Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 197 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 10:07 Jan19 2020 Post ID: 3449529
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Good. Can't wait.

So, did everyone go Chiefs & 49ers? lol
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 21:21 Jan19 2020 Post ID: 3449532
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Chiefs vs 49ers. Saw that coming. My Playoffs Super Bowl Pick was correct.

That's most important of all, Matt. ;)

jk
Sanzano Posted: 01:23 Jan20 2020 Post ID: 3449533
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Looks like after all the dodgey results and upsets during this season the two best teams made it to the Super Bowl. Not an easy game to predict. Can the 49rs contain Mahommes and stop the Chief running game like they have with everybody else. I personally think the game will be won or lost by whether Garapollo and the 49rs offense can move the ball against Kansas. I feel the key to the game is the how the 49rs running backs perform. If Kansas can't contain them its all over.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 20th 2020 »

Warrior13 Posted: 08:53 Jan20 2020 Post ID: 3449535
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I got the Chiefs in a close one. 50 years in the making.
Matt77 Posted: 08:59 Jan20 2020 Post ID: 3449536
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Tennessee jumped out to 10-0 and 17-7 leads, but ultimately conceded 28 consecutive points to put themselves in a hole. Just didn't have the firepower once Henry was kept below 100 yards. A 24-35 loss isn't too bad a result though.

Green Bay were exposed like the frauds they are. 20-37 doesn't give the scoreline justice. It was 0-27 at HT, and 7-34 before garbage time. So glad they are out.

Who would've thought the Superbowl would be Kansas City vs San Francisco. Both teams had some massive fortune getting here. KC only got the #2 seed because NE choked and Fitz beat them with 30 seconds left. And SF only won the #1 seed (rather than the #5 seed) because Seattle choked at the 1-yard line, again. But in the end, both teams rightfully deserved to be here, so the fortune was deserved.

The NFL is a much more enjoyable sport to follow when New England are eliminated.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 09:15 Jan20 2020 Post ID: 3449537
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Rivers moved permanently to Florida. Looks like he's retiring. Maybe Tampa if they move on from Winston, but I don't really see that as an upgrade. A Temporary Fix, but he'd be a better bridge should they trade up for Herbert or Tua or another QB.

Growing rumors that Eli will be retiring. I'm sure he knows no team would want him for a starting role, so it's this or a backup role (which he doesn't want). Definitely a Hall of Famer despite the Win/Loss Record. Top Ten in like all other stats for a QB, plus a two-time Super Bowl Winner. Not to mention, both were against the Pats.

Rumors of Jason Witten staying in the NFL... But going to the Giants to reunite with Garrett... Don't know why the Giants would even think about signing him since they are already have a younger and better option at TE... lol
Matt77 Posted: 18:03 Jan20 2020 Post ID: 3449538
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I didn't give the story about Rivers much thought, but I didn't realise San Diego was right on the east coast and less than 3hrs away by car. He's offski. Tbh, LA Chargers should've kept him as their bridge QB for when they draft Herbert.

I'm not sure it's fair to put someone in the HoF just because they played for a very long time and has a successful career. Shouldn't it be designated for the best of the best?
241 yards per game, 7.0 yards per play, 60.3% completion, 366TDs, 244INTs, 84.1 passer rating.
He played his best in the postseason (and SB), but in the regular season he was an average to above average QB. Solid, but not spectacular. The fact he has never achieved a season passer rating of 94 or above says volumes.

NY Giants are supposed to be moving forward, not backwards. Witten these days is washed up and will only get older and slower as each month passes. He will only slow their development.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 20th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 02:20 Jan21 2020 Post ID: 3449539
Sanzano
+
I hear that Tom Brady is all set to be the next quarterback of the Los Angeles Chargers now they have moved on from Philip Rivers. Not sure how that helps the Chargers to be honest, I'll be surprised if it happens. I wouldn't be surprised if the Las Vegas Raiders picked him up though see as I keep hearing they want to move on from Derek Carr despite them keeping on denying it. Brady to me may be the quick fix Gruden needs to get his team to the next level.

Matt77 Posted: 02:39 Jan21 2020 Post ID: 3449541
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I have locked in 1st place in playoff tipping, but 2nd place is still up for grabs. Dennis you are ahead by 1 game, but if Warrior ties with you, he will overtake you thanks to his better margin.
SuperCheats NFL Playoffs Tipping Leaderboard:

#1: TheChosenOne - 6 (24)
#2: Sanzano - 5 (31)
#3: Jimo Dashen - 4 (22)

Brady going to LA Chargers? Both franchises would have to be insane. New England aren't in a position to draft a quality QB, and they aren't getting Newton (Carolina need him back, and NE would have to give tonnes of draft capital which they don't have).

