Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

NFL - Discussion & Tipping Thread

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 226 of 232
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 230 | 231 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 10:23 Sep11 2020 Post ID: 3452234
Matt77
Tua SZN
Post Likes: 273
+
Warrior - You have a history of constantly overrating them, and I figured they would be one of your 5 upset picks.

Dennis - Oof. I knew they lost Miller, but Chubb being out hurts even more. Offensively they've had major upgrades, but the defense will suffer and ask a lot of Drew Lock and co.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 10:46 Sep11 2020 Post ID: 3452235
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,045
+
Maybe they are, and maybe they aren't. Just because I think they are a sleeper and the Seahawks might be in trouble without real fan noise (at least not at the level it should be), that doesn't mean I picked them. However, it doesn't mean I didn't pick them. lol

You'll see on Sunday. :P

Did you pick the Chiefs to score the most points this week, Matt? I only ask because you and I are leading, and I had the Chiefs scoring the most this week. (Site only shows who we each had as lowest scoring. You and Mike have the Jags, Dennis and I have Football Team.)

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 11th 2020 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:33 Sep11 2020 Post ID: 3452236
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 154
+
I think Houston is in big trouble; they are a worse team than they were last year, and last year's team had major weaknesses. The Hopkins trade will really hurt them.

The Seahawks are tough to pick against as long as Wilson is the qb there.

That's kinda lame if it shows who we picked for that stuff before the week is over. Not that it changes anything, but it'd be nice if it was a surprise.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:12 Sep11 2020 Post ID: 3452238
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I hope the Texans are horrible this year. My Phins would love a better 1st Rounder. lol

Yeah, always tough to pick against the Seahawks.

Not sure why is shows that stuff, but I don't really care. Just tie breakers. The site we use to use was more exciting because only Thursday Night score tiebreaker.
Matt77 Posted: 12:42 Sep11 2020 Post ID: 3452240
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
Warrior - Yep I picked KC for that. My theory was that the Houston defense is average. After all, they choked a 24-0 lead in the divisional round and proceeded to concede a 50-burger instead.

Mike - You may be right. The score was 31-7 before garbage time (including 31-0 after Houston opened the scoring). I couldn't watch the game, but from all accounts it sounded like Watson had to do too much. Their schedule is tough to begin with. If they go 0-4 then they may implode. Which like Warrior said, would be great for Miami.

As for the tiebreakers, I'm not entirely sure how it will work. Do we get tiebreaker points based on how close we were? Or is it a one-off each week? If the tiebreaker gets confusing, we can always disregard it, and if scores are tied at the end of the season then we can create our own tiebreaker.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

steelersrock01 Posted: 12:44 Sep11 2020 Post ID: 3452241
steelersrock01
+
I have no clue how the tiebreakers work. The other group I'm in it's just me and a friend and we just pick the winners, and whoever wins at the end of the year buys dinner. If we tie we just split it.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:53 Sep11 2020 Post ID: 3452243
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: And you copying me begins once again! jk XD I clearly taught you too much. lol I think the tiebreakers are based on who is closer for each different category. So many different ones though with Yahoo, but I guess that keeps it interesting. Not sure the algorithm behind it or how it's distributed between the score, highest and lowest. But I feel good with the Chiefs right now sitting with 34; I think only the Saints/Bucs might surpass it if that's a shootout.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 11th 2020 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:25 Sep12 2020 Post ID: 3452250
steelersrock01
+
Well I was immediately wrong wrt Cooper Kupp. Just signed a 3yr/up to 48m extension. Somehow.

Kamara of the Saints and Dalvin Cook on the Vikings also locked in with 5yr extensions. We'll see if it works out, especially with Cook's injury history.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:09 Sep12 2020 Post ID: 3452251
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Rams blowing more money. Clearly didn't learn from Gurley deal.

The Cook deal is definitely more risky, but it was for 12 million less overall. Kamara is great, but 15 million a year scares me for any RB. However, it's not like the Saints have a choice, they have to have some star power (Thomas & Kamara) when Brees retires.

All of you did one upset... Might I guess the Packers, Bears or Buccaneers? Those are the only three I can think of since all of you said you each didn't consider it an upset, and I can see the thought behind each. lol

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 12th 2020 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 13:33 Sep12 2020 Post ID: 3452252
steelersrock01
+
One of those is correct for me
Warrior13 Posted: 17:06 Sep12 2020 Post ID: 3452254
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Had a feeling. I wont pry. Can see all three of those games being competitive.
Matt77 Posted: 22:50 Sep12 2020 Post ID: 3452256
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
I don't trust Mitch Trubisky, so I didn't tip Chicago. But I tipped one of the other teams.

