Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Mobile
go

NFL - Discussion & Tipping Thread

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 257 of 262
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:56 Dec28 2020 Post ID: 3453078
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 156
+
I wouldn't look too much into the Browns losing, they were playing guys off the practice squad and there was no reason for the Jets to lose on purpose. Still devastating for their playoff chances though.

I'm not sure if the Bills will play starters for the #2 seed since it doesn't give a bye week anymore. I'm also assuming Pittsburgh will rest next week as well.

Just got a notification that Haskins was released. Good riddance. The third string guy played well in limited time yesterday. Haskins won't find a spot as a starter. Too immature and doesn't have the talent to make up for it.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 14:54 Dec28 2020 Post ID: 3453079
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,050
+
That's why I almost went with the Jets. lol

I have no idea who is going to play starters next week. It's so different this year now that only one team gets a bye. I can see both the Bills and Steelers resting next week, but at the same time, I can see the Bills playing their starters. For one, a loss for Miami, a divisional foe, would likely knock them out of the playoffs. Bills would also secured the #2 Seed, something that will only come in handy if they are forced to play the Steelers (most likely #3 Seed) in the second round. Personally, I would rest for both teams, especially since fans aren't really allowed and there hasn't been much of homefield advantage this year. We'll see.

I feel bad for Haskins because any QB Prospect that is a one year wonder really needs time to develop, and he never got that chance because Smith's injury. It wouldn't surprise me if some team signs him and develops him. I can the Patriots doing that if they role with Cam another year and don't draft a QB in the Top 10. I can also see the Rams doing it since they have McVay as a head coach (and really no backup to Goff). Saints (who don't know if Brees or Winston will be back) and the Bucs (who don't have an heir apparent to Brady with Rosen having been signed by the Niners) could also be in play.
steelersrock01 Posted: 16:10 Dec28 2020 Post ID: 3453080
steelersrock01
+
I think a lot of teams will avoid Haskins for the off field issues when he hasn't really flashed the talent to back it up. It's just a shame because if he wasn't so dumb he would've at least stuck around to play out his contract.
Warrior13 Posted: 19:30 Dec28 2020 Post ID: 3453081
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Close game early. I originally picked the Pats, but it was another one I reconsidered. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake like the Cowboys and Jets. lol
Matt77 Posted: 21:00 Dec28 2020 Post ID: 3453082
Matt77
Tua SZN
Post Likes: 273
+
Mike - There was still a reason for NY Jets to tank. If they lost, it meant that a Jacksonville win would send NY Jets back to the #1 pick. Yes Cleveland had a lot of starting WRs and OTs out, but they still had an above average QB, elite RB, and the defense. Mayfield had 2 chances to win it and fumbled each time, and the defense let them fall into a 3-20 hole.

When Miami faced NE, Tua was throwing to 2nd and 3rd string WRs, but still won 22-12.

Warrior - I agree that he shouldn't have been thrown to the wolves, but he had the offseason to work on his weaknesses, and came back even worse than he was. In fact, he showed slight promise in the last few weeks of 2019/20. When he faces pressure, he can't escape it because of his speed, so he throws bonehead INTs and gets too aggressive. He needs an above average or elite o-line and the same with his WRs.

Also I need to ask everyone. Are we doing playoffs tipping, or will the official competition end next week?

« Last edited by Matt77 on Dec 28th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 21:59 Dec28 2020 Post ID: 3453083
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Separate Playoffs. Only fair.
Sanzano Posted: 01:43 Dec29 2020 Post ID: 3453084
Sanzano
Post Likes: 74
+
I'll go with the flow, whatever you guys want to do.

I'm glad Haskins is gone, not sure Washington can win against the Eagles with a guy they signed off the street last week whose last name I can't remember.

I didn't realise Haskins had so many off field problems, nobody will pick him up. He's another Derrius Guice, a wasted talent.

steelersrock01 Posted: 12:22 Dec29 2020 Post ID: 3453086
steelersrock01
+
Let's keep going for the playoffs. That's where the real juicy games are. I'm on the "let's just keep with this one" boat, but if you guys want to have a new one for the playoffs I'm cool with that too, then we can have a regular season and a playoff winner. I just don't want to end in a tie, ties are lame.
Warrior13 Posted: 18:00 Dec29 2020 Post ID: 3453087
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Got twelve upsets this final week...

JK lol
Matt77 Posted: 19:29 Dec29 2020 Post ID: 3453088
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
Since there are mixed responses, lets do this; If at the end of the regular season there is a tie for 1st place, playoffs tipping will continue as part of the normal competition (1 big competition). If we have a winner, we will have this competition and then a separate playoffs competition (2 competitions).

Warrior, you're not too far away from me and Mike (2 points). You possibly don't need to throw hail marys and tip 6+ upsets. Me and Mike will probably tip conservatively, out of worry of screwing it up.

Dennis, you're 4 away. Your best bet is probably to tip lots of upsets, and hope that Week 17 is crazy. Unless you want to bank on there being a 1st place tie and the competition continuing. After all, you seem to do well in playoffs tipping.

