Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 248 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 03:03 Nov16 2020 Post ID: 3452860
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Dennis - Perhaps there is subtle tanking at Washington. The winner of the NFC East is going to get pick 19, while the other 3 teams will get a top-8 pick. Also you got it around the wrong way. Detroit were out of FG range, and Washington gave away the penalty to put Detroit in FG range. But I still get what you mean.

Mike - I just don't like the fact that a NFC team is going to miss out, despite being miles better than Philly. It reminds me of the year that Carolina finished 7-8-1 and hosted a playoff game, and the 10-6 Eagles didn't make the playoffs at all. I suppose the new 7th seed rule helps a bit, but I think if you have lost more games than won, you don't deserve the playoffs.

Warrior - Baltimore had possession 3 times while down 17-23. 3 chances to beat the 3-5 Patriots, and they failed miserably every time. I think they'll be in trouble when they are on the road to play Tennessee/Indy/Buffalo.

Miami's win gets even better. It seems there were several Miami starters out injured or with the virus, as well as several coaches missing. 5 in a row, with Denver, NY Jets, & Cincy to come...

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 16th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 06:06 Nov16 2020 Post ID: 3452861
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Dennis: I didn't think the Bengals would hang with the Steelers. Bad matchups. Bengals need to draft all defense in the draft.

Matt: If they lose to the Titans, they could spiral out of control. Would be interesting to see since most had them going between 12-4 and 14-2 to start the year.

After looking at the Giants and Eagles Schedules, I really think the G-Men could win the division at 6-10. Assuming the Giants take care of business with the Bengals and Cowboys and the Eagles are able to handle the Redskins and Cowboys, the Giants would only need one upset to overtake the Eagles and win the division at 6-10. Again, this is assuming the Eagles lose AT Browns, VS Seahawks, AT Packers, VS Saints and AT Cardinals, which could very well happen. I don't think the Giants could beat the Seahawks or Ravens on the road, which would mean they would have to upset the Cardinals or Browns at home. Not sure it will happen, but it could.

Of course, that would likely see the Giants facing the Bucs or Saints in the 1st Round of the Playoffs. lol
Sanzano Posted: 09:13 Nov16 2020 Post ID: 3452862
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
That's four gamese the Redskins have lost one way or another in the final minutes under dubios circumstances. Not sure I like the tanking culture, even if you get a top three quarterback there's no guarantee their ability will transfer to the pros. Ryan Leaf and Peyton Manning were worlds apart in the pros but top college players. Tom Brady didn't go until the 6th round, you just don't know.

I bet you Dolphins fans are excited, five straight wins is impressive. Could they upset the Chiefs if they met in the Championship game?

steelersrock01 Posted: 13:08 Nov16 2020 Post ID: 3452863
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Pittsburgh has a way of playing down to the level of the teams they face. I call it "Steelering". That's why I'm surprised they won so handily.

I get ya Matt about the playoffs, but teams often miss out on the playoffs or better seeding because of division winners. No need to change it this year because one division is remarkably bad.

Not surprising that Washington is tanking, they need a QB badly, Alex Smith isn't the answer and Kyle Allen is just a serviceable backup. They have a good defense and are just a franchise QB, serviceable running back, and maybe a couple weapons away from being the contenders for the division. All things they can fix in one draft if they are smart.
Sanzano Posted: 01:29 Nov17 2020 Post ID: 3452864
Sanzano
+
Washington drafted a wide reciever with the 142nd pick of the draft called Antonio Gandy-Golden who could be another DK Metcalf. They share the same physical attributes but for some reason he doesn't seem to be playing. I know he had Covid at the beginning of the season and he got a hamstring injury against Philadelphia.

As for a quarterback, Washington I feel will use Haskins as a bartering tool with another team during the offseason as soon as they have drafted his replacement. They can't do it at the moment because Smith if fragile and Kyle Allen is injured.

It's remarkable how Alex Smith has come backe from that devestating injury and not only played but accumulated 390 yards in one game. It has to go down as one of the greatest NFL comebacks ever along with Rocky Blier the Pittsuburgh running back who got blown up during the Vietnam War and had to learn how to walk again.

steelersrock01 Posted: 12:30 Nov17 2020 Post ID: 3452865
steelersrock01
+
I feel like Haskins has no trade value, it's pretty telling that he was put behind Smith in the depth chart before Smith had come back at all. If anything I think they just cut him.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:29 Nov17 2020 Post ID: 3452866
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Here's my newest Mock Draft based on the updated Draft Order:

NYJ 1. Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson
JAX 2. Justin Fields QB Ohio State
WAS 3. Penei Sewell OT Oregon
DAL 4. Gregory Rousseau EDGE Miami (FL)
LAC 5. Samuel Cosmi OT Texas
MIA 6. Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU
CIN 7. Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama
NYG 8. Micah Parsons LB Penn State
CAR 9. Patrick Surtain II CB Alabama
ATL 10. Carlos Basham Jr. EDGE Wake Forest
DEN 11. Shaun Wade CB Ohio State
SF 12. Trey Lance QB North Dakota State
DET 13. Dylan Moses LB Alabama
MIN 14. Christian Barmore DT Alabama
NE 15. DeVonta Smith WR Alabama
CHI 16. Zach Wilson QB BYU
CLE 17. Quincy Roche EDGE Miami (FL)
TEN 18. Marvin Wilson DT Florida State
PHI 19. Jevon Holland S Oregon
ARI 20. Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech
NYJ 21. Jaylen Waddle WR Alabama
MIA 22. Travis Etienne RB Clemson
IND 23. Kyle Trask QB Florida
BAL 24. Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota
JAX 25. Kyle Pitts TE Florida
LV 26. Jay Tufele DT USC
TB 27. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford
BUF 28. Jalen Mayfield OT Michigan
GB 29. Chris Olave WR Ohio State
KC 30. Jaycee Horn CB South Carolina
NO 31. Paris Ford S Pitt
PIT 32. Walker Little OT Stanford
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:46 Nov17 2020 Post ID: 3452867
steelersrock01
+
Basham is a cool name for a guy who tackles people.
Sanzano Posted: 01:32 Nov18 2020 Post ID: 3452868
Sanzano
+
Warrior13, not sure Penei Sewell to Washington works. It's the ideal pick if Haskins had of panned out but now that he has been exposed as a bust the Redskins need to get a quarterback. Alex Smith's contract expires this year and I doubt it will be renewed. Mind you if he puts up a couple of more decent performances there is the possibility his contract may be extended by a year in which case Penei Sewel would definately be the pick. Kyle Allen is injured and Haskins will probbbaly be traded. But like you say, who would want him.

I'm wondering if Washington would trade this year number 1 pick plus next years number 1 pick with the Jets to get Trevor Lawrence. Lawrence could force a trade as he has no intentions of playing for the Jets.

What happened with all the talk of Dalvin Cook being traded to Miami, is that still a possibility or has he sorted out his differences with the Vikings?

Warrior13 Posted: 12:21 Nov18 2020 Post ID: 3452870
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis: I just can't see Lance going Top 3 at the moment. Top 5 maybe (as in my last version), but not Top 3. If this order sticks, perhaps the Redskins fall back some and nab Lance. You can't pass on Sewell if the Skins are #3 and Lawrence and Fields go before that (as most presume). Sewell was so dominate in college - I saw was because he isn't playing in the protracted college football schedule this year - that he received Heisman (best player in college football) votes when he was just a Sophomore. An Offensive Lineman receiving votes is crazy enough, but a Sophomore OL? Insanity. Honestly, wouldn't mind if the Phins land Sewell with our Pick via Houston. He could block Tua's blindside (RT since he's left handed) while Austin Jackson anchors the left.

Going big or going home this week. Yahoo says I only have two upsets, but they are wrong (per usual) on a number of games.
Sanzano Posted: 16:52 Nov18 2020 Post ID: 3452871
Sanzano
+
If Sewell is available the Dolphins will take him, no doubt about it. Tua some analysts are saying is the best rookie to play in the NFL EVER, Miami will want to protect their prized asset. Not sure how they came to that assessment after only three games but I must admit I'm impresseed with what I have seen so far. I still think Washington will try and trade up to guaranteee a top college quarterback. I'm beginning to wish Washington had of took Tua or Herbert instead of Chase Young. At the moment last years pick Montez Sweat is playing better.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Nov 18th 2020 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 18:12 Nov18 2020 Post ID: 3452872
steelersrock01
+
3 upsets for me this week, but only 1 that I'd call a true upset.
Matt77 Posted: 00:04 Nov19 2020 Post ID: 3452873
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I tend to use the pick distribution on the right of the page, to judge whether I've tipped an upset. According to the site I have 4, but according to the pick distribution I have 2. One of my picks is very risky, but I feel I have to take a chance.

If Washington finish with a pick between 3 and 6, I don't think they should draft a QB. That can use that high pick to fix the o-line or draft another WR to complement McLaurin. I still believe in Sam Darnold, and think Ron Rivera will be able to unlock Darnold's potential. Gase's play-calling, and the general poor quality of the NY Jets team is giving Darnold no chance. Washington should send their 3rd round pick (pick 69) to NY Jets for Darnold. I can't see Pittsburgh sending theit 2nd round pick (64) to them, and their 3rd round pick is a long way behind Washington.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 00:19 Nov19 2020 Post ID: 3452874
Sanzano
+
Do any of you fellas know anything about Zach Wilson the quarterback for BYU, the guy is getting rave reviews from former pros and is being linked with the Redskins. The thinking is Lawrence and Fields will be gone and there are doubta about Trey Lance.

I have two upset picks this week, one is a formality is recent weeks are anything to go by.

Warrior13 Posted: 06:40 Nov19 2020 Post ID: 3452876
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Wilson is turning out to be this year's Burrow. Incredible Stats. However, BYU is a small school and hasn't faced anyone all that good, which is the polar opposite of Burrow last year. Even though Wilson has all the measurables, I would be hesitant to select him. The same goes, at least for me, for Lance.
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:07 Nov19 2020 Post ID: 3452877
steelersrock01
+
I don't really follow college football, so most of my insight is just glancing at scouting reports and mock drafts.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:58 Nov19 2020 Post ID: 3452878
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
College Football is so much better than the NFL. Seriously. All three of you need to start watching it so we can talk about it. O.O

Man, the site looks way worse at the moment on desktop. XD
Warrior13 Posted: 19:37 Nov19 2020 Post ID: 3452879
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Wow. Didn't expect Matt & Mike to both go with the Cards. We've got a chance to gain a game here, Dennis, if the Seahawks can prevail.
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:08 Nov19 2020 Post ID: 3452881
steelersrock01
+
I just don't have time to follow more sports haha. I'm a casual fan of Rutgers and Penn State because of vague connections, but I went to a DIII school where maybe a couple dozen people went to football games so I've just never been too into it.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:44 Nov19 2020 Post ID: 3452882
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I am a sportsaholic. XD
Displaying Page 248 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close