Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 263 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | 265 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 15:29 Jan28 2021 Post ID: 3453222
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Watson made it official (weeks ago) - he wants out.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jan 28th 2021 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 16:42 Jan28 2021 Post ID: 3453223
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Are we doing the NFL Draft Competition again? If so, can we base results on just the final mock draft (but do monthly updates for fun)?
Sanzano Posted: 01:28 Jan29 2021 Post ID: 3453224
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Sounds good to me Warrior13, I'm watching the developments that are happening around the league closely this year.

Another rumour has surfaced that Washington are interested in getting Derek Carr from the Raiders. I hope tha doesn't happen. I'm hoping it's either Deshaun Watson or a top four rookie. Mind you I wouldn't be disappointed if it was Ryan Fitzgpatric, a bit of Fitzmagic in DC wouldn't go amiss. Who do you guys think will be the starting quarterback for Washington?

Alex Smith
Kyle Allen
Sam Darnold
Matthew Stafford
Deshaun Watson
Derek Carr
Winston Jaimeson
Trey Lance
Ryan Fitzpatrick
or some other player...

Warrior13 Posted: 11:01 Jan29 2021 Post ID: 3453225
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If the Redskins don't get Stafford, I think they'll either trade up in the draft to get one of the Top 4 QBs or go with Hieneke. Shoot, 5 QBs might go in the Top 15 this year as Mac Jones is tearing it up at the Senior Bowl right now.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:14 Jan29 2021 Post ID: 3453226
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If we're going to do the NFL Draft Competition, I think our "for fun" mock drafts should be at the start of each month. The Senior Bowl takes place this weekend, so we can start our first Mock Drafts on Monday since that lines up with the start of February. Since there isn't a combine, the next ones wouldn't be needed until the start of March. March 1st is the cutoff date for college players to enter the NFL Draft, plus some of the QB trades should happen during February so we can adjust accordingly. Our third mock draft would be started at the start of April, which is two weeks after Free Agency (as well as after all the Pro Days that are replacing the Combine) begins so it should be wrapped up by then. And our final mock draft, of course, would be needed right before the draft takes place. We could even throw a fifth Mock Draft in for fun somewhere along the way, one that includes a certain amount of trades. Again, only our final mock draft would count towards points (last year's was a bit confusing lol).

If everyone is up for it, here are those dates:

1st Mock Draft - Submit By February 5th
2nd Mock Draft - Submit By March 5th
3rd Mock Draft - Submit By April 5th
Trades Mock Draft - Submit By April 15th (at least ten predicted trades)
Final Mock Draft - Submit Before April 30th (Draft Night - Can Be Edited Up To The Start)

Final Mock Scoring: 1 Point For Correct Draft Team OR Correct Pick Number

Example: Trevor Lawrence To Jags @ #1
1 Point If Jags Draft Him OR 1 Point If Someone Trades To #1 And Does The Same

No double points for correct team and pick number.

Sound good?

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jan 29th 2021 »
Matt77 Posted: 20:13 Jan29 2021 Post ID: 3453228
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Warrior, check the other thread lol. I revived it and asked the same question a few days ago xD

But while you're here, basically I agree with what you say. Only points for the final. And no Jan mock. The only thing is that I think Feb 5th may be a tad too soon. But we'll see.

As you pointed out, Watson wants out. The current NY Jets head coach is who he wanted to coach Houston, NY Jets are Watson's preferred destination, and they have two 1st round picks. It seems pretty obvious where he will go.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 11:19 Jan30 2021 Post ID: 3453234
Sanzano
+
Looks like Stafford is going to be a 49er. San Francisco has offered 2 second round and 2 third round picks for him. Sources say the deal will be done within days.

This means the 49ers are moving off of Garappolo who is rumoured to be heading to Chicago and his home state of Illinois. I personally thought Belichick may have grabbed him as he he knows the Patriot system.

This now makes washington the third favourites behind Miami and N.Y. Jets to get Watson. The Texans won't trade Watson to the Colts as they are in the same division. I personally think Miami are all in on Tua and the Dolphins are looking to cash in their 3rd pick in the first round or take Sewel if he is still there. Plenty of great wide recievers in this draft so the Dolphins can always nab one later in the first round and still retain their first round pick for next year along with a couple of other picks if Tua is a bust in 2021.

Until we know where Watson is going trying to predict the 2021 NFL draft is basically impossible.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 30th 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 18:07 Jan30 2021 Post ID: 3453235
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Not sure if the 49ers are going to get Stafford. They have said they haven't been in talks for him, but they could just be blowing smoke. I can't see the Lions not getting a 1st Rounder for him at this point.

Gonna to be interesting where the first domino falls. Glad it might be before the Super Bowl.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:01 Jan30 2021 Post ID: 3453236
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Stafford was traded to the Rams. Lions will receive Goff, 2021 3rd Rounder, 2022 1st Rounder and 2023 1st Rounder from the Rams.

Woah... Did not see that coming...

Lions won big... But I would not be surprised if they flip Goff too depending on if they can get a QB in the draft.
Matt77 Posted: 02:42 Jan31 2021 Post ID: 3453237
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Horrible, horrible decision by LA Rams. They lost their 2020 and 2021 1st round picks, and now they lose their 2022 and 2023 1st round picks. Absolutely horrible long-term planning. Basically it's Superbowl or bust. Stafford will make them a lot better, but that's so, so reckless.

On the other hand, Detroit's long-term rebuild has taken a huge boost. Plus they get a decent starting QB.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 03:53 Jan31 2021 Post ID: 3453238
Sanzano
+
That is a bad deal for the Rams. They get Stafford but the cost is way too much. Goff and one number one pick plus this years third round player would have been sufficient. Long term that deal is going to hurt the team. I'm not convinced Stafford is a winner, I think he is another Kirk Cousins, as stats guy. Stafford has only lost one playoff game in his career with the Lions and he has had some decent weapons around him during that time.

