Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 174 of 460
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | ... | 458 | 459 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 04:26 Oct07 2019 Post ID: 3448773
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Dallas made a lot of garbage time yards. They were trailing 3-31 before making the scoreline look close.

The competition keeps looking even for 31 of the 32 teams. There were some shocking performances in there.

Dennis, you really love Buffalo huh.

Dennis - 49
Warrior, & Matt - 47

I'm not sure how they've done it, but Washington look as bad as Miami now I'm afraid. After scoring first through a 65-yard rushing TD to lead 7-0, they were outscored 0-33 from that point onwards. It will be a crucial clash in terms of the race to the #1 pick.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 08:43 Oct07 2019 Post ID: 3448774
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Washington fired Gruden. If Miami loses to them, they are really tanking. lol

The Cowboys were actually ripping the Packers Defense for most of the game. If it wasn't for those interceptions and missed field goals, I feel they would've won. But because of all of those mistakes, they obviously deserved to lose.

To think, if the teams that should've won did this week, I believe I would be one game ahead of Matt, who would be one game ahead of Dennis. How one missed Rams kick, another mediocre Titans performance, and a few Cowboy mistakes can change the whole outcome of things.

But like Dennis said, next week holds no reprieve. Another tough week ahead. It's non-relenting this year.
Sanzano Posted: 09:36 Oct07 2019 Post ID: 3448775
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I'm starting to wonder about tonights game, although the 49rs have won 26 of their last 33 appearances on Monday Night Football and should be fresh coming off a bye week the Browns looked good last week beating the Colts. The same Colts team that beat Kansas City yesterday night.

Not surprised Gruden got sacked, the Redskins have gone from bad to worse, I'm not even sure they can beat the Dolphins in Miami next week, a team fresh off its bye week. The Redskins secondary is hopeless and if Fitzgerald starts and gets hot like he did a couple of times last year things could get ugly down in Miami.

Matt77 Posted: 09:40 Oct07 2019 Post ID: 3448776
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
You still have a chance. You haven't yet tipped that upset you were talking about, so you've tipped Cleveland I'm guessing?

Regardless of whether Dallas made yards or not, it was Green Bay 31-3 before garbage time. I'm guessing Green Bay eased up at that stage. That game was simply a good call by Dennis.

Tennessee was fair. You don't deserve to win a game if you score twice, in my eyes (Buffalo). I'm being careful with Tennessee from here on. I'll possibly tip them because they've just lost, but in 2 weeks time I doubt I'll be so stupid.

I've done my week 6 tips early. According to the tipper percentages, I have tipped 4 upsets. I went with 10 home teams, 3 road teams, and the London game.

EDIT - Have we traveled back in time? Fitzpatrick was benched after week 2, due to rumors the NFL were going to investigate Miami for tanking. The only reason I think Miami may be able to win, is that Rosen has been playing well.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 7th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 10:37 Oct07 2019 Post ID: 3448777
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I originally went with the Browns, but I decided to switch to the 49ers. But this had to do with my family picks. If 49ers win, I'll now be leading. If I stayed with the Browns and they lost, I think I would be two games back. If 49ers lose, I'll still be only a game back now.

I can't pick until I see tonight's game. Need to know, even if they lose, if I think the Browns can hang with the Seahawks next week.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 7th 2019 »
Matt77 Posted: 23:50 Oct07 2019 Post ID: 3448778
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Why did you have to change :( You could've picked Cleveland in our competition, and SF in the other.

Wow. That was something. San Fransisco may have won 31-3, but they missed 3 FGs. 40-3 should have been the score.

Baker Mayfield: 8/22 for 100 yards & 2INTs.

I am now tipping 9 home teams, 4 road teams, and the London game.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 7th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:39 Oct08 2019 Post ID: 3448779
Sanzano
+
I saw the Green Bay v Dallas game yesterday night and the Packers look good. I see why Rogers is rated so highly, easily top three quarterback in the league, he literally led that team like not many quarterbacks are able to do.

Looks like the expectations on the Browns this season is too much, I thought yesterday nights game was going to be closer, as Matt pointed out Mayfield's stats were terrible, that's not a one-off either.

