Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 214 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 02:46 Jun05 2020 Post ID: 3451220
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
His apology seemed sincere, but this is the problem:

In his interview 2 days ago - "I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country."

Yesterday - "This is where I stand: I stand with the black community in the fight against systemic racial injustice and police brutality and support the creation of real policy change that will make a difference."

Brees is going to have to some serious @ss-kissing now. Probably right up until the start of the new season. Regardless of anyone's view on the matter, there is a large number of people who are not happy with Brees. Especially given that Michael Thomas, who we know well from his hissy fit over DeVante Parker replying "A" to a poll, is one of the teammates that criticised Brees.

EDIT - Still can't believe the word a.ss is censored on here...

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jun 5th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 04:08 Jun05 2020 Post ID: 3451221
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I bet Drew Brees wishes he kept his mouth shut big time. He has signed to play for two more seasons with the Saints and had a lucrative eight figure deal waiting for him to be an anaylst on one of the big broadcasting companies when his NFL career is over. No way in this world does he get that job now. There's even speculation he will not even return to play another NFL game. The number 1 reciever and defensive leader of the team are both not happy with him. Reports are saying he may just walk away from the game to save himself a load of grief. Unbelievable, the Buccaneers being division champs now looks like an easy bet.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:20 Jun05 2020 Post ID: 3451223
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I don't get why people these days are so quick to change their personal views based on the opinions of others. Brees should've just stood by his original comments. Okay, the guy didn't agree with Kapernick. Guess what? A LOT of people didn't. Too much conformism these days. Let people think and feel how they want. It doesn't make them wrong, it just means people disagree.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jun 5th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 08:34 Jun05 2020 Post ID: 3451224
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior - He changed it because he realised that the majority of players and journalists within the NFL were against his comments, due to the recent protests. Also based on the fact some of his teammates criticised him. Regardless of what the correct view on this issue is, Brees would've been cancelled by the media and general public if he stood by his comments. That's cancel culture. He had no choice but to change his view (supposedly), otherwise he would've faced a similar consequence that Kaepernick did when he made his particular comments in 2016.

Dennis - Brees will be fine in the long-trm. The panic apology will look bad to begin with, but all he has to do is wait it out, and someone else will cause a media stir and take all the attention away from Brees. Over time he'll also make comments and actions that reinforce his 'newfound belief'. So he'll be fine post-retirement. The question will be whether his teammates buy his apology. I think they will, but nothing's certain with Michael Thomas.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jun 5th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 15:29 Jun05 2020 Post ID: 3451238
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Nothing would've happened to Brees. Unlike Kaepernick, he has actual talent. Brees still would've played another year or so before retiring.
Matt77 Posted: 20:56 Jun05 2020 Post ID: 3451240
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
... Michael Thomas, at least, would've asked for a trade immediately. There was massive backlash when Kaepernick made his comments and protest about police brutality. Brees also faced massive backlash with his comments. Now Brees wouldn't have lost his job, but there would've been serious consequences.

Anyway, his teammates have accepted his apology. He's successfully avoided that drama.

Kaepernick's stats aren't that bad. 72TDs, 30INTs, 60% accuracy, 7.3 yards per play, 87.8 passer rating. He should be in the league as one of the better backups.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 05:56 Jun06 2020 Post ID: 3451241
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I seriously doubt Thomas would've demanded a trade. Even if he did, no team would've traded for him. He's a bit of a head case, and every knows his numbers wouldn't be what they are without Brees (thus making him not worth his contract on basically 90% of the other teams).

I do find it funny that Brees is now trying to tell Trump that the kneeling was never about the flag. Dude, you still have the taste of shoe leather in your mouth from having your foot in the same not even twenty four hours ago about the issue. You don't have the latitude to be talking about it to anyone. If anything, now you're making yourself look even worse. XD
Matt77 Posted: 06:30 Jun06 2020 Post ID: 3451242
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Given that he attacked DeVante Parker for voting "A" in a poll and respecting Stephon Gilmore, anything is possible with that guy. I never said he would have been successful with a trade; just that he may've asked for one.

Just as Brees thought he escaped, Trump pulled him back into the crapstorm and tweeted that he supports Brees's initial views on the anthem and flag. At least the NFL offseason has become entertaining again Rock

Had to give a like because of the shoe leather comment... xD

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jun 6th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:32 Jun06 2020 Post ID: 3451249
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I deserve a like every now and then. ;)

It's not really that entertaining. Politics make sports bleh.

