Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 200 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 10:06 Feb08 2020 Post ID: 3449726
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I guess they could hope that Simmons is available at #12 (unlikely). Or they could do a double trade. Trade down from 3 to 12 and 19, and then trade up from 12 to 8 (Arizona could either draft OT or WR at #12). But I get it. And hopefully Detroit get it too and don't do business with Las Vegas.

And Lonely God, I don't trust you anymore. You're 0-2 in NFL competitions this year Cool

Jk ;)

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 08:51 Feb09 2020 Post ID: 3449730
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
It would be incredibly unwise for the Lions to fall outside the Top 7; that's really the floor for getting either Simmons or Okudah.
Sanzano Posted: 01:41 Feb12 2020 Post ID: 3449744
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
The Lions are going for Tua now that his hip has been passed as fully healed. Best player in the draft now he has the all-clear. There's even the prospect of Cincinnati now taking Tua as he is the safer option. Burrow so far has been a one season wonder.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:08 Feb12 2020 Post ID: 3449746
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It will be interesting to see Tua at the Combine and his Pro Day. If teams are okay with his injury history and he absolutely dominates both of those events, you have to imagine he'll be in play at #1. The Bengals aren't trading out of the first selection, so no other team might have a chance at Tua. If they do draft him, hopefully Miami just waits for Lawrence next year.
Sanzano Posted: 08:27 Feb14 2020 Post ID: 3449757
Sanzano
+
Oh dear, looks like Joe Burrow is planning to pull a Eli Manning and refuse to play for Cincinnati if they drafts him. I have to agree with him, a team like Cincinnati will just ruin him.

Warrior13 Posted: 09:56 Feb14 2020 Post ID: 3449759
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Burrow won't do that. He originally went to Ohio State before transferring to LSU. His current girlfriend is also from Cincinnati. I'd be shocked if he pulled an Eli.
Matt77 Posted: 23:34 Feb20 2020 Post ID: 3449785
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Burrow has a point. The rumours surrounding him and Cincy are still going today. In terms of money, resources, practice fields etc Cincinnati are the worst team in the entire NFL. They are at a disadvantage from the beginning. They also don't get the best out of theit starting QBs. And they also choked on wildcard weekend on several occasions, and were 0-5 in the playoffs under Dalton.

Cincy will draft him though, and he will be happy enough. He has let them know what he expects from the organisation, & they will be weary of him leaving while under contract.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Matt77 Posted: 00:34 Feb21 2020 Post ID: 3449786
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Double posting because there's some big news. Next season there is a high chance that there will be 14 playoff teams, with 7 from each conference. The #1 seed will earn homefield advantage and a 1st week bye, while seeds 2-7 will play on wildcard weekend (2v7, 3v6, 4v5). Then the divisional round will be as usual.

Using the new format, we would've seen:
Pittsburgh @ Kansas City
LA Rams @ Green Bay

They also want to include an 18th week of regular season - hense 17 games for each team. I'm not sure how the opponent for the extra week will be selected.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:35 Feb21 2020 Post ID: 3449790
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, we all knew this was coming like five years ago. The owners want more money, but the players will get paid more now. No doubt we will start seeing 3 Preseason Games, 17 Regular Season Games, 6 Wild Card Games, 4 Divisional Round Games, 2 Championships, and then the Super Bowl.

I'm guessing the extra opponent will simply be a random. Currently, you play everyone in your division twice (six games), two other divisions one (8 games), and two random foes. If they were smart, they would decrease to two Preseason Games and increase to 18 Regular Season Games, starting one week earlier in the season overall. This would allow for two bye weeks for each team, and each team would face their divisional foes twice and each team apart of three other divisions each year.
Matt77 Posted: 21:01 Feb21 2020 Post ID: 3449792
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The 2 'random foes' aren't random. Last season we played the AFC North, and then one each from the other 2 divisions. We played LA Chargers & Indy because they both finished 2nd.

Please no more byes. It's already annoying enough with one bye causing weeks 4-12 to be partial schedules. We may have some unlucky teams getting one bye worth 2 weeks.

From what I'm hearing now, the schedule will be extended in a few years. When it happens, I'd like the 17th game to be from a different conference, & for it to be with an old rival. The particular matchups could change from year to year. We could have games like NE v SEA, MIA v WAS, KC v GB etc.

