Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

NFL - Kansas City defeat San Francisco 31-20!

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 195 of 200
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 10:10 Jan08 2020 Post ID: 3449468
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 271
+
Dennis, boy are you harsh on Cousins. Minnesota were 10-point underdogs against New Orleans, away from home. Does he need to win MVP and Superbowl MVP to make you change your mind? Whistle

The coaching moves were interesting. I think Dallas are big winners. I would've said the same about Carolina, but they signed their rookie coach to a 7-year, $62 million contract. Suicidal stuff. NY Giants are hoping for the NE effect.

I still think Tua is the best QB in the draft. When healthy, he is better than Burrow. It's just that he's had a good season, combined with Tua's season ending. Miami need to figure out whether they can stop all these injuries. Carson Wentz is a talented player and did a very good job this season under difficult circumstances, but he didn't last 1 quarter in his first ever playoff game. If Miami think they can fix Tua, they should draft him and have Fitz as the bridge QB, but if they can't, they need to trade down and build solid foundations.

Joe Burrow will be a Bengal. That is guaranteed. As is the fact Chase Young will be a Redskin. Cincy pick the best (and least risky) QB in the draft, then Washington pick the best player in the draft.

Prediction time:

San Francisco by 10
The week off, and facing a Vikings team which played 5 quarters the week before, is a big advantage. So is homefield advantage. Essentially this is as one-sided as MIN @ NO, but look what happened there. I'm taking the San Francisco defense to stop Dalvin Cook and put pressure on Cousins. 31-21.

Baltimore
Similar to my reasoning with the above game. But both teams in this matchup are in good form. It'll be interesting of playoff blues get to Baltimore. They clearly got to Tannehill last week in his playoff debut. Baltimore have to lose eventually, but I think they'll get a narrow-ish victory. 35-27.

Kansas City
Very one-sided. Houston should've been eliminated at home last week. Getting yourself into a 0-16 hole, at home, versus the overrated Bills, is not the best rehearsal for @ Kansas City. 38-20.

Green Bay
The battle of the overrated teams. Seattle would've lost to either Wentz, Foles, or a half-strength Eagles team (the team was maybe a quarter strength). 17 points isn't going to cut it. As overrated as Green Bay are, homefield advantage and a dynamic offense will overpower Seattle. Also NFC Championship Game revenge. 30-23.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 8th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 01:43 Jan09 2020 Post ID: 3449470
Sanzano
Post Likes: 69
+
I'm not a Cousins fan, he stitched up Washington after they showed faith in him over Griffin III. Cousins left the Redskins up the creek without a paddle, forced them into paying a huge amount of money for a washed up cast off in Alex Smith and take a quarterback in the draft a few years before they needed to who is looking like a bust. It wouldn't have been too bad if Washington had of got a number one pick for Cousins, but they got basically nothing. They even had to trade away Kendall Fuller the current starting corner for Kansas City and a third round draft choice to get Smith which was highly annoying. Then you wonder why I don't like Cousins.

Apparently Joe Burrow was mediocre until LSU changed their coach last season. Yes, I've heard he has a weak arm but the stats he put up last year were incredible. I doubt he'll do much in Cincinnati though apart from being sacked. If Burrow went to New England I'd be concerned, they'd basically have a young Brady in place and the dynasty would continue.

Just heard that Bill Bellichick is considering leaving the Patriots. That guy is no fool, he knows what he had in New England has ended. Apparently the Giants want to 'bring him home'.

Matt77 Posted: 09:08 Jan10 2020 Post ID: 3449474
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I've read rumours that Kendal Fuller may be cut by Kansas City, and is underperforming. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not 100% sure. That part of the trade was no loss for Washington in the end. You've got to wonder whether Cousins didn't like the Washington Redskins organisation. Especially the much-hated Bruce Allen. They kept franchise tagging him instead of giving him his payday. That is NOT showing faith. Cousins put up decent numbers at Washington, despite having 0 running game beside him. I wonder whether Dalvin Cook being productive and mostly healthy has taken some of the pressure off Cousins, and allowed him to not have to force the issue?

The draft pick was Washington's fault (Bruce Allen?). San Francisco were offering the #2 pick to Washington, but they decided to franchise tag Cousins yet again.

Cousins is an above average QB who is above average to elite in standard games, and average in night/playoff/opposition with winning record games. He's a 7.5/10 QB. What we can expect from him is to get Minnesota regularly into playoffs, occasionally winning a playoff game or 2. But no more than that. In this day and age 7.5/10 QBs are becoming hard to come by. How many QBs out of Winston, Mariota, Goff, Wentz, Prescott, Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson, Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Jackson, Murray, Jones, Haskins, and Lock will end up having a better career? I only can pick two who are definitely going to be better in the long term.

