Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 209 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 07:20 May07 2020 Post ID: 3450660
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Yes, I bet the Cowboys give Dalton playing time in 2020 to assess how he performs in the Cowbys offense with all those weapons around him. The only real weapon Dalton had at Cincinnati was A.J. Green, now he's got two top flight wide recievers and an elite running back there's no telling what the red rifle could accomplish with that cast around him. If Dalton performs well I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys got rid of Prescott for first or second round pick in 2021. I don't think he will be cut, the Dallas know they can get something for him.

I bet Dak is getting very nervous now considering also Cam Newton cannot find a club and he is in my opinion better than Prescott.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 12:36 May07 2020 Post ID: 3450661
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Matt: Of course you get Chase at #5 and Parsons at #14. XD

Dennis: The simulator is based on current power rankings, I believe. From the looks of most 2021 Mock Drafts, many believe the Jags, Redksins, Bengals, Panthers and Phins will all be selecting in the Top 5 (some have the Bears rather than Panthers/Bengals).
Matt77 Posted: 12:44 May07 2020 Post ID: 3450662
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I'm not sure what annoys me more. People that call Miami's over-achievement 5-11 campaign a "nightmare season" etc, or people that believe Miami will finish 5-11 again in the 2020/21 season and not improve.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 13:38 May07 2020 Post ID: 3450663
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Honestly, I don't care how well we do in 2020, especially if we let Tua sit for the entire year. Let Fitz age even more and lose us some games so we can have a better draft pick. All the guys were drafted are developmental anyways, so it's not like 2020 won't be more than a learning experience for them. Besides, we didn't draft all that many skills positions, so the players we did draft won't make that much of a difference with Fitz. I'm hoping we are competitive, but I would love to have another Top 5 Pick next year. I also want the Texans to be a dumpster fire, allowing us to have two picks in the Top 10. We could probably get Chase and Parsons, as you drafted in your simulation Matt, if that were the case. We could then get a pass rusher (if Clowney doesn't realize we're perfect for him) and a RB or another WR in Round 2 next year.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:52 May07 2020 Post ID: 3450664
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I done brokeded the Draft Simulator...

Spoiler:
click to reveal
Warrior13 Posted: 20:34 May07 2020 Post ID: 3450665
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
2020 schedules released. Dolphins are screwed.
Matt77 Posted: 00:29 May08 2020 Post ID: 3450668
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
One primetime game all season, and it's away to Jacksonville...

Oh well, at least we got a late bye.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 01:15 May08 2020 Post ID: 3450669
Sanzano
+
Did you guys know that months before he tranferred to LSU Joe Burrow was at Ohio State where he got beaten out for the job of starting quarterback by Dwayne Haskins who is younger than him?

'During that spring, the Buckeyes had an open quarterback competition, and current Redskins quarterback Dwayne Haskins beat out Burrow for the job'.

I hope Burrow has a better start in the NFL than Haskins otherwise he is going to get crucified by the press.

Looks like the Ravens will be in the Super Bowl next year, they've been given the easiest schedule in the NFL. Patriots are going to struggle, looks like they will be getting Lawrence or Fields in next year's draft. Stidwell or whatever his name is is just being thrown into the deep end. He hasn't got a prayer.

« Last edited by Sanzano on May 8th 2020 »

Matt77 Posted: 02:08 May08 2020 Post ID: 3450670
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The worry for Burrow is that he reverts to his old self. Before the 2019/20 season, he was projected to be a 4th round pick. He'll be joining a Cincinnati team that went 2-14 (including a 0-13 start) under a Pro Bowl QB and underrated RB. That speaks volumes at how bad the rest of the team is.

Look for Baltimore or San Francisco to flop next season. Usually there is a good team that does horribly after doing well the previous season. Think of Carolina when they went from a 15-1 record to a 6-10 one the next season. Arizona also went from making the NFC Championship game, to missing playoffs entirely that next season. Then the next season Atlanta went from a 28-3 lead in the Superbowl to the 6th seed the next year. Then Philly went from winning the SB to barely scraping in as the 6th seed. Jacksonville also went from a 20-10 AFC Championship lead, to missing playoffs completely the next season. The next season LA Rams went from the Superbowl to missing playoffs altogether.

I could go on and on. Basically, one of the 4 Conference Championship teams WILL flop this season. It happens every time. Last year I wrote that I thought either Kansas City or LA Rams would flop, and was proved right. So Kansas City, San Francisco, Tennessee, & Green Bay better watch out.

My candidate is San Francisco. In a similar way that Atlanta and Jacksonville lost while having significant leads, SF had that 20-10 4th quarter lead. They've also had a fair few retirements/trades. Plus, they're in the toughest division in the NFL.

