Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 220 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 23:23 Aug05 2020 Post ID: 3451987
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Davon Godchaux, Allen Hurns, and Albert Wilson have all opted out for Miami. The first isn't a loss, the second is a loss of depth, and the third is a significant loss. When you combine two WRs opting out, it makes one of our few strengths bang on average now.

Tua definitely cannot start now. Please Miami. Don't fall for the trap.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 02:50 Aug07 2020 Post ID: 3451992
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Warrior13, if the New England Patriots make it too obvious that they are tanking the season to get a top quarterback in the draft the NFL will have no choice but to say something, just like they did when Miami made it obvious they were tanking for Tua. What worries me is Bill Billichick has plenty of contacts around the league in top positions of power within teams who owe him favours and he will now probably collect. I see the Patriots getting a 10-15 place 2021 first round pick and Billichick doing a deal and trading with the team in positon 1 or 2 to get his quarterback. Stidman is not their guy and neither is Newton.

Tua will start around week 3 or 4, the fan pressure will be too great.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Aug 7th 2020 »

Warrior13 Posted: 21:28 Aug08 2020 Post ID: 3451994
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Tua not starting. If Flores does play him, he'll make his greatness thus far a complete waste. We need to lose to get one last great draft class.
Sanzano Posted: 02:48 Aug09 2020 Post ID: 3451995
Sanzano
+
I have a feeling this NFL season is going to be a disjointed one and all sorts of wierd things are going to happen because of Covid-19. Not all the teams are going to be able to cope the same with the sudden changes the NFL are going to stipulate and it will mess up the mindset of some of the players, especially those that are superstitious and have a strict pre-game ritual. The teams that has the strongest bonds will be those that are still standing at the end of the season.

Matt77 Posted: 04:02 Aug09 2020 Post ID: 3451996
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
There's already been over 70 players who have tested positive for coronavirus. The biggest challenge will be keeping all the players negative. During the regular season, any player who tests positive won't be able to play for 2 games. This could be huge, if for example Mahomes tests positive on the week of the divisional round and has to miss 2 playoff games. Teams could lose some of their best players if they don't quarantine their players correctly.

Teams in Florida, Texas & California are going to find it tougher than most. Also teams who have away games in those states.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 05:54 Aug09 2020 Post ID: 3451997
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Most people have already had it, whether they know for a fact or not, plus a vaccine should be available before the end of the regular season by all accounts. All will be fine.
Sanzano Posted: 02:04 Aug10 2020 Post ID: 3451998
Sanzano
+
Derrius Guice has been released from the Washington Redskins. He got arrested for domestic abuse. Not what I wanted to hear, the guy was going to be the franchise running back for years to come. I have to pin my hopes on Bryce Love now.

Matt77 Posted: 01:08 Aug11 2020 Post ID: 3452000
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Terrible news. Of course he should be released if he's committed domestic violence (and it seems like a bad case of it), but it's still a body blow for Washington. Now they're back to square one with their running game. Remember how a few years ago you desperately wanted them to improve it?

Love has potential, as does Washington's 3rd round pick who was a WR/RB, but they are long shots to be able to perform at NFL level. Adrian Peterson is going to have to work very hand. Haskins needs a running game to lean back on.

It sounds like Ron Rivera is clearing out the trash at Washington and trying to start fresh. In the long term it's a good thing cause there will be a better club culture.

In better news, Reuben Foster is off the PUP list and will make his Washington debut this season.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Aug 11th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 10:07 Aug11 2020 Post ID: 3452001
Sanzano
+
Two years ago the Miami Dolphins showed a lot of interest in Derius Guice. I wonder if he gets off the assult charges if the Dolphins will try and pick him up.

I'm pleased Foster is going to play his first game with the Redskins this season. He was in the same situation as Guice is now a few years back. Washington gave Foster another chance. I wonder if Guice will be so lucky with another team if not the Dolphins.

Matt77 Posted: 22:47 Aug11 2020 Post ID: 3452002
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It'll depend what his response is. When Kareem Hunt was cut by Kansas City he came out and publicly apologised and said he would fix his behaviour, and he did this and was picked up by Cleveland.

If he screws his head back on, he'd be a good pickup for Miami. At the moment we have Howard and Breida who are more than capable, but they also may flop.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:17 Aug12 2020 Post ID: 3452004
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Washington will be fine. They have so many RBs right now. lol

Almost all of College Football will be waiting until spring to play. Gonna be weird in regards to draft; the NFL will probably have to push it back a few months to make everything work.

I think now more than ever the NFL will play this fall. They would basically be the only sport going on and would cash in big.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:49 Aug12 2020 Post ID: 3452005
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
ESPN Todd McShay Too Early 2021 Mock Draft:
1) Jaguars - QB Lawrence
2) Redskins - CB Surtain
3) Bengals - OT Powell
4) Panthers - QB Fields
5) Dolphins - WR Chase

And scratch what I said earlier. Half of the College Football Teams are still hoping to play in the fall.
Matt77 Posted: 01:02 Aug13 2020 Post ID: 3452006
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I think now more than ever the NFL will play this fall. They would basically be the only sport going on and would cash in big.

Spot on.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:17 Aug13 2020 Post ID: 3452007
Sanzano
+
Big 10 and Pac 12 have suspended their football seasons. It's odds on now the rest of the countries will follow suit. This will affect next years NFL draft.

Warrior13, the Redskins would pick up Powell over the cornerback. Haskins needs protection now that Trent Williams has departed.

Warrior13 Posted: 07:29 Aug13 2020 Post ID: 3452008
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, I think Powell makes more sense if the Redskins are picking #2. Well, at least if they choose to stick with Haskins should they go 3-13 or worse. CB is a need, but I can't imagine going that route over Powell or Fields.
Matt77 Posted: 11:01 Aug13 2020 Post ID: 3452009
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Is there going to be a preseason at all? They were supposed to make an announcement, but I must've missed it. Having 0 games would be very risky. We may see a lot of injuries in Week 1 and some out of form players.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 13:11 Aug13 2020 Post ID: 3452010
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Last I heard it was going to be two, but I think they cancelled them altogehter. I don't mind no preseason, but if they go that route, I think they should have 75-90 team rosters (for injury and Covid).
Sanzano Posted: 03:42 Aug16 2020 Post ID: 3452014
Sanzano
+
That makes sense Warrior13, if this season goes ahead anything can happen in the first few weeks. Pre-season is reserved for teams to try out new players and plays, if teams have to do this on the fly now we are going to get some strange final scores.

I'm now more excited about Rueben Foster being healthy and ready to play than I am about seeing Chase Young. Rueben Foster is a beast...

Matt77 Posted: 09:04 Aug16 2020 Post ID: 3452015
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
On a side note, I assume you both want to do tipping again?

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 11:21 Aug16 2020 Post ID: 3452018
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Alex Smith was cleared to play. Could you imagine if he even gets back on the field after the injury he sustained and the ensuing infections that followed? Dude literally has a reconstructed leg; at one point, he had lost close to 50% of the muscle tissues in that leg.
Displaying Page 220 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 218 | 219 | 220 | 221 | 222 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close