Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

NFL - Discussion Thread

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 212 of 217
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 01:53 May24 2020 Post ID: 3450948
Matt77
Tua SZN
Post Likes: 272
+
Passing up a chance to trash talk Dallas? No way hose Cool

Ok, lets have answers to these questions. Answer as many of them as you both want:

1. MVP?
2. Player to have a breakout year?
3. Player to have a breakout year on your team?
4. Who will perform better this season; Burrow, Tua, or Herbert?
5. Who will be the best rookie RB?
6. Who will be the best rookie WR?
7. Who will be a surprise packet from the 2nd-4th rounds of the draft?
8. Which team is most likely to go from worst to first?
9. Without games predictions, who will be the two SB teams?
10. At the beginning of the season, which QB will be the highest paid QB in the league?
11. Which team will be a surprise packet?
12. Which team will fail to live up to expectations?
13. Headline we will see?
14. Headline we won't see?
15. Bold prediction #1?
16. Bold prediction #2?
17. Bold prediction #3?

1 - Russel Wilson
2 - Drew Lock
3 - Jakeem Grant
4 - Joe Burrow
5 - D'Andre Swift
6 - Jerry Jeudy
7 - Marlon Davidson
8 - Miami
9 - Kansas City v Tampa Bay
10 - Patrick Mahomes
11 - Denver
12 - San Francisco
13 - Pat Mahomes signs 5-year $200M deal, only weeks after Dak Prescott's mammoth contract
14 - "I got it wrong" - Texans coach O'Brien admits responsibility for mind-numbing DeAndre Hopkins trade
15 - Dwayne Haskins throws 25TDs, and the Washington D-line causes enough havoc to lead them into the playoffs
16 - Pittsburgh achieve eight 4th quarter comebacks this season, including twice coming back from 14-point deficits against Cincinatti
17 - It will be announced that another team is moving cities

« Last edited by Matt77 on May 24th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 03:21 May24 2020 Post ID: 3450949
Sanzano
Post Likes: 72
+
I have no idea about any of the players who will be in next years NFL draft except the two top quarterbacks and Penei Sewell the offensive lineman I'm hoping Washington will be in a positon to draft. It[s not until the Redskins have been eliminated from the competition that I start looking more closely at the draft. At the moment I am focussing on the NFL season.

1) MVP: Russell Wilson or Tom Brady if he leads the Bucs deep into the playoffs.
2) Derrius Guice if he syays healthy, people forget lots of analysts had him going above Barkley in the draft.
3) Dwayne Haskins, reports are coming in saying he has been looking spectacular in practice now that he is being properly groomed for the job.
4) Has to be Herbert, Tua won't see a full season and Burrow is going to get exposed.
5) Antonio Gibson, won't even be close.
6) Antonio Gandy-Golden will emerge as the steal of the draft.
7) Antonio Gibson, he is the next Christian McCaffery.
8) Miami, without a shadow of a doubt.
9) Baltimore Ravens v New Orleans Saints
10) Patrick Mahomes, Prescot will be franchised tag this year and traded at the end of the season one the Cowboys are confident Dalton can take over.
11) Denver, they've been quietly putting together a good team. Jerry Juedy will be an elite reciever and put up big numbers, the next Julio Jones.
12) San Francisco, they've lost a couple of key pieces and team does not have confidence in Garapollo. I wouldn't be surprised if Prescot is traded there at the end of next season.
13) Dalton's Cowboys reach the playoffs
14) Belichick admitting he made a mistake trading Brady.
15) Miami win the AFC East.
16) Chase Young rookie of the year
17) Washington Redskins record most team sacks in league.

« Last edited by Sanzano on May 24th 2020 »

Matt77 Posted: 07:31 May24 2020 Post ID: 3450959
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
Great minds think alike ;)

Although Chase Young winning DROTY isn't that bold of a prediction. I can see that as a decent possibility.

I have to laugh with the Dalton predictions. I don't think it will happen, but oh my it would be hilarious if it did. I'm hoping that Philly start the season well and get ahead of Dallas, and that Dallas start panicking. Dallas have a top-5 roster and should be a Superbowl contender, so they won't want to waste time while they have the team they do.

