Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

NFL - Discussion & Tipping Thread

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 227 of 232
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:40 Sep13 2020 Post ID: 3452268
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 154
+
I don't think the Jags are so bad that every game is an automatic pick against them, especially when their opponent is a team like the colts with a slightly washed-up Rivers. I think Gardner Minshew is a legit NFL qb.

Philly looked terrible - they were the only 1pm game I had available to watch. Already bitten by the injury bug, and I'm really low on Wentz. The sports radio guys here have him as a top 5 QB but he's fringe top 10 at best for me.

Nice win for the Pats, Miami's no slouch. Buffalo looked great, NYJ is a dumpster fire. Baltimore won easily, once again I think the Browns will be the AFCN basement dwellers despite all the raw talent they've got. Nice wins for GB, SEA, and LV too. I wouldn't blame anyone for picking against those. Detroit was a heartbreaker. At some point you've just gotta feel bad for Stafford.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 17:43 Sep13 2020 Post ID: 3452269
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,045
+
Brady might have some magic in him. Down ten and driving. Maybe.

My Bengals upset isn't doing too bad. Tied right now. Burrow hasn't done anything special though, makes one wonder how bad the Chargers might be this year.
Warrior13 Posted: 18:56 Sep13 2020 Post ID: 3452270
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Well, I'm screwed... lol

Upset Picks:

Falcons: Competitive until the 3rd Quarter, couldn't finish drives after that.

Panthers: Very competitive, but let the Raiders come back after coming back for themselves and taking the lead.

Bengals: Competitive until Mixon fumbled and Burrow picked. Had chance to go to overtime only for kicker to miss thirty yarder.

Bucs: TD on opening drive, and then extremely sloppy play.

???: Probably gonna lose as well. lol

My upset picks have been like that going to last year. Oh well, gonna have work my way back into it. XD

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 13th 2020 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:18 Sep13 2020 Post ID: 3452271
steelersrock01
+
Best to get them out of the way week 1. The Bengals pick was ballsy especially. All of the others were at least plausible.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:35 Sep13 2020 Post ID: 3452272
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Something told me the Bengals, maybe my distrust in Tyrod Taylor. Really thought they would let Burrow pass more, but he only had like 100 yards until late in the fourth. And then the end of the game... AJ Green offensive pass interference followed by kicker missing a thirty yard chip shot. That killed me. Not as bad as Swift dropping the game winning TD for the Lions with seconds left, but still pretty bad.

I feel bad for the Falcons though most of all. All of that talent, but they can't stop the stalemate woes when deep in opponent territories. Been that way since they went 13-3 with Tony. I really thought they would come back, but they just couldn't keep up with Wilson. Not sure if it's coaching or if Matt Ryan has hit the wall, but it's like every time they have a drive going they just fall short.
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:25 Sep13 2020 Post ID: 3452274
steelersrock01
+
Matt Ryan is very good but to me he just doesn't seem to have that "it" factor. You know he's going to give you good stats and you'll always have a chance to get to the playoffs but some guys just can't get it done. Obviously he wasn't playing defense and it's never just the qb's fault, but that's my experience with Ryan. Similar to a guy like Rivers. And Wilson definitely has that "it" factor. There's just osme guys where even if they put up similar stats to others you know that they're the guys that have a shot of making a big play.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:35 Sep13 2020 Post ID: 3452275
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I just dont know how you can have 400 passing yards and not be winning. Look at what Rodgers did with 350. lol

Wilson is great, but boy, he gets away with a lot of floaters. Safeties never seem to be in position to pick them, but if they were, they could have a field day. Wilson doesnt have the strongest arm, and he has to float those deep ones in order to have the mustard. But he seems to always get away with them with his good decision making and wideouts getting separation.

