Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 256 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 10:55 Dec22 2020 Post ID: 3453053
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I complete agree, Dennis. If I were the Jets, I would trade back and gain more assets in order to build around Darnold or another QB via Free Agency. Fields is a really good QB Prospect, but I don't know how much better he is than Darnold, especially after struggling this year in college. Lawrence was a different story, and the Jags aren't stupid enough to win another game and blow their chances of getting him. The only way it doesn't happen now is if Lawrence decides to stay another year in college, but there's like less than a percent of that happening.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 12:25 Dec22 2020 Post ID: 3453055
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm currently at two upsets. Could be up to four or five after I see injury reports though.
steelersrock01 Posted: 18:27 Dec22 2020 Post ID: 3453056
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
I've got 3 I think. Just letting you guys know my grandfather passed away yesterday so I may not be around to post but I've already made my picks for the upcoming week.
Matt77 Posted: 21:52 Dec22 2020 Post ID: 3453057
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Really sorry to hear that Mike. We're all thinking of you & your family.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:58 Dec23 2020 Post ID: 3453058
steelersrock01
+
Thanks buddy. This has been a bad year for everyone and especially for my family. I've lost both grandfathers and a great-grandmother this year and at the end of last year lost my great-uncle who was my next door neighbor.

This one was especially tough as 3 weeks ago he was perfectly healthy, then he and my grandmom tested positive for covid and he had minor symptoms and then started to have dizzy spells and fell a few times so we thought it best he go to the hospital, and the last anyone got to see of him anything like normal was him walking into the ambulance. We got to talk on the phone a few times but then he got too bad to talk, then my mom and grandmom and aunts got to Facetime him over the weekend and he couldn't talk but his color looked good and he wasn't on maximum oxygen so we thought maybe he was over the hump and just had to wait it out.

Then Monday at 6am my mom called to get the update from the overnight nurse and his blood pressure had dropped to 100/48 and they "observed" him all day and then at 6pm called and said they had to intubate him and he would likely have to go on dialysis because his kidneys had started to fail, then called again 20 minutes later and he had passed. So we are very upset they didn't call and tell us what was going on or give us any kind of update, and we only heard from an actual doctor 3 times in 2 weeks despite complaining when the policy is that the doctor calls at least every other day.

Then we go to the hospital and only my grandmom, mom, and 2 aunts were allowed up to see him, and they didn't even let all 4 of them go up at once, they forced them to 2 at a time and then forced them to look at him through a window with blinds, they didn't even let them put on gloves and gowns and go in to see him, because "he could still infect you" as if he was gonna breathe on them at that point. His main nurse had even opened up his door for them to go in and then a nurse supervisor walked by and yelled that they weren't allowed in.

On the one hand it's understandable but also frustrating and heartless. The only good thing to take away is that our last real memories of him are of him being normal and strong and with all his mental faculties, because it's really tough watching older people lose their independence. And even if he recovered the long term effects like the dialysis and the lung damage were going to stop him from doing all the things he loved doing and he would've hated being like that anyway.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:26 Dec23 2020 Post ID: 3453059
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
That's rough. Sorry to hear that, Milke.
Matt77 Posted: 20:40 Dec23 2020 Post ID: 3453060
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Honestly, there should be an exception when seeing your loved ones either in their last moments or after they've died. Having a small chance of contracting a virus that 7.4 million Americans already have, doesn't even come close to outweighing saying goodbye properly.