« Last edited by Matt77 on May 24th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 08:30 May24 2020 Post ID: 3450960
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,040
+
1) Brady. Due to better stats, age and leaving Pats.
2) Kyler Murray. Could make a huge leap.
3) Breida. Not many options here.
4) Clearly Burrow. Has had playbook for months. Also has Green, Boyd, Higgens, Ross and Mixon.
5) Jonathan Taylor. Best O-Line for any rookie RB.
6) Lamb. Broncos have too many options. Not sure Ruggs will pan out with Carr.
7) A.J. Espenesa. Enjoy Phins.
8) Would say Gaints, but they weren't worst. Probs Lions since Phins aren't winning more than 6 games.
9) Early Prediction: Chiefs & Bucs. Could change.
10) Mahomes. If Cowboys were smart, they'd ink Dak now before price goes up.
11) Colts if Rivers can manage the ball. Jets if Bills stumble as favorites.
12) Ravens if Jackson takes a step back. Bills if they crumble under expectations.
13) Bucs & Saints each score 60+ in Week 1 Matchup if no fans in stadium.
14) Jags go winless.
15) Giants make Playoffs.
16) NFC South Winner at 10-6.
17) Texans crumble and Phins get freebie Top 10 2021 Pick.
Matt77 Posted: 11:52 May24 2020 Post ID: 3450961
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
I clicked but it didn't register so when I backspaced it annoyingly (it happens a lot) took me back and I lost my post. It wasn't too long, but I can't be bothered repeating. Plus I can't remember everything. Just that your answers are very good apart from Detroit having the best chance of going worst to first.

Oh, that's right. I asked, why teams would score more without fans?

Now onto the part I hadn't yet written. I'm looking at Miami's upcoming season as a pessimist, and that's why I have us going 3-13. But it seems you're looking at it as a realist. Which is confusing. Probably at least 80% of Miami fans online think that we will finish 8-8 at a minimum. About half think we may make playoffs. I get that many fans believe the hype too much, but the sheer proportion of fans thinking we will do well can't be ignored. I have also seen zero predictions below 6-10.

Remember, we have these additions coming in:
Byron Jones
Kyle Van Noy
Jordan Howard
Emmanuel Ogbah
Shaq Lawson
Ereck Flowers
Ted Karras
Elandon Roberts
Tua Tagovailoa
Austin Jackson
Noah Igbinoghene
Robert Hunt
Raekwon Davis
Brandon Jones
Solomon Kindley
Matt Breida
Jason Strowbridge
Curtis Weaver

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:39 May25 2020 Post ID: 3450973
Sanzano
+
That's almost literally half a whole new team. The Dolphins should be able to upset a few teams early doors as the opposition will not no what to expect.

Good point about Mahomes and Dak and their contracts. Mahomes agent is keeping very quiet at the moment, privately hoping Dak get his contract as that gives him leverage for negotiating for his client who is the clearly superior quarterback. We could see the first 200 million dollar quarterback the way things are going which would be what Mahomes would be worth if Prescott gets is contract.

Tua got a good deal from the Dolphins considering he is a rooki. He signed a four-year, $30.3 million contract with a signing bonus of $19.8 million. Like all contracts for first-round picks, it carries a fifth-year option. Miami better make the most of him during the next five years as his contract could eclipse even Mahomes if he turns out to be as good as what Dolphins are hoping for.

Matt77 Posted: 02:13 May25 2020 Post ID: 3450974
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
Of the new signings with a chance to make an impact, you're right, you could make a big proportion of a team:
QB - Tua
RBs - Howard and Breida
WRs - None
TE - None
OTs - Karras, Jackson, and Hunt
G - Flowers and Kindley
CBs - By.Jones and Igbinoghene
LBs - Van Noy and Roberts
S - Br.Jones
DTs - Raekwon Davis
DEs - Ogbah, Lawson, Strowbridge, and Weaver

« Last edited by Matt77 on May 25th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:49 May25 2020 Post ID: 3450975
Sanzano
+
I just worry for Dolphins fans. I remember when the Redskins gave up the farm for Robert Griffin III. At the time he was the Heisman trophy winner and everyone was saying he was going to be the saviour for the Washington Redskins. You couldn't argue with these assumptions as his college reel was just spectacular, the guy looked like a Michael Vick clone. I was excited, I couldn't wait for the season to begin. He started off well then after one season it went horribly wrong, because of an injury. I hope the Miami management look at what happened to RGIII and protect the guy and more importantly groom him correctly like Kansas did with Mahomes sitting behind a veteran for a year. I Tua is thrown into games early because of fan pressure it will be a disaster. Even the great Dan Marino sat behind a veteran for half a season to learn the ropes.

