Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 191 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 01:34 Dec19 2019 Post ID: 3449349
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
If Lamar Jackson stays healthy in the playoffs the Ravens are making the Super Bowl, the guy is unstoppable. They've already beaten the Patriots 37-20, although Jackson's stats were not spectacular in that game his presence was enough to totally confuse Belichick and the Patriots. The only team I can see stopping them is maybe the Chiefs if Mahommes plays well who managed the feat earlier in the season 33-28.

Brady is gone in the offseason, there's talk of the Chargers doing a straight swap with the Patriots for Philip Rivers who according to the Chargers has become a liability in Los Angeles. The other two names being constantly mentioned that could be starting in New England next year are Cam Newton and Derek Carr.

Sorry Matt, I didn't realise the stats you posted for Brees were the ones for the Indianapolis game this week, I'm a bit behind, I only got round to watching the highlights for the game on Monday evening. Scary stats, why is it nobody gives Drew Brees any respect when it comes to talking about great quarterbacks? People seem to hold the fact that he is short and doesn't look like what a quarterback should look like against him. His numbers don't lie... I wish he played for the Redskins.

'Drew Brees went 29/30 at 96.7% accuracy, along with 4TDs, taking him ahead of Peyton Manning.'

« Last edited by Sanzano on Dec 19th 2019 »

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 03:05 Dec19 2019 Post ID: 3449350
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
No team is defeating the Pats twice in one year. Period.

The only way Brady is not a Patriot next year is if he retires. No trades. No changing teams in free agency. He is a lifer despite all the fake rumors. Period.
Sanzano Posted: 07:32 Dec19 2019 Post ID: 3449351
Sanzano
+
I beg to differ Warrior13, Belichick is ruthless, he'll get his own way with the front office this time. There won't be another Garoppolo fiasco. No way is Belichick at the Patriots with Brady playing as poorly as he is, this time next year his skills will have eroded even more. I can see Belichick demanding either trading up a few places to get a top rookie quarterback or getting Cam Newton.

The New England mystique has gone, teams know they can be beat and how to do it. Jump on them early and get a two score lead. The Patriots don't have a verticle threat to put points on the board quickly and they are hindered by an aging quarterback who is playing well below his best.

never thought in a million years San Francisco would get rid of Joe Montana, but they did. The NFL is a business and the franchises first priority is to win at all costs.

It will be interesting to see who is right. Brady and Belichick start the season next year for the Patriots you win. If they trade Brady away, he retires, or Belichick walks away or retires I win.

What do you think Matt?

Matt77 Posted: 10:16 Dec19 2019 Post ID: 3449353
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I think you are both correct.

Warrior believed Brady will stay a Patriot for years to come, and that the dynasty continues. He has seen this storyline of 'New England's dynasty is over' and 'Brady is washed' etc for years and years. He is going off past history and using that past evidence to prove his point.

Dennis, you believe Brady is declining, and will soon be even worse, and that Belichick will have had enough and say to Brady "sorry mate, your time is up". You are also going off past evidence, of Joe Montana being shipped off after being arguably the GOAT. You are also going off current evidence; Brady's stats and New England's record when falling behind by big scores in games.

I tend to lean towards Warrior's viewpoint. I know I mentioned that Brady is declining, but I can see him being revitalised for the playoffs. He will also get a week off, unless Buffalo defeat them in a few days time. Belichick-Brady is a legacy and a dynasty, and as much as I hate it, it needs to be shown respect. I can see them both retiring in a few years.

However Dennis, your last post swayed me almost back to the middle. Your line "Belichick is ruthless" got me. It will be a very interesting offseason.

This is supposed to be a gif, but wont play as one. It's hilarious.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Matt77 Posted: 10:17 Dec19 2019 Post ID: 3449354
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Look what I found Warrior!!!

Karma got you!!!

ViolinViolinViolin

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 10:23 Dec19 2019 Post ID: 3449355
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Brady isn't really playing poorly. The Pats O-Line is seriously banged-up, and the whole offense is sputtering because of it (as well as because a lack of Receiving Talent).

Also, no one wants Cam Newton or Phillip Rivers, so I'm not sure why those two names are keep being brought up in this discussion. Rivers, at this point, isn't as good as Brady, and Cam is so injured that some believe he might never be back.

Plus, Brady can't be traded because his contract expires at the end of the year. If Brady isn't on the Pats next year, it's either because he left and went somewhere else or he retires. There are no other options since his contract is up and the trade deadline has passed.

I don't mind your little let see who's right in the end, but why would you win if Brady retires when I said the only way Brady isn't on the Pats next year is if he does retire? lol

If Brady is on the Pats or Retires, then I win. If Brady chooses to sign somewhere else, then you win. Not sure how Belichick got thrown in the mix, so I'm excluding his status as a whole. lol

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Dec 19th 2019 »
Warrior13 Posted: 10:26 Dec19 2019 Post ID: 3449356
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Stop posting at the same time as me, Matt. jk XD

Good thing that was from last year and I did end up winning. XD XD XD
Matt77 Posted: 10:38 Dec19 2019 Post ID: 3449357
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Karma does not strike initially Warrior. It waited for you Cool

Warrior, I'd say about half the league have banged up o-lines. Brady has benefited for years and years from having an above average o-line. If he can't perform well without one, it just makes him an old Dwayne Haskins.

