Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

NFL - Discussion Thread

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 202 of 206
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 18:09 Mar13 2020 Post ID: 3449979
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,032
+
I agree to a certain extent, but we all know Jerry wants to keep him. Jerry can enjoy paying him. lol
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 21:13 Mar13 2020 Post ID: 3449982
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 271
+
Jerry Jones' ego will get the better of him, I agree Warrior.

As for what Dallas can do, they're better off getting rid of him like Dennis said. Dak can only perform at an above average level under an elite o-line and elite RB. They could franchise tag him, but getting rid of Dak allows Dallas to use the tag on another important player. They could pick up a bridge QB like Rivers or Dalton, or could take a chance with inconsistent youth like Rosen or Mariota for a year. There's always the Brady possibility too.

They should pack it up this season, trade away their pick 17 to another team in exchange for a 2021 1st rounder + more, get rid of Dak, franchise tag Byron Jones, and draft Fields in the 2021 draft by trading up. And for this season getting Rosen in would give him a chance in a good team. Or, who knows, they could listen to me and trade for Nick Mullens/CJ Beathard and give one of them a trial year.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 09:24 Mar14 2020 Post ID: 3449984
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Rosen would probably be an upgrade in terms of talent over Dak. XD
Matt77 Posted: 11:00 Mar14 2020 Post ID: 3449987
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Put Dak in the Miami team for the first 7 weeks of our awful patch, and watch him also win 0 games...

Sadly Dak will have a successful Pro-Bowl career, and Rosen will never be a starter again :(

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 18:15 Mar14 2020 Post ID: 3449990
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
...Unless Brady leaves the Pats

Might open the door for Rosen, if Miami do a no-no and give him to them.
Matt77 Posted: 23:04 Mar14 2020 Post ID: 3449992
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
C'mon Warrior. He's not leaving.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 04:26 Mar15 2020 Post ID: 3449995
Sanzano
Post Likes: 71
+
I must admit I'm struggling to envisage Brady in another team's jersey. I can't figure out why he is so keen to keep playing. He has done more than double what anyone else has ever achieved in the modern NFL, his skills are eroding with each passing season, he's in his 40's, and has more money than he can ever spend. Why doesn't he just hang up his cleats and enjoy the fruits of his hard work over the last 20 years. He has next to no chance of winning another Super Bowl unless he gets traded to the 49rs.

Matt77 Posted: 04:36 Mar15 2020 Post ID: 3449997
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
https://www.supercheats.com...D2019Com

I found this strange that a bot had this name.

Back on topic, with Brady I think he wants to be known as the GOAT. He probably believes he can win more SBs, and even if he doesn't, the longer he plays, the more matches appear on his CV and the more media exposure he gets. Each game enhances his legacy.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 15th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:19 Mar15 2020 Post ID: 3450002
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If he wants more Super Bowls, he'll have to stay in NE or go to San Fran. Don't think Tennessee would make it with him.
Matt77 Posted: 12:02 Mar15 2020 Post ID: 3450004
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Actual BREAKING NEWS: The CBA has passed. The playoff structure has officially changed to 7 teams per conference, with one 1st week bye and 3 wildcard weekend matches. It comes into effect whenever we have the next season.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:02 Mar16 2020 Post ID: 3450008
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Had a feeling. 17 Game Schedules can begin in 2021, but the new Playoffs Schedule can begin this year. Don't know if they will start the one before the other, but we'll find out soon enough.

Jags traded DT Campbell to the Ravens for a 5th Rounder Pick. Ravens got a steal. Campbell may be turning 34, but he's been a Pro Bowler every year for as long as I can remember. The Jags seems to be "Losing 4 Lawrence" with their recent trades.

And Brady won't be going to Titans, not with them signing Tannehill to a four year deal worth up to almost 120 Million. It's absolutely crazy how much money mediocre Ryan Tannehill will have made by the end of his career.

Brady also won't be going the Niners, as, per reports, they are sticking with Garoppolo.

Looks like the Market is down to the Chargers, Colts, Bears, Buccaneers, Raiders, Dolphins(?), and the Pats for Brady.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 16th 2020 »
Warrior13 Posted: 09:50 Mar16 2020 Post ID: 3450009
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Giants tagged Leonard Williams.

Buccaneers tagged Shaquil Barrett.

Chiefs tagged Chris Jones.

Packers signed Christian Kirksey.

Steelers tagged Bud Dupree.

Vikings extend Cousins.

Falcons release Devonta Freeman.

Bengals tagged AJ Green.

Titans tagged Derrick Henry.

Cowboys tagged Dak Prescott.

Matt77 Posted: 11:26 Mar16 2020 Post ID: 3450012
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It is confirmed that next season there will be 14 playoff teams, and either in 2021/22 or 2022/23 there will be an extra regular season game. We will never again witness the #2 seed earning a 1st week bye.

Good summary. I was about to do one myself, but it would've missed about half of what you listed.

