Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

NFL - Discussion & Tipping Thread

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 225 of 232
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 230 | 231 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:14 Sep09 2020 Post ID: 3452208
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 154
+
My picks are in, looks like you've got it right Matt.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 10:25 Sep09 2020 Post ID: 3452209
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,045
+
Not wanting to spoil things, but I went with five underdogs. Picked 11 Home & 5 Away. I'm really interested in seeing how teams play at home with no fans. The Seahawks thrive in crazy environments, but they don't have that now. Definitely need to get a feel for it.
Matt77 Posted: 21:12 Sep09 2020 Post ID: 3452210
Matt77
Tua SZN
Post Likes: 273
+
The homeground advantage will definitely be a bit different. On one hand there aren't fans, so it's a neutral environment, but on the other hand the away team has to travel and go through hoops to safely get to the stadium.

Thanks both for joining.

Dennis, if you are interested in doing tipping again, please join asap. If you can't join in time, post your picks here under a spoiler and I can edit the scores later.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:29 Sep09 2020 Post ID: 3452211
steelersrock01
+
I'm not sure the stadium experience will be drastically different - they're gonna be pumping in artificial crowd noise that'll likely sound similar to normal games. The human element won't be there of course, but it's not like it's going to be silent out there either.
Matt77 Posted: 02:23 Sep10 2020 Post ID: 3452212
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
I don't know about the NFL, but in some other sports the fake crowd noise only comes on for viewers. If the NFL do the same, the players will be playing to zero crowd noise.

EDIT - Thanks for joining Dennis.

Also LA Rams have just signed Jalen Ramsey up on a 5-year, $105 million contract, with $71 million in guarantees. Idiots.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 10th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 06:35 Sep10 2020 Post ID: 3452215
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Everyone get their picks in?
Matt77 Posted: 07:39 Sep10 2020 Post ID: 3452217
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
Everyone has tipped. You can actually check other people's tip status by clicking on their name and looking at the top left corner. It should say Complete in green.

I have tipped 1 'upset', however I don't consider it an upset.

Good luck everyone to another year of tipping ViolinViolinViolin

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 10:07 Sep10 2020 Post ID: 3452218
Sanzano
Post Likes: 73
+
Each year week 1 seems straight forward and each year there are upsets all over the place. Probably even more this year considering there was no pre-season to fine tune plays. I'm going to have another look at the games, as this year will be no different.

Philadelphia are big favourites over Washington with some experts predicting scores of 48-7. I personally thnk it will be a lot closer, especially if Haskins starts connecting with McClaren and the defense gets to Wentz. I see a 24-17 game.

I'm on the fence with the Saints vs Buccaneers game, I want the Bucs to win but you have to take the team with the established stars who all know each other over a bunch of stars who have never played together.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:09 Sep10 2020 Post ID: 3452219
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Only one upset? I expected more from you after winning last year with all those lucky upset picks. But I understand with going conservative in Week 1.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 10th 2020 »
Sanzano Posted: 10:18 Sep10 2020 Post ID: 3452220
Sanzano
+
I've only got one upset pick as well, they all seem like a formality at this stage Warrior13, we've nothing to go by. For all we know the Dolphins who are relying mostly on rookies could pull off the upset. The Patriots don't have any game film on them unless Belichick has been cheating again. Anything can happen on week 1.

steelersrock01 Posted: 12:12 Sep10 2020 Post ID: 3452221
steelersrock01
+
Matt77 said:I don't know about the NFL, but in some other sports the fake crowd noise only comes on for viewers. If the NFL do the same, the players will be playing to zero crowd noise.

EDIT - Thanks for joining Dennis.

Also LA Rams have just signed Jalen Ramsey up on a 5-year, $105 million contract, with $71 million in guarantees. Idiots.

I'm pretty sure they'll have the noise audible for the players too, a huge part of the game is struggling to make yourself heard and not knowing if your team heard the audibles/adjustments exactly. Who knows though.

