Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 204 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 09:12 Mar18 2020 Post ID: 3450066
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I don't see the Raiders drafting Love. It's possible, but they could make a playoff push if they have a good draft. They've been making great moves in Free Agency.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 09:43 Mar18 2020 Post ID: 3450067
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I think Dennis is right with the Gruden-Carr relationship, and the franchise needing a star player for their new city. I'm not sure whether it will happen, but Las Vegas are definitely considering moving on from Carr.

The big question will be if Las Vegas don't draft him, who will? New England? New Orleans? Green Bay? Detroit in R2? Carolina in R2?

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 10:06 Mar18 2020 Post ID: 3450068
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
That's a good question. I don't think he fits for the Pats, and the Saints already have a version of him in Hill. I can't see he Packers drafting him as it will give Rodgers a fit. Love is horrible at reading defenses and his decision making, and Carolina wants a guy that can get the ball out of his hands quickly and accurately (why they signed Bridgewater). Maybe the Lions, but he might be thrown into the fire too soon if Stafford continues to decline health-wise. Steelers don't have a 1st Rounder, so they're out. Bengals could freak us all out and draft Young and then trade back into the 1st for Love, but we all know that isn't going to happen. Maybe Jacksonville if they aren't Losing 4 Lawrence. Colts made sense, but they are too far out now. Maybe the Redskins in the 2nd Round if Rivera truly isn't sold on Haskins. Falcons don't seem like a fit, but Ryan is getting old now and they could look to rebuild soon enough. Can't see the Bucs drafting him as they are in win now mode.
Sanzano Posted: 11:05 Mar18 2020 Post ID: 3450070
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Redskins don't have a second round pick this year Warrior13, they used it last year to get back into the first round to draft Montez Sweat. I don't think they will go quarterback now, they'll give Haskins another year and play it safe by drafting Young at Pick 2. Raiders have just signed Moriatti so I can't see how Love fits in there unless they plan on using Carr as draft capital.

Warrior13 Posted: 13:46 Mar18 2020 Post ID: 3450071
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Totally forgot. Then yes, Colts are in the mix for Love if he falls to the 2nd Round. Or, they could put #34 and #44 to move up into 1st to get him. But I doubt it when they can just wait for Lawrence.
Sanzano Posted: 02:57 Mar19 2020 Post ID: 3450073
Sanzano
+
The Colts are also in the mix for DE Jadeveon Clowney if he doesn't accept the 17 million dollars the Seahawks are offering. I would have though the Giants would have been a good fit for him but he says he wants to play for a team that is capable of reaching the playoffs. Another landing spot that is a possibility is Philadelphia. I'm just hoping it's not an NFC East team.

Matt77 Posted: 03:27 Mar19 2020 Post ID: 3450076
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Yesterday, Dennis said:Foles I think will end up a Bear to put pressure on Trubishky.

Apart from once again misspelling Trubisky's name, you were spot on Dennis Cool

Las Vegas are going to fall for the bait. Gruden thinks Las Vegas can win a Superbowl soon, and his ego will get the better of him. The big question is, where will Carr be traded to? There's no way he stays. Las Vegas want to attract new fans; they'll have to start Love from day 1.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Matt77 Posted: 03:29 Mar19 2020 Post ID: 3450077
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Double posting because the NFL have offered FREE access to NFL Game Pass. All you have to do it make an account.

http://www.nfl.com/news/sto...ame-pass

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 04:06 Mar19 2020 Post ID: 3450078
Sanzano
+
Thanks Matt!! I've signed up, I love watching the footage from the 70's and 80's. It's the era's I remember as a kid and are nostalgic to me.

I wonder if Gruden is going to try and get a 2nd round draft pick for Carr and use it along with one of the first round picks the Raiders have and a couple of later round picks to entice the Lions into giving up pick 3 in the first round so they get Tua?

Like Warrior13 said, we won't know what is going to happen until the Redskins have take Chase Young. Thanks to your link we can now watch the draft live.

Warrior13 Posted: 13:15 Mar19 2020 Post ID: 3450083
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Draft is going to be so old school to watch. No fans, just the few media people and team represents.

Yeah, the draft will get interesting after the 2nd Pick. Would be exciting at the #2 Pick if the Redskins lowered their asking price, but I don't see that happening. I'm still guessing the Lions will swap #3 with the Dolphins for #5, #39 & #70. The Lions just traded away CB Slay for only a 3rd & 5th to the Eagles, so it appears they'll take anything to simply build draft capital. And don't forget: should the Lions trade back with the Dolphins, they could do a double trade back should a team like to leapfrog the Chargers afterwards to nab Herbert.

Could you imagine how it could unfold should that happen? The Chargers would have no choice but to fall back in the 1st, or draft one of the OL/Brown/Simmons. If the Lions do a double trade back, all of our Mock Drafts could be in trouble. Panthers (even with Bridgewater), Raiders and Jaguars could all be looking to jump to draft Herbert in this scenario.
Matt77 Posted: 09:36 Mar20 2020 Post ID: 3450096
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
*Gulp* Todd Gurley gets cut by LA Rams, and the rebuilding Falcons pick him and his huge salary up. Not good at all. He has arthritic knees, and if LA Rams have cut him it means one of two things: 1) they don't want to pay his salary, or 2) they know his production will fall off a cliff like Ajayi a few seasons ago.

