Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 205 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 03:31 Mar23 2020 Post ID: 3450128
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
There's a possibility that may actually happen. Deshuan Watson wants to be traded from the Texans. Nobody there is happy with the DeAndre Hopkins trade, especially Watson. The trade Matt suggests might actually would work if it was pick 5 and not 18. Texans draft Tua and they are happy and the Dolphins get a guaranteed and proven superstar at quarterback. Everyone wins.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 08:53 Mar23 2020 Post ID: 3450134
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Lol Dennis I agree pick 5 is better value, but I had pick 18 because Bill O-Brien is awful at getting fair deals for Houston. The only way that Hopkins deal would be fair is if Houston acquired pick 8 from Arizona. Instead they got a 2nd round pick and a washed up veteran RB.

I think all that talk is from social media. I've been reading through all the comments of posts made by the Houston Texans official twitter account, and boy it's nasty. The hashtags #FireBillOBrien and #FireOBrien are everywhere. It's even worse than the #FireBruceAllen that went on for years by Washington fans. Fans are even telling JJ Watt to get out while he can and to join his 2 brothers at Pittsburgh, and also that Watson and co deserve so much better. There are at least 3 petitions to get O'Brien fired too Whistle

But my god, could you imagine if Miami got Watson and gave away picks 5 and 39. QB tick. RB tick. WRs tick. LBs tick. CBs tick. Kicker tick. There would only be a few areas to improve, and they could be addressed using picks 18 and 26.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 14:03 Mar23 2020 Post ID: 3450137
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I wish it would happen, but it won't. They are already looking to lock up Watson for an additional five years beyond his rookie contract.
Warrior13 Posted: 18:07 Mar23 2020 Post ID: 3450139
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Newton, Dalton and Winston are in serious trouble. The Pats added Hoyer to fill that veteran spot since they want to move forward with Stidham, and the Redskins traded for QB Allen from the Panthers. The Panthers even signed QB PJ Walker from the XFL.

At this point, looks like all three will be a backup at best. Honestly, the only place I see any of them starting for is the Jags, and they would still have to compete against Gardner.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:36 Mar23 2020 Post ID: 3450140
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Center Frederick retires. Cowboys now have another need. But they should be able to address the need in the second or even third round of the draft. CB/S/C/DE are now their biggest needs.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 23rd 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 23:26 Mar23 2020 Post ID: 3450142
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I told you Dalton was a chance to go to Jacksonville ;)

Given that Jacksonville are tanking, they won't want Winston, who could win games. He's also not the mentor Jacksonville want for Minshew. That leaves Dalton, Newton, or even god forbid Flacco.

It will be interesting what Las Vegas do with Carr. Of course all these NE moves/decisions happen on the day I do my mock (hence causing me to forget, since it hadn't been long). I'd say his only other option is LA Chargers, but they want Herbert.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 02:39 Mar24 2020 Post ID: 3450144
Sanzano
+
Kyle Allen? Not what I was hoping for, the guy wasn't even drafted he was that good. He's only going to Washington because he knows Ron Rivera's play book which is something Haskins is going to have to learn. Good news for Miami, that confirms that he Redskins are not interested in Tua, they now have three quarterbacks on their roster - Haskins, Smith, and now Allen.

I hear a rumour that he Patriots plan on tanking this year so they get Trevor Lawrence in the draft next year. Bellichick knows he can't possibly reach the Super Bowl this year as the Patriots have the hardest schedule in the league. They'll be lucky if they win five games not that they have Hoyer leading them. This is the same guy Washington got rid of last year.

Matt77 Posted: 07:19 Mar24 2020 Post ID: 3450145
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Kyle Allen isn't a bad backup at all. Looking at his stats, he had a few horrible games, but there were also a few standout games. Overall he went ok for a backup who ended up playing 13 games.

13 games, 256 yards per game, 6.8 yards per play, 62% completion, 17TDs, 16INTs, 2 rush TDs, sacked 3.5 times per game, 7 lost fumbles, 80.0 passer rating

I think NE seriously believe that Stidham is their franchise QB. I remember that he put up decent numbers in preseason. After all, they have a habit of drafting good QBs late in the draft... They will give him a prove-it year, and will know pretty quickly whether he can cope in the NFL.