Warrior13 Posted: 07:32 May25 2020 Post ID: 3450976
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Detroit is way more likely to go from worst to first than Miami. The Phins will be going between 2-14 to 6-10. If Stafford can stay healthy, they will be in the Playoff Hunt since seven teams now get in on each side. Stafford actually has a good RB now.

Dennis: All of the Rookie Contracts for the 1st Round are preset by pick number under the current CBA. The 1st Overall can only make a certain amount, and then 2nd Overall makes a little less (still preset amount) and so forth. Tua is making a tad less than Andrew Thomas of the Giants, but a little more than Justin Herbert of the Chargers.
Sanzano Posted: 07:54 May25 2020 Post ID: 3450977
Sanzano
+
Lol, I didn't know that Warrior13. I thought each rookie came to personal terms with the club that drafted them. I guess that's why the likes of Warren Sapp and Aaron Rogers looked so annoyed on draft day as they tumbled down. Each time they were overlooked it was costing them thousands of dollars in lost wages.

Makes you wonder how long it will be before teams are made up of players that have been in the league less than four years with highly paid veteran superstars only at the skill positions. Looks like Dallas are already heading that way if they pay Prescott. I hope the Cowboys tell Dak to f-off otherwise that greedy bugger will ruin the chances of the less glamourous positions on the team getting decent money.

Matt77 Posted: 10:28 May25 2020 Post ID: 3450979
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
Warrior - Detroit are likely going 2-4 at best in their division. I can't see them getting anything from Green Bay x2 and Minnesota x2. I'd guess the NFC North winner will have to be at least 10-6. That means Detroit going 8-2 in their non-divisional games.
Miami meanwhile, could win the division with a 9-7 record, and could go 5-1 at best in the division, meaning only a 4-6 non-divisional record.

Dennis - I watched some RG3 highlights, and from such a small sample size I can see why Washington gave up so much for him. You're right - better management of him could've saved his career. Baltimore were much better, since they gave Jackson half a season to develop (and planned for it to be the entire season). Getting RG3 in to be Jackson's backup was perfect too, since he can tell Jackson what not to do if he wants to stay injury-free.

I looked at RG3's Week 17 stats when Baltimore played a Pittsburgh team that would make playoffs with a win. His passing game was awful (11/21 for 96 yards & 1INT), but he managed to rush 8 times for 50 yards. Still, it's a far cry to what he used to be.

If Lamar Jackson gets injured and tears his ACL, mark my words, his career is over. He has to be SO careful.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 18:20 May25 2020 Post ID: 3450988
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: The Phins aren't going 5-1 in the division. At best, they'll go 3-3, which would most likely see them being the aforementioned 6-10 at max. If the Lions can stay healthy, they will be better than last year. Do remember that they started 2-0-1 last year. They can easily sweep the Bears this year, and if they split with the Vikes and Packers, that will see them 4-2 in the Division. They also get to play the Jags and Redskins this year. I don't think they will win the division, but they could and probably will be (depending on Stafford's health) in the Wild Card Hunt. The same cannot be said for the Phins.

Dennis: There use to be no limits on Rookie Contracts. But after Sam Bradford was a bust and ended up earning over 100 million in guaranteed money during his career, the CBA was changed to limit Rookie Contracts. This is why most teams like to invest in a Rookie QB and build the remainder of their roster in order to make deep playoff runs. Rams did it with Goeff a few years back, and the Ravens and Chiefs did and are currently doing it with Jackson and Mahomes, respectively.
Matt77 Posted: 01:02 May26 2020 Post ID: 3450992
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
If Stidham is a bust, we can sweep New England. There's also a chance we can sweep NY Jets, as long as they continue their mediocrity. Getting a win over Buffalo will be hard, but if we are at home and Allen has one of his off days, there's a chance. QB with poor accuracy vs one of the best CB groups in the NFL = Potential for INTs.

I do remember Detroit's start. But after that start, they went 1-12 in their final 13 games. Yes Stafford got injured soon after that start, but the rest of the team remained. Detroit have a habit of having good seasons or good starts, but just falling short. Remember a few seasons ago when Detroit were almost guaranteed the division title, but choked horribly and lost their last few games, including getting thrashed by a no-motivation Dallas team? I've learned never to trust them. I can't see the Same Old Lions beating not one, but two good teams to the division title.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:29 May26 2020 Post ID: 3451000
Sanzano
+
A lot is riding on Stidham for Belichick's reputation. If the guy is a bust Belichick isn't going to hear the last of it especially if Brady has a deep playoff run with the Bucs. Who remembers George Seifert of the 49rs. The guy won a Super Bowl and 6 division championships with San Francisco. Everyone said he was a sure shot hall of famer. He goes to Carolina and puts up a dismal 16-32 record and he is now a footnote in NFL history, forever in the shadow of Bill Walsh. Seifert was 98-30 with the 49rs. Basically the guy wasn't so good without Montana and Young. Is the same going to happen to Belichick?

