Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 251 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:11 Nov29 2020 Post ID: 3452929
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Matt - the answer there is that the Baltimore/Steelers game is a national televised primetime game between two popular teams. The Broncos game is only locally televised = less money lost, plus they're banking on people tuning in to see a non-QB play QB. Also, the Ravens have many more players positive and you could make a case that they keep postponing to protect the rest of the players from catching it. It's a lot harder to isolate 20 people than 3.

Though I do also think Baltimore should have to play or forfeit at this point.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Nov 29th 2020 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 14:01 Nov29 2020 Post ID: 3452930
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
All y'all picked the same. I could be in trouble or gain big.

Also, yahoo still isn't showing the Ravens/Steelers Game. Let it be known I've changed to the Steelers, but I can't do so on the site because it isn't showing up.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Nov 29th 2020 »
Warrior13 Posted: 16:39 Nov29 2020 Post ID: 3452931
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Y'all each down three to me. You three picked all the same in the late games too. looks like you guys just picked the favorite in each matchup. lol

You guys can earn one back if the Chiefs pull through, or go down four.
Warrior13 Posted: 19:55 Nov29 2020 Post ID: 3452932
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dang. Brady couldn't complete the comeback. Close but no cigar. But I'll take the two games I made up.
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:25 Nov29 2020 Post ID: 3452933
steelersrock01
+
It's hard to pick the underdog when you're in the lead ;). Especially this week when the games seemed pretty clear-cut. The only one I teetered on was Ind/Ten
Matt77 Posted: 00:17 Nov30 2020 Post ID: 3452934
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Dennis - Someone will have to go. For Washington's sake, you have to hope that they get a good deal. One of those players should net Washington an early 2nd round pick. But there are many instances where good players go for a 4th round pick or worse.

Mike - Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Tennessee have to play Pittsburgh at the standard time with many players testing positive? But bizarrely earlier in the season they got a game or two moved. The NFL isn't being consistent, and teams have lost byes as a result.

Warrior - Gutsy to pick Atlanta given how awful they were last week against a 3rd string QB. Also gutsy to pick Tennessee after being thrashed at home by Indy a few weeks ago. And also gutsy to pick NE given how random they are with their form. I understand the Tampa Bay tip because Brady usually responds after a bad loss/performance. Good to see him shake Mahomes's hand after a loss.

My thoughts on the games:
- Horrible choke by Arizona. Lead 10-0 and then missed a 45-yard FG at 17-17 with 1:52 left
- Poor from Carolina to give up a 21-10 lead. Also had a 25-yard FG blocked that would've put them up 24-10. Also missed a game-winning 54-yard FG
- Jacksonville lose another game narrowly, and don't deserve their 1-10 record. Cleveland are absolute frauds/dogs who are the worst 8-3 team I've ever seen in my time following the NFL
- I have no idea what to make of Tennessee or Indy
- NY Giants did their best to lose to a very poor Cincy team. They may be leading the division, but their schedule is brutal. Cincy had the ball at the 50 with 57 seconds left needing a FG to win it, and fumbled on the first play. Forever Bungles
- Scrappy Buffalo win, with both teams trying their best to lose
- Hilarious for Las Vegas to lose 6-43 to the previously 3-7 Falcons. Hmm, the net points did say that they were frauds didn't it? Think
- Somehow LA Rams lost at home to the injury-hit 49ers despite them throwing 1INT, losing 2 fumbles, and missing 1FG, and LA Rams leading 20-17 late. How inconsistent can Goff be?!?!
- Denver probably had the worst passing display in NFL history. Their backup WR who played QB went 1/9 for 13 yards, 0TDs & 2INTs. They scored their 3pts because of a New Orleans INT at midfield, and then Denver kicked a 58-yard FG somehow
- Tampa Bay were down 10-27 before garbage time. Tyreek Hill had made over 200 rushing yards, in the FIRST QUARTER ALONE. Mahomes went 37/49 (76%) for 462 yards, 3TDs & 0INTs. His stats for the season are 30TDs and 2INTs
- Green Bay were up 41-10 before garbage time
- NY Jets were terrible. Thank god I didn't tip them. Had Miami played a half decent team, they would've lost

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 01:50 Nov30 2020 Post ID: 3452935
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Quite a few upsets this week, well done Warrior13, you've now overtook me for third place and only one behind Matt. Even if I had of taken the two upset picks I was thinking about in Atlanta and Tampa Bay they would have canceled each other out. I'm a bit annoyed I didn't take Washington now I find out both of Dallas pro bowl tackles weren't playing and were replaced with undrafted free agents. The writing was on the wall right there.

Mike is still out in front by four games and with only a few weeks left in the season the three of us are going to have to pick upsets to catch him as Mike likes to play it safe each week with his picks. I have four upset picks this week.

Warrior13 Posted: 13:55 Nov30 2020 Post ID: 3452936
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mike: I know the feeling. Matt overtook both Dennis and I last year because we were picking conservatively when leading. I kind of like being back because I don't get in my head and roll with my gut.

