Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 184 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 06:08 Nov18 2019 Post ID: 3449119
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I would think once he's healthy, a team will pick him up, considering he will cost nothing. By the sounds if it, his condition was close to being life-threatening, but was caught in time for there to be no major issues. Besides, Washington are known for making terrible off-field decisions. Back a few years ago they could've got pick 2 from San Francisco, but instead franchise-tagged Cousins and then lost him for nothing the next off-season. Now they could've got pick 32 for Williams.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 07:26 Nov18 2019 Post ID: 3449120
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
It's really frustrating supporting a team that doesn't help itself and then seeing other teams around the league making correct desicions and suddenly flourishing.

I haven't totally given up on Haskins, the kid has a great arm, he reminds me of Elway the way he can zip that ball, unfortunately he doesn't move around the pocket like Elway, he just doesn't seem to be aware of who is around him. Even if he is not great at throwing the ball on the run he could at least watch how Dan Marion used to avoid the rush by stepping backwards, sideways or forwards a couple of steps. Marino couldn't even run a 6 second 40 yard dash but he ws one of the most elusive quarterbacks ever.

The Redskin were at the Colin Kaepernick circus last week which is very worrying...

I'm beginning to lean towards the Redskins picking up Chase Young, apparently him and Tua are head and shoulders talent wise above everybody else in the draft. Apparently Young is a better defensive end than Miles Garrett and J.J. Watt.

Matt77 Posted: 10:08 Nov18 2019 Post ID: 3449121
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Haskins is a classic pocket passer. Get him on the move and he will fail, but leave him time in the pocket and he will find targets. That's why Washington MUST draft or trade for o-line players in the off-season. They must build the team around him. That will be his only chance to succeed, otherwise we have Rosen MkII.

I looked at Kaepernick's stats, and they are very good. He took San Francisco to the Superbowl (they lost 31-34) and then again to the NFC Championship game, where they lost to the SB winners Seattle 17-23, after leading 17-10. He's passed for 72TDs and 30INTs, including figures of 16TDs and 4INTs in his last season; when SF finished 2-14. He absolutely should be given an opportunity to sign for a team. But it should be as a backup. He's too old for a rebuilding team to sign him as a starter. His only chance would be for a team like Chicago to sign him and go all-in at trying to win a SB.

This is the current draft standings:

The website also provides a mock draft, which they update each week. For the first 3 founds, it has our teams picking:

Washington:
2: Chase Young - EDGE
[Washington have no 2nd round pick]
66: Alaric Jackson - OT

Miami:
4: Tua Tagovailoa - QB
16: Henry Ruggs III - WR
25: Raekwon Davis - DT/DE
35: Jonathon Taylor - RB
61: Calvin Throckmorton - OT
68: Cameron Dantzler - CB

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 20:36 Nov18 2019 Post ID: 3449122
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Have a few gut feelings about next week. Matt might just seal 1st Place if it backfires.
Matt77 Posted: 21:46 Nov18 2019 Post ID: 3449123
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Now's probably the time to be bold. We've had a few weeks of few upsets. There are bound to be some on the way.

Damn Carolina. Why did you have to lose, at home, to a team whose season is over?

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:48 Nov19 2019 Post ID: 3449124
Sanzano
+
I'd be happy if the Redskins drafted Chase Young, what happens to Montell Sweat? Mind you Ryan Kerrigan is getting old so I wouldn't be surprised if Washington use him as draft bait to make room for Sweat.

Not sure what has happened in Atlanta, all of a sudden they are winning games.

The competition is pretty much over, Matt has won it with that unbelieveable comeback from five down a couple of weeks back. Matt's too wired in to what's happening around the NFL to drop the games needed for either myself or Warrior13 to overtake him. There's just not enough weeks left in the season and the games are pretty much formalities from down the stretch with the teams you expect to win doing the business.

Matt77 Posted: 04:13 Nov19 2019 Post ID: 3449125
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The website's average score is 93.6. Even though you're last in our competition, you are beating the website average by over 7 games. You've just been unlucky and ended up in a group of good tippers.

It's not a foregone conclusion Dennis. My comeback was good, but not as good as you say lol. I was 3 games behind, not 5. But what my comeback tells me is that anyone can get a hot streak with luck and some successful upset picks. There are 6 games to go; roughly 96 games left to tip. It's very easy for one of you to have a good run. You have 96 opportunities to close the gap, and only need 5 and 7 games respectively.

