Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 171 of 460
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | ... | 458 | 459 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 09:36 Sep24 2019 Post ID: 3448701
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I won't say which, as asked, but you got two of the four. ;)
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 09:43 Sep24 2019 Post ID: 3448702
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Can you guess which of the four I chose as my upset? Violin

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 10:19 Sep24 2019 Post ID: 3448703
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Raiders.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 24th 2019 »
Matt77 Posted: 11:49 Sep24 2019 Post ID: 3448704
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
F*** no.

Sorry to be blunt, but I do not rate Oakland at all. Especially Jon Gruden. Also, Indy were fantastic on Sunday in beating Atlanta. Brisset was also fantastic.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 01:58 Sep25 2019 Post ID: 3448707
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I'm struggling with the Saints vs Cowboys game at New Orleans. When I first looked at it it appears like an obvious win for Dallas but then I look into it a bit more I'm not so sure. Teddy Bridgewater is not Brees but he's good enough to lead the Saints against the Seahawks away from home. His confidence must be sky high and he plays at home this week with an in form Alvin Kamara. I think this one is going to be closer than what people think.

Washington vs Dallas isn't easy to predict either, two hopeless teams, I give the slight edge to New York on the strength of Barkley and them being at home. Daniel Jones put up some decent numbers last week, 23 attempts 36 completions for 336 yards and 2 Touchdowns. The issue I have with this game is it is a divisional game and they are the hardest to predict as anything can happen.

Matt77 Posted: 04:44 Sep25 2019 Post ID: 3448708
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
No no no no no. Dennis, Barkley is out for 4-6 weeks with a high ankle sprain.

Daniel Jones looked impressive though. He passed for 300+ yards, 2TDs, 0INTs, and rushed for 2 more TDs, leading NY Giants back from 10-28 down at HT away from home. Are NY Giants going to have the last laugh after they were criticised for drafting Jones so high? I think so. Murray is playing behind the second-worst o-line in the NFL and could have his career ruined before it starts like with Rosen, and Haskins looks like a bust early on. Denver are being very smart by not playing Drew Lock.

I was torn with Dallas @ New Orleans too. When you put Dallas's start to the season in context, they have played NY Giants, Washington, and Miami, which are 3 of the worst teams in the competition. Everyone is going on about them being SB contenders, yet they have played no-one good yet. Playing away from home makes it tough too. If Bridgewater plays the way he did last week, they will win, but if he can't recapture that form, they will lose. It's a tough one to predict...

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 19:04 Sep25 2019 Post ID: 3448710
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think that game will be close either way. Keenum has something to prove after that horrible performance against the Bears, and, as you mentioned Matt, Barkley is out. The Giants Defensive is still terrible. lol

If Redskins lose though, Haskins will be in.
Sanzano Posted: 01:36 Sep26 2019 Post ID: 3448711
Sanzano
+
The Redskins are fickle, Case Keenum according to the stats is currently rated the 4th best quarterback in the NFL after three games, what more does the guy have to do? You can't blame him for the team losing.

I blame as usual bad management, Preston Smith was traded to the Packers and after three weeks has 4.5 sacks and Ha Ha Clinton Dix who was traded to Chicago has 2 interceptions. Then you've got DJ Swearinger was released making 20 tackles for Arizona. That's three key players gone from last years solid Redskin defense. The only bright spot is Montez Sweat who has tallied up 16 tackles and a sack so far. Landon Collins is playing OK but the rest of the off-season signing haven't done much on defense. The Trent Williams situation is hurting the whole teams morale as well. I've already written off this season for the Redskins, no way they make the playoffs.

Still trying to figure out how why the 49rs and Lions are undefeated, surely their bubbles are about to burst, definately for Detroit who host the inform also undefeated Chiefs with the number one ranked quarterback in the league so far this season in Mahomes.

Warrior13 Posted: 21:07 Sep26 2019 Post ID: 3448712
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Someone picked the Eagles? This will be interesting... 21-20 Eagles @ Halftime...
Matt77 Posted: 23:38 Sep26 2019 Post ID: 3448713
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Well. Firstly I will say that behind New England, Green Bay winning was my lock pick. I saw next to no way a Philly team that capitulated against Atlanta in primetime and then lost to Detroit of all teams (at home) could come even close to winning @ Green Bay. Secondly, regardless of whether that was intended, or just an upset pick in hope, that was very well done Lonely God Cool

Rodgers threw for 420 yards, but it still wasn't enough. They lost the rushing battle, and that eventually took a toll with Rodgers throwing the pick in the red zone.