Sorry you and your family had to go through that.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 05:56 Dec24 2020 Post ID: 3453061
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My Newest NFL Mock Draft:
JAX 1. Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson
NYJ 2. Justin Fields QB Ohio State
CIN 3. Penei Sewell OT Oregon
CAR 4. Kyle Pitts TE Florida
ATL 5. Zach Wilson QB BYU
MIA 6. Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU
PHI 7. Patrick Surtain II CB Alabama
DAL 8. Gregory Rousseau EDGE Miami (FL)
LAC 9. Rashawn Slater OT Northwestern
NYG 10. Jaylen Waddle WR Alabama
DET 11. Daviyon Nixon DT Iowa
SF 12. Trey Lance QB North Dakota State
DEN 13. Micah Parsons LB Penn State
MIN 14. Jaelan Phillips EDGE Miami (FL)
NE 15. DeVonta Smith WR Alabama
CHI 16. Mac Jones QB Alabama
LV 17. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB Notre Dame
BAL 18. Kwity Paye EDGE Michigan
WAS 19. Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
ARI 20. Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech
MIA 21. Travis Etienne RB Clemson
TB 22. Christian Barmore DT Alabama
CLE 23. Shaun Wade CB Ohio State
IND 24. Jaycee Horn CB South Carolina
JAX 25. Samuel Cosmi OT Texas
NYJ 26. Alijah Vera-Tucker OG USC
TEN 27. Carlos Basham Jr. EDGE Wake Forest
PIT 28. Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama
NO 29. Kyle Trask QB Florida
BUF 30. Wyatt Davis OG Ohio State
GB 31. Kadarius Toney WR Florida
KC 32. Jay Tufele DT USC
steelersrock01 Posted: 08:58 Dec24 2020 Post ID: 3453062
steelersrock01
+
Very tough, but he wouldn't want everyone to make a big fuss over it.

No game tonight but there is a game tomorrow and 3 Saturday. One small good thing out of all this is that I didn't have to take too much abuse from the Steelers losing to Cincy. Woof. The wild card is a real possibility.
Matt77 Posted: 02:23 Dec25 2020 Post ID: 3453064
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
After being diagnosed as having a 1-2 week injury, Carr will most likely start against Miami, hence missing 0 weeks. And Las Vegas are playing at home. And Miami have serious injuries on offense. Miami will have to utilise the rushing game, since Las Vegas have the 25th ranked rush defense and give up 126 yards per game. But if Las Vegas stop it, they will win easily.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 05:41 Dec25 2020 Post ID: 3453065
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Changed a few of my picks. Sorry if they look weird, trying to win my family's pick (currently in second) since I still have a shot. lol

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Dec 25th 2020 »
Warrior13 Posted: 22:21 Dec26 2020 Post ID: 3453068
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Saints blowout on Christmas. Expected.

Bucs blowout Loins today. As I said, be worried about the Bucs at the end of the season.

Beathard shocks the Cardinals. What could've been if they had gone with him five games ago.

Crazy Phins ending. Playoffs hopes still alive.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Dec 26th 2020 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:38 Dec26 2020 Post ID: 3453069
steelersrock01
+
The last 4 minutes of that game was the most excited I've been in weeks, and I'm 100% neutral on both teams. That throw is maybe, just maybe, the greatest throw I've ever seen. Definitely the best I've ever seen live and the best of this season. Fitzmagic is real. Embrace it.
Matt77 Posted: 00:20 Dec27 2020 Post ID: 3453070
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior's SF upset pick payed off, unbelievably. My Las Vegas upset pick didn't pay off, but honestly should have. We will be tied again, and Warrior moves to within 2 points of catching us. Dennis is 3 behind us.

Beathard passed at 13/22 (59%) for 182 yards (14 yards PP), 3TDs and 0INTs. From vague recollection, this may be his first ever win as a starter. I may be wrong, but I know he had a habit of playing well but narrowly losing games. His kicker tried his best to give Arizona the win. What's even crazier with Beathard, is that he only got the job as the starter because Mullens got injured.
Warrior, you were definitely right.

Before I get onto the good stuff, Miami's offensive coach NEEDS to be fired in the offseason. His playcalling doesn't suit Tua's gamestyle, and it's hurting his confidence. Passes that go an average of 5.5 yards per play are pointless. You're never going to make enough 1st downs to score TDs.

Now, how do you complete a no-look 34-yard pass, to a WR who has 2 Raiders players nearby, while also receiving a facemask, knowing that you have less than 20 seconds to move a minimum of 35 yards? Fitz is the only player in the league that could've made that pass. It's a shame I was busy and couldn't watch the game. That would've been mad to watch live.

