Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 163 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 08:22 Aug11 2019 Post ID: 3448441
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
(FYI this is a double post and my first is on the previous page)

Oh dear. The NFL have brought in a new rule preventing players from wearing helmets that have been used for a certain length of time. They want players to wear the new helmets because they offer better safety. A certain diva has spat the dummy about this new rule because he wants to keep wearing his helmet. In fact, he has told the NFL he will not play the game again unless he is allowed to continue wearing his helmet.

Can you guess who this player is:

A) A Las Vegas Raiders player
B) A former Pittsburgh player
C) A player who refused to play in Week 17 when his team was still an active chance to make the playoffs
D) Antonio Brown

« Last edited by Matt77 on Aug 11th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 10:26 Aug11 2019 Post ID: 3448442
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
lol

This rule was passed years ago. Brady knew last year that he would have to change his helmet style. But you didn't see him whine and threaten to quit. No, he finish the last season with his helmet style, and that next day began to train with the new one. Sure, he complained at first that it was much bigger than his previous helmet, but he got over it. AB needs to do the same. You're getting paid 15 million for playing a game, and at a position that doesn't get as beat up as other positions.

Anyway, Chiefs are going to be crazy good. That WR they drafted out of Georgia is going to give them two Tyreek Hills. They're gonna have those two guys flying all over the field with Kelce in the middle. And with Mahomes' arm... Good luck...

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Aug 11th 2019 »
rugal00 Posted: 16:37 Aug11 2019 Post ID: 3448443
rugal00
Post Likes: 0
+
Hi guys,
i just create my own gacha life i don't know if you have heared about it i'm from french and i need more technique in PM if you know more or if you have any comment Thank you
My chaine name in youtube : x Zaphyr x
Matt77 Posted: 18:35 Aug11 2019 Post ID: 3448445
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
What's with NFL players, and sports players in general, being upset with things when like you say they get paid tens of millions every year? There is a 3-word term that can be used to describe someone like Antonio Brown. I'm sure you've seen me mention it before.

Be careful with the sophomore slump Warrior. Every year a team that made the conference game the previous season has a bad slump and either doesn't make playoffs or is very lucky to qualify. Atlanta & Green Bay suffered. Then Philly and Jacksonville struggled. Who will suffer out of New England, Kansas City, New Orleans, & LA Rams? I think LA Rams are a big chance to have a bad year. KC need to make sure they don't go into the season just expecting to score 30+ points per game.

Who would've thought that after starting 4-1 (including beating New England convincingly) Jacksonville would miss playoffs altogether and be one of the worst team in the comp? Kansas City are in a competitive division, and if LA Chargers didn't choke a lead against Denver in mid-season, KC would've been the 5th seed.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Aug 11th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Matt77 Posted: 23:15 Aug12 2019 Post ID: 3448447
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
On April 17, I said:Just wait for Dak to become the highest paid QB in the NFL. I know what you're both thinking, what the heck am I talking about. But the way quarterback contracts are being put together these days, it seems whoever signs a 4+ year deal most recently, gets paid the most. It went Ryan, Rodgers, and now Wilson. The NFL is getting worse and worse with the extreme amounts being paid to players. It's a disgrace.

On June 14, Dennis said:...surely if there is one in place it will get to the point where giving too huge a chunk to the quarterback will breed contempt and disdain amongst the team. I wonder what the ceiling will be? It can't be far off now, 34 million a year is a ridiculous amount of money for one player.

Yesterday I said:What's with NFL players, and sports players in general, being upset with things when like you say they get paid tens of millions every year?

Dak Prescott has turned down a new contract worth $30 million a year. He wants $40 million a year, which would make him the highest paid QB in the NFL..............

« Last edited by Matt77 on Aug 12th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:53 Aug13 2019 Post ID: 3448448
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Greedy bugger, obviously Prescott realises it will tie up money the team could use to strengthen the Cowboys in other positions but all he is interested in is what he personally gets in the bank. Makes you realise what a team player Tom Brady is and how he helped the Patriots win all those Super Bowls by taking pay cuts when he could have been asking for pay rises and with his resume deserved them, what has Dak Prescott ever done?

If I was the Cowboys I think I'd be looking to trade Prescott for a number one draft pick and take a chance with a rookie quarterback. Prescott has shown his cards, he's just a mercenary interested in himself. A team needs a team player at quarterback who the players believe in if they are going to be successful, natural talent only takes you so far.