I see the caretaker coach of the Redskins is Bill Callahan, the same coach that took the Raiders to the Super Bowl in 2002. Why wasn't he the head coach of the Redskins, the guy obviously knows what it takes to take a team to the big game.

At the moment the following names are being mentioned as candidateds for the Redskins head coach position.

Eric Bieniemy, Chiefs offensive coordinator
Jim Harbaugh, Michigan head coach
Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma head coach
Josh McDaniels, Patriots offensive coordinator
Kellen Moore, Cowboys offensive coordinator
John DeFilippo, Jaguars offensive coordinator
Kevin Stefanski, Vikings offensive coordinator
Todd Monken, Browns offensive coordinator

The only two out of that lot I'd like to see as head coach is Josh McDaniels and Lincoln Riley. The others are a not a step forward in my opinion.

If Washington did so happen to get the number 1 pick in the 2020 draft would they draft Tua Tagovailoa and trade Haskins, much the same way as the Cardinals did this year with Rosen? Interesting to note that Tagovailoa is from Alabama and we all know how Redskins management likes Crimson Red players

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 8th 2019 »

Matt77 Posted: 04:48 Oct08 2019 Post ID: 3448780
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Lincoln Riley is a name that has been floating around for a couple of seasons now. In my opinion the first step for a team to turn their form around and become a powerhouse, is to get a new coach (preferably untried). I analysed Miami and Washington sometime last year I think, and I remember that Washington's only hurdle was Jay Gruden still being in charge. Riley has been a good coach at college level. He would be a good choice, if Washington are willing to go with an assistant for the rest of the season.

Even though I think Haskins will be a bust, Washington need to give him more than 1 season to prove himself. They've made the right decision to pull Haskins out of the starting job, so he can adjust his game before he eventually put back into the starting job. Remember how bad Jared Goff looked in year 1? He was 0-7 as a starter and was terrible in every facet of his game. Now he's an above average QB who has been to the Pro Bowl, and is known for high passing yards.

I think Arizona made a mistake getting rid of Rosen. He played in a horrible team with a horrible offensive line. Even now he's in a tanking team, but is putting up respectable numbers. Imagine if Washington get rid of Haskins, and he ends up being a superstar.

Besides, at the moment Cincinnati look like the favourites to earn the #1 pick and Tua.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 8th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:05 Oct08 2019 Post ID: 3448782
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: I must keep my records the same in both. I'm a perfectionist. XD

I've been hearing that the top two candidates, at least at this point, are Mike Tomlin and Todd Bowles. Of course, Lincoln Riley's name will be thrown into the mix, but the conspiracy is that he'll be the Cowboys next head coach after they don't win it all this year.

Matt (again): You've got some testicular fortitude if you're picking Miami this week. ;)
Matt77 Posted: 08:22 Oct08 2019 Post ID: 3448783
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It's dumb I know, but I feel that Josh Rosen has reinvigorated the team. We should have lead 13-10 at HT @ Dallas, and if we hadn't missed 2FGs, we would've been trailing 16-17 at HT vs LA Chargers. We have played 4 teams that will be in playoffs contention, so Washington are a step down in class.

Todd Bowles didn't make it with NY Jets, and Mike Tomlin is a whinger. Imo Washington need to stay well clear of both.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:45 Oct08 2019 Post ID: 3448784
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I agree. Washington would be better without either. lol
Sanzano Posted: 10:02 Oct08 2019 Post ID: 3448785
Sanzano
+
I'm locked in with Miami, no team wants to be the undisputed worst team in the NFL and that will be the title for whoever loses this game. Miami's pride and being at home will win it unless they really are as bad as everyone says.

Todd Bowles, I remember him, he played for Washington during the 90's, defensive secondary if I remember correctly.

Get Joe Gibbs out of retirment, the Redskins need him.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:13 Oct08 2019 Post ID: 3448786
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I have to think about the Miami/Washington Game more. At the moment, I've only picked the Patriots. I have them winning by 100. jk XD
Matt77 Posted: 11:48 Oct08 2019 Post ID: 3448787
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Lol, you should do it :p

I went New England by 21, but in reality I think they will win by more. I do a slightly smaller margin than what I think, to factor in the chance of an upset.