I'll give you this Warrior. Tampa Bay are in a situation where they have a QB on his last year of his rookie deal, posting the best passing yards, but with 30TDs and 24INTs. Winston is to inconsistent at times. Tampa bay have 2 elite WRs (yes, elite) and an improving defense. They also have Bruce Arians. Imagine if they took Brady on a 2-year deal in the hope to win a SB? They could draft or trade to improve o-line, RB, and defense. Then you'd have a contender. If the gamble doesn't pay off, then Brady retires after 1 or 2 years, and Tampa Bay draft a rookie QB.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 11:18 Dec19 2019 Post ID: 3449358
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It is an image thing. Brady not going anywhere else. It is the Pats or retire. You will see.

He definitely would not go to the Bucs. XD

I only believe in instant karma. :P
Sanzano Posted: 01:47 Dec20 2019 Post ID: 3449359
Sanzano
+
Warrior13, if Brady retires we call it a draw. I agree with you in respect that I personally feel he will never play for another team. He's too old to learn a new system for starters and gel with a new team which he would realistically only be at for one or two years. It would be Brett Favre all over again. And like you say it's an image thing, it would tarnish the Patriots legacy if he got shipped out, Patriots fans would be upset. When Montana got shipped to Kansas City and the the 49rs played the Chiefs there was a large fraternity of San Francisco fans on game day who were rooting for Kansas because of Montana, Patriots management would not want to see a repeat of that, it was embarrassing watching the TV interviews with those fans. I see this season playing out like this for Brady:

I think the NFC Championship game will be at Foxboro between the Patriots and Ravens and Baltimore wins it. New Engalnd's lack of replacing quality playmakers at the skill positions catches up to them. Shortly after the loss a dejected Brady announces his retirement realising with the likes of Jackson and Mahommes hitting their peak he has very little chance of adding to his Super Bowl ring collection.

Current odds for winning the Super Bowl:

Baltimore Ravens +220
New Orleans Saints +550
New England Patriots +650
San Francisco 49ers +700
Kansas City Chiefs +750
Seattle Seahawks +900

Why is it I get a sneaky feeling the Saints could win it all? I've seen their last two games and have been impressed. Brees and Michael Thomas are a handful and they are complimented with decent running backs. I feel that the Baltimore offense is too geared up around the quarterback. The big occassion may be too much pressure on Jackson but Brees has been there before. This could be Montana against Marino all over again. All the talk before Super Bowl XIX was how are the 49rs going to stop Marino. Should have been how are the killer B's going to stop Montana who used his experience to rip Miami apart 38-16.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Dec 20th 2019 »

Matt77 Posted: 06:01 Dec20 2019 Post ID: 3449360
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Unless Baltimore lose their next 2 games against Cleveland and Pittsburgh, they will have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. New England cannot host Baltimore in the playoffs.

New Orleans should go all the way to the SB game. They've slowly got better and better each year, despite heartbreaking losses in the playoffs. They made the divisional round and came back from 0-17 down against Minnesota to lead 24-23 with barely any time left. Then the New Orleans CB decided to tackle fresh air, allowing Minnesota to stroll into the end zone. The next year they made the NFC Championship game against LA Rams, and lost due to a missed penalty by the refs. Had it been called, New Orleans would've milked the clock and kicked the game-winning FG.

I did my tips, and I tipped 8 home teams and 8 road teams, with 1 upset pick according to the website. I found this week very easy to tip actually. It's crucial that I allow myself at least a 2-game lead going into Week 17.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 08:04 Dec20 2019 Post ID: 3449361
Sanzano
+
We've probably got the same teams Matt. I also have 8 home and 8 away teams. Looks like I can't catch you now, no way are you dropping three games in the final week. I'd literally have to get every game correct to get the bonus point. In two years none of us have within two games of the bonus point.

Warrior13 Posted: 14:02 Dec20 2019 Post ID: 3449362
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Didn't Matt and I both go 13-1 at different times earlier in the year?
Matt77 Posted: 19:42 Dec20 2019 Post ID: 3449364
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Indeed. However my good week was where there was 1 less game being played I think. I can't check your tipping stats because the website kicked you out that one time.

Dennis I'm sure you have tipped differently. Your mindset is to tip more aggressively in order to catch me, whereas my mindset is to tip conservatively so that I don't throw away my lead through reckless decisions. There were a few 55/45 games in terms of the betting odds.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 02:59 Dec21 2019 Post ID: 3449365
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I did the exact thing last year. Would be doing the same now if I could. lol
Matt77 Posted: 08:21 Dec21 2019 Post ID: 3449366
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It's karma I tell you!

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:30 Dec21 2019 Post ID: 3449367
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Nope. Just luck falling more to you than us. jk XD

This week should be interesting...
Warrior13 Posted: 20:53 Dec21 2019 Post ID: 3449368
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
These three games... Were/are predictable...

Not sure why the Rams are fighting... They would need to win out, plus have the Vikings lose out, plus have additional help to have a shot. These teams need to know when to throw in the towel and simply play to get a better draft choice.
Matt77 Posted: 22:09 Dec21 2019 Post ID: 3449369
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
San Francisco have no defense against good teams. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Dallas will beat San Francisco on wildcard weekend...

EDIT - And Jalen Ramsey gets burned on 3rd and 16, allowing San Francisco to pass for 46 yards. And there is the game-winning FG.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Dec 22nd 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:16 Dec22 2019 Post ID: 3449370
Sanzano
+
Matt, had to change a couple of my tips this morning, no point me having the same as you at this point. On Monday morning I'm either going to be even or five down and looking at third place.

I'm offline now until Friday so I hope you fellas have a lovely Christmas.

Displaying Page 191 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close