Belichick can't go back to NY Giants, since they hired a new coach. It's New England or nothing. Personally I hope nothing. It's been an unbelievable effort by that franchise, and I honestly believe there has been no cheating involved, but I'm sick of the dynasty.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 16:27 Jan11 2020 Post ID: 3449476
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,025
+
Again, I went with who I wanted to win this round. lol
Warrior13 Posted: 17:38 Jan11 2020 Post ID: 3449477
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Well, the Niners got this now. Looks like the Packers/Seahawks will have the hard path to the Super Bowl.
Matt77 Posted: 01:39 Jan12 2020 Post ID: 3449478
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
SuperCheats NFL Playoffs Tipping Leaderboard:

#1: TheChosenOne - 4 (14)
#2: Sanzano - 3 (20)
#3: Jimo Dashen - 2 (21)

My analysis in my predictions was pretty spot on, apart from the second result.

San Francisco stopped Cook (18 yards off 9 carries), and put constant pressure on Cousins, who put in an unspectacular performance. Not that bad, but not good enough to get close to winning.

Baltimore. Oh my. I wondered whether playoff blues would get to Baltimore, and whether the fact they hadn't lost for over 3 months would come back to hurt them, and boy oh boy it did. That was shocking. As well as Tennessee played, that's unacceptable from the #1 seed playing at home. Lamar Jackson is now 0-2 in playoff games.

Tannessee are going to the AFC Championship game. Insane. Tannegoat is 1 win away from a return to Miami Cool

And I did well with my margin prediction this week, meaning I now move ahead in both games AND margin Cool The clean sweep is on Cool

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 12th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:07 Jan12 2020 Post ID: 3449479
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Knew Baltimore wouldn't make it all the way. Just happened a round earlier and to a different opponent than I expected. I'm counting that as a win.

Definitely rooting for the Chiefs now. lol

Poor Dennis' Super Bowl Prediction of Ravens/Saints is already done, and we're only halfway through the playoffs. My Chiefs/49ers is still possible. Matt, what was yours again? And don't try to say Tannessee. XD

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jan 12th 2020 »
Warrior13 Posted: 14:38 Jan12 2020 Post ID: 3449480
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Chiefs in serious trouble early.
Warrior13 Posted: 15:43 Jan12 2020 Post ID: 3449481
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
28 straight points by KC... O.O
Warrior13 Posted: 16:28 Jan12 2020 Post ID: 3449482
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Houston started 24-0. Chiefs now leading 41-24.
Warrior13 Posted: 18:12 Jan12 2020 Post ID: 3449483
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Chiefs are dangerous.
Matt77 Posted: 21:04 Jan12 2020 Post ID: 3449484
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
A quadruple post by you (the first I've ever seen from you) is called for only in drastic circumstances...

Houston we have a problem. How can a team start 24-0, and then proceed to be outscored 7-51 in the remaining 3 quarters, including a period of 0-41? HOW?!?! It's not as bad a choke as some in the past, seeing as KC had 3 quarters to stage a comeback, but still.

Houston began their game against Buffalo trailing 0-16 at HT. In the next 3 quarters + OT, they outscored their opposition 46-3. In the NEXT 3 quarters, they were outscored 7-51. Crazy.

Green Bay won the battle of the overrated teams. A 21-3 HT lead set up the win, before being outscored 7-20 in the next 2 quarters.

SuperCheats NFL Playoffs Tipping Leaderboard:

#1: TheChosenOne - 6 (14)
#2: Sanzano - 4 (20)
#3: Jimo Dashen - 3 (21)

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:12 Jan12 2020 Post ID: 3449485
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Okay. You won again. I would only be a game back though if I had gone with who I thought would win this round. Oh well. lol

Obviously going with my Super Bowl Prediction this week. Chiefs & Niners FTW!
Matt77 Posted: 21:33 Jan12 2020 Post ID: 3449486
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Oh yeah. My prediction was Kansas City vs New Orleans. So one team is still alive.

One would think Kansas City and San Francisco will win fairly comfortably. But KC conceding a 0-24 deficit at home early, is very concerning.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:57 Jan13 2020 Post ID: 3449487
Sanzano
+
Well done on another win Matt, I tried to cut the gap with the Seahawks but it didn't pan out, I chose the wrong upset.... Guess Marshawn Lynch and Beast mode is no more, I think he got a paltry 22 yards.

Pretty straight forward from here on in, everything points to a 49rs vs Chiefs Super Bowl, with the 49rs defence stopping Mahomes.

How can one guy get over 500 yards by himself passing and rushing and still lose the game. I've never seen a stat like that before, you can't blame Jackson for that loss. I saw the highlights to that game Sunday and the Baltimore recievers dropped quite a few easy balls and basically choked.