As for Baltimore, Lamar Jackson is 0-2 in the playoffs, and Baltimore have been beaten in both HOME games by scores of 17-23 (3-23 before garbage time) and 12-28 (were the #1 seed facing the #6 seed). Baltimore and Jackson need to prove that they can handle the pressure.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 06:10 May08 2020 Post ID: 3450671
Sanzano
+
Yes, I think you are right Matt, recently it seems to be the team that lost the Super Bowl which has a disappointing following year. Rams, Eagles, and Falcons come straight to mind. Which as you suggest would mean it's San Francisco's turn this year. Two things why I personally think it will be the 49rs, first they have lost a couple of key personnel and the team will not have confidence in Garapollo.

During the 80's it was the team that lost the championship game which would come roaring back and win the Super Bowl the following year. Giants, Bears, and 49rs come straight to mind. Doesn't happen now for some reason, it's almost as if teams have one opportunity (unless you are the Patriots) to win the big game and then you team gets ripped apart by free agency.

Still no movement with Clowney, Prescot, or Newton.

Matt77 Posted: 06:55 May08 2020 Post ID: 3450678
Matt77
The Chosen One
+

Justin Fields fell so far that I couldn't pass him up ViolinViolinViolin

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 07:34 May08 2020 Post ID: 3450679
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: We don't need any prime time games with the third toughest schedule (only two games difference between having the toughest schedule of all). Honestly, we'll be lucky to go 6-10, and that's only if we split with the Bills, Jets & and Pats. I don't think it will happen, but we could honestly lose every single game. Top 5 Pick - Here we come!

Flip Fields for a 2022 1st Rounder! XD

Dennis: Newton won't be signed until someone can give him a physical. Clowney has no pressure to sign now that the draft is over; someone will sign him over Summer. Dak has until the Tag Deadline to sign a long term deal, which is like in July. No rush for any of them.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on May 8th 2020 »
Warrior13 Posted: 10:09 May08 2020 Post ID: 3450680
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Broke the simulator again...

Be the Jags. Phins will trade you all of their 2021 Picks for #1. Browns will trade you their first five 2021 Picks for #5. Chiefs will trade you all of their 2021 Picks for #16.

Got Fields at #14, the first of 27 Picks!!!
Matt77 Posted: 10:46 May08 2020 Post ID: 3450681
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Yeah, at first glance I had us going 2-14, despite the fact that we're a much better team than last year. It's probably a bit better than 2-14 in reality, but we better sit Tua and write-off this season.

The problem though is that if we lose our first few games, the media and the NFL will put pressure on Miami to bench Fitz and start Tua early. Remember last season the NFL were about to start investigating us for tanking, and vola we suddenly started Rosen. Zero teams can escape not starting their rookie QB early when losing. It happens every time sadly, and there will be no exception. We'll see Tua start at some point in the first half of the season.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 11:56 May08 2020 Post ID: 3450682
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
We must redshirt Tua this year. Flores needs to tell him straight up that he won't be playing this year, no matter if he's good to go.

2-14 seems likely. 6-10 is best possible outcome.

We're screwed from the start. AT Patriots?!? Are you kidding me? The only bigger screwjob Week 1 is Brady having to face AT Saints.
Matt77 Posted: 12:27 May08 2020 Post ID: 3450683
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Jacksonville have signed Mike Glennon as Gardner Minshew's backup. Minshew Mania is lasting 16 games this season, that's for sure.

Also in the past few days, NE have said they are still open to bringing in another QB.

It is almost a certainty now. And I don't need to mention what 'it' is.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 12:46 May09 2020 Post ID: 3450710
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Found a 2020/2021 NFL Schedule Simulator. You get to pick every single game. I just went with my gut based upon current teams. Here's how my initial run through panned out...

2020/2021 Overall Records:
AFC North
Ravens 14-2
Browns 12-4
Steelers 11-5
Bengals 2-14

AFC South
Texans 11-5
Titans 10-6
Colts 5-11
Jaguars 1-15

AFC East
Bills 9-7
Patriots 6-10
Dolphins 4-12
Jets 3-13

AFC West
Chiefs 14-2
Raiders 7-9
Broncos 6-10
Chargers 4-12

NFC North
Vikings 10-6
Packers 10-6
Bears 5-11
Lions 5-11

NFC South
Buccaneers 13-3
Saints 12-4
Falcons 9-7
Panthers 9-7

NFC East
Cowboys 12-4
Eagles 10-6
Giants 3-13
Redskins 1-15

NFC West
49ers 13-3
Seahawks 12-4
Rams 7-9
Cardinals 6-10

2021 Playoffs:
Wild Card Round
Steelers (6) AT Texans (3)
Titans (7) AT Chiefs (2)
Browns (5) AT Bills (4)
Seahawks (6) AT Cowboys (3)
Packers (7) AT 49ers (2)
Saints (5) AT Vikings (4)

Divisional Round
Steelers (6) AT Ravens (1)
Bills (4) AT Chiefs (2)
Saints (5) AT Buccaneers (1)
Cowboys (3) AT 49ers (2)

Conference Championships
Chiefs (2) AT Ravens (1)
49ers (2) AT Buccaneers (1)