Now it's up to Buffalo to rest their starters. In this form (especially since Tua is starting next week) they won't come close to beating a full-strength Buffalo team. And Baltimore won't lose to NY Giants or Cincy. But regardless of whether Buffalo can move to the #2 seed, I think they will play the starters. Buffalo aren't going to want to hand their rivals a playoff spot.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Dec 27th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 04:07 Dec27 2020 Post ID: 3453071
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Sorry to hear about your loss Mike.

Can the Bills beat the Chiefs in the playoffs, from what I have seen this season it's possible. Not sure who the standout team in the NFC is this year, it keeps changing. Bucs or Saints I suppose, I don't fancy either of those two teams against the Chiefs or Bills.

Warrior13 Posted: 13:37 Dec27 2020 Post ID: 3453072
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Thought Pittsburgh would somehow get back on track this week. Not looking good.
steelersrock01 Posted: 16:13 Dec27 2020 Post ID: 3453073
steelersrock01
+
Well I'll take the win, which secures the division. Not very pretty though, but definitely more encouraging than the past few weeks.
Warrior13 Posted: 19:04 Dec27 2020 Post ID: 3453074
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Man... Had the Jets and Cowboys originally, but switched because didn't want to lose any ground in my family's picks. Oh well, still gained two in my family picks because of it. Glad for that, but still two games back in both leagues. Gonna have to pull out all the stops to win, not sure it will happen. If only I hadn't had such a bad Week 1. I'd be up big. XD XD XD

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Dec 27th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 22:42 Dec27 2020 Post ID: 3453075
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
'Up big' xD

Horrible choke from Indy. They lead 24-7 against a team who had lost 3 games in a row. Not very convincing from the Dogs though.

Jacksonville have clinched the #1 pick in the draft, unbelievably. Today was a total tank job by benching Minshew, but the season as a whole hasn't been as bad as 1-14 suggests.
Some encouraging results have been:
7 point win against Indy (10-5)
3 point loss against Tennessee (10-5)
2 point loss against Houston
4 point loss against Green Bay (12-3)
2 point loss against Cleveland (10-5)
3 point overtime loss against Minnesota

Houston are likely to finish 4-12 and secure the #3 pick for Miami, unless they beat the 10-5 Titans (who will be playing for the division title). Had they beaten Cincy, it would be pick 9. That's amazing news for Miami. Don't believe the idiots who say Miami will be drafting a QB. Tua is in his rookie season, and has thrown 10TDs and 2INTs. Assuming NY Jets draft a QB, it leaves OT Penei Sewell as an option for Miami, as well as WR Ja'Marr Chase and LB Micah Parsons. Or even better, trade up with a QB-needy team who want to leapfrog Atlanta and Detroit.

I know Cleveland were banged up, but losing to the Jets is still embarrassing. Now they have to beat the 12-3 Steelers, and hope that other teams lose, in order to make the playoffs. Another win for Miami, who will probably have to play against Buffalo's starters because they weren't able to clinch the #2 seed. Amazingly, if NY Jets had closed out games better, they could've been 5-10 right now.

Dwayne Haskins's starting career is over. Now Washington have to beat a rejuvenated Eagles team, on the road, in order to make playoffs. If Smith isn't back, they will definitely lose. Dallas and NY Giants play each other, so the winner will temporarily go above Washington. If Washington make playoffs, they will receive pick 19 at best. If they lose, they will get a pick somewhere around pick 12.

Jared Goff is out injured with a broken thumb, making the Arizona game look like a loss. If Chicago beat Green Bay (who have clinched the #1 seed) as well, LA Rams will miss the playoffs. And even if they make playoffs as a wildcard team, Goff may not be back in time.

Tennessee got exposed again. What is it with AFC South leaders?

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 05:14 Dec28 2020 Post ID: 3453076
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Great news for the Dolphins. I?m hoping the Jets pass on Fields, and then some team gives us loads of picks for the selection in order to leapfrog the Falcons. Still have a lot of holes to fill.
Displaying Page 256 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close