And Dennis, NE do not have the hardest schedule in the league. They get to play AFC East teams in 6/16 of their games. Ok strike that, that is a tough schedule. But I don't think Belichick would ever tank. That's not his style.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:25 Mar24 2020 Post ID: 3450146
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, the Pats are going with Stidham. Hoyer is the backup. If Stidham does well, the Pats could possibly make it to the Playoffs with the expanded field. If Stidham doesn't turn out to be all that good, the Pats will have a shot at Lawrence (almost like the Colts did with Luck).
Sanzano Posted: 02:46 Mar26 2020 Post ID: 3450176
Sanzano
+
2021 mock NFL drafts are already appearing and the hot favourite to bag Trevor Lawrence is the Jacksonville Jaguars with pick 1 and the Panthers or Patriots taking Justin Fields with pick 2. Apparently those are the only three teams after this year that will be in the market for a quarterback in the draft. There is of course Pittsburgh but they are projected to finsh mid table and out of contention for the top two quarterbacks available.

Matt77 Posted: 04:39 Mar26 2020 Post ID: 3450177
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Teams that will want a new QB in 2021:
- Pittsburgh
- New England
- Indy
- Jacksonville
- Chicago
- Detroit
- Green Bay (Rodgers is getting older)
- Washington (assuming Haskins is a bust, as I sadly think he is)

Teams that are in contention to actually get Lawrence and Fields:
- Jacksonville
- Detroit
- Washington (only if Haskins flops)

Any other teams will have to trade up. Personally I can't see any other teams getting these two QBs.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:01 Mar26 2020 Post ID: 3450182
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If Jacksonville doesn't trade up for Tua and don't sign Cam/Flacco/Dalton/Winston, they are clearly Losing 4 Lawrence. Gardner did well early last year, but didn't they lose like ten straight games?
Matt77 Posted: 09:49 Mar26 2020 Post ID: 3450188
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Here are Minshew's stats:

14 games (12 starts), 234 yards per game, 7 yards per play, 60.6% completions, 21TDs, 6INTs, 7 lost fumbles, 91.2 passer rating

The consensus seemed to be that Minshew has a fumbling problem, but 5 of his 7 lost fumbles came in 2 games. In the other 12 he had just 2 lost fumbles. He only threw multiple INTs (2) in one game. His TD:INT ratio is definitely above average.

They lost 5 straight games. Game 1 he was benched, games 2 & 3 he didn't play in, and game 4 he came back in part-way through the game. He snapped the losing streak by coming back from a 3-16 deficit away from home. He got the ball back with 1 minute 44 left and lead the team on a game-winning TD drive.

Also onto a rather concerning topic, Deshaun Watson is posting cryptic tweets which could easily be interpreted to say he wants out of Houston. It could be a sly way of letting O'Brien know that he wants to be paid, or that he actually wants to leave. I say concerning, because New England are an option for his new destination if he leaves.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:18 Mar26 2020 Post ID: 3450193
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
He's under contract for like another year or two, so he has no choice but to stay unless he throws a major **** fit like Diggs and can get himself traded. Don't see that happening. Furthermore, the Texans could then Franchise Tag him three consecutive years additionally after that. He's stuck there. lol
Sanzano Posted: 02:35 Mar27 2020 Post ID: 3450208
Sanzano
+
That trade I mentioned the Texans doing with Miami is looking more and more like a possibility if DeShuan Watson continues making a noise about leaving. It's looking like Watson will go to the Patriots. This is currently what is on offer:

Patriots receive: QB Deshaun Watson, 2021 sixth-round pick

Texans receive: 2020 first-round pick, 2021 first-round pick, 2021 third-round pick, 2021 fourth-round pick, 2022 second-round pick, OG Joe Thuney

I hope it doesn't happen, it means the Patriots dominance of the league continues.