Super Bowl
Chiefs VS Buccaneers

2021 Draft Order:
1.Jacksonville Jaguars
2.Washington Redskins
3.Cincinnati Bengals
4.New York Jets
5.New York Giants
6.Miami Dolphins
7.Los Angeles Chargers
8.Indianapolis Colts
9.Detroit Lions
10.Chicago Bears
11.New England Patriots
12.Arizona Cardinals
13.Denver Broncos
14.Los Angeles Rams
15.Las Vegas Raiders
16.Carolina Panthers
17.Atlanta Falcons
18.Philadelphia Eagles
19.Tennessee Titans
20.Green Bay Packers
21.Minnesota Vikings
22.Houston Texans
23.Cleveland Browns
24.Seattle Seahawks
25.Buffalo Bills
26.Pittsburgh Steelers
27.Dallas Cowboys
28.New Orleans Saints
29.San Francisco 49ers
30.Baltimore Ravens
31.Tampa Bay Buccaneers
32.Kansas City Chiefs

Here's the simulator if you guys are interested
Matt77 Posted: 21:24 May09 2020 Post ID: 3450727
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Like: Indy at 5-11 (Rivers is overrated af) & NY Jets at 3-13 (Adam Gase)

Don't like: New England at 6-10 (they may win the division), Cleveland at 12-4 (overrated, and play Baltimore & Pittsburgh 4 times combined), Washington at 1-15 (they are not winning only 1 game)

Loathe: Carolina at 9-7 (they are going at best 1-5 in that division, which would mean they need an 8-2 non-divisional record. Considering the season they just had, that is almost impossible)

I don't think I'll have time to do the whole thing, but I'll do one without W-L records:

2020/2021 Overall Records:
AFC East
Bills
Patriots
Jets
Dolphins

AFC North
Ravens
Steelers
Browns
Bengals

AFC South
Texans
Titans
Colts
Jaguars

AFC West
Chiefs
Broncos
Raiders
Chargers

---------------------

NFC East
Cowboys
Eagles
Giants
Redskins

NFC North
Packers
Vikings
Bears
Lions

NFC South
Buccaneers
Saints
Falcons
Panthers

NFC West
Seahawks
49ers
Cardinals
Rams

2021 Playoffs:
Wild Card Round
New England (7) @ Baltimore (2)
Tennessee (6) @ Houston (3)
Pittsburgh (5) @ Buffalo (4)

Minnesota (7) @ Tampa Bay (2)
San Francisco (6) @ Seattle (3)
New Orleans (5) @ Green Bay (4)

Divisional Round
Pittsburgh (5) @ Kansas City (1)
Houston (3) @ Baltimore (2)

New Orleans (5) @ Dallas (1)
Seattle (3) @ Tampa Bay (2)

Conference Championships
Baltimore (2) @ Kansas City (1)
New Orleans (5) @ Seattle (3)

Super Bowl
Kansas City (1) vs Seattle (3)

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 04:15 May10 2020 Post ID: 3450736
Sanzano
+
Unnamed coaches around the league are saying that if the Las Vegas Raiders were to have signed Cam Newton they would be a serious threat in the playoffs with the possibility of going all the way. The problem though is the Raiders have now signed Marcus Mariota so he is unlikely to go there. I wonder what Jon Gruden thinks about these other NFL coaches double guessing him.

Tom Brady and the Buccaneers against Brees and the Saints in week 1. I can't wait for that one. I'll be rooting for the Bucs. I expect the Saints to win seeing as they are at home, could be interesting though if it is close.

You guys probably won't agree with me but I take Miami to upset the Patriots and for the story to be the main headline the following day. Team morale right now must be a lot higher at the Dolphins ground than it is at the Patriots. New England have just lost the greatest quarterback to ever play the game while the Dolphins have picked up a rookie who they expect to be the next Dan Marino, that organisation is buzzing with excitement and expectation. I take Fitzgerald to do his magic and pull off an upset.

Redskins 1-15 Warrior13. Really? I have them winning about four games. I won't be too upset if it is 1-15 though as it means we'll have Trevor Lawerence or Justin Fields if the Jaguars don't win a game.

« Last edited by Sanzano on May 10th 2020 »

Matt77 Posted: 05:15 May10 2020 Post ID: 3450737
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Cam Newton would've had little chance of success with Las Vegas. Their defense is a major issue, and they reached for Damon Arnette (boom or bust) in the 1st round. Las Vegas are overrated due to the media's love affair with the city of Las Vegas, and with Jon Gruden. If Carr can't get them playoffs, neither can Newton.

It's not such a bold prediction Dennis. In Miami's last game, they upset Brady and NE 27-24 away from home and took away their 1st week bye, despite having one of the worst rosters in NFL history. Now they'll return to the same venue with a better team, and will play a weakened NE team. Logic says it's a 50/50 game, but the pessimistic side of me can't see NE losing too many games this season.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 209 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close