What is it with Carr? Las Vegas would also be insane if they let him go, as he's an above average QB. He is clearly their franchise QB. I'm not shutting down your idea; several journalists agree with your theory too. If Las Vegas get Brady, their rebuild will all be for nothing.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 21st 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 04:16 Jan21 2020 Post ID: 3449542
Sanzano
+
Matt, what needs to happen for me to win the playoff round? I'm only one game behind you.

Perhaps Gruden thinks the time is now, it's difficult trying to keep a team together in the NFL these days. If Gruden thinks he can win it all now with Brady he may throw the dice. Having Brady leading his team will elevate his other players up a level just because they are playing with a living legend who has a half a dozen Super Bowl rings kicking about in his trophy room.

Brady's resume is ridiculous. over his career, Brady has won three league MVP awards, six Super Bowls, and four Super Bowl MVP Awards. A 14-time Pro Bowler, Brady has also twice led the NFL in passing yards. There's never been anything like it, the nearest player is Joe Monatana with four Super Bowl rings and two Super Bowl MVP Awards. Even though I'm not a fan Brady knows how to win.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 21st 2020 »

Matt77 Posted: 08:42 Jan21 2020 Post ID: 3449544
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
For you to win, I would have to get the SB tip wrong, you would have to get it right, AND you would have to improve your margin score by 7 to tie, and 8+ to win. My current margin is 24 and yours is 31.

I don't think Brady will do well at another team, especially if they don't have an elite o-line. He'll have to learn all the plays and adjust to being in a new team after so many years at NE.

Gruden is deluded if he thinks his team can win the SB next season. They have serious issues on defense. They may be able to make playoffs, but that's it. Then again, he has a huge ego. Maybe Gruden will be stupid enough to stall Las Vegas's development.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:48 Jan21 2020 Post ID: 3449546
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Brady isn't leaving the Pats. If anything, he'll retire.

Again, I think he'll return to the Pats. He'll retire in another 3-5 years unless his performance seriously drops, and not because of the talent around him.

It doesn't make sense for him to really go anywhere else. He'll want to compete for the Super Bowl even if he left, and no REAL contender needs a QB. Some are saying to go to Tennessee, but I can't see Brady living in Nashville, Tennessee (my birthplace). I also can't see him going to Vegas or Los Angeles, as both won't contend with the Chiefs and Ravens even with Brady.

It's literally stay with the Pats and contend for Super Bowls, go to another team and finish your career (most likely) never reaching another Super Bowl, or retire after a crummy year and final game. Easy to see why I believe he's staying with the Pats (he also loves Robert Kraft).
Sanzano Posted: 01:49 Jan22 2020 Post ID: 3449548
Sanzano
+
Warrior13 said:Sweat + Allen + Payne + Young = 4 1st Rounders

Yeah, next San Francisco

On paper it looks like the next Steel Curtain, problem is the secondary is a bunch of no names and there is only Rueben Foster at linebacker, who is injured. Washington will be difficult to run against in 2020 but will give up a ton of points through the air.

The Redskins are bound to take Young with pick number 2, he's too talented but to be honest the team would be better off with two top rookies at linebacker. Washington still has Ryan Kerrigan which if they do draft Young which is looking likely will probably get traded, for a linebacker or high draft pick I would have thought.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 22nd 2020 »

Matt77 Posted: 02:09 Jan23 2020 Post ID: 3449555
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Dennis, I have compiled my mock draft and posted the link in the other thread, if you want to take a look.

The website Warrior used is ok. If you use it, don't bother using the advanced draft selector when you make your mock draft. Several players aren't listed. Simply type in the prospects manually, and they should pop up.

And if you choose to use the website, don't write detailed descriptions unless you want to be there for a few hours. It took me about 2 & 1/2 hours to do mine, because I wrote 2-3 sentences each time.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:11 Jan23 2020 Post ID: 3449558
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, I did my mock over like three days. An hour each day. Half of the first round Day 1, the other half Day 2, and the descriptions Day 3.

But by doing the descriptions now, you can copy for the picks that stay the same in your next mock. ;)
Matt77 Posted: 01:21 Jan24 2020 Post ID: 3449559
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I wasn't sure whether the page saved (the only option was to publish my mock, not save it), so I decided to do it all in one go. Which meant I went up until about 2am...

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 15:06 Jan24 2020 Post ID: 3449560
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
XD

At least you're done with it. ;)
Matt77 Posted: 23:20 Jan24 2020 Post ID: 3449561
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Thought I should mention, even though you both may know, Eli retired a few days ago.

Down 3-14 at 3QT to the 18-0 Patriots in the Superbowl, and won. Never forget.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:24 Jan25 2020 Post ID: 3449564
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Only QB to ever defeat Brady/Belicheck twice in the Super Bowl. Nuff said.
Matt77 Posted: 08:38 Jan26 2020 Post ID: 3449567
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
There's still time for Nick Foles to join him Wiseguy

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 197 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close