Detroit need to draft Okudah now. Trading even further back than #5 would be risky because the other CBs in the draft aren't anywhere near as good as Okudah imo.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:40 Mar20 2020 Post ID: 3450098
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Atlanta/Gurley deal is only for one year. The Falcons aren't dumb. XD

#5, #39, and #70 looks pretty good now. XD
Matt77 Posted: 11:31 Mar20 2020 Post ID: 3450101
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It's time for comedy hour - http://www.nfl.com/news/sto...e-burrow. Enjoy! ViolinViolinViolin

What is the point of Atlanta signing him for 1 season? Atlanta are rebuilding and have virtually 0 chance of winning the division. All this will do is help Atlanta finish above 6-10 and miss out on a good draft pick for 2021. This is literally pointless...

I was convinced that he would go to Tampa Bay and that Tampa Bay would go all-in for 2 seasons. Could you imagine what that offense would look like with Brady and Gurley coming in for free, and an OT being drafted?

Also a last point on LA Rams. They tried to buy a Superbowl with expensive signings and trading away multiple 1st round picks, and ultimately failed. Now they're on a massive downward spiral. They'll finish last in the NFC West.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 20th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 13:38 Mar20 2020 Post ID: 3450103
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Why wouldn't that guy have the Panthers trade up for Burrow? And why would the Chargers leap to #3 instead of #4? XD

Apart from that, the dude did pick some of my picks. Obviously my entire mock looks far better than his. XD

Atlanta just being smart and seeing if he has anything left. I thought he'd go to the Bucs too, but I guess he wanted to go home (went to Georgia for college).

Rams did a no-no, and it has now caught up to them. If they had won the Super Bowl, it would've made everything worth it. But they didn't.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 20th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 23:03 Mar21 2020 Post ID: 3450108
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
We've signed so many players that I've lost track. From finally finding a list, we have got:
Clayton Fejedelem - Special teams (Cincy)
Ereck Flowers - Guard (Washington)
Byron Jones - Cornerback (Dallas)
Shaq Lawson - Edge rusher (Buffalo)
Emmanuel Ogbah - Defensive end (Kansas)
Jordan Howard - Running back (Philly)
Kamu Grugier-Hill - Linebacker (Philly)
Elandon Roberts - Linebacker (New England)
Kyle Van Noy - Linebacker (New England)
Ted Karras - Center (New England)

Warrior, you've been right all along about Bill O'Brien. From reading the outrage from Houston fans over that horrific trade, I now realise he's totally out of his depth being in charge of multiple roles. It's beyond belief how they can trade away their best player for a 2nd round pick, also picking up David Johnson who is washed and paying him a big salary, while a few days later say that they want to re-sign as many of their own players as possible.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 21st 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:34 Mar22 2020 Post ID: 3450109
Sanzano
+
Why have Miami signed Eric Flowers, he was hopeless when he played at Washington.

Tell me it's not true, I hear the Redskins are interested in signing Jamies Winston. The guy was an interception machine at Tampa Bay. The first quarterback ever to throw 30 Touchdowns and 30 Interceptions in a season. Him along with Haskins virtually guarantees the first pick in the 2021 draft and Trevor Lawrence.

Washington have picked up a bunch of players in free agency I've never heard of, the only one that is vaguely familier is Sean Davis and Pittsburgh fans are saying he is terrible.

The Raiders are up to something, I didn't realise Tua was Marcus Mariotta understudy at college. They are both Hawaian and good friends. The Raiders are under the impression there is a big Hawaian market on the west coast for the Raiders and Tua would fit in nicely. Carr is history, but like Cam Newton there is now no market out there for him.

Matt77 Posted: 04:23 Mar22 2020 Post ID: 3450112
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
See the other NFL thread for my thoughts on Carr and the other QBs.

That's a good pickup. If Las Vegas get rid of Carr and draft Love, they could start Mariota for half a season (or until the LV organisation get fed up) to get the new fans interested. Or if they draft Tua (unlikely), they could throw him in at some point.

From what I've read, Flowers was a terrible OT at NY Giants, but at Washington he improved because he changed positions and became a Guard.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:21 Mar22 2020 Post ID: 3450113
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Yeah, the Texans should've canned O'Brien like two years ago. Whenever they finally do, their Franchise will be in ruins outside of Watson.

Dennis: Like Matt said, Flowers played decent at guard last year for the Skins. The Redskins actually wanted to keep him and Scherff, but they could only keep one and not the other. Obviously, Flowers is nowhere in the same category as Scherff.
Matt77 Posted: 09:44 Mar22 2020 Post ID: 3450116
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
BREAKING NEWS: Houston have traded Deshaun Watson and pick 57 to Miami in exchange for picks 18, 39, & Josh Rosen!

Spoiler:
click to reveal

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 22nd 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:55 Mar22 2020 Post ID: 3450117
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
XD XD XD
Displaying Page 204 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close