That Ramsey contract is ridiculous for now, especially after Tre White (a better CB imo) just signed a cheaper deal. Over the next few years the Rams have like 80 million committed to Goff, Darnold, and now Ramsey, which all but guarantees Cooper Kupp will be walking after this year - I'd expect him to get a deal somewhere between Adam Thielen's and Amari Cooper's deals.

Dennis - I'm with you on both Philly/Was and TB/NO. It doesn't seem feasible to me that Philly drops that much on Was. Especially in week 1 with no preseason and a history of soft tissue injuries.

Same thoughts on the Bucs, it'll take them some time to gel and the Saints are bringing back their whole core that is arguably just as talented.

I only really picked one "upset" as well, but I don't think it's really an upset as I consider them the better team.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Sep 10th 2020 »
Warrior13 Posted: 13:18 Sep10 2020 Post ID: 3452222
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think how much fake crowd noise will be key. I believe it will be at the same decibel level no matter what team, much like the NBA at the moment. For teams like the Seahawks and Chiefs, whose stadiums generate much more noise, this could be a huge loss. We'll have to see.

The way I see it: If the Rams want to blow more money on a player that will hurt them years down the road, then let them. lol

I think the Eagles/Football Team Game could be close or a blowout; really all depends on which Philadelphia team shows up. I thought the Bucs/Saints game was going to be close for months now, but even more so now that the crowd noise will be piped it. At first, I thought the atmosphere of a full Superdome would've helped the Saints win. Now, I'm not so sure. Couple that with Brees even acknowledging that this has to be the year for the Saints due to his regression...

I feel a little apprehensive now that I picked five upsets. Oh well. Going with my gut unlike most times last year.
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:47 Sep10 2020 Post ID: 3452224
steelersrock01
+
Even if this week doesn't work out there are plenty of others to catch up on.

Brees knows he's on his way out. He's already got the deal to join a broadcast team when he retires.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:23 Sep10 2020 Post ID: 3452225
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Chiefs won as expected.
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:38 Sep10 2020 Post ID: 3452226
steelersrock01
+
Yep, Mahomes picking up where he left off.
Matt77 Posted: 22:58 Sep10 2020 Post ID: 3452227
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
Yeah Warrior I'm just being conservative. Like with last year, the first few weeks will be a bit iffy due to Australian sports still going.

Houston lost. Good news for Miami.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:23 Sep11 2020 Post ID: 3452229
Sanzano
+
Houston lost, no surprise there. Warrior having 5 upset picks is though, being brave this early in the competition is either going to give him a big lead or put him in a hole and from past experience being more than 3 games behind the pack leaders is tough to pull back later in the season when everybody knows what the teams are capable of.

Matt77 Posted: 04:36 Sep11 2020 Post ID: 3452230
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
I know one thing for certain. He has tipped Atlanta to beat Seattle.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 06:34 Sep11 2020 Post ID: 3452232
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mike: Mahomes played well. The Chiefs obviously want to get that Rookie RB going early to open things up. Their defense also played well, only allowing one TD before garbage time.

Dennis: Just going with my gut. I feel like I went against my initial instinct too much last year and it hurt me, enough where I couldn't go with some of my upsets after we got behind.

Matt: Why do you think I always go with Atlanta? lol

Houston might be in trouble. VS Baltimore, AT Steelers, and then VS Vikings up next. That's a tough stretch. They could possibly be 0-4 before getting a freebie against the Jags.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 11th 2020 »
Sanzano Posted: 10:03 Sep11 2020 Post ID: 3452233
Sanzano
+
I thought about taking Atlanta at home to beat the Seahawks but wasn't brave enough. If what I hear about Matt Ryan and Julio Jones being on form it's a possiblity. In my opinion they are a top five Quarterback/Wide Reciever duo in the league.

Denver where looking good before losing both Von Miller and Bradley Chubb to inuries.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Sep 11th 2020 »

Displaying Page 225 of 232
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 230 | 231 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close