL, it may have done in the 60's and 70's but not now. The Giants are going to struggle against any team who can slow down Barkley and they fall behind on points.

Dallas are winning the NFC East with Philadelphia coming in second. Carsen Wentz in my opinon is overated, he had a good 2017 season but what has he done since then. Philadelphia should have kept Foles as Wentz spends most of his time injured.

I also think Miami are going to surprise a few people and put together a few wins, they definately won't be the worst team in the NFL. That distinction in my opinion goes to the Raiders who at the moment look aweful. I'm beginning to wonder if John Grudden knows what he is doing as I see no improvement since he took over as head coach with that monster 10 year contract.

Matt77 Posted: 02:30 Jul30 2019 Post ID: 3448368
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Fair enough Warrior. I can only keep up with so much news & info when there's 32 teams in the competition. If they have improved, it will go a long way to developing Jones too.

Miami are having problems adjusting how their o-line will play this season. They just sacked their o-line coach in favour of a man that they sacked in 2017. If it doesn't get sorted, it will be nearly as bad as Arizona's, and Rosen will get no opportunity to prove himself.

Dennis, you're right with the running game. When you think of the teams to recently do well and/or win the Superbowl, it's not from running. Last season's SB doesn't count because all offense struggled, but you look at how the 2 conference championship games went, and it featured 4 teams that could pass. Sure, 2 of them had good rushing games, but NE didn't make a comeback through rushing. Then the season before. Brady got NE out of trouble once again in the conference game through passing, and Jacksonville tried to defend their lead through rushing. You were critical of Keenum's ability as a passer, and he was exposed when Foles destroyed them. Then Philly won the SB through Foles passing for 300+ yards. I could keep going, but you get the point.

Because of the point you made, I can't see Dallas winning the NFC East again. Dak is dead average as a passer, and their only offensive threat is Elliot (who isn't training due to contract negotiations). Wentz needs to get fully fit, but when he is he's miles better than Dak.

Haha, I love what you say about Oakland/Las Vegas. They'd want to have a decent season, firstly so that Antonio Brown doesn't have a temper tantrum, and secondly so that their new fans in Las Vegas turn up to games. Also if Gruden is a flop and let's say they fire him next season, they'll still have to pay him $60 million while he sits on his couch at home laughing at the Las Vegas Raiders finishing 3-13.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:10 Jul30 2019 Post ID: 3448370
Sanzano
+
I still think Dak Prescott is an average NFL quarterback but when Elliot is healthy and standing behind him in the backfield it elevates Prescott from average to good. Dallas also had a result trading for Amari Cooper who is starting to show why he was initially a first round pick. Those three players may not be nowhere near as good as the original triplets (Irvin, Smith, and Aikman) but they ars still good enough to win the NFC East. Philadelphia will regret getting rid of Foles and Washington are a season or two away from winning the division, they lost their chance when Rueben Foster got injured.

The only fans the Las Vegas Raiders are going to get are tourists from around the world, the team has lost its identity and become a joke. The Raiders of the 70's and 80's were one of the most feared teams in the NFL coming out of the tough blue collar city of Oakland. Just looking at the badge on their silver helmet and their black and silver uniform would instil fear. It's a shame seeing what they have now become.

Matt77 Posted: 18:30 Jul30 2019 Post ID: 3448376
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Bizarrely, I see people wearing Oakland caps quite often. I have no idea why they do, but they outnumber people supporting other NFL clubs by a massive margin.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:42 Jul31 2019 Post ID: 3448377
Sanzano
+
Lol, you are absolutely correct in your observation. If you asked those people wearing it who the Raiders are I can guarantee about 80% wouldn't be able to tell you what sport they play. They are wearing Raiders merchandise because basically the team have the coolest looking uniform in the league and the colour black goes with every other colour in the colour spectrum without clashing so can be worn with anything. The Atlanta Falcons for example used to play in bright red until their marketing department realised that they could sell more jerseys by changing the team colours to black. Also all the famous rappers during the early 90's were Raiders fans (Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, and Tupac to name a few) and they were always wearing Raider jerseys which influenced their fans to do the same. Straight Outta L.A. is a great documentary if you can find it, I could only find the trailer.

I wanted an NFL jersey about 15 years ago, you would have though John Riggins burgundy or white number 44 would have been my choice. I declined to get it because I thought it was too bright to walk around the streets in. I instead opted for Marcus Allens black and silver number 32. It's a bad *** jersey.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jul 31st 2019 »

Matt77 Posted: 07:47 Jul31 2019 Post ID: 3448380
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Yeah, I figured maybe it's just cause they like the Oakland logo and like you say the black colour goes well with anything. I can't really criticise them though. I chose to follow Miami and Swansea based on their logos.

I'm not into buying sporting merchandise. If I ever did I wouldn't even wear the uniform/shirt. I'd much rather support the club my own way rather than buying merchandise every year. The only time I would consider wearing it is if I went to a game. I know in the UK it's quite common for soccer fans to buy the team kit, but it's not like I can walk down the road to Wales or Florida and attend games...

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 08:33 Jul31 2019 Post ID: 3448381
Sanzano
+
Interesting you like those two logos Matt, the dolphin and swan have similar clean curves which your eye follows. I must admit I was initially attracted to the Redskins no-nonsense and American looking logo back in 1982 when I first stated watching the NFL. The other logo I liked was the Raiders.

As for wearing football shirts, doing that in London during gameday and going into the wrong pub could have dire consequences if you know what I mean.

Matt77 Posted: 00:05 Aug01 2019 Post ID: 3448384
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Oh yes, I absolutely know what you mean. It would be even worse in south Wales. The Swansea v Cardiff rivalry is arguably more fierce than some of the rich London clubs.

I cannot understand why some of the NFL clubs have logos like the NY Giants' one. Surely teams can be more creative. I don't like the Cincy, Cleveland, NY Jets, Tennessee, KC, Chicago, Green Bay, NY Giants, or SF logos.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:51 Aug01 2019 Post ID: 3448385
Sanzano
+
The Chicago, Green Bay and New York Giants logos are classics from another era, I don't think they will ever be changed. I agree, they look a bit basic but I wouldn't like to see them changed, they are all instantly recognisable.

I'm pretty much with you on the others though, I don't like the Bungles, Cleveland, Carolina, Buffalo, Tennessee, Baltimore, N.Y. Jets, and Tampa Bay (just tried to copy the Raiders to sell jersey's changing their Errol Flynn logo and adding black to the uniform). I'm on the fence with San Francisco, I don't particularly like it but when you realise it is to symbolise the 1849 San Francisco Gold Rush it get's a pass from me, I don't like the way they have added black to it recently though, again a marketing ploy to sell jerseys. the 49'rs best uniform was the basic red and white one worn by Joe Montana, Dwight Clark and Ronnie Lott of the early 80's. I'm also on the fence with the New England logo which to me looks like a flying Elvis. A lot better though than their original one which ranks as one of the worst ever.

My top 5 are:

Oakland
Washington
Dallas
Vikings
Pittsburgh

« Last edited by Sanzano on Aug 1st 2019 »

Matt77 Posted: 05:31 Aug01 2019 Post ID: 3448386
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Hmmm. My top 5 would probably be:

Miami (by default)
New England
Pittsburgh
Arizona
LA Rams

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 161 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close