Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 203 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 08:33 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450031
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I'm guessing he's going to Tampa Bay. Some say the Chargers or Colts, but Tampa made a strong push for him yesterday. I'm kind of holding out hope he'll sign with the Phins. Long short, yes, but the pieces we added yesterday (and can still add in free agency) along with all our picks could easily make a playoff team with Brady. Plus, if we can get Tua, he can sit behind Brady and recover (or we skip on drafting a QB and let Rosen develop behind Brady).
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 08:38 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450034
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Tampa Bay were my sneaky thought back when they weren't considered a viable option. If he goes there, Tampa Bay are Superbowl contenders immediately.

Also watch out for a Carr-Brady straight swap. Las Vegas seem to think they are Superbowl contenders (lol), and New England need a new starting QB.

Also not sure if you saw my edit in my previous post. I'm pretty sure you lost a bet you and Dennis made ;)

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 17th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 08:42 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450036
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Dennis was right all along. However, I'm sure he'll admit that even he thought Brady was going back to the Pats the closer it got to Free Agency.

That said, Brady is taking a huge risk by leaving. His legacy might not be the same now.
Sanzano Posted: 08:48 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450039
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Odds on now Brady plays in Las Vegas with Grudden as it looks like the Redskins are going after Tua with pick 2 of the draft now that he has been medically passed. They've just traded Keenum to the Browns. Colt McCoy is gone which only leaves an injured Alex Smith who is nowhere near ready to resume his NFL career (personally I think it's over). The Redskins have just announced they are going to hold a private meeting with Tua this week.

Rivera has been given full control of the draft unlike Jay Grudden last year who was forced to take Haskins against his will. I can't see now how the Redskins will not take Tua and just play Haskins for the following year as they line up a second round draft trade off another team for him and play Tua in 2021. Rivera did say Haskins would have stiff competition, looks like its Tua. There is nobody else on the roster...

Matt77 Posted: 08:56 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450040
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I think Washington will get a veteran in like Dalton to create some competition. I still can't see them drafting Tua. It's too risky when Chase Young is on the board. If Miami move up to pick 3 for Tua and Washington surprise everyone, Miami will get Young and you'll have to deal with my team having Young and not yours Smile

I just see it as bait for Miami to trade up to pick 2 and give away picks 5, 18, & 39. Maybe Washington see Warrior's idea of more draft capital as a better option. Washington want to go into the draft and have no-one know what they're going to do, even if they have their sights set on Young.

There's also the possibility that Rivera brings in Cam Newton.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 08:57 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450041
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, Miami ain't biting. They will just wait until after the Redskins make the #2 Pick and then trade with the Lions, should Tua still be available. And what if Brady goes to the Chargers? The Skins and Lions might not find a trade partner of good value, allowing Miami to stay at #5 and get Tua.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 17th 2020 »
Warrior13 Posted: 10:26 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450044
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Panthers grant Cam Newton permission to seek trade with another team
Sanzano Posted: 11:03 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450045
Sanzano
+
Oh dear, that's the competition Rivera was talking about, his old quarterback Cam Newton. Now Case Keenum and Colt McCoy are gone the money saved from them will be put towards getting Newton. I think it's over for Alex Smith, after his contract runs out he is also gone. I'm still a bit jittery about this draft, I'll be gutted if the Redskins don't get Chase Young.

I've been watching lots of film on Haskins play last year and towards the end of it he was making some incredible throws only a quarterback with a strong arm could make. Surely the Redskins will give him the time he needs to develop, he's only 22 years old. As for Andy Dalton, he'll be picked up by Belichick and the Patriots.

I bet Brady retires now, I'm struggling to envisage him in another team's jersey, I guess it's because I've seen him in a Patriots jersey for the last 20 years

Matt77 Posted: 11:32 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450047
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I know I mentioned Newton as a Washington candidate just hours before the announcement was made, but that was also before I knew Brady was leaving NE. Once Brady announced his departure, it took Carolina just 2hrs and 16mins to announce that Newton was being traded.

Brees recently signed a 2-year, 50M deal to remain with New Orleans.

And Chicago have signed ex-Miami and now ex-Dallas edge rusher Robert Quinn to a 5-year, 70M deal.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:03 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450048
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Teddy Bridgewater to replace Cam Newton for the Panthers.

