Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 199 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 01:48 Jan31 2020 Post ID: 3449634
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Yes Matt, if I were given the stats to both teams and knew nothing about them and was asked to pick a winner I'd say San Francisco is the all round better team hence they would get my vote.

It's going to be an interesting game, San Francisco aren't going to give Mahommes a lot of time to pass. Saying that though the 49rs losses this season have all come against elite NFL quarterbacks and Mahomes is in that bracket.

One things for sure, we are going to find out on Sunday how good Garapollo is. I bet Patriots fans are unhappy, Bellichick let Garapollo go for a low second round pick out of spite for Kraft and the way he backed Brady. The 49rs have admitted they where shocked it wasn't for a 1st and 2nd round pick which they would have given up (they offered the Redskins a 1st for Cousins which was declined).

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 08:11 Jan31 2020 Post ID: 3449638
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I was surprised the Pats didn't get more for him as well. There were talks the Browns were willing to give up two 1sts for him. lol
Matt77 Posted: 22:37 Jan31 2020 Post ID: 3449645
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
The new rumour is that Brady is heading to Miami... He posted an image on his Twitter account showing him walking away from the field. And people seem to think Miami is the most likely destination.

Ffs.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 02:33 Feb02 2020 Post ID: 3449657
Sanzano
+
No, it won't be Miami Brady goes to, that's just a ruse by the Dolphins. Miami have signed up Fitzpatrick for another year so they don't need another geriatric quarterback. Miami have their eye firmly on Tua but are playing up his injury and trying not to show too much interest in him at this stage but behind the scenes they are working on a deal with the Redskins which sees two number 1 picks and their number 2 go to Washinton so they can pick up the signal caller. The Redskins already have a pretty good defense so really don't need Chase Young and by having 2 number 1 picks and a number 2 pick which they lost last year to get Montell Sweat in the first round they have enough picks to get their offense back on track with Alabama wide receiver Jerry Jeudy and a top offensive lineman to play alongside the returning Trent Williams. The number 2 pick would be used a top rookie secondary player.

Miami can't take the risk of hoping that Tua will fall to them, not going to happen. Other teams that have draft capital like the Raiders have also got their eyes on him and Dolphin management know that. The future is now and tanking another year will just damage the franchise financially, nobody wants to support a losing team. Having Tua behind center with Fitzgerald backing him up is the way forward for Miami this year.

Matt77 Posted: 03:57 Feb02 2020 Post ID: 3449661
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Oh no. I seriously hope that you either just have a hunch, or have heard some rumours. That would be, by a massive margin, the worst trade I've ever seen in my 5 years following the NFL. Not only for the lost draft capital Miami would suffer, but also the fact they would be trading up to take an injury-prone player. By two 1st rounders and one 2nd, that would be Miami giving up picks 5, 18, & 39 in exchange for pick 2.

You say Miami can't take the risk of letting Tua be drafted by another team. To me it would be riskier to trade up for him. Miami HAVE TO hold their ground, and if Tua is off the board, they can either draft Herbert, or trade down and improve their draft capital. Then again, the Miami Dolphins organisation are inept, so it wouldn't surprise me if you're correct...

As I've told Warrior before, there is a <1% chance that Miami will successfully tank next season, even if they want to. Last season Miami were supposed to be tanking, yet Flores did everything in his power to win each and every game. And hence, Miami were 5-4 in their final 9 games. Playoff form.

If Brady came to Miami, Miami would simply terminate Fitzpatrick's contract and take the dead cap hit (Miami have loads of salary cap room so it wouldn't matter). Fitz played well enough (20TDs, 13INTs, 3000+ yards) to get a spot as a backup on any other team.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 2nd 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 09:42 Feb02 2020 Post ID: 3449663
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Like Dennis, I've been going to plot a QB at #3 for a while. Even if a team doesn't trade up, I have a belief that the Lions will draft a QB. I think it's too risky to do for our Mocks until March simply because we don't know how free agency will go.

But yes, I think Miami will have to swap #5 for #3 in order to get Tua. Don't worry, Matt, it should only cost us one of our Second Round Picks according to the NFL Draft Value Chart.
Matt77 Posted: 21:53 Feb02 2020 Post ID: 3449668
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior, this is the Miami Dolphins organisation we're talking about. They defy logic at every possibility. Traded Kenyan Drake away for a SIXTH round pick. Horrible. Gave Xavien Howard a massive contract, and now he's injured and may be cut (I concede, you were correct when you said it was crazy money to give him). I'm sure Miami have done plenty of awful deals in your time following them.