Matt: Gotta go big if I wanna catch up. I wanted Brady to skip the handshake so I could see you blow up again. lol He respects Mahomes because he knows how great he is. Foles and Goff don't compare. If not for those two Brady picks in the 3rd, the Bucs easily could've won. Can't go back now though.

Dennis: We're tied. I don't care about the tiebreakers. ;)
steelersrock01 Posted: 23:15 Nov30 2020 Post ID: 3452937
steelersrock01
+
Still plenty of games for you guys to catch up. 5 more regular season, then all the playoffs.
Matt77 Posted: 02:18 Dec01 2020 Post ID: 3452938
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Mike - When we tipped last season I started slow in the first few weeks and was a few games back. Then I randomly flipped 7 games in the space of a few weeks and had a decent lead, like you do right now. Then I kept tipping conservatively, and Dennis came from about 7 games behind to get within 2 with a week to go. Basically you're following my pattern, and Warrior is following Dennis's.

Warrior - :p

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh has been postponed for a THIRD TIME, this time to Wednesday @ 3:40pm. What a joke. Baltimore should be forced to forfeit and lose 30-0. Based on morals and the fact Baltimore are currently out of the playoff positions, this will be the first time since the AFC Championship game a few years ago that I'll be cheering for Pittsburgh.

I'm not sure what's happened to the game on the tipping website though. As Warrior said, he tried to change his tip but can't. I looked in this week and next week and it isn't anywhere.

According to the website I have 3 upsets, and according to the pick distribution I have 2. There were 4 matchups I believe were toss ups, and mostly went with the upset. I believe that 2 of my picks were genuine upset picks, and I'm quietly confident that at least 1 will come through.

Also worth noting, 2 of Houston's best players tested positive for the same type of PED, on the same day, and will receive 6 game bans which puts them out of the season and week 1 of 2021/22. Will Fuller is Deshaun Watson's best target, and Bradley Roby is their best CB in an already awful secondary. They both used the same excuse that they spoke to a medical professional and that person prescribed them drugs that were in fact banned. It will be interesting to see if any more Houston players are tested.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Dec 1st 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:32 Dec01 2020 Post ID: 3452940
steelersrock01
+
I've got 3 upsets by pick distribution and 2 going by the "underdog" listing.

I had originally picked Houston and still might but it is hard to pick them after Fuller and Roby get PED suspensions
Warrior13 Posted: 13:25 Dec01 2020 Post ID: 3452941
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I haven't picked yet. Ravens/Steelers Game throwing me off since I always pick after final game each week. XD

Again, I change my pick to the Steelers, but the site took the game off before I could do so. Hopefully it appears before the game so I can change officially, but I don't want to miss out.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Dec 1st 2020 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:14 Dec01 2020 Post ID: 3452942
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, no idea what's going on with the site with that game. I guess I'll just try to check before the game starts. I picked Pitt last week, for reference.
Sanzano Posted: 01:27 Dec02 2020 Post ID: 3452944
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Had to laugh, Washington head coach Ron Rivera complaining about Chase Young being triple teamed. He should be happy, that means the other guys on the line have less to contend with getting to the quarterback. Montez Sweat for example is taking advantage.

If Pittsburgh play on Thursday and then on Sunday it's going to be tough for them to keep that undefeated record especially with now that Washington is on a roll. Stil not brave enough to pick Washington though. I wouldn't be surprised if Washington edged it though if there is enough pressure of the Pittsburgh quarterback who is not that mobile.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:35 Dec02 2020 Post ID: 3452946
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yahoo still isn't showing Raven/Steelers Game. If they don't, we're gonna have to +1 or -1 me depending on the outcome. I changed to Steelers after Jackson was said to be out, but the game was already taken off the site.
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:35 Dec02 2020 Post ID: 3452947
steelersrock01
+
Dennis - The game is supposed to be today, not Thursday. So if they play today and then have to play on Sunday it's no different really than a team playing on Sunday and then playing on the following Thursday.

But I admit I have absolutely no idea what is going on, and I don't think the NFL does either.
Warrior13 Posted: 14:34 Dec02 2020 Post ID: 3452951
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Ravens/Steelers is about to go live. Still not listed on Yahoo. Oh what fun. I'm Steelers. Pretty sure we all our. If the site says I lose because it still shows Ravens for me, we'll have to mentally keep track with +1. That said, if the Ravens somehow win, -1 for me since I have changed to Steelers.
steelersrock01 Posted: 18:25 Dec02 2020 Post ID: 3452952
steelersrock01
+
Games over, Steelers win. Game still isn't on the site, I think maybe it's just getting removed because of the schedule craziness.

The Steelers now play Washington on Monday, and Baltimore plays Dallas on Tuesday next week according to the site, which I guess is the best they could do.
Warrior13 Posted: 19:48 Dec02 2020 Post ID: 3452953
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
+1 for everybody! +2 if we count the tie Yahoo didn't! XD
Warrior13 Posted: 12:02 Dec03 2020 Post ID: 3452954
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Had time to squeeze in a new mock draft before the back to back weeks:

Displaying Page 251 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close