Dallas just choked. Couldve tied early in the fourth but elected to go for it and fail. New coach, same old Cowboys. If Giants lose tomorrow, yes, that one Football Team will be leading the NFC East. I cannot believe it.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 13th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 22:45 Sep13 2020 Post ID: 3452276
Matt77
Tua SZN
Post Likes: 273
+
Some beautiful results to start the season off:

- Russel Wilson will push for MVP again this season. He'll fall short, but he's going to lead Seattle to playoffs again. And oh boy Atlanta. Sort out your defense.

- Abysmal from Cleveland.

- Nice garbage time stats by NY Jets.

- Carolina did better than I expected. A shame they lost it after going up 30-27 late. Both teams don't look like playoff teams based on this result.

- Same old Lions Worse old Lions. God. I mean, they lead 23-6 at 3QT, at home, against Mitch Trubisky. Fair effort by Trubisky though. This could be a career defining win for him.

- Brilliant stuff by Jacksonville, beating the insanely overrated Colts. Twice they were down by 3, but fought back. I said it from the start that Rivers is washed, and there were too many INTs from him in a one-score game. Minshew is a limited player, but he understands these limits brilliantly. Rivers outpassed him, but Minshew's 95% completion rate and 3TDs to 0INTs were telling.

- Green Bay winning was not an upset. That's why I tipped them. The only surprise is that Minnesota scored over 30.

- Fitz was bad. Unfortunately this means that there will be external pressure to start Tua too early. He CANNOT start more than a few games this season. Regardless, a top 5 pick is heading our way.

- Disgusting effort by Philly. Unforgivable. Leading 17-0 against one of the worst teams in the competition, and they lose 17-27?!?! They dominated the stats, yet lost because Washington didn't make mistakes, and Philly did. Haskins had an average 17/31 for 178 yards & 1TD. But 0INTs.

- Awful by Cincy. That game was up for grabs. Burrow had a shaky start as expected. Hopefully he improves. That Cincy kicker needs to be FIRED, and should have been 2+ years ago. He has missed countless game-tieing/winning FGs in his time at Cincy.

- Shaky start by Brady. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. New Orleans will be a contender once again.

- Embarrassing by SF, but not surprising. My prediction that they may flop this year looks like a smokey. They lead 10-0, at home, and lost to the team who finished last in their division.

- Lol we may have to start calling Dallas the primetime chokers now that Cincy don't get primetime games anymore. There wasn't a choke, but it was another underwhelming performance. A QB who asks for $40M+ a year needs to score some points for his team in the 4th quarter. Kudos to LA Rams though; I thought they'd lose by 20+.

Warrior, your upset picks were unlucky, cause most of those teams nearly or should've won. It clearly shows that you've got a good sense as to how good certain teams are. Dennis picked Carolina too, which was unlucky. Me and Mike had identical picks, and both did the 'upset' (not an upset) of Green Bay.

TheChosenOne - 9
Mike - 9
Sanzano - 7
TheLonelyGod - 4

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 13th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 01:32 Sep14 2020 Post ID: 3452277
Sanzano
Post Likes: 73
+
Everyone is saying how attrocious the Philadelphia front line was, they saw a different game to me. The Redskins defensive front was spectacular, every team in the league is going to have problems keeping them away from the quarterback. Washington had 8 sacks, 1.5 of them and a forced fumble was by Chase Young in his debut. Sweat was a nightmare as well as Kerrigan.

The problem is the Washington Offense, Haskins 17/31 is slightly over 50% completion rate which is not good enough for the NFL and the running backs suck. Only bright spots on offence are Terry McLaren and Logan Thomas.

I did correct predict there would be some strange results in week one as there is every year. Only a lunatic would have taken Washington and the Jaguars to win. I wonder what odds you would have got for that combo?

Matt77 Posted: 01:52 Sep14 2020 Post ID: 3452278
Matt77
Tua SZN
Post Likes: 273
+
Yeah I saw some plays from the game, and the Philly o-line crumbled up against the Washington D-line. It was like a wave, the way all 5 of the key D-linemen were rushing up. Haskins appears limited, but the defense is going to force lots of turnovers and give the offense great field position. I mean, they scored 27 today despite the offense being pretty average.