I just want life to proceed. Covid 19 hysteria dies. Peaceful protest drama eventual ends. Trump reelected. Democratic backlash before later acceptance. FOOTBALL.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jun 6th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 12:01 Jun06 2020 Post ID: 3451257
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
No one likes my posts :(

I'd prefer sports politics over zero NFL talk whatsoever. I'll take anything during these dead months...

I want 3 of those 5 things to happen. The fourth will probably happen sadly. No way the fifth does though. And you should know exactly what I'm referring to ;)

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 15:47 Jun06 2020 Post ID: 3451259
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
They'll accept it simply because they will know he's out after just four short years. ;)

And they'll start grooming their true next heir apparent. Biden is nothing since they know they are likely to lose with him. I'm guessing they'll try to get Mrs. Obama to run. Just a hunch.
Matt77 Posted: 02:19 Jun07 2020 Post ID: 3451264
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Michelle doesn't want to go into politics. The Democrats will have to work very hard to convince her to run. After all, they wanted her for 2020. I don't see who they can find, so they'll probably go back to a previous candidate in a similar way that they went back to Hillary after her 2008 failure. Bernie is done since he's failed twice and is getting even older. Bloomberg's pitch was nothing short of a disaster. My best guess would be Warren or Mayor Pete. If either went up against Pence (who will surely be the next Republican candidate) it would be spicy to say the least...

Politics make sports bleh.

...and now we're talking politics in an NFL discussion thread...

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:28 Jun07 2020 Post ID: 3451265
Sanzano
+
Of course the Saints players are prepared to forget about Brees comments. He's the most accureate passer the NFL has ever seen and each of those players wants a Super Bowl ring and they know Brees leading them is the best chance they have of getting one.

Is Trump really going to get re-elected after the way he has handled these riots. The guy is the wrong person leading the US, he has no people skills. He just makes bad situations worse.

Warrior13 Posted: 07:45 Jun07 2020 Post ID: 3451267
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Only five incumbent presidents have ever lost. That stat alone says Trump has an 89% chance to be reelected.

He actually isn't all that bad. Each president does about the same in terms of good and bad, and Trump is no exception to the rule. Do we honestly think Hilary Clinton would be doing any better at this point? You can't control an illness suddenly becoming relevant no more than you can a murder through excessive force. Things happen when you're in charge, and you have to do your best to control and mitigate the situation. Trump has already stated that he is fine with peaceful protests, but, of course, he has to send out troops for the characters wishing to go beyond that. It's life.
Matt77 Posted: 23:30 Jun07 2020 Post ID: 3451276
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
tl;dr - The Republican government isn't doing that bad, but Trump is beyond incompetent.

Trump had the potential to be a good President. But his idiocy ruined his chances. In what world does a President spend all day tweeting and retweeting. I mean, what does a tweet that simply says "CHINA!" accomplish? Also him repeating "FAKE NEWS!" and "LAW & ORDER!"? That's to go with comments like "the Radical Left", "the Lamestream Media", and "Sleepy Joe". That is not a President.

It's clear that Trump was warned about the virus very early. I can understand him not taking action in January since the recommendations were that it would be fine, but when he was properly warned, he simply said it was a Democratic hoax, and would "go away like a miracle". Not to mention saying "I take no responsibility at all", when in 2014 he tweeted that a President has to take responsibility for everything, whether or not they are at fault.

The US election is quite simple. At the moment, Trump will win. However, if Americans decide to go out and vote in numbers higher than 50%, Biden will probably win. The question is how lazy will Americans be?

As for the NFL, there's still no apology from the NFL to Kaepernick. They're probably carefully planning each word so that they don't get it wrong. People have also pointed out that unsurprisingly, there has been no comment from Jerry Jones.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 07:25 Jun08 2020 Post ID: 3451295
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Trump has people that tweet for him. lol

It's also been proven in various new paper articles, including liberal ones, that Trump started prepping and warning about Covid going back to the end of December. The democrats were the ones that kept saying it was of no concern until it erupted. Even that top doctor that Trump hired to be the head of the Covid advisory board was on camera saying Covid wasn't going to be some big thing back in January. Research.