Also remember Dennis, there's at least 3 scenarios I can remember where you tipped the wrong team. Had you not done so, you'd be on 104, in 2nd place, and just 4 behind me. You've got the ability, and if you take care with your picks, you'll keep within striking distance.

Put it this way. If you were in my position and Warrior was within 5 games of catching you, you would be worried too. And remember, you don't have to beat me in the regular season. If you or Warrior tie with me, or you and Warrior tie 2nd place, we continue into the playoffs, where historically you are the best tipper out of all of us.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:11 Nov19 2019 Post ID: 3449127
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Why couldn't the Bears make a 40 yarder a few weeks ago to defeat the Chargers at the end of regulation? lol

Dennis: Chase Young or AJ Epenesa would probably be the best route for Washington if they are set on keeping Haskins. Sweat + Young/Epenesa + Allen + Payne could give y'all the next San Francisco D-Line. If you're going to draft another QB, go for Herbert. Otherwise, trade down.
Sanzano Posted: 10:06 Nov19 2019 Post ID: 3449128
Sanzano
+
Warrior13, I think it will be Chase Young the Redskins go after, they'll keep Haskins for another year at least and if the team have another poor season there will be a couple of top college quarterbacks available in the 2021 draft. As for the team itself, having great individual players is no good if there is no chemistry, this is Cleveland's problem and why the 49rs and Patriots so good.

Matt77 Posted: 10:21 Nov19 2019 Post ID: 3449129
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Haha Warrior I know, I know. At least my Carolina game was never close.

Warrior, I remember last year you mentioned AJ Epenesa as a draft bolter, and now here we are, with him being a projected top-15 pick (at worst). Nice scouting Cool

Dennis, your point about team chemistry is a good one. But Washington can afford a few outright superstars if they get their hands on them. Remember all the Alabama players? That is huge for team chemistry. I can already foresee journalists writing articles in a few years time about the masterstroke of the Washington recruiters. Quite simply, Washington need A-Grade talent in order to take the next step.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 13:49 Nov19 2019 Post ID: 3449130
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis: Young is a freak. Epenesa is also a freak. You could probably even trade down, nab a few picks, and still get Epenesa in the Top 10. Just a thought since y'all have a lot of holes (like Miami). You draft well last year, so hopefully you can again and start to build something nice. Would love to see the Redskins and Giants each get a resurgence; don't care for the Cowboys or Eagles.

Matt: I've seen a lot of his games. He easily stands out. Man among boys right now. He's literally strong enough to push a tackle into the QB whenever he wants to.
Sanzano Posted: 01:49 Nov20 2019 Post ID: 3449131
Sanzano
+
Warrior13, if the Redskins draft Chase Young and he turns out to be another Reggie White I will be well happy. I'm with you about the Eagles and Cowboys, never liked either team.

Jon Grudden is starting to make things happen with the Raiders, Jacobs is looking like the NFL rookie of the year.

Lamar Jackson looks like a contender for NFL player of the year. Funny, I remember a couple of years ago nobody really wanted him and he went 32nd in the 2018 draft. Thankfully Belichick made a rare mistake, the Patriots had the 31st pick in the draft and chose Sony Michel. If the the Patriots had of taken Jackson their dynasty would be continuing. Jackson was actually a Heisman Trophy winner so we shouldn't be too surprised he is doing great things now.

Matt77 Posted: 07:23 Nov20 2019 Post ID: 3449132
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The worry with Jackson, and it still is a worry, is whether he can stay in the league long-term. Given his frame and his running game, he could have some injuries in his career. However, the other worry with him coming out of college was his accuracy, and he's above 65% this season. I remember I actually caught the last few selections of that draft on TV, and on stage after being selected, Jackson seemed so shy and nervous. I wondered if he would do well in a team environment. But he's fit in easily, and looks in complete control of his offense.

