Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Mobile
go

NFL - Discussion Thread

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 265 of 268
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 263 | 264 | 265 | 266 | 267 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 09:54 Feb06 2021 Post ID: 3453291
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,050
+
Brees reconstructed his contract with Saints, saving them close to 25 million as a parting gift. 99.99% retiring.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 12:39 Feb06 2021 Post ID: 3453292
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm 2-0 in picking against Brady in the Super Bowl (selected Giants both times)...

I'm 3-1 in picking with Brady in the Super Bowl (only losing the Eagles, which the Pats should've won)...

My gut says Bucs, but my head says Chiefs...

Ugghhh...

Going Bucs 31-30. Missed Butker PAT Early, Game Winning Succop Field Goal As Time Expires. Brady takes down Mahomes once again, giving him 7/10; Succop puts the nail in the coffin against the team that originally drafted him. The high and justification over the win has Brady contemplating retirement, but he returns since his love for the game is still burning fierce.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 6th 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 04:53 Feb07 2021 Post ID: 3453293
Sanzano
Post Likes: 74
+
I have been feeling the same vibes Warrior13, I now feel that social media and the press are trying to hoodwink me into believing that the GOAT Tom Brady and the Buccaneers can pull it off. When I sit down and think about it and look at the stats I can only see one winner and that's the Kansas City Chiefs. There's been a couple of times during the season where the Bucs have been badly exposed and looking at the players have on their team this will be another of those games. I see the Chiefs winning 38-17 in a blowout.

The only chance the Buccanners have and it is a slim one is exposing the injuries on the Chiefs offensive line but I don't see that being much of a factor. The Bucs may get to Mahomes a couple of times but it will still be a one-sided game.

Looks like Carson Wentz is going to Indianapolis, the deal is almost done. There is the possibility though that the deal could be hijacked by Chicago. Nick Foles could be heading back to Philadelphia in a trade with Chicago who also want Wentz.

Looks like Dak Prescott is almost definately on the move now seeing as reports are emerging that the Cowboys don't believe in him. He is being linked with the 49rs.

The Patriots want Marcus Mariotta from the Raiders.

This is good news for Washington, the more teams sign up veteran quarterbacks the better the chances of them getting a top rookie like Justin Fields or Trey Lance.

Warrior13 Posted: 05:55 Feb07 2021 Post ID: 3453294
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, sounding like Wentz is going either to the Bears or Colts. Not hearing any other team, but you never know now that it's official he's out. Patriots makes sense, but I don't think they're willing to give up as much as the Bears and Colts. Last I heard, many people believe they will get at least a 1st or two 2nds.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 7th 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:28 Feb07 2021 Post ID: 3453295
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 157
+
The news I was hearing was Bears 1st + Foles + Tarik Cohen, which I feel is really bad for the Bears. But they're so desperate for good QB play I think they'd do it. Gotta love Foles coming back to Philly, would be amazing if he started and played well.

I'm going Chiefs for the SB even though my gut is saying Tom will pull it off.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:49 Feb07 2021 Post ID: 3453296
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I would not give more than Foles and #20, especially with that horrible contract. Colts could easily pay the contract, so I could see them giving up #21 and maybe a third.
Warrior13 Posted: 19:18 Feb07 2021 Post ID: 3453297
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
One half done. Chiefs killing themselves with these penalties. They will need some Mahomes Magic in the second half if they are going to come back.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:23 Feb07 2021 Post ID: 3453298
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Bucs won. Did not see the Chiefs only scoring nine points. Not having their starting tackles hurt, but great scheming by the Bucs on defense.
Sanzano Posted: 07:25 Feb08 2021 Post ID: 3453299
Sanzano
+
Something strange about that game, it was almost as if the Chiefs were trying to lose it with all those penalties. What happened to the Chiefs explosive offense? Dropped passes and passes a 7ft Boston Celtic wouldn't have been able to catch. If it wasn't for that goal line stance by the Chiefs I would have said the game was rigged. 9 points...really. when was the last time the Kansas scored 9 points.

Reports are coming out that Washington want Sam Darnold. Looks like the are definatelt out of the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes. I'm beginning to wonder if the Texans will actually let him