Tennessee payed far too much money to Tannehill. It could be justified he he had 2 good seasons, but he could be a one-season wonder much like his playoff-leading season at Miami. He needed to be franchise tagged and Henry needed to be signed on a multi-year deal.

Dak is playing for his career now. If Dallas don't make playoffs, especially given that there are now 3 wildcard teams, Dallas will get rid of him and he may even become a backup QB. Even if they make playoffs, Jerry Jones probably has set an NFC Championship appearance as the bare minimum required. I bet Dak is kicking himself now. I think he turned down a 4-year 120M contract a few months ago.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 12:33 Mar16 2020 Post ID: 3450013
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Cardinals trading RB David Johnson, 2nd Round Pick & 4th Round Pick to the Texans for DeAndre Hopkins and 4th Round Pick!!!

Colts trading #13 Overall Draft Pick to the 49ers in exchange for DL Deforest Buckner!!!

TE Austin Hopper signing with Browns.

Browns sign RT Jack Conklin.

Cardinals tagged RB Drake.

Patriots tagged OL Thuney.

Vikings tagged S Harris.

Dolphins sign OL Erik Flowers.

Dolphins sign DL Shaq Lawson.

Dolphins sign DL Kyle Van Noy.

Cowboys, Jets, Bills, Eagles interested in CB Chris Harris.

Eagles sign DL Hargrave.

Bears sign Jimmy Graham.

Ravens sign DL Michael Brokers.

Falcons cut RB Freeman & CB Trufant.

Dolphins signed top CB Bryon Jones.

Colts interested in Phillip Rivers.

Chargers & Bucs interested in Brady.

49ers resign DL Arik Armstead.

Warrior13 Posted: 20:28 Mar16 2020 Post ID: 3450015
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Today's Winners:

1) Browns: Adding Hooper wasn't needed, but an added plus. Getting RT Conklin on top of that was crazy. If they can land a LT in the Draft, they will compete for the AFC North.

2) Ravens: Got Campbell for a 5th Rounder and signed Brockers for cheap to rebuild their DL is crazy. Add in getting rid one one of their three TEs for a 2nd Rounder is an added bonus.

3) 49ers: They knew they couldn't pay all those DL, so they signed Armstead and traded Buckner for the 13th Overall Pick. They can now get a guy like CB Henderson at #13 and then Epenesa or Gross-Matos is they fall to #30.

4) Colts: They really only got Buckner, but you can't complain with them giving up the #13 Pick. They get a proven talent, and he's only 26. They weren't gonna get much more at #13.
Matt77 Posted: 22:18 Mar16 2020 Post ID: 3450016
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Full list - http://www.nfl.com/news/sto...d-trades

Well, that was drama. Arizona must be laughing. How stupid are Houston?!?! Trading away by far your best player for effectively a 2nd round pick.

There are too many trades to write about,so I'll just focus on Miami. Getting Byron Jones is a masterstroke. It also provides cover for when we cut Xavien Howard (I think he will be cut unfortunately). Van Noy could be a good pickup, but it's not guaranteed. The other 2 signings are boom or bust signings. It's risky paying big money for these type of signings, but I suppose it's what has to happen if you want a quicker rebuild.

And on San Francisco, they'll trade down I think. They have zero 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks.

EDIT - ...and now Kendall Fuller is back with Washington lol.

On Jan 31 2018, Dennis said:Kendall Fuller is on his way out of Washington to Kansas as part of the exchange, I'm not happy about that as he was a good player. Not sure what the thinking is behind this trade because the Redskins are basically paying Smith the kind of money Cousins was after.

On Jan 31 2018, Dennis said:Not just any player either Matt, Kendall Fuller is the highest rated slot defender in the NFL. I'm not liking this trade at all...Losing Kendall Fuller is a blow and a position that will have to be addressed int he draft.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 17th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:32 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450018
Sanzano
Post Likes: 71
+
I'm pleased Kendall Fuller is back with Washington, he played well there. Which is why Kansas initially wanted him. Not sure we he dindn't fit in with the Chiefs.

Dak Prescott is a greedy bugger, I'm sorry, the amount of money he was offered to play football is more than enough. Players back in the 70's and early 80's had to have a day job during the off season to make ends meet. There were some Washington players that were only making 25,000 grand a year and reaching the playoffs mean't getting bonuses to make their money up.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:08 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450025
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: I heard the Phins want to keep Howard and pair him with Jones. Looks great on paper. Need a couple safeties now. The one we signed yesterday is more of a special teamer.
Warrior13 Posted: 08:09 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450026
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Brady NOT to return to the Pats!!!

Bills trade four draft picks, including #23 Overall, to the Vikings for WR Stefon Diggs!!!

Amari Cooper resigns with the Cowboys for five years.

Giants sign LB Blake Martinez.

Texans sign Randell Cobb.

Raiders sign QB Marcus Marioata.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 17th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 08:28 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450029
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
IT'S OVER.

Edit - From vague recollection, I think Dennis and Warrior you both made some sort of bet in terms of whether Brady would retire/play for a new team, or stay at NE.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 17th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 202 of 206
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close