Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 167 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 12:25 Sep08 2019 Post ID: 3448584
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Pats are gonna win it all if AB and Gordon can play well and not get in any trouble.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 12:57 Sep08 2019 Post ID: 3448586
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
It's Baltimore 28-0 already...

Also Foles is out with a shoulder injury.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 14:39 Sep08 2019 Post ID: 3448587
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
What the heck is up with Atlanta???

I thought that one was going to be close either way...
Warrior13 Posted: 16:01 Sep08 2019 Post ID: 3448588
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Congrats, Dennis, on leading at the halfway mark. But I must say... Buffalo slopped that win... XD
Matt77 Posted: 19:25 Sep08 2019 Post ID: 3448589
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Oh boy. Fitz gets benched and Rosen threw an INT on the first play. 59-10 loss ffs.

This is going to be a LONG season.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 02:42 Sep09 2019 Post ID: 3448591
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
The Patriots picking up Antonio Brown is like when they picked up Randy Moss, a troubled wide reciever nobody wanted. New England got 3 good years out of him and he went to the Hall of Fame. Brown has a chance to to the same if he keeps his mouth shut and just plays football.

I'm surprised Cleveland lost, I had high hopes for them this year. Miami got slaughtered, I thought that game was going to be closer and I was right about the Redskins keeping that game close, they were winning entering the third quarter. Case Keenum actually looked good in the first half. Guice was a dissapointment though, if Peterson was in the game the Redskins may have won it.

Matt77 Posted: 06:47 Sep09 2019 Post ID: 3448593
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Dennis, Washington lead 17-0 and 20-7. It was a great effort, but that was one that got away. Keenum was outstanding with 30/44 for 380 yards & 3TDs, as well as McLaurin with 5 receptions for 125 yards. Like you say if Peterson was fit, it would've made a huge difference. One thing's for sure; if Washington and Keenum keep playing like that, Colt McCoy will be cut.

Tennessee and Marcus Mariota made a huge statement. Mariota finished well with 14/24 for 248 yards & 3TDs. Mayfield meanwhile was erratic with 3INTs ever since they opened the scoring to lead 6-0.

Mahomes torched the Jacksonville defense for nearly 400 yards, but he wasn't the only QB to have a blinder. Jaguars rookie QB Gardner Minshew went 22/25 (89%) for 275 yards, 2TDs & 1INT. They may need him to play similar to the way he did yesterday, because Foles' injury is very bad and may end his season.

Miami's leading rusher was Kenyan Drake with 4 carries for 12 yards. Meanwhile Lamar Jackson only needed 17 passes to score 5TDs and the highest QB rating in Baltimore's history. Miami look weak in all areas. I don't think I've seen a score where the home team concedes 59 points (including 42 at HT). At this stage a 1-15 record is a success.

Atlanta were hopeless. Their score flatters them. Minnesota were up 28-0 at 3QT. Bizarrely, Kirk Cousins only threw the ball 10 times.

Le'Veon Bell's 60 yards needed to be more. That was pathetic by NY Jets. At one stage they were leading 16-0, at home, only to allow Buffalo to score on their final 3 possessions.

Jacoby Brisset was excellent, and nearly lead Indy to a massive upset against LA Chargers. 21/27 for 190 yards & 2TDs isn't bad for a backup playing away from home.

Andy Dalton exploded for an unthinkable 35/51 for 418 yards & 2TDs. A 1-point loss @ Seattle is very good sign for Cincy (who were predicted to be one of the worst team in the NFL).

Kyler Murray lead Arizona back from 6-24 down with 6 minutes left to hit the front 27-24 in overtime, before Detroit responded and secured a tie. Beyond impressive, considering Detroit are a very good 4th quarter team.

Dak went 25/32 for 405 yards & 4TDs to silence the critics (me amongst them). He clearly wants his payday. Jerry Jones says Dak's extension is "imminent".

Houston got in front 28-27 after getting a second chance to kick the XP, before New Orleans marched down the field and kicked a 58-yard winner.

Carr went 22/26 (85%) for 259 yards & 1TD, even without Brown. Rookie RB Josh Jacobs also went will with 85 yards. These two are key for Oakland to be contending for playoffs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT - Several websites are reporting that some Miami players are desperate to be traded because they don't want to be in a tanking team. No names, but it would be a body blow if key young talent walked out the door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well done Dennis, you stuck with Oakland and lead us by two (13-11-11). 13/16 (the tie gets counted as a correct pick) for the unpredictable first week is very good.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 10th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:40 Sep10 2019 Post ID: 3448596
Sanzano
+
Interesting developments in Washington regarding Adrian Peterson. Apparently the offense has become disgruntled as to why he wasn't playing as the guy was healthy. They want to know why a future Hall of Famer was left on the bench. Guice is now injured so Peterson will probably start next week anyway. The other thing is the left tackle brought in to replace Trent Williams only made about 77% of his assignments while Trent Williams has an average of 93%. Big difference...

Derek Carr had a good game, he only had four incompletions. Looks like the Raiders don't want to go to Las Vegas as losers.