Dennis, I'm sorry to bring this up again, but I have to mention Cousins. It seems he has turned the corner, and even against good teams. Since an awful performance against Chicago, in which the team scored 0TDs and he came out and took responsibility, his stats have been:
289 yards per game, 9.4 yards per play, 18TDs, 1INT, 1 lost fumble, 124.2 passer rating

In the 0-20 --> 27-23 comeback win, Cousins was instrumental:
- While 0-20 down, facing 4th and 1 @ MIN 45, Cousins successfully rushed for the 1 yard
- The next play, he passed deep for 44 yards
- While 7-23 down, facing 3rd and 14 @ MIN 32, Cousins passed deep for 20 yards
- Facing 3rd and 5 @ DEN 27, Cousins made the 7-yard pass
- While trailing 13-23, facing 3rd and 2 @ MIN 46, Cousins threw a 54-yard TD
- While trailing 20-23, facing 3rd and 5 @ DEN 41, Cousins made the 9-yard pass

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:46 Nov20 2019 Post ID: 3449134
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Went with my gut this week. Congrats in advance to Matt for winning for the year after it blows up in my face. lol
Matt77 Posted: 20:56 Nov20 2019 Post ID: 3449135
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I'm very worried, because I found this week's tips tough, which means your upset picks could easily pay off. I haven't won this competition yet. I'm betting your upsets were Indy, Washington, NY Jets, NY Giants, Denver, Green Bay, & Seattle. Think about this. 2 of those 7 were my upset picks, which means if the other 5 upsets do end up happening, you will be tied with me in 1st place.

Think of it like an NFL game. 1 game ahead means a FG, 2 means a TD, 3 means TD + FG etc. I'm 5 games ahead, which would be like a 31-14 lead approaching 3QT. It will be tough to stop my scoring, but if my luck stalls, you can catch up with just 3 scores; potentially going ahead with 3TDs.

I went with 8 home teams and 6 road teams, and also tipped 2 'upsets' (I don't consider them upset picks though).

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 20th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 20:58 Nov20 2019 Post ID: 3449136
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Maybe... lol
Matt77 Posted: 21:02 Nov20 2019 Post ID: 3449137
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Wait, did I actually predict it correctly?!

Also it seems you posted while I was editing, so you may've missed my 'quality' NFL analogy. Enjoy ViolinViolinViolin

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:45 Nov21 2019 Post ID: 3449139
Sanzano
+
Just what I wanted to hear, Brandon Scherff the Redskins 1st round 2015 pick and 2 time pro bowler who many consider one of the best guards in the NFL is going to be a free agent in 2020 and talking about leaving. He's the best player Washington have at the moment, can't afford to lose him. Makes me laugh how all the decent player find other teams when their current one loses every week.

I didn't realise Daron Payne has been injured and not been playing, that's another top player along with Ruben Foster who is injured on defense. The Redskins get those two back plus add Chase Long in the draft and all of a sudden along with Matt Ioannidis, Jonathan Allen, and Ryan Kerrigan it looks like a decent defense. It's the secondary that's the problem.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Nov 21st 2019 »

Matt77 Posted: 09:16 Nov21 2019 Post ID: 3449142
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Washington need to fire their entire medical staff. Year upon year Washington have dozens of injuries, and there's usually at least 5 key players who miss lots of game time. I didn't even realise Washington had so many injuries once again. The reality is Dennis, next season Washington will have more and more injuries.

Any free agents will leave Washington. So if a free agent has openly talked about the possibility of leaving, they may as well start the preparations for his goodbye party. Washington desperately need draft picks to rebuild almost every position on the roster, but with only 2 picks in the first 3 rounds, and no players to use as draft bait, it's a long road.

Matt Stafford is likely to miss a 3rd-straight game @ Washington. It's tempted me to change my tip to Washington. The Detroit defense is a disgrace, so hopefully Haskins can have a good game and the running game can get going.

I also read a few days ago, that unbelievably LA Chargers have played in 9 one-score games this season. Their record: 2-7. In games which are not one-score games: 2-0.
30-24 (OT) win vs Indy (Indy missed 2FGs & 1XP)
10-13 loss @ Detroit
20-27 loss vs Houston
13-20 loss vs Denver
17-24 loss vs Pittsburgh
20-23 loss @ Tennessee
17-16 win @ Chicago (Chicago missed a 41-yard game-winner)
24-26 loss @ Oakland
17-24 win in Mexico vs Kansas City
What the hell is wrong with this team? Are they cursed, or just plain awful? With better injury luck, less Rivers INTs, and better decision-making late in games, LA Chargers could've been 11-0 right now.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 11:15 Nov21 2019 Post ID: 3449143
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Stafford could be out for up to four more games, actually. I read a medical report last week on him, and some doctor said it's about a six week injury. Lions season has been over. They really need to think about drafting a QB and moving on from Stafford. I thought they should during the offseason, but they didn't.
Displaying Page 184 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close