Derrick Henry is a beast, if Tennessee can stay with Kansas into the final quarter and the Titans start giving the ball to Henry they will be able to do what the Redskins used to do with John Riggins and pound out yardage to eat up the clock and also keep Mahomes of the field. After the slow start against the Texans there's like Matt says a question mark next to the Chiefs win, they won't be able to give up 24 points early against the Texans because of the reason I just gave.

49rs defense looks solid, Mahomes will struggle against it. No way are the 49rs losing to Green Bay, that game's a slaughter, something like 31-13.

I wonder if the trend this season continues and there is an upset next week? I'd laugh if Rogers disects the 49rs defense...

I have given up trying to catch up with Matt, I need to concentrate on giving up second place to Warrior13 so I'll be tipping the 49rs and Kansas. Up to you now Warrior to be brave if you want that second place...

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 13th 2020 »

Warrior13 Posted: 02:54 Jan13 2020 Post ID: 3449488
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Nah. I am going to stick with my original Super Bowl Pick from the start of the Playoffs: Chiefs & Niners. I do not mind third. lol
Sanzano Posted: 08:12 Jan13 2020 Post ID: 3449489
Sanzano
+
Chiefs vs 49rs is an interesting game. I'm going 49rs solely on their defense which looked very good over the weekend. Ryan Tannenhill is having a bit of a resurgence, he's going from playing in a losing team to a Championship game with a chance of reaching the Super Bowl. Matt rated him, from what I have seen he's better than Fitzgerald and Rosen, why did Miami get rid of him? I must admit having the Titans decent offensive line and a big back like Derrick Henry is helping him.

Warrior13 Posted: 09:49 Jan13 2020 Post ID: 3449490
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Tannehill is above average. Miami was tired of being above average. They rather be horrible for a few years while Brady is still around, getting the right players in the meantime, before (hopefully) taking over the division when he retires.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jan 13th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 10:04 Jan13 2020 Post ID: 3449491
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Tannehill needed a change of scenery, and a chance of playing in a competent team. Ever since Miami drafted Tannehill there's been coaching changes, poor o-lines, and little continuity in RBs and WRs staying on the roster. He's always had talent; he was the 8th pick, and a few years ago lead Miami to a 41-0 half time lead against Houston (who made the playoffs that season). Funnily enough, that 41-0 was the same consecutive points that Kansas City scored against Houston yesterday.

Tennessee have a competent o-line, the best RB in the league, and a young, talented WR group. Their defense is ok too. Derrick Henry has carried him through the playoffs, and Tannehill hasn't been asked to pass many times, but he'll get his chance next week against a spotty KC defense.

On Jan 16th, 2018, Dennis said:I have a feeling Philadelphia are going to win on Sunday. The game is in their backyard and I don't think Minnesota will have recovered fully from the emotional roller coaster of a game that everyone is calling 'Miracle in Minnesota'.

On the same date, I said:Sadly I predict a Philly win too. What you say about teams playing poorly after a comeback win has been true every time this season. The Minnesota players will still feel like they've won the SB and need to quickly get focused on the task ahead.

The next day, Dennis said:I can?t see Minnesota getting themselves together in such a short period of time after such an emotionally draining game.

On Jan 22nd (NFC Championship Game), I said:Dennis you are the playoffs expert. Philly leading over Minnesota 38-7 after trailing 0-7.

Kansas City will feel over the moon, and be on a huge emotional high. Houston came back from 0-16 down to win in overtime against Buffalo, and look how they went the following week. They could only muster up 1 quarter of effort. After Minnesota had the miracle win over New Orleans, they lasted one drive and were destroyed 7-38 after opening with a TD to lead 7-0. I watched the manner that KC got themselves into a 0-24 hole, and it was shocking. On 3rd and 1 they left Kenny Stills WIDE OPEN so he could run into the open end zone. Then they had a punt blocked and it was returned into the end zone. Then KC muffed a punt catch and Houston got the ball back. They only got back in the game because Bill O-Brian made horrific play calling (Warrior, you were right. He should be fired, immediately).

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 13th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:33 Jan13 2020 Post ID: 3449492
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I can't see Tennessee beating the Chiefs twice in the same year. If I recall, Chiefs were up like ten or so points late against Tennessee before their horrible defense gave up two straight TDs. After that game and the loss to Houston, KC changed their defensive scheme dramatically. Again, I can't see the Titans pulling out another W. It will be close though, I think, probably by ten or less.

Conversely, I think the Niners can easily defeat the Packers twice in the same year. Seattle basically had only Clowney and Wagner to cause disruption against the Packers. The Niners will have four former first rounders, and that's on their defensive line alone. It will be close this time around, probably by a TD or less, I believe.

Also, Matt, Derrick Henry is not the best RB in the NFL. Maybe Top 5, but definitely not the best. Barkley, Elliott, and McCaffrey all are ahead of him. Plus, they can each catch too.
Displaying Page 195 of 200
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close