I've ranted about this before, but NFL players need to get a grip. They get paid tens of millions of dollars over their careers and only have to play 16 games a season (in which they are sitting down for ~50% of games, and get HT breaks, 6 timeouts, & two 2 minute warning breaks).

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:31 Feb22 2020 Post ID: 3449794
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
As I said, random. XD

I wouldn't mind two bye weeks for each team if the regular season games are increased to 18, especially since that would most likely mean more London Games. But not for 17.
Sanzano Posted: 02:20 Feb24 2020 Post ID: 3449803
Sanzano
+
Jacksonville will lose their franchise within the next 2-3 years, their is no interest in the team. Sports fans in Alabama are not interested in the Jaguars, they are more into college football and the Red Tide. The NFL are just testing the water to see what interest an NFL franchise would have in London and they now realise that each week would be a sellout, tickets for those yearly games sell like hot cakes in London, there are plenty of fans like me who have been following he NFL since 1982 when it was first introduced to the British public and would love to get behind a British team.

Warrior13 Posted: 09:13 Feb24 2020 Post ID: 3449805
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I doubt a team will ever play in London. Scheduling will be too hard.

UNLESS... Said team plays like 4 road, 4 home, bye, 4 home, 4 road. Or something like that in order to ensure the least amount of travel for other teams.
Matt77 Posted: 01:05 Feb25 2020 Post ID: 3449807
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior, it's almost a guarantee that a London team will be created. Possibly within this decade. Dennis is right; Jacksonville are a joke of a franchise who after finishing 12-4 and leading 20-10 in the AFC Championship game, have crumbled and returned to status quo. It will either be them or LA Chargers who move to London.

I think we all talked about this years ago when Aeon-Flux was with us. There was talk that the NFL want to expand to London, Germany, & maybe even Australia in the future. Dennis mentioned new planed which would drastically reduce travel times. Australia would be hard due to the NFL season running through Spring/Summer (temperatures often exceed 35?C), but it could be good since the MCG holds a capacity of 100,024, & Aus's main sports would be in their offseasons. London & Germamy would be hard because soccer is so big in those countries. But the NFL will choose money over player needs.

I don't think the NFL could handle new teams being added onto the 32 we already have. They would have to either have 8 divisions of 5 teams each (thus adding 8 new teams) or relocate 3+ teams (too difficult). The best option would be to change the format to 2 conferences of 16, play against each conference team & then 3 games against the other conference. Then the top 6 in each conference go into the playoffs, and the bottom 2 get relegated to the XFL (which would be reformatted to have real rules). That would allow the new international teams to join, and the awful franchises to move down a division and play against easier teams.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Feb 25th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:29 Feb25 2020 Post ID: 3449808
Sanzano
+
I go to my wife's parents in London every year which just so happens to be a two minute walk from Wembley stadium and the last couple of times I was there in the shopping center that is connected to the stadium there was a Jacksonville Jaguars shop selling the teams merchandise, there were also several banners hanging around the walkway, on top of that the hotel which the team uses when they visit London each year is filled with signed photos and helmets of the team in the reception. You get the feeling the NFL are trying to make a statement and gauge the interest in the team.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:13 Feb25 2020 Post ID: 3449811
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Of course the NFL wants a team in London, they probably also want one in Canada and Mexico, but any of those place (especially London due to travel time) would cause serious difficulties with the scheduling.
Matt77 Posted: 02:14 Feb28 2020 Post ID: 3449821
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Doesn't matter Warrior. It's all about the money...

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:08 Feb28 2020 Post ID: 3449823
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The players will rebel, sort of like how some are with the idea of 17 Games. Guess we'll see how both turn out.
Sanzano Posted: 02:13 Mar01 2020 Post ID: 3449827
Sanzano
+
Rebelling against the NFL doesn't work for the players, the last two times they did it - 1982 and 1991 they just lost a lot of money, the time in 1991 the team owners just went out and put together a new squad of 'scab' players. There was no unity, the high earning players didn't want to strike and continued playing and it caused bad feeling amongst players in the locker room when the season resumed after a few weeks. To make matters worse some of the scab players got into the official team so there was some striking players who lost their job. And worse of all the NFL ratings plummeted, even when the regular players returned.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 1st 2020 »

Matt77 Posted: 03:04 Mar04 2020 Post ID: 3449861
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
[Double post in order to move the post onto the next page]

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 4th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 200 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close