Just been studying the game film of Kyler Murray from Sunday, he looked like Joe Montana in the 4th quarter of the game against the Lions. The Cardinals were down 24-6 with about six minutes left on the clock. Game ended up 27-27. The kid can play... Is Murray to Fitzgerald going to be the next Montana to Rice, the deadliest tandem in the NFL?

« Last edited by Sanzano on Sep 10th 2019 »

Matt77 Posted: 03:52 Sep10 2019 Post ID: 3448597
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Jay Gruden made the decision not to play Peterson. My best guess is that he thinks Guice is the real deal and wants to give him and the younger players more game time. But it's contradictory though, because Washington made the decision to bring him back for another season. And on Guice, it is a knee injury. Keep in mind that he's coming back from an ACL tear, which is the worst injury you can have.

Murray struggled for 3 quarters, and while I agree his 4th (and overtime) was sensational, he needs to prove that he can put in a 4=quarter performance. If Arizona were playing a better team, or playing away from home, there's no way their opposition would choke a 18-point 4th quarter lead.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:39 Sep10 2019 Post ID: 3448598
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Congrats, Dennis, on winning Week 1. I know you got upset picks with Buffalo and Oakland, but you've got to admit those two teams were SOOOOOOOOOOO lucky to have won. lol

Week 2 looks much easier, especially since we have a better grasp of each team.
Matt77 Posted: 11:05 Sep10 2019 Post ID: 3448603
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Buffalo were on track to be shutout so yes, they were lucky. but by the sounds of it Oakland were dominant (Denver got a late TD, so in reality the score could've been 24-9). I tipped Denver cause I changed after Brown got traded, but they were underwhelming. Zero sacks.

Enjoying life in last place :p Jk

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 22:10 Sep10 2019 Post ID: 3448605
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I?m just glad to have survived after starting 4-4. I?ll take 11-5.
Sanzano Posted: 01:39 Sep11 2019 Post ID: 3448606
Sanzano
+
I was disappointed with Cleveland, I had them for the win. Not only did Baker Mayfield have a poor game throwing three interceptions I have just realised that Kareen Hunt is suspended until week 10 and Antonio Callaway is suspended for 4 games. Not sure how the Titans managed to score all those points as Cleveland has a decent defense.

I've managed to get a two game breathing space after week 1 which was unexpected to tell the truth, keeping it is another story though as there are a few games in week 2 I'm undecided about which in my mind could go either way.

Antonio Brown is now facing sexual assault charges,I bet the Raiders are pleased about that, just the sort of publicity they need before their move to Las Vegas. They've picked up a quality player in Antonio Brown but unfortunately for them he comes with nightmare baggage. Then again the Raiders under Al Davis have a long history of picking up that type of player and then going on to win Super Bowls.

Matt77 Posted: 02:01 Sep11 2019 Post ID: 3448607
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Treat your 2-game lead as insurance for when Warrior eventually catches up. It allows you to make some mistakes, without falling behind. The problem we had last season was that Warrior got a huge lead on us quite early. I seem to remember it being quite evenly matched in the 2nd half of the season (Warrior didn't really extend his lead). So if you (and hopefully me) can not let him jump out to a lead, you have an outside chance to defeat him.

Also, we will not be counting playoffs*. If someone has the lead at the end of week 17, then they are crowned the winner. We can still tip the playoffs, but just for fun. However, if 2 or more of us have the same number of points at the end of week 17, the playoffs will be counted.

It would be similar to a game of NFL. First 4 weeks are Q1. Next 4 weeks are Q2. Next 4 weeks are Q3. Final 5 weeks are Q4. If scores are tied, overtime is played (the playoffs). If once the Superbowl is played there is still a tie, then the winner will be determined by who has the lowest margin score.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:00 Sep11 2019 Post ID: 3448608
Sanzano
+
Sounds good to me. You are absolutely correct Matt, if we don't get forced into picking upsets like last year in order to catch Warrior13 this competition should go down to the last week of the season.

Matt77 Posted: 03:15 Sep11 2019 Post ID: 3448609
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I'll be happy to just tread water for these first few weeks. Once Australia's sporting competitions end, I'll be more focused on the NFL.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 04:22 Sep11 2019 Post ID: 3448610
Sanzano
+
Be careful Matt, you could find yourself six games behind come October and a quarter of the season gone by being complacent. You don't want to be playing catch-up again as Warrior13 doesn't make many mistakes once the season gets going.

Matt77 Posted: 04:51 Sep11 2019 Post ID: 3448611
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
What I mean is that I probably won't tip many upsets for the next few weeks. I'm well aware that I need to stay close to Warrior. If I'm within 2 games of Warrior once the AFL & NRL finish, I will be happy.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:56 Sep11 2019 Post ID: 3448612
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Submitted my picks for this week. ;)
Matt77 Posted: 18:40 Sep11 2019 Post ID: 3448617
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
YES. Thank you for reminding me! I woke up and remembered I hadn't, but then forgot again.

9 home teams and 7 road teams for me. 2 upset picks included.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 167 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close