SuperCheats NFL Playoffs Tipping Leaderboard:

#1: TheChosenOne - 7 (28)
#2: Jimo Dashen - 5 (29)
#3: Sanzano - 5 (49)

I have to be honest, San Francisco choked that game BIG TIME. I watched half of the 3rd quarter and the entire 4th quarter thanks to the barber running late and having a TV on. The SF D-line were all over Mahomes. They had a 20-10 lead and KC had a 3rd & 15. Then the defense crumbled and conceded a 44-yard pass. 2 plays later KC scored a TD and gained all the momentum.

Garoppolo had the better overall game (his last INT shouldn't count since it was essentially a hail mary), but Mahomes lifted when it counted. He lead them to 21 points in the 4th quarter, and his 2nd pick also shouldn't be counted (WR drop).

And the Kansas City postseason curse is over! Andy Reid finally gets his SB too.

Brady is also staying with New England unfortunately.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 22:00 Feb02 2020 Post ID: 3449669
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Glad Chiefs won. Love Brady.
Sanzano Posted: 01:54 Feb03 2020 Post ID: 3449674
Sanzano
+
Oh dear, I thought I had that game at the bag with 7 minnutes to go and up by two scores with Mahomes looking at a 3rd and 14. Game right there, he doesn't make that the 49rs run a few minutes off the clock not giving Kansas a chance to score twice. The difference in level between Mahommes and Garrapolo was pretty evident to see in that game. Good game though.

If Miami want Tua they will have no choice but to give up those 2 first round picks because they will be in a bidding war with the Raiders who want Tua to be the new face of the franchise in Las Vegas. Gruden and Carr have fallen out. I don't think it's a bad deal to be honest, the prognosis is that Tua will be 100% healthy and I pesonally think he is a better prospect than Joe Burrow who I have a feeling will be a bust. The reason being is in previous seasons he has been less than spectacular whereas Tua has been consistant over a period of years. If I was a Dolphin fan I'd take a gamble on Tua and start building the team around him. It's not that easy for a team to tank, players and coaches have their family's livlihoods to think about as well as the club losing revenue with fickle fans not supporting a losing team.

I'm hearing rumours that there is a possibility Washington may do a Arizona and offload Haskins for Tua. I can't see that happening. I think that rumour has been started as a ploy to get a good deal from either the Dolphins or Raiders if a bidding war between the two doesn't ensue.

Without taking into account trades all three of our mocks are not going to be close. All out mocks are at the moment based on order and logic. I'm expecting at least three or four trades in the first round with teams changing position.

Like I said before pick 3 is the key to what happens. Will Detroit take Tua, Stafford is getting old and has injury problems. I personally think if Washington don't do a trade with their pick the Lions definately will.

I was watching a program the other night about the NFL draft and there was an instance a few years back where the Vikings two years running lost their first round pick because they couldn't decide on a player during their alloted time. I didn't think that was possible...

Matt77 Posted: 02:28 Feb03 2020 Post ID: 3449675
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
If Carr is available then Miami should trade for him. He's an above average QB when healthy. Las Vegas can trade with Detroit for the #3 pick & Tua, and Miami can give Las Vegas their pick 26 (LV would have no bargaining power at that stage). If LV then asked for more, Miami can change it to pick 18, which is still a bargain.

We'll know a lot more about Tua when it comes to the draft combine. If he is able to make throws and perform basic drills then it will bump us his value. But what I'm hearing is that he won't be healthy enough, and will only be doing interviews with scouts at the combine. Las Vegas have good draft capital that they can use for their ongoing rebuild, and trading it away for a risky prospect is dangerous, especially when they already have a B-grade QB on their roster.

ViolinViolinViolin

mrgrtt123 Posted: 20:00 Feb03 2020 Post ID: 3449677
mrgrtt123
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 3
+
Kansas City Chiefs defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi sponsored adoptions for all dogs who were at a Missouri shelter Sunday.

One of the best things that I have read today.
Sanzano Posted: 01:26 Feb04 2020 Post ID: 3449678
Sanzano
+
That was nice of him.

mrgrtt123, do you follow the NFL or just watch the Super Bowl?