Matt77 Posted: 03:35 Aug13 2019 Post ID: 3448449
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Interestingly enough, Dak has put himself in a very bad position. If he shows the NFL world his true colours this season (a dead average QB), Dallas will move on with a kid in the next draft. Dak, Elliot, and Cooper all want big contract extensions, and Dallas won't be able to please all 3 of them without asking other players to take pay cuts.

The way I see it, is that Dak Prescott is Case Keenum with a rushing ability, and an elite RB by his side.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 07:41 Aug13 2019 Post ID: 3448450
Sanzano
+
That's exactly the way I look at Prescott as well, average. The only one of those three that is elite is Elliott and running backs in the NFL are not that valuable. Like yourself I don't think Prescott is doing himself any favours, 30 million is more than enough to play any game. Why does Prescott think he is worth 40 million, he hasn't done anything, has no Super Bowl rings or nothing. If the Cowboys have to start asking other players to take pay cuts there will be resentment in that teams locker room which doesn't bode well for the team in general.

Matt77 Posted: 03:55 Aug14 2019 Post ID: 3448452
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Antonio Brown is back at training. For now. Who knows when his next dummy spit will be.

Just a reminder to you and to Warrior that the season starts in 23 days, meaning tipping also starts then. You don't have to re-join; we're all automatically in the competition already. All you need to do it tip like usual.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 05:13 Aug14 2019 Post ID: 3448453
Sanzano
+
I can't wait for the competition to start Matt. Trying to follow half a dozen games at once twice a day is fun, especially when you get the right result.

How have Dallas the second ranked defense in the NFL, not sure about that. Washington aren't even in the top 10. I would have thought the Chicago Bears would have been nubmer 1.

Matt77 Posted: 04:08 Aug16 2019 Post ID: 3448461
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I seem to remember that Dallas have a decent defense. I didn't think it was that good though. I'm with you; Chicago have the best defense. Or at least they should have the best defense. I'm not sure if they can recapture the level they produced last season.

Takeaways from Thursday night's preseason games:

- Kyler Murray went 3/8 for 12 yards & was sacked twice (including conceding a safety)
- Bengals rookie QB Ryan Finley went 20/26 for 150 yards & 2TDs
- Dwayne Haskins went 7/14 for 114 yards & 1TD
- Baltimore won their 15th consecutive preseason game, and Atlanta lot their 11th consecutive

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 07:50 Aug16 2019 Post ID: 3448462
Sanzano
+
12 yards in 8 attempts! Oh dear, those Cardinal fans must be getting a bit jittery now they've got rid of Rosen who was beginning to look half decent. I'll laugh if Murray goes down as another Ryan Leaf and becomes one of the biggest draft busts ever and Rosen goes on to lead the Dolphins to the Super Bowl.

Haskins stats don't look spectacular but they are a step in the right direction from last week. Chicago will be thinking Super Bowl, Tubishky now has experience and their defense is elite level. They are an outside bet at 14-1 so the odds makers have not totally discounted them as a threat to become champions.

Early prediction. I take the Chiefs to beat the Saints unless the Bears defense goes up another notch in which case things get interesting.

Current odds in Vegas:
New England Patriots 6-1
Kansas City Chiefs 6-1
Los Angeles Rams 10-1
New Orleans Saints 10-1
Indianapolis Colts 14-1
Chicago Bears 14-1
Philadelphia Eagles 14-1
Green Bay Packers 14-1
Los Angeles Chargers 16-1
Cleveland Browns 20-1
Pittsburgh Steelers 20-1
Dallas Cowboys 20-1
Minnesota Vikings 25-1
Seattle Seahawks 30-1
Houston Texans 40-1
Atlanta Falcons 40-1
Baltimore Ravens 40-1
San Francisco 49ers 40-1
Carolina Panthers 40-1
Jacksonville Jaguars 50-1
Oakland Raiders 60-1
Denver Broncos 80-1
New York Jets 100-1
Cincinnati Bengals 100-1
Buffalo Bills 100-1
New York Giants 100-1
Detroit Lions 100-1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 100-1
Washington Redskins 100-1
Tennessee Titans 100-1
Arizona Cardinals 300-1
Miami Dolphins 500-1

Matt77 Posted: 11:20 Aug16 2019 Post ID: 3448463
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
That's harsh odds for Miami. I mean that 500-1 is fair, but they shouldn't be the least likely team to win it. the simple fact is that because there are 32 teams, the media don't know enough about each individual team to make a fair judgement.