POSSIBLE TEAMS that have been mentioned for Brady by various analysts:
Buccaneers, Chargers, Colts, Dolphins
Warrior13 Posted: 18:07 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450050
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Tom Brady Going To The BUCCANEERS

Eww.
Matt77 Posted: 19:21 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450052
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
And Las Vegas miss out once again on a big name signing Dancing

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 19:53 Mar17 2020 Post ID: 3450053
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
TB12 (Tom Brady #12) remains TB12 (Tampa Bay #12).

From Patriot to Pirate.

Tampa Tom.

Buccaneer Brady.

Just a few of the nicknames that come to mind. XD
Sanzano Posted: 02:27 Mar18 2020 Post ID: 3450055
Sanzano
+
At least Brady will have some weapons to work with in Tampa Bay with Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, O.J. Howard and Cameron Brate. I don't think he'll get another sniff of a Super Bowl though, the Buccaneers have a bad offensive line and no decent running backs. I'd love to see him do well though just so that I can laugh at the Patriots for getting rid of him.

Amari Cooper has just got a 100 million contract with 60 million guarantee. Cooper turned down a 110 million contract from the Redskins, glad that didn't work out, I don't rate Cooper. I'd rather have Julio Jones or DeAndre Hopkins for that kind of money.

Philip RIvers going to the Colts is interesting, all of a sudden they could become a very dangerous team in the AFL.

Matt77 Posted: 02:42 Mar18 2020 Post ID: 3450059
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Yeah but Jamieis Winston threw 33TDs with the same o-line Brady will have before trades & the draft. Tampa Bay will score 30+ points regularly. It will come down to whether the defense keeps improving like it did in the second half of last season.

Are Dallas exploiting the salary cap limit? How can they afford to pay Cooper so much, if they're supposedly under cap strain? Things are looking dangerous in Dallas. This may be their last chance to contend for a SB before they have to offload big earners.

Indy made a horrible decision to trade for Rivers (and pay him 25M). He will only play for 1 more season, and they won't be SB contenders. The only way this will end up as a good move is if Indy draft Jordan Love and sit him in his rookie year. If they do that, it's a great move.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 18th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 06:11 Mar18 2020 Post ID: 3450060
Sanzano
+
The Colts going after Philip Rivers seems like a strange decision unless it is like you say Matt that they want him to pass on his experience to Jordan Love who has been linked to the club. I'll be surprised if Indianapolis don't draft Love if he is available when they pick. The draft picture is becoming clearer now regarding quarterbacks now we know what is happening to Brady, Prescott, Bridgewater, and Rivers.

Mariotta has just signed with the Raiders, looks like Miami can now relax and wait for pick 5 and take Tua. All the teams that wanted a quarterback now have one. Detroit are sticking with Stafford and the Giants have Jones.

Matt77 Posted: 07:54 Mar18 2020 Post ID: 3450061
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
No no Dennis. Mariota was signed to be the backup at Las Vegas. They are still firmly in the QB market. If Indy want Love, they may have to trade up to get ahead of LV.

It still remains to be seen what will happen with the following QBs:
Rosen
Dalton
Foles
Brisset
Carr
Flacco
Haskins
Newton
Winston
Trubisky

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:33 Mar18 2020 Post ID: 3450062
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Colts don't have a 1st Rounder after trading for DeForest buckner, so they likely won't be able to get Jordan Love without giving up a whole ton to get back into the 1st Round. It seems like they are going all in this year with Rivers, and if it doesn't work out, they will simply attempt to get a top QB in next year's draft.
Sanzano Posted: 08:56 Mar18 2020 Post ID: 3450064
Sanzano
+
Signed to be a back-up? Sounds like Las Vegas Raiders are sticking with Carr. Dalton will probably end up a Patriot. Haskins will be the starter at Washington, Newton will be brought in to pressure him. The others on your list won't affect the Dolphins, they are not good enough to be starters. Foles I think will end up a Bear to put pressure on Trubishky. Tua is going to be sitting theare at pick 5 for the Dolphins.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 18th 2020 »

Matt77 Posted: 09:07 Mar18 2020 Post ID: 3450065
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Oh wow, I just remembered what Indy did. Boy they have made an awful move. If they wanted Lawrence or Fields in 2021, they would need to win as few games as possible. Rivers will lead them to a decent season (7-9 at minimum) and perhaps the 7th seed. That leaves them in an awful position come the 2021 draft.

Las Vegas can now draft Jeudy at pick 12, and then be stupid and draft Love at pick 19 now that Indy and Tampa Bay are out of the picture.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 18th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 203 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close