Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 175 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 19:23 Oct09 2019 Post ID: 3448797
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
You said:My picks are in. I get the feeling I will do either really well or absolutely horrible, no middle ground. XD

My picks are in. I get the feeling I will do either really well or absolutely horrible, no middle ground. XD

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 9th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 01:41 Oct10 2019 Post ID: 3448799
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
My picks where in Monday morning, apart from the Washington vs Miami game. I'm actually feeling confident this week I'll get about 12 right. There's going to be a couple of upsets, there always is but I look at my selections and feel good about all of them apart from Miami. I was sure yesterday until Matt posted that list of all the players from last year that are no longer there. I'm still taking Rosen and the Dolphins at home to get the job done against a Redskins team in a tailspin. I think this will be the game Rosen will make people sit up and take notice. If he can't get at least three Touchdowns against the Redskins the Dolphins need to get rid of him as Washington's secondary at the moment is awful and they can't pressure the quarterback this season for some reason.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 10th 2019 »

Matt77 Posted: 03:07 Oct10 2019 Post ID: 3448800
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The problem Rosen will have is his WRs dropping catches. He threw a TD pass late in the first half @ Dallas that would've seen Miami lead 13-10 at HT. But the WR dropped it. Rosen has suffered from many other WR drops this season.

Also, Miami's o-line is dreadful. What happened to Montez Sweat? I haven't heard anything about him this season. I expected him to do well. This could be the game for him to have a breakout.

Essentially, I think Washington are the better team, and the favourites to win, but I picked Miami only because of homefield advantage. Also, I think Rosen is a better QB than McCoy Keenum. That's right. Keenum will be starting. McCoy got 1 week to prove himself, against the best defense in the competition.

You'd be surprised how difficult it is to navigate the NFL website. I couldn't find much about injuries, but Terry McLaurin missed last week. Whether he plays or not will be a huge factor.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 10th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 10:36 Oct10 2019 Post ID: 3448804
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Uh... McLaurin actually played and caught three passes last week for fifty yards... ;)

I'm not confident at all. lol

My gut told me to pick the Jaguars. You'll have to wait until Sunday to see if I went with them or not. ;)
Matt77 Posted: 21:35 Oct10 2019 Post ID: 3448807
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Oh. Hence the NFL site being useless with injury news.

I'm amazed that Jacksonville are favourites to beat New Orleans. I know they're at home, but New Orleans have looked as efficient under Bridgewater than they were under Brees. Minshew has looked good, but he took a huge step backwards with 3 lost fumbles in a 7-point loss last week.

EDIT - Last week for Thursday's game I correctly predicted Seattle by 1 point. This week I correctly predicted New England by 21 points Cool

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 10th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:03 Oct11 2019 Post ID: 3448808
Sanzano
+
I bet you'd swap those two correct score predictions for two wins in the competition. It's looking like my mistake clicking Denver instead of Chicago could come back to haunt me by seasons end.

The Patriots look like they were dominant going by the score but after doing some research it appears they have flaws like every other team in the league.

'The most obvious concern is the offense, which provides few reliable weapons for Brady beyond Julian Edelman. The final score is misleading. One Patriots touchdown came off a blocked punt and another came off a fumble return. The running game is still erratic. Subtract a 26-yard run by Sony Michel in garbage time, and the Patriots rushed for just 88 yards. In the second half, because of injuries, the Patriots were limited to one offensive grouping, a situation that Brady said he could not remember ever happening before in his 20 years'. I think the score will be something like 21-17 Dolphins.

At the end of the day you can't argue with a perfect record, nobody has been able to take advantage of any flaws. Looks like they will be appearing in another Super Bowl. How many is that now? I count about 11.

The betting for the Redskins Vs Dolphins game is in favour of the Redskins by 52%. In the last seven meetings where the Redskins have gone to Miami the Dolphins have won five of them. I'm still on the Dolphins, Josh Rosen and Devante Parker to do the damage.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 11th 2019 »

Matt77 Posted: 03:24 Oct11 2019 Post ID: 3448809
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I see you've finally got a new avatar and sig image.

