Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 244 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 01:56 Nov05 2020 Post ID: 3452742
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
What you say would normally make sense, but Miami only allowed Tua to throw the ball 22 times for 12 completions. They need to change the offense and give Tua more opportunities, considering we have a poor rushing game. We are using a 7th round pick as our starting RB rather than Matt Breida or Jordan Howard.

Washington are playing NY Giants again, not long after losing 19-20 away from home. I fancy them to put lots of pressure on Jones, and win comfortably. That would lift them to 3-5 and be alive in the race for the division title, amazingly.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 07:52 Nov05 2020 Post ID: 3452744
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Matt, according to the Dolphins community forums the fans can't get rid of Tua quick enough if there is a possibility of getting Trevor Lawrence. Although not as experienced as Tua the consensus is he will be the better quarterback. People are comparing Lawrence to Peyton Manning. If I were the Dolphins I'd trade those two number ones this year, a number one next year and this years number 2 for Lawrence. That's a big, strong, healthy quarterback. Three things Tua does is not.

If Tua doesn't start performing spectacularly in the next three or four weeks I think the Dolphins going for Lawrence will start to become a genuine possibility.

steelersrock01 Posted: 09:53 Nov05 2020 Post ID: 3452746
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
I would be careful with the Peyton comparisons, but Lawrence does seem like he's set up to be more traditionally successful. Another concern with Tua is that he's left handed, which none of the receivers will be used to and changes the offense and the composition of the offensive line.
Warrior13 Posted: 10:31 Nov05 2020 Post ID: 3452747
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
If Miami earns the #1 Pick via Houston, they would select Lawrence if they keep the pick. Based on current FPI, the Texans are set to go 3-13. Of course, they wouldn't get the #1 Pick with a record like that. However, they are only favored against the Jags and Bengals, and the Bengals have shown they should not be underestimated. If the Jags pull the upset on Saturday -- doubt it -- #1 Overall will definitely be in play for the Phins.
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:42 Nov05 2020 Post ID: 3452749
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Sure, but who do you see the Jets beating even if Houston only beats the Jags? Here's who NYJ has left:

I could see them maybe squeaking out 1 against the Pats, maybe getting lucky against the Chargers? I don't see them beating Miami with Miami's defense, and I think they gave to get lucky to beat the Pats and LA.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Nov 5th 2020 »
Warrior13 Posted: 12:53 Nov05 2020 Post ID: 3452750
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, at most the Jets look to be 2-14. That said, 0-16 seems very plausible at the moment. If Miami is going to get the #1 Pick, they'll have to hope the Texans lose out and the Jets win at least one. I think the Texans Pick would clinch #1 in that case due to the strength of schedule, but I'm not sure.
Warrior13 Posted: 16:36 Nov05 2020 Post ID: 3452751
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
New Draft Order? New Personal Mock Draft! Enjoy the new QB, Mike!

Warrior13 Posted: 19:05 Nov05 2020 Post ID: 3452752
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If Packers don't win by more than 20 points, they're pathetic. Niners are down half of their day one starters at this point.
Matt77 Posted: 22:04 Nov05 2020 Post ID: 3452753
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Las Vegas got fined $500,000, Gruden got fined $150,000, and the team were stripped of a 6th round pick for their breaches of protocols earlier in the season.

Interestingly, I read something that said J.J. Watt isn't interested in staying for a Houston rebuild, and wants to win a championship. That really hurts Houston, because a) he will be leaving, and b) he has just lowered his trade value.

On Houston, they will win a decent amount of games. 1-6 is misleading. I see them winning about 6 games to finish the year, with a 7-9 record. They will win an absolute minimum of 3 more. In fact, there are zero games where they will be heavy underdogs. They could plausibly win every one of their remaining games and finish 10-6, even though as a combination that's near impossible.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 23:22 Nov05 2020 Post ID: 3452756
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
And the Titans got nothing compared to that for literally shaking up the schedule? Wow.

Packers dominated. For some reason, the Niners kept Mullins in. He was absolutely horrible. Got a cheap TD near the end, but it was blown coverage and the ball was still under thrown. Commentators were calling for Beathard before even the half. The Niners need to just give up on Mullens already. His arm is the weakest of the three, and he has horrible decision making. Give Beathard the last seven games and see if he is anything. If he lives up or exceeds his third round selection, great. If not, move on from all three and find a way to draft Fields or Lance.
Matt77 Posted: 00:17 Nov06 2020 Post ID: 3452757
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
His stats look good, so I'm guessing there was a lot of garbage time?

Beathard had his chance 2 years ago when Garoppolo tore his ACL, and he didn't win a single game. I think he and Mullens will be pretty similar with their output.