Pittsburgh are playing their backups. That's surely given Cleveland a free pass into the playoffs. Baltimore and Indy surely won't lose to Cincy and Jacksonville respectively. That means Miami have to beat Buffalo to make it.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

steelersrock01 Posted: 23:14 Dec29 2020 Post ID: 3453089
steelersrock01
+
I'm fine with that plan if everyone else is, though it does benefit us assuming everything holds going into the playoffs. Plenty of opportunity to catch up in the playoffs though. In the 2017 season I was up by 2 against my buddy (a big Eagles fan) going into the Divisional round. Naturally I picked against them so we were tied going into the Super Bowl and he of course ends up winning.
Sanzano Posted: 07:54 Dec30 2020 Post ID: 3453090
Sanzano
Post Likes: 74
+
Four away, it's game over for me unless the competition extends into the playoffs. I'd literally have to get the entire week correct to have any chance of winning now. If Warrior pulls a horse shoe out of his ar se and wins the cometition I'll be amazed, I thought he was dead and buried in Week 2.

Has anyone shown any interest in Haskins? The guy needs to find a regular job, don't think he'll play in another game. I heard that the last time the Redskins drafted a successful quarterback in the first round was in 1937. I find that shocking, the team must have some kind of red indian curse on them, perhaps now that the indian motifs are gone the team's luck will change.

Warrior13 Posted: 12:09 Dec30 2020 Post ID: 3453092
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Without question, this has to be the best competition we've ever had. You're suppose to win by reaching 170 Wins (67% clip), but we've all got a shot at hitting that mark this year. Despite what Yahoo says, we all have two more wins to our overall records by my accounts because of the Steelers/Ravens Game and the early tie between the Bengals/Eagles. That puts Matt & Mike at 164, myself at 162, and Dennis at 160. Crazy.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Dec 30th 2020 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:49 Dec30 2020 Post ID: 3453093
steelersrock01
+
Dennis - no interest in Haskins, he cleared waivers and nobody picked him up.
Matt77 Posted: 20:38 Dec30 2020 Post ID: 3453094
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
Haskins will probably end up on a team as a 2nd or 3rd string QB. There's 31 other teams, and someone will budge. But I hope no one does. He needs a year out of the sport so that he can start fresh.

I did my Week 17 tips. The website and pick distribution suggest a few different matchups have different teams as favourites, so I'm not sure how many upsets I have actually picked. Also we don't know if Kyler Murray or Alex Smith will play. I'll probably be going back in a few days to edit a few tips.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 12:55 Jan02 2021 Post ID: 3453096
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
One day to go, and my picks haven't changed after looking them over. Don't think I will gain the two games because of this. Congrats in advance to Matt or Mike, as I have a feeling you will pick at least one different.
steelersrock01 Posted: 18:48 Jan02 2021 Post ID: 3453097
steelersrock01
+
My picks are pretty in line with the pick distribution this week, nothing crazy.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:37 Jan02 2021 Post ID: 3453098
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Changed one of my picks. Gonna roll the dice. Why not. lol
Matt77 Posted: 21:47 Jan02 2021 Post ID: 3453099
Matt77
Tua SZN
+
I did my picks a few days ago, but have changed a few. It's hard though, cause I'm still not sure about several things, such as which teams are playing starters and which starting QBs and playing. However, as far as I can tell, this is what is happening:

- Buffalo still haven't announced whether they are playing starters or not. The teams who are resting players said so earlier in the week, so I would assume that Buffalo's players will play at least 2 quarters, if not the entire game.

- Tua will have to play the entire game, since Fitz is out with the virus.

- Cleveland's key players aren't certainties to be back for the Pittsburgh game, but I would assume they will make it back in time.

- Pittsburgh are resting Big Ben at this stage, and may rest more.

- Kansas City are resting Mahomes, but at this stage no one else will be rested. Justin Herbert is miles better than Chad Henne, but KC will still have the offensive weapons that help make Mahomes look so good.

- Jared Goff is OUT, and former AAF QF John Wolford will start. I can't remember which, but one of LA Rams's key WRs may also miss the game.

- Kyler Murray is questionable to play with a leg injury. I have no idea whether he will play or not.

- Alvin Kamara is OUT with the virus, and will also miss wildcard weekend if New Orleans are scheduled to play on a Saturday. If they play on a Sunday, he can play.

- Philly are apparently resting some players for the Washington game. It seems they want to stay at pick 6.

- Alex Smith is questionable to play with a calf injury. Like Murray, I have no idea whether he'll play.

According to the pick distribution, I have 3 upset picks. It's even worse, because I have no confidence in these picks because I still don't have all the information about injuries etc. I will either win or lose this competition tomorrow, I'm sure.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 2nd 2021 »

ViolinViolinViolin

steelersrock01 Posted: 23:55 Jan02 2021 Post ID: 3453100
steelersrock01
+
The Steelers are resting almost every key starter, including Big Ben, TJ Watt, Cam Heyward, Pouncey, kicker Boswell, and safety Edmunds. Starting corner Joe Haden and TE Eric Ebron are on the covid list.
Displaying Page 257 of 262
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close