Matt77 Posted: 03:02 May26 2020 Post ID: 3451001
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
I think Belichick's overall reputation will be fine. Didn't he win a Superbowl with NY Giants before switching to NE? And there was that 2008 season when Brady tore his ACL in Week 1 and Matt Cassel was the starter, and NE finished with an 11-5 record. But that was because from all accounts Cassel went ok that season, and even though Brady had a poor season for his standards in 2019/20, he still kept the offense moving and didn't throw many INTs. But if Stidham is a bust then Belichick will be under pressure, and when he begins working with a 1st round rookie in 2021/22, he'll have to hope they aren't a bust too.

« Last edited by Matt77 on May 26th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 07:49 May26 2020 Post ID: 3451004
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: The Dolphins will not be sweeping the Pats or Jets. They'll be losing to New England Week 1. Best case is they split with each divisional foe, which would give us a chance at going 6-10. Fitz has aged another year. The offense really didn't get any better in terms of key positions. Breida and Howard will make a nice one-two punch for this year (and only this year), but they aren't superstars. We didn't really add any WRs either, which basically means Fitz will be playing with practically the same offense while being a year older. Couple this with the third toughest schedule and this year is a complete wash. The only reason I'm willing to go even as high as six wins is because of Flores, but I don't see even that happening.
Matt77 Posted: 08:45 May26 2020 Post ID: 3451005
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
You're underestimating our offense. Breida is an underrated player when injury-free, and Howard is an underachiever who has a lot more potential than he has shown in recent times. Your "and only this year" comment I assume means you think Howard will be cut at the end of the season, because Breida is here to stay for sure. And our WR group is underrated. I don't know why people thought we needed to draft one. I admit when San Francisco passed on a WR I immediately started praying for Jeudy, and then for Lamb, but they would've been a luxury player. Parker made over 1,000 yards under a 35-year old backup QB, Preston Williams was looking like a franchise WR until his ACL injury, Albert Wilson was looking like a star before his season-ending injury 2 seasons ago, and Jakeem Grant hasn't reached his potential yet. Not to mention Mike Gesicki's under-the-radar improvement.

I read an article the other day which basically said Miami's entire WR group is boom or bust. Which is fair. But there is HUGE upside. If they bust, then we simply draft a WR with a top-10 pick like we are projected to.

To me the fact we have the 3rd toughest schedule is cancelled out by the fact we are in a fairly soft division atm. I trust Miami over the Same Old Lions. I also trust Josh Allen to win a division far less than I trust Aaron Rodgers.

Jimo Dashen, you must concede defeat in this argument. After all, I swept you 3-0 in our recent competitions
ViolinViolinViolin

Jk

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:16 May26 2020 Post ID: 3451006
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
You do realize you had the Phins going 3-13 through your simulation, right? XD

We ain't doing nothing this year. Between 2-14 and 6-10. Mark it down.

Unless Stafford gets hurt, the Lions will have a much better record than the Phins. Mark it down.

Anything else I need to "Mark It Down" for you? :P

On a side note... If one were to bet $100 on the Giants winning the Super Bowl this year and they actually manage to do so, said individual would earn $14,500... Just something to think about. ;)

« Last edited by Warrior13 on May 26th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 10:29 May26 2020 Post ID: 3451007
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
In my simulation I had both Miami AND Detroit finishing with 3-13 records.

...ffs my draft order had Detroit ahead ;_;

All I'll say is have a look at Miami fans on Twitter. They are super optimistic. From what I've seen, the average prediction record is about 8-8, and ranges from about 6-10 to 11-5. I think we have a better chance of winning a division than Detroit, but I don't actually think we will win the division. It's that I think Detroit are less likely than us. But I am more pessimistic than the average Miami fan.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 11:25 May26 2020 Post ID: 3451009
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Miami ain't winning no eight games. Six is a stretch.

Probably fans that think Tua is playing. But he ain't gonna.
Displaying Page 212 of 217
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close