New England have offensive flaws. Brady got strip-sacked for a fumble-6, as well as throwing a terrible INT in the first half. But that NE defense is scary. In their worst offensive outing when they scored 16 points @ Buffalo, you'd think that wouldn't be enough to win an NFL game. But they kept Buffalo to 10 points and got 4INTs.

New England have a 100% chance of making the AFC Championship game, as long as Brady stays healthy. People can try and deny it, and be optimistic that they may slip up, but deep down every NFL fan knows the script.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:11 Oct11 2019 Post ID: 3448810
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Just think if the Rams' kicker and the Pats' new kicker could've made those chip shot field goals (like that should have). I think we both know who would've won the Thursday Point Spreads for the last two weeks. ;) <3

New England is just a little beat up right now on offense. They'll get healthy. Like Matt said, they're going to the AFC Championship no matter what. And when they do, they will have as good as a chance to reach the Super Bowl (especially since the Chiefs' defense is so horrible). And if they do reach the Super Bowl, history says they have a 66% chance of winning it.

Shoot, New England could've won by fifty last night if they wanted to. But they were set on running for most of the game, even if they were trying to force it for most of the night. If they had thrown more like they should have since the Giants are especially weak against the pass, it would've been an even bigger blowout.

I'm just glad to have had an easy Thursday win. None have been thus far. XD
Matt77 Posted: 09:22 Oct11 2019 Post ID: 3448811
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
All hail the terrible kickers Cool

Your point about NE is spot on. They could've gone for the kill. This is why I hate that net points are not a major tiebreaker. In Australian and British sports, percentage/points differential/goal differential is the major tiebreaker, and it works wonderfully. It would mean that if lets say a team is up 49-3 at 3QT, they can keep going to improve their net points, and potentially win a game 70-3. But these days, the backups would be out, and the team would win 49-17. It would also eliminate so many silly tiebreakers, like record against common opponents. It should be:
1. Head to head tiebreaker (between 2 teams)
2. Net points
3. Divisional record
or
1. Net points
2. Head to head tiebreaker (between 3+ teams)
3. Divisional record

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 12:04 Oct13 2019 Post ID: 3448819
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Horrible start for me. I went with the upset pick of Tampa Bay (with no confidence), Winston has thrown 4INTs, and Tampa Bay are trailing 26-37 without the ball and with 2 minutes remaining. Make that 5INTs.

Oh dear. Warrior has tipped Washington, and I am the only one who has tipped Minnesota...

EDIT - Cincinnati have scored off the kickoff to lead 7-0 @ Baltimore...

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 13th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 15:17 Oct13 2019 Post ID: 3448820
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Another weird week. Miami comes back with some Fitzmagic, only to lose because they go for it all in a two point conversion and fail to convert it. And it looked bad. Horrible drop. Bad play call as a whole.

Chiefs lose two in a row, both of which at home.

Nice Minnesota pick, Matt. I thought that game would be close, but I thought the Eagles would have more killer instinct now that they were tied with the Cowboys. Looks like they aren't the same team as they were the past two years. Don't know.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 13th 2019 »
Warrior13 Posted: 18:12 Oct13 2019 Post ID: 3448822
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
...And Dennis will keep his two game lead after the Falcons lose by missing an Extra Point

Really? Come on, man.

Well, Matt, at least we still have eleven weeks to go. lol

Next week is crazy. Look at the games. They'll make your inner grinch scream to high heavens (look up Grinch Yoga on Youtube if you don't know what I mean).

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 13th 2019 »
Matt77 Posted: 19:15 Oct13 2019 Post ID: 3448825
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
My Tampa Bay upset pick fell through, your Washington non-upset pick went well, my Minnesota non-upset pick went very well, and Dennis's Arizona upset pick went well.

Horrible to bench Rosen. I managed to watch one of Miami's possessions through a live stream at 1:30am before it froze, and boy that o-line is horrific. Poor Rosen was running for his life, every time.