I said it when the trade happened, and I will say it again. How/why did Chicago trade Jordan Howard to Philly for a SIXTH round pick?!?!?!

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:37 Sep27 2019 Post ID: 3448714
Sanzano
+
Wow, Warrior13 took Philadelphia to go into GreenBay and beat the undefeated Packers with an inform Aaron Rogers, and that's coming off the Eagles two defeats against mediocre opponnets they should have beat. I'm with Matt on this one, I had the Packers winning easily.

Matt77 Posted: 02:14 Sep27 2019 Post ID: 3448715
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Now I'm dead last :(

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 09:13 Sep27 2019 Post ID: 3448718
Sanzano
+
I wouldn't worry about it at this stage Matt, as long as you stay within touching distance it's still anyones competition. Mind you if Warrior13 keeps on plucking those horse shoes out of his a?se like he did with the Philadelpha vs Green Bay game he will be tough to beat.

Warrior13 Posted: 09:49 Sep27 2019 Post ID: 3448719
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I picked what are considered to be four upsets this week. One won last night. I'm hoping they all will pull through, but if I split, this competition will still be tied. lol
Matt77 Posted: 09:58 Sep27 2019 Post ID: 3448720
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Dennis said:Mind you if Warrior13 keeps on plucking those horse shoes out of his a?se like he did with the Philadelpha vs Green Bay game he will be tough to beat.

I would use a laughing emoji here if I could.

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 10:23 Sep29 2019 Post ID: 3448722
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Lonely God, I can sense it. I am not tipping them, because it will jinx it, but, make absolutely no mistake my friend, the Miami Tankers are going to transform back into dolphins today, when we beat the Melvin Gordon-led Chargers Cool

(get ready to quote me when we lose 0-38)

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:43 Sep29 2019 Post ID: 3448723
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Well, my Redskins Upset was a bust. Thought that one would be close... I was dead wrong...

Gruden is gonna be fired.
Matt77 Posted: 20:03 Sep29 2019 Post ID: 3448724
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Dennis - 39
Warrior - 38
Matt - 37

Not bad Warrior. Picking Washington was dumb, but you got the Jacksonville pick along with Dennis. I picked Denver just because they were at home, but that was a 50/50 pick.

Sadly Miami lose again. Rosen's stats of 17/24 for 180 yards, 1TD and 1INT don't look too bad considering we are tanking. How did he go?

Dennis, Dwayne Haskins' career is over I'm afraid. Washington threw him to the wolves, and he crumbled with 0TDs and 3INTs. They HAD to wait longer. Now he's the starter and has no time to adjust to NFL life. I can't think of a time that a rookie QB had an ugly start to their career and went on to do good things.

Wow, Tampa Bay won @ LA Rams 55-40! The fourth quarter featured 44 points combined! Jared Goff threw three pick 6's, yet also passed for 510 yards...

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 30th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 20:50 Sep29 2019 Post ID: 3448725
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Redskins Pick wasn't all that bad. If they hadn't had those four interceptions, at least not in their territory, it would've been a much closer game. If I recall, the Giants were only favored by three.

I have no idea what is up with the Redskins. I get losing their first three games sine their competitors were way better then them, but their roster should've been able to defeat the Giants. Makes me wonder if the Phins can beat them after our bye week. It will be in Miami, after all. Surely they will lose to the Patriots next week, but knowing them, they'll probably hang for a few quarters.

With that said, this has been the craziest month to start a new year that I've ever seen. I've never seen this many road teams wins in the first four weeks. I've also never seen so many teams that should win not win certain games. I'm shocked the three of us have done as well as we have. Week 1 is always about survival, not the first month. XD

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 29th 2019 »
Sanzano Posted: 02:10 Sep30 2019 Post ID: 3448726
Sanzano
+
Terry Bradshaw and John Elway both had terrible starts to their career but ended up in Stanton. I hate to admit it but I think Haskins is a bust, those stats are awful. I'm wondering if the problem is a mental one rather than a physical one, it appears he struggles to read the game and cannot throw on the run. No wonder the Giants played it safe and went with Jones who although not spectacular plays a steady game. I think the Dolphins will beat the Redskins when they play, especially if Haskins starts.

Displaying Page 171 of 460
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | ... | 458 | 459 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close