Garoppolo is on the injury reserve, so he could be gone for the season depending. Their handling of his injury has been disastrous. Now they're going to get a decent draft pick, but not high enough for Lawrence or Fields. I'm not sure whether it's worth drafting a QB with a pick that isn't going to be top 5.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:31 Nov06 2020 Post ID: 3452759
Sanzano
+
It turns out Miami are not all in on Tua, inside sources say they have some doubts about him. Apparently the Dolphins wanted Joe Burrow in the draft but Cincinnati said there is no way they could do a trade because Burrow is a local boy and the fans would turn against the team.

All the anaylsts on the various big TV networks are saying if Trevor Lawernce is available the Dolphins have to take him, even if it means giving up both number one picks. I'm hoping the Dolphins get Lawrence, I see Super Bowls in the near future for them if they do, all I see with Tua is injuries.

Matt77 Posted: 03:13 Nov06 2020 Post ID: 3452760
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
That would be a dangerous path. We would essentially be using last draft's #5 pick and 2 top-16 picks this draft, in order to get 1 player. I absolutely hate what Arizona did to Josh Rosen after just 13 games (and hence I don't like that team anymore), and would hate to see my team do that to Tua.

Tua has had 24 passes in the NFL. He has thrown 0INTs, and according to the stats, passed for a TD in the smallest window of any TD pass this season.

Besides, it looks like Miami is going to win at least 6 games this season, which would put them outside the top 10. And as I have stated, Houston will probably finish with a similar record as Miami, putting them outside of the top 10 too. Those 2 picks won't be enough to move up to pick 1.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:30 Nov06 2020 Post ID: 3452762
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis: Why listen to those reports? I have been saying that already for a while. I am the best source. XD

Matt: Mullens was horrible. His stats came in garbage time or on blown coverage. The game was like 31-3 at the biggest deficit. They need to start Beathard for the remainder of the year and see if he has anything. Mullens is nothing. Jimmy G is not a superstar. If Beathard crumbles, draft your new franchise player or trade for one.
Matt77 Posted: 10:00 Nov06 2020 Post ID: 3452763
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I don't think we can judge on any of Garoppolo's play post-injury. it's clear that SF brought him back while he was still injured, and he couldn't shrug it off. He's no superstar, but drafting a rookie not named Lawrence or Fields is a risky business.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 10:04 Nov06 2020 Post ID: 3452764
Sanzano
+
I almost changed two of my picks this week but was not brave enough. I just have a horrible feeling that the Giants will beat the Redskins away and Miami's defense will hold Kyler Murray in check and get a close win in a game where Tua throws for over 250 and 2 touchdowns.

I see Dallas are enquiring about Ryan Fitzpatrick... The Dolphins would be foolish letting him go at this stage. If Tua gets injured he can walk straight in and know the system.

Warrior13, when was it you first heard about Trevor Lawrence being in Miami's radar. I just did a google search on the off chance when I found out the Dolphins also had the Texans pick and they were doing terrible so I wondered if the Miami management thought like me and contemplating there was a chance they could get Lawerence.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:27 Nov06 2020 Post ID: 3452765
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: If they ever want to go all the way, and finish the job this time, they will need to get a new QB. Jimmy G clearly isn't the answer. If the Giants get #2, trade with them and get Fields.

Dennis: I started hearing rumors about it after the Phins first named Tua the starter, but it wasn't confirmed until this past Sunday. They wanna know if he's going to be something in case they do get #1. If he doesn't show promise and you end up getting #1 via Texans (long shot), they would go with Lawrence.
Matt77 Posted: 22:56 Nov06 2020 Post ID: 3452767
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
They did make it to the SB and have a 20-10 lead. The problem was that Kyle Shanahan is a choker in big game moments. He's choked 2 SB titles.

If they can get Fields then they should draft him, but they already have 4 wins. They will play Washington and Dallas soon, which could be 2 more wins. That would put them miles away from the #2 pick, and they'd have to give up the farm and more to convince NY Giants to trade down. I'm not convinced that any of the other rookies will be worth gambling on.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 06:46 Nov07 2020 Post ID: 3452768
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Try to get Dak? Trade for Darnold? Draft Lance? Trade up for Fields?

They've gotta do something. Jimmy G is injury prone and will never be a superstar. Why I said see if Beathard is a late bloomer before deciding to move on from all three. Beathard has the strongest arm of all of them, so you might as well try. Mullens has a limited arm and hit his ceiling in college.
Matt77 Posted: 08:05 Nov07 2020 Post ID: 3452769
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I didn't see trade for one in your initial post, but do now. Trading for one could be good, although I'm not sure how Dak would go on a new team and without so many offensive weapons.

Perhaps they trade for Matt Ryan, and bring him in on a 2-year deal to be reunited with Shanahan. He's a competent QB stuck in a bad team. If it doesn't work, then they just draft a QB in 2 years' time.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 244 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close