Mariota benched as well while trailing 0-13. Tannehill got them in scoring range, before throwing an INT. Tennessee may have to start tanking soon, because I can't see anyone catching Houston.

That Chicago game was a turning point for Kirk Cousins, He has been efficient, yet also aggressive at times ever since. In the past 2 weeks, his stats are:
44/56 (79% completion) for 639 yards (over 10 yards per pass), 6TDs and 1INT for a 138.5 passer rating!

LA Rams and Kansas City have problems. Looks like my pre-season predictions regarding LA Rams to have a slip up were correct, given that Seattle are now 5-1 and LA Rams 3-3. I jut didn't get the San Fransisco part right, given they are 5-0 and leading the division.

Atlanta, wow. That defense is insanely bad. Poor Matt Ryan had a great game, yet they fall short again despite scoring 30+ points again.

And let's all just laugh at the Dallas Cowboys, shall we Bounce Bounce Bounce

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 13th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:48 Oct14 2019 Post ID: 3448826
Sanzano
+
The Tank Bowl, yesterday nights game has been described as one of the worst NFL games in Modern NFL history as Miami successfully continued their plight to get an imperfect season. Disgraceful, Miami should have won that and now be investigated by the NFL for their 'Tank for Tua' season. Miami has a chance to go 3-1 in the next four games, I expect them to win at least one of them otherwise they are flat out cheating and if they are not made an example of other NFL teams will follow suit when they know they have no chance of reaching the playoffs and coming last will get them a potential NFL superstar in the following years draft. I just hope Tua turns out to be another Ryan Leaf to stop teams tanking in future years.

How did the Jets beat Dallas, I didn't see that one coming, nor did I see the Texans beating Kansas. I didn't realise Kansas's defense was so poor. Not sure what is happing with the Rams, didn't expect to see them 3-3 and it appears the 49rs are better than I thought they were.

I'm a beat worried about next weeks games, I've got 11 away teams. I think I'm going to lose my lead... Just not brave enough to take the home teams though as some of them are terrible.

Matt77 Posted: 07:16 Oct14 2019 Post ID: 3448828
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I went 7 home teams and 7 road teams. The odds aren't available yet, but in my opinion I chose 3 upsets. The toughest games for me to pick were:
LA Rams @ Atlanta
Minnesota @ Detroit
Jacksonville @ Cincinnati
Arizona @ NY Giants
LA Chargers @ Tennessee
New Orleans @ Chicago

It's risky business tipping 3 home teams and 11 road teams, and while I can see why, that's far too risky. I would suggest come back to your tips in a few days and then decide if you want to stick to it. You have tipped Green Bay, Buffalo, and Seattle I'm guessing (you don't have to tell us though).

Looks like Dallas are more overrated than I thought. Despite the fact they missed a game-tying 2XP, that is horrific to lose to a 0-4 team. Also looks like Kansas City haven't fixed their defense that they focused so much on fixing in the offseason. Also looks like Jared Goff is still a bust without Gurley playing (he threw for 78 yards). But please, how in God's name were Pittsburgh leading 24-0 @ LA Chargers, while playing a 3rd-string QB??? Do NOT let the final score fool you.

Miami will go 0-4 in their next 4 games. In fact, I think they will go 1-12 in their next 13 games. This is the chance as a % (in my opinion) that Miami have to win each of their next games. And with a random generator, I put in numbers 5, 10, 15 etc up until 100, and for each matchup, it predicted a loss every time. That's the reality of Miami's situation.
@ Buffalo - 10%
@ Pittsburgh - 15%
vs NY Jets - 20%
@ Indy - 10%
vs Buffalo - 15%
@ Cleveland - 5%
vs Philly - 5%
@ NY Jets - 15%
@ NY Giants - 25%
vs Cincy - 35%
@ New England - 1%

The talk amongst Miami fans is that RB Kenyan Drake is himself tanking. He dropped the screen pass on the 2XP attempt, and he has fumbled several times this season inside the red zone. The talk in the media is that he could be trade bait if Miami want another draft pick.