It becomes very interesting. Jacksonville and Washington are both 1-0, despite being the top contenders for the #1 pick. Based on what I saw in snippets from both games, there will b a few more wins for both teams.

Also, Philly have suffered even more injuries. Combine that with the loss, and they appear long shots at winning the division. But Dallas weren't convincing either in their narrow loss. They couldn't possibly do it, could they? Or, perhaps, Warrior, NY Giants may rise up Thumbs Up
(I tried tagging you but it didn't work)

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 14th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 02:52 Sep14 2020 Post ID: 3452280
Sanzano
Post Likes: 73
+
I'll be rooting for the Giants in the hope Warrior13 wins his bet. I know the Redskins are going to end up at about 6-10 and have no chance advancing in the playoffs with the current offense. They'll be fun watching on defense though.

There's a possibilty that Rueben Foster will be back after week 3. When that happens and Washington blitzes it's going to tough for the offense to pick up all those former first round draft picks. I think there's about 6 of them (Payne, Allen, Young, Sweat, Foster and Kerrigan).

How did Miami fare at the weekend?

Warrior13 Posted: 06:25 Sep14 2020 Post ID: 3452282
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Miami lost, as they should. Hopefully the Bills can get the job done and defeat the Phins next week. We need one last good draft for Tua moving forward.

I'm wondering if the Eagles are literally that bad up front, or if the Redksins DL are as good as everyone knew they would be with Young. 8 Sacks is no joke. If their win had more to do with the DL, then they could have a good year if their offense holds up their side of the bargain. If it had more to do with Eagles being crud, then they (Eagles) better figure something out fast as they play the Rams next and we all know what they're packing on the DL.
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:52 Sep14 2020 Post ID: 3452285
steelersrock01
+
The problem with the Eagles Oline isn't that they're bad, it's that it's so thin. One starter goes down and it's over. In years past they've had the depth to be able to have bench guys fill in adequately, not anymore.

That Redskins DLine is at worst top 5 in the league. Very impressive. I think the Dolphins will stick with Fitz the entire season. He has bad games but there's a reason he's called Fitzmagic sometimes. No point throwing Tua in there when both he and the team aren't ready. Flores is a good coach, too. Bright future for them. Too many people were way down on the Pats.
Warrior13 Posted: 15:55 Sep14 2020 Post ID: 3452286
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm hoping for Fitz to start. Not to win, but because I think he gives us the best shot to lose. That, and I want Tua to be completely healthy next year when our schedule is ranked 3rd Toughest.
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:22 Sep14 2020 Post ID: 3452287
steelersrock01
+
I've always found the strength of schedule stuff really subjective. Never put too much stock in it.

Not impressed with the Steelers Offense or Special Teams, but the defense is looking great.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:00 Sep14 2020 Post ID: 3452288
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Giants are playing well. They need to change some things up for the second half, more two TE formation to help with the blitz. I'm just hoping for a close game and a possible last second win.
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:14 Sep14 2020 Post ID: 3452289
steelersrock01
+
That 2nd Jones int was a top 5 worst throw I've ever seen.

Giants seem to have no answer for the pass rush and Saquon needs to get it going.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:23 Sep14 2020 Post ID: 3452290
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Two bad picks for Jones in this game. Giants would probably be leading without those.
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:09 Sep14 2020 Post ID: 3452291
steelersrock01
+
Tough game all around for the G men. That O line is terrible. This is why you don't pick a RB with the #2 pick in todays NFL, kids.

Rough week for you with the picks, Michael. Hopefully you've got the upset in the second game and gain some ground.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:29 Sep14 2020 Post ID: 3452292
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Ehh, so is life. Five upsets, lost them all. All five had their moments, three easily could have won. Happens.
Displaying Page 227 of 232
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 225 | 226 | 227 | 228 | 229 | 230 | 231 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close