You have to decide whether you want to gamble Warrior. If Miami win and you don't tip them, you fall 3 behind Dennis and 1 behind me, but if Washington win, you go ahead of me, and to within 1 of Dennis. Alternatively, you could play it safe and go Miami with us.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 20:05 Oct08 2019 Post ID: 3448789
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I've picked 19 out of the last 20 Dolphin Games correctly. I'll figure it out. lol

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 8th 2019 »
Sanzano Posted: 01:48 Oct09 2019 Post ID: 3448790
Sanzano
+
The only thing you have to figure out in this Dolphins Vs Redskins game is do either of them want to take the chance of finishing the seeason 0-16 and go down in NFL history as one of the worst teams ever. This game is winnable for both teams, you have to go with Miami being the home team, a young quarterback trying to prove he's not one of the biggest draft busts ever, and to avoid an NFL investigation for tanking. The Redskins don't even have a head coach at the moment...

If Miami lose this game I will be amazed as they were half decent last year, they beat the New England Patriots 34-33 at home and came second to them in the AFC East, I know they've lost a couple of good players but they shouldn't have recessed that far in a few months.

A couple of interesting things I read:
Week 16 see's the Bengals Vs Dolphins, by the way both teams are playing the loser gets Tua. Should be interesting.
Jay Gruden did not want to pick Dwayne Haskins, he was forced to by management.

I was thinking, if you get appointed the new head coach of the Redskins and you feel Haskins is a bust wouldn't getting rid of him be one of the first things you would do? Two reasons, number one you would want to stamp your mark on the team and not inherit another coaches problem and number 2 your job is on the line and if your are going to go down you'd want to go down with the guy you selected and not someone elses selection. I think the Redskins will go for Tua if they get the number one pick and trade Haskins for a number 2 or 3. Same scenario as Rosen last year.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 9th 2019 »

Matt77 Posted: 03:49 Oct09 2019 Post ID: 3448791
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It's a fair point. I just feel that it would be such a waste. If Washington don't have to select a QB, they'll get a top 5 pick which they can use to strengthen another area.

Luckily Miami get to play Cincinatti at home as well. Speaking of Cincy, they're 0-5 and travel to Baltimore. Even though Andy Dalton has played ok this season, I feel they need to turn to their rookie QB Ryan Finley to see whether he is any good. Their season is already over, so they should prepare for the future.

Miami have lost or cut the following players: (bold = significant loss)

Tannehill
Osweiler
Fales
Gore
Stills
Amendola
Derby
Tunsil
Sitton
James
Sterup
Young
Larsen
Brendel
Deeney
Wake
Branch
Alsono
Quinn
Hayes
Spence
Anthony
Allen
Armstrong
McTyer
McDonald
Smith

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 9th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 08:43 Oct09 2019 Post ID: 3448792
Sanzano
+
I didn't realise Miami literally got rid of half their team, I just thought it was four or five players. I can see why they got investigated for tanking the season, they've given themselves no chance getting rid of all their decent players. At least Miami has a plan to rebuild which is more than what Washington have.

How times have changed, those two teams contested against each other in two Super Bowls. Zconka ran over the Washington defense in the first meeting and in the second meeting John Riggins repayed the compliment by squashing the Killer Bees, named because nearly everyone on the defense had a surname that began with 'B'.

Matt77 Posted: 09:33 Oct09 2019 Post ID: 3448793
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I looked, and in the Superbowl rematch 10 years after Miami defeated Washington 14-7 in front of over 90,000 spectators, Washington defeated Miami 27-17 in front of 103,667. It is the second largest crowd to watch a Superbowl.

It's a shame that the SuperCheats Derby is only on once every 4 years. By the time the next one happens, we may all have left SC, who knows. I still think it's a shame that matches with opponents from another division only happen every 4 years. It's a long time to wait, especially for old rivals like Kansas City & Pittsburgh, and Dallas & Green Bay, being in different divisions.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 9th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:50 Oct09 2019 Post ID: 3448794
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My picks are in. I get the feeling I will do either really well or absolutely horrible, no middle ground. XD
Displaying Page 174 of 460
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | ... | 458 | 459 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close