No one that voted for Trump the first time around will go against him. His followers are devote. I think Trump will win simply because the Bernie Supporters will most likely vote for Trump or not vote at all. They are sick and tired of the democrats screwing over Bernie time and time again, especially when Bernie tries to be a friend towards all his opponents. He was killing it early in the democratic primaries, and then suddenly dementia Joe Biden comes out of no where and starts winning? Nah. Obama wouldn't even back Biden, his former VP, until it was a lock that he would be going against Trump.

The NFL doesn't have to do anything with Kaepernick. Dude is a flipping head case. He had so much potential at one point, but then he got in his own head. His numbers might say backup, but his mentality drops him out of the NFL. There have been plenty of players like this in the past. People can try to blame his supposed cause for him being supposedly blacklisted, but let's be real, he doesn't have what it takes to be in the NFL. He really didn't start to kneel until he was vying for the starting job against BLAINE GABBERT.
Matt77 Posted: 10:40 Jun08 2020 Post ID: 3451302
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior, there is no way that anyone other than Trump would make the tweets he does. The way he speaks and tweets match up pretty well. It's him, lol. The sensible tweets like endorsing candidates will have been written by someone else, but most tweets are Trump's doing.

Some quotes:

I disagree that Bernie supporters would vote Trump. Them not voting is an interesting (and possibly correct) prediction. And if true. just like that the election is decided.

From the eyes of someone living outside of America, Trump is doing himself no favours with his recent actions and inaction. His guaranteed landslide victory has now become a 60/40 prospect imo. He's made neutrals more likely to go out and vote. And the way I see it, Trump's supporter base is locked in and will not increase or decrease. It will depend whether these neutral people actually vote or whether they forget about is come November.

Kaepernick is a head case, but he absolutely has what it takes to get back in the NFL. If he accepts the contract this time. But lets face it, with all the ***-kissing the NFL are doing atm, there will be a team that caves and signs Kaepernick simply to become popular with many (and unpopular with many). His career stats suggest that he'd be in the 15-25 range of a QB power rankings. Now that's not true in practice, but it means he would almost certainly make it as a backup.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jun 8th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:13 Jun08 2020 Post ID: 3451313
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Trump does have people running his social media these days. That said, I'm sure he dictates every now and then, definitely giving his thumbs up before anything is posted.

How do you think Trump was elected? Most Bernie Supporters gave the middle finger salute to the democrats by voting Trump or not voting at all.

It will be close no matter who is running against Trump. However, once Biden goes on stage against Trump - which he will have no choice to do soon enough, whether with fans in the stands or not - and gets rips to shreds because he pretty much has dementia and will not have his wife and other spokesmen around, I think a bigger gap will form.

Anyone who is so much in their own head that they have to compete against BLAINE GABBERT to play doesn't deserve to be in the NFL. No one can argue against that. XD
Sanzano Posted: 01:22 Jun09 2020 Post ID: 3451321
Sanzano
+
I see Trump is contacting Roger Goodell and asking him what the NFL's stand is and whether they will kneel at the anthem when the season starts. Should be interesting, the NFL has no love for Trump as it was him in the late 80's who tried to kick start the rival USFL.

Brees has issued a second apology, apparently he's worried about his legacy and Jack Fromm is in deep water with a text he sent a few years ago that has surfaced. Apparently the Bills have forgiven him, I'll doubt the players in the team will...

Matt77 Posted: 02:59 Jun09 2020 Post ID: 3451322
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Trump was elected because, as is the case every year, 50% of Americans voted. If voting was compulsory like it is in Australia, those who didn't vote, would've been more inclined to vote for Hilary. Trump's fanbase go out and passionately vote for him, and aren't lazy like the Democratic supporters are. Those whinging in the US really can't complain, because half of them didn't even bother voting.

It will be interesting what happens during the debate. There's a lot of faked media that depicts Biden as incompetent and incapable of a debate, let alone being a President. But some of it is real. If Biden can survive the debates largely unscathed, it will be a victory.

And yes Dennis, Trump is not happy at all. He tweeted several times about kneeling, disrespecting the flag, veterans & country, and about Goodell. But the NFL don't seem to care. They're still posting pro-BLM content on their social media. As for Fromm, he was lucky because the textx were uncovered at the same time that Brees made his comments, so the texts were largely forgotten about.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jun 9th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 214 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close