If the SB odds are anything to go by, this would be predicted playoff teams:

#1/#2 New England & Kansas City
#3 Indy
#4/#6 Cleveland & Pittsburgh
#5 LA Chargers

#1/#2 LA Rams & New Orleans
#3 or #4 Philly
#3 or #4/#5 Chicago & Green Bay
#6 Dallas

I can't understand the hype surrounding Dallas. Surely in the stacked NFC with teams like Minnesota, Atlanta, Carolina, & Seattle, Dallas will struggle.

My way-too early SB prediction is still New England v New Orleans.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Aug 16th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:44 Aug17 2019 Post ID: 3448467
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
After last night, we definitely need to keep only Rosen and Rudock. Trade Fitzpatrick should another QB in the league gets hurt, or keep him as strictly our third option. After two decent Rosen and two great Rudock performances, there is no point in not seeing if with have something in either him.
Matt77 Posted: 11:58 Aug17 2019 Post ID: 3448468
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
From the numbers it seems all 3 QBs had average games. The logical move would be to keep all 3 though. Most NFL rosters have 3 or 4 QBs anyway.

From the looks of it we played next to no starters, so the result means very little. But I'll be intrigued to see how we go in the regular season. Baltimore will be a good gauge.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 16:26 Aug17 2019 Post ID: 3448470
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Rudock is doing great, especially when you consider what he's working with. Sure, he's going up against other backups, but it ain't easy having back to back game winning drives. (Even though our defense let the Bucs go all the way down field in less than a minute and take the actual win. lol)

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Aug 17th 2019 »
Sanzano Posted: 01:42 Aug19 2019 Post ID: 3448473
Sanzano
+
I see Ruddock was a 6th round draft choice in the 2016 draft for the Detroit Lions but because of Matthew Stafford did not get a chance to play. His only NFL stats are 3-5 for 24 yards and an interception. Not great stats but the fact that the Lions kept him around for a couple of years tells us he has potential.

I see reports coming out of Miami saying Ruddock is the most polished and game ready of their three quarterbacks. The guy is no idiot, he played for the Michigan Wolverines in 2015 and put up some decent numbers. Maybe he's the Dolphins starting quarterback this year, Tom Brady was also a 6th round draft choice and look what he did when given a chance.

Matt77 Posted: 04:41 Aug19 2019 Post ID: 3448474
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It's worth Miami having a look at all 3 QBs during the regular season. Sometimes players click in a certain team under a certain coaching staff. The main thing we need to remember like you say, is that every QB who is drafted or picked up by an NFL team is extremely talented and probably threw for 5000+ yards at college. Last season Nick Mullens was the fairytale story (he was undrafted but picked up later by SF) and showed he has a future in the game as at least a backup. You don't lead your team to an overtime win against Seattle (who they hadn't beaten for years) if you're not good. Chances are this season a QB drafted in the 5th round or later will have some sort of success.

Also a factor would be how they adjust from college football into the NFL. Some players flop, and others overachieve. If at college you weren't anything special, but had the skills necessary to succeed in the NFL such as high accuracy and good under physical and mental pressure, you may do well compared to someone who is very athletic but not as smart.

I see it a lot in Australian sport. Players are highly rated as juniors, but when they switch from playing against 18-year olds to men in their mid-20s and older, they struggle big time. They'd be better off looking for players that are a few years older and have skills no-one knows about. That's why good recruiters are so undervalued.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Aug 19th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 16:07 Aug19 2019 Post ID: 3448476
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Sanzano: Rudock started for Iowa before transferring to Michigan. He was okay at Iowa, but Harbaugh made him look like a real QB at Michigan. Detroit should've kept him, especially since it appears Stafford as hit his ceiling. At the very least, he's worth looking into this down season, since we all know Fitzpatrick isn't anything special.
Matt77 Posted: 21:17 Aug19 2019 Post ID: 3448479
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Well, it's perfect timing that you mention Fitz. It seems he is almost a lock to be the starter at Miami. Flores hasn't stopped praising his ability and leadership, while he's said Rosen's body language and speed at getting through plays needs to improve. Flores has already said Fitz will start the 3rd preseason game too.

And Dennis it seems Keenum is also a lock. Haskins has been mediocre in preseason and clearly needs time to adjust to NFL life, and McCoy is having problems with his leg and foot & will miss at least 3 weeks.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 163 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close