You can rest assured that the Redskins will not take Tua with pick 2, Rivera stated yesterday that Haskins is his starting quarterback and Kyle Allen has been brought in to teach him the system they want to run. Alex Smith is still trying to recover from his injury.

Matt77 Posted: 07:50 Mar27 2020 Post ID: 3450210
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Houston would never take that. Well, they shouldn't take it. Bill O'Brien will probably take it though. If Houston were to lose Watson, they would need a high 1st round pick so they they could draft his replacement either this season or next. New England's pick is pick 23 this season, and with Watson on the team, their 2021 1st round pick would be no lower than pick 20.

If a trade was to happen (unlikely), Houston would want to trade with Miami. They have picks 5, 18 and 26 in the 1st round. Only Las Vegas (12 and 19) and Jacksonville (9 and 20) have anything remotely similar in draft capital. Hypothetically Houston would offload Watson & pick 57, and get picks 5 and 18. They could use those to then trade up with Detroit to pick 3 and select Tua. Houston have zero 1st round picks in 2021 so this would be their only option. Detroit probably wouldn't want any of the packages with picks Houston would receive from LV or JAX.

Just think, Miami could have the following incomings and draft picks in the next 2 years:

2020:
Clayton Fejedelem - Special teams (Cincy)
Ereck Flowers - Guard (Washington)
Byron Jones - Cornerback (Dallas)
Shaq Lawson - Edge rusher (Buffalo)
Emmanuel Ogbah - Defensive end (Kansas)
Jordan Howard - Running back (Philly)
Kamu Grugier-Hill - Linebacker (Philly)
Elandon Roberts - Linebacker (New England)
Kyle Van Noy - Linebacker (New England)
Ted Karras - Center (New England)
Deshaun Watson - Quarterback (Houston)
Pick 26 (1st)
Pick 39 (2nd)
Pick 56 (2nd)
Pick 57 (2nd)
Pick 70 (3rd)
Pick 141 (4th)
Pick 153 (5th)
Pick 155 (5th)
Pick 174 (5th)
Pick 186 (6th)
Pick 228 (7th)
Pick 247 (7th)
Pick 252 (7th)

2021:
1st round pick
1st round pick
2nd round pick
2nd round pick
3rd round pick
4th round pick
5th round pick
6th round pick
6th round pick
6th round pick
7th round pick

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:06 Mar27 2020 Post ID: 3450218
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The NFL has permanently set the NFL Draft Dates. Commissioner Goodell sent out a memo to all owners threatening disciplinary actions towards any Owners, Executives or General Mangers that continue to openly express displeasure of not postponing the Draft.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Mar 27th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 11:59 Mar27 2020 Post ID: 3450227
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I heard that, but didn't realise it was so forceful. Thank goodness common sense prevails here. Coronavirus cannot travel through technology and wifi connection.

Just a hypothetical. Lets say the virus gets completely out of control and wipes out the entire NFL season (hopefully this is extremely unlikely), what would happen with the next draft? Would there be one? Would prospects even nominate? If they did nominate, who would get what picks?

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:08 Mar27 2020 Post ID: 3450230
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Owners need to get a grip. All they care about is the money that will be lost from the Fans that purchase tickets to the event. Everyone is still going to be watching from home.

Goodell isn't going to let the NFL Season be effected at all. However, if no NFL Season would most likely mean no College Football Season. I'm guessing they would still do next year's draft, but it would make it extremely hard.
Sanzano Posted: 14:50 Mar27 2020 Post ID: 3450234
Sanzano
+
What's with Miami picking up all those New England players.

With that draft capital the Dolphins should be a Super Bowl contender within four years providing Tua or Herbert, whichever one they get is not a bust. There's been so many highly touted quarterbacks coming out of college who had stellar careers there that ended up being busts in the NFL. Ryan Leaf and Robert Griffin III come straight to mind. If Haskins doesn't improve this year you can add him to the list along with Josh Rosen. I still think Rosen could be a success if he was given a bit more time to develop and gain confidence. I've watched footage of him and he reminds me of Doug Flutie.

Displaying Page 205 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close