LA Rams are idiots. Absolute idiots. I have little doubt that in 2-3 years time they will be one of the worst teams in the NFL due to their salary cap issues. They are not in a position to contend for a SB, so they shouldn't be throwing money around on B rates players.

Is it just me, or do you wish that sporting teams had to reveal their salary cap to the public? Not naming names, but simply listing 'Player C - $20,000,000. Player D - $8,000,000' etc. I don't understand how LA Rams have room in their salary cap.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:06 Sep13 2020 Post ID: 3452257
Sanzano
Post Likes: 73
+
I don't understand tying up running backs with long contracts. Number one they are two a penny and number two they are susceptible to injury because of their position. For example, I'd rather give top dollars to a top wide receiver than a running back on my team.

If the Seahawks improved secondary shut down Ryan and Jones the Falcons are in trouble, I just can't see Atlanta running against Seattle.

I see a lot of people are picking the Rams at home to beat the Cowboys. I'm not brave enough to take that pick but I hope it happens.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Sep 13th 2020 »

Matt77 Posted: 05:02 Sep13 2020 Post ID: 3452258
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
A big deal is ok, as long as the player doesn't have an injury history and isn't one-dimensional. When LA Rams gave Gurley a big deal a few years ago, he had an injury history, and has arthritic knees. Dalvin Cook has also tore an ACL, which doesn't bode well if he gets injured again. I'm a fan of the Kamara deal because he has stayed fit, and is more than just a RB.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 06:35 Sep13 2020 Post ID: 3452259
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: That info is open to the public already. lol

Well, gameday is here. Time for me to start digging my hole! XD

I bet Matt will be on our new picks site right after the early game kickoffs to see my upsets! jk :P

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 13th 2020 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:41 Sep13 2020 Post ID: 3452261
steelersrock01
+
Matt77 said:
Is it just me, or do you wish that sporting teams had to reveal their salary cap to the public? Not naming names, but simply listing 'Player C - $20,000,000. Player D - $8,000,000' etc. I don't understand how LA Rams have room in their salary cap.

What do you mean? It is public. At least in the US all contracts for all players are public

Edit - I see Warrior posted overthecap. It's a great site if you wanna see exactly how these contracts are structured and how teams like the Rams and Eagles are going all-in this year and next at the expense of future years being filled with "dead money" - teams can spread the "cap hit" of contracts over multiple years or backload it so they can afford more players now.

The NFL has by far the most complicated contract structures of the 4 major American sports. In the MLB, NHL, and NBA, contracts are guaranteed so the value of the contract is what the player will actually receive. In the NFL there are lots of exceptions, different rules, signing bonuses, all kinds of stuff. Not all of the money is guaranteed, especially with running backs. For example, Alvin Kamara just signed an extension for 5 years and 75m, but reportedly only 34 million is guaranteed money. This means that the Saints will likely be able to cut him after the second or third year and then they'd be out of the contract with minimal expense. So a lot of these contracts aren't as bad as they seem.

This is because the NFL players have a pretty weak union compared to the other sports, I think because of American fervor for football - we'll watch anybody play as long as football is on, and the owners know it.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Sep 13th 2020 »
Warrior13 Posted: 14:07 Sep13 2020 Post ID: 3452263
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Two upsets have kept it close, but they are starting to fall behind. Dang.
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:22 Sep13 2020 Post ID: 3452264
steelersrock01
+
Those first games didn't go your way
Warrior13 Posted: 15:23 Sep13 2020 Post ID: 3452265
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My Falcons upset wasn't the best, but they had opportunities to come back and win. Same old problems though: drive but don't score.

My Panthers upset was extremely close, but their defense is still rebuilding.

Redskins and Jaguars shocked the world. Eagles and Colts are pathetic. You can't lose those games.

Packers somehow dominate the Vikings. Apparently they are the ones to beat in the NFC North.

Same old Lions. Up big in the 4th, and then let Trubisky come back and win. D'Andre Swift dropped the game winning TD for the Lions on their final drive. Horrible.

Pats won and Ravens won as expected.

I'm 4-6 thru the Early Games. Ouch. But I don't mind. One of my two upsets almost pulled through. Would be 7-3 if Washington & Jacksonville had lost, as well as if Swift caught that easy one for the Lions game winning TD. Gonna have to play check up if my other upsets don't come up big. Week of hard knocks for me. lol
Warrior13 Posted: 17:09 Sep13 2020 Post ID: 3452267
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Brady off. My Bucs upset looks like a flop. My luck. lol
Displaying Page 226 of 232
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 230 | 231 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close