Warrior13 Posted: 10:17 Feb04 2020 Post ID: 3449683
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Still waiting on Matt77 to update the title of this thread saying the Chiefs won it all like he normal does. :P ;)
Sanzano Posted: 01:49 Feb06 2020 Post ID: 3449698
Sanzano
+
Hearing lots of rumours that Miami want to trade both their number 1's with Detroit to move up to 3rd place and almost guarantee they get Tua. I know its expensive and a bit of a gamble but if I was a Miami fan I think I'd want that. You would potentially have a superstar at quarterback who would be the face of the franchise for years to come. I personally rate Tua over Burrow, Joe Burrow could be a one season wonder and the next Ryan Leaf. I now realise how good Dan Marino was, I used to take the guy for granted when he was playing for the Dolphins but now looking back he was special, I hope you guys find another player as good as him.

Matt77 Posted: 03:00 Feb06 2020 Post ID: 3449699
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Tua's ceiling is higher than Burrow's, but the injuries that Tua has had in his college career are a concern. If Tua was fully healthy and hadn't had previous injuries, then I'd be in favour of trading up. But its a huge risk. Remember when Washington gave up the house to move up for RG3?

And when you say 'both of their number 1's', do you mean picks 18 and 26, or picks 5 and 18?

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 11:48 Feb06 2020 Post ID: 3449701
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Miami would only have to give up a 2nd Rounder to move up to #3. Maybe swap a third for a fourth as well, but that's about it. Miami would keep all of their 1st Rounders. Period.

Miami's dream scenario is Tua @ 5. Wills @ 18. Swift @ 26. Per rumors.
Sanzano Posted: 10:00 Feb07 2020 Post ID: 3449707
Sanzano
+
I hope so Warrior13, but if the Raiders want Tua they will find themselves in a bidding war and will have no choice but to give up picks 5 and 18, unless of course it's one first round pick and several later round picks. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:51 Feb07 2020 Post ID: 3449708
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I really can't see the Phins trading more than a second and swapping mid rounders to jump from #5 to #3, especially since it will allow the Lions to still get an elite player. Say they do trade with the Raiders for both of the Raider's 1st Rounders, this would see them at #12 and #19. What truly Elite Prospect will still be there? Sure, you're getting 1st Rounders, but the drop off in talent is quite noticeable after like the Top 8-10 Players.

If I were the Lions, I would gladly take #5, #39, and #70 for #3, #99 and #155. Via the Trade Value Chart, Miami would get 2,333.4 Points and the Lions would get 2,450 Points in this scenario. Phins get Tua, and Lions still get Okudah. It's a win/win for the Lions since they get more in value in terms of picks and they still get their guy.
Matt77 Posted: 03:36 Feb08 2020 Post ID: 3449712
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Firstly, I am back. My laptop charger and charging port has been dead recently, but it miraculously has fixed itself...for the time being.

Secondly, I've just noticed we've accidentally flipped the topics of these respective NFL threads. In the Mock Draft thread we're talking about Brady and the choke artist coach, and in the Discussion thread we're talking about draft picks Dancing

I read a mock draft not long ago and they suggest Miami trading picks 5, 39, & 70 in exchange for pick 3. More and more mocks are having either Las Vegas or Miami trading up. Dennis got it right from the beginning. Detroit can trade down to pick 5 and still get Okudah, or back to picks 12 and 19 and get two quality players.
EDIT - I didn't even see that you suggested the same trade that I just mentioned. I guess that trade seems about right.

Dennis, thinking about it now, if Miami get into a bidding war with Las Vegas, Miami's picks 5 and 26 would be better than Las Vegas's 12 and 19 in my opinion. That would be the last resort for Miami if trading picks 5, 39, and 70 didn't work.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:34 Feb08 2020 Post ID: 3449724
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Firstly, I didn't even notice you were gone. jk XD <3

Secondly, I got us back on track. ;)

Thirdly, stop reading other mocks and sites and just listen to me. :P

Fourthly, #5, #39, and #70 WILL work. The Lions would be unwise not to do so. Why? Jeff Okudah is the best CB by far in the draft, and the Lions desperately need some secondary help. Who would they even try to get at #12 and #19? Their top needs are CB, LB, and Edge Rusher, and there would be none of value at #12. Simmons will be off the board by then. Okudah will be off the board by then. They might be able to fill one of those needs at #19 (Epenesa, Henderson, Diggs, Murray), but any of those at #12 would be a reach. Would they fill the need and reach or just trade back again? Or would they go with an O-Lineman (fourth biggest need) at #12? They could easily get one that won't be all that worse at #35 (assuming the Browns and Jets nab the best ones available at #10 and #11). It just doesn't make sense for the Lions to trade back that far. #5, #39 and #70 would maximize the value for them.
Displaying Page 199 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close