The Lions won big, somehow I can't see Goff in a Lions uniform, and if he is he will be relegatd after a few games to be a mentor for the rookie the Lions draft this year. Like Warrior13 says the Lions may even trade Goff to another team before the season starts as the guy has a big contract and the Lions are rebuilding. I'm thinking a team like Washington with plenty of money may be interested in Goff to replace Alex Smith.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:49 Jan31 2021 Post ID: 3453241
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Apparently, they are allergic to 1st Rounders. Bad formula for success (even though they are quite good at hitting on Day 2 guys).

Dennis: Yeah, Goff to Washington makes sense. The Lions will not get much for him because of that horrible contract, but it is better than having it on the books. A 3rd for Goff, maybe even less, seems fair. And who knows what will happen on draft night; maybe one of the Top 4 QBs fall to the Redskins and they can groom him while having Goff.
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:25 Jan31 2021 Post ID: 3453242
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Sorry I haven't been around, guys. Been really really sick with some kind of stomach bug. Not covid, thankfully, but I'm just now recovering since Tuesday.

Huge trade for the Lions, but I don't think it's so terrible for the Rams if Stafford gets them a Super Bowl. The Rams clearly value veterans more than 1st round picks and have done a good job filling out their roster with mid round guys. If Stafford's injury issues worsen or he just plays bad it's a disaster though.

I think the Lions will be in pretty good shape going forward. I'm not convinced Goff is such a huge step down from Stafford, and he should be motivated to play well. A clear downgrade, but it's not like they'll have Deshone Kizer back there. And his contract is bad but not cripplingly so and they can get out of it in 2 years assuming they don't flip him somewhere. Washington, maybe?

I'm not sure exactly what the draft competition is but I'll take a look at the other thread.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Jan 31st 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 14:48 Jan31 2021 Post ID: 3453243
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Does it matter if it was Covid? You're young, there's like a 99% survival rate for you. lol

Yeah, not sure if Stafford is all that better than Goff either. If he can get them a Super Bowl, then clearly it will be worth it. But I'm not sure they will, especially if the Niners rebound next year and the Packers still have Rodgers. (Not to mention if Watson is in the NFC.)

The Draft Competition is just us making Mock Drafts. We make three or four for fun up until the draft, with the final being graded by points for most accurate. It was close last year, like all things we do. I got eight of the first nine picks correct to start, but Dennis got a few late 1st Round hits to pull in close. We graded all of them together last year (not doing that this year, only final one counts), and Matt was most accurate over the months leading up to it.
steelersrock01 Posted: 16:08 Jan31 2021 Post ID: 3453244
steelersrock01
+
No, not really lol it's just covid is this big boogeyman. I had to go to the hospital to get fluids and had to stress that I didn't have covid cause they wanted to put me in the covid ward where I was probably going to actually pick up something worse like pneumonia.

I've got no idea where Watson will end up. The most obvious spots seem to be NYJ and Washington. I can't think of anyone else that is both QB needy and has the necessary assets. I'm not sure SF can get it done. Miami, maybe, but I think it'd be a big mistake. The Giants, if they think other teams believe Daniel Jones has potential, along with a couple first rounders and Saquon's rookie deal.
Warrior13 Posted: 17:42 Jan31 2021 Post ID: 3453245
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I could see the Giants, but I would not give up Saquon if I was them. I would give Jones, 2022 1st, 2024 1st, 2026 1st, and 2028 1st. Four 1sts (and Jones) but alternating years so I do not screw up my franchise. Plus keep #11 for a WR, whether that be Smith, Waddle or Chase. Watson + Saquon + 1st Round WR + Young OL would easily see the Giants compete for that division for the next seven or eight years, maybe even super bowl.
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:01 Jan31 2021 Post ID: 3453249
steelersrock01
+
I don't think Saquon has too much value, tbh. He's already on a top 10 contract, coming off an acl injury and then an expensive 5th year option and free agency in a couple years. We've already seen contracts like David Johnson, Elliott, and arguably Christian Mccaffery already hurt their teams because of injuries or a lack of production. A running back just isn't worth the ~15-18m he's going to want.
Matt77 Posted: 21:02 Jan31 2021 Post ID: 3453250
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
If I were Detroit, I would keep Goff, and trade down in order to get even more picks. Detroit need a long-term rebuild. Their current 1st round pick as well as two 2022 1st rounders and two 2023 1st rounders help a lot, but why not go all in on draft capital? We've seen Miami completely turn it around thanks to a monster draft.

ViolinViolinViolin

steelersrock01 Posted: 22:09 Jan31 2021 Post ID: 3453251
steelersrock01
+
Hard to say Miami has "completely" turned it around when they didn't make the playoffs, and aren't exactly running a high-powered offense. Agree with the general sentiment though.
Matt77 Posted: 07:19 Feb01 2021 Post ID: 3453252
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Going from arguably the worst roster in NFL history which overachieved, to a 10-6 record and narrowly missing playoffs, is a big turnaround that not many people saw coming. Heading into the 2021/22 season we will have a new OC that actually creates a playbook for Tua, a new WR, & some more holes filled thanks to a bunch of draft picks.

If Detroit were to trade down, they'll still keep a 1st rounder & will also get probably a bonus 2nd rounder, if not a future 1st. They're better off getting a range of picks so that they can fill more holes sooner. They can then use their future 1st rounders to fill more specific needs.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 263 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | 265 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close