The 2XP play was baffling. Fitzpatrick threw it to Drake so quickly. In that circumstance, if Miami wanted to win, they would've gone to overtime. Fitzpatrick had just lead Miami to score 2TDs, while Washington had scored 0 fourth quarter points. Also, as the home team, you're always slightly favoured in OT.

I watched a bit of vision of Tua's from his most recent college game. He has obvious talent that I've never seen before, but he made some bad decisions. One was that he didn't see a safety coming along, and he threw the ball straight to him. The other was a wild overthrow in the end zone. I've heard from a lot of people questioning how good Tua actually is, given that he plays in an extremely talented team with an elite o-line.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:38 Oct14 2019 Post ID: 3448830
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm like Dennis at this point. Don't trust the home teams. Plus, home field advantage hasn't existed this year. Might have to review.

I told y'all. Look up Grinch Yoga on Youtube. That's how I feel about the games this week.

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE JUST ONE WEEK OF EASY PICKS WHERE EVERYONE THAT SHOULD WIN DOES SO?!?!
Matt77 Posted: 22:06 Oct14 2019 Post ID: 3448833
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
You said:CAN WE PLEASE HAVE JUST ONE WEEK OF EASY PICKS WHERE EVERYONE THAT SHOULD WIN DOES SO?!?!

Detroit are currently leading 22-20 @ Green Bay with 6 minutes left.

EDIT - Green Bay win 23-22 after taking 7 minutes off the clock with the final drive of the game. Too many FGs from Detroit. They have a habit of not finding the end zone in primetime games.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Oct 14th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:45 Oct15 2019 Post ID: 3448835
Sanzano
+
I see Darnold is back for the Jets which would explain that win against Dallas who Matt rightly pointed out just looked good against terrible teams. Washington are strangely enough now only two games behind the division leader so their season is not yet over over as the team rallies around Callahan. Has a team that has started 0-5 ever reached the playoffs? I can't recall it in the 40 years I've been following the NFL. Unlikely to happen but what a great story it would make.

Green Bay are a team that are going to be tough to beat, looks like they've acquired that 'it's not over until it's over' confidence and totally believe in Rogers.

As for my selections, the percentages have just been added to next weeks game and apart from two they all agree with me. The thee games I'm struggling with are Giants Vs Cardinls, Detroit Vs Minnesota, and Titans Vs Chargers. Not totally convinced with my New Orleans Vs Bears pick either. The away teams being away is making me think...

Matt77 Posted: 04:25 Oct15 2019 Post ID: 3448836
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
According to the percentages, I have tipped 2 upsets, along with the MIN @ DET game being 50% each. I struggled choosing in all the 4 games you listed. And I'm not sure if it was a typo or whether you already know, but Chicago are at home against New Orleans. I know you've made a mistake with a Chicago game before by not knowing who the home team was.

I don't think a team has started 0-5 in the NFL era and made playoffs. But San Diego did in 1992 when they began 0-4, and LA Chargers started 0-4 a few years ago before missing out on a tiebreaker.

Also, remember back in 2016/17, Miami started 1-4 with their sole win being a home overtime victory against Cleveland (went 1-15 that season) after CLE missed a game-winning FG. Miami then went 9-2 and finished with a 10-6 record, making playoffs in dramatic circumstances. There were several moments in games where our season could've ended. It was such an amazing moment to be a supporter.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 09:05 Oct15 2019 Post ID: 3448837
Sanzano
+
Yes, the Bears are at home, that's what makes the game tricky. If it was at the Saints, I'd take New Orleans all day long but at Chicago against that tough defense, not too sure. Kirk Cousins has made the Detroit game tough for me, he got a 138 passer rating against the Giants last week so he will be confident. Problem is we're talking about Kirk Cousins here who chokes late on in away games when they are close. I just have a sneaky suspicion Detroit could pull off the upset in this one, I'll have to study it a bit more I think.

Displaying Page 175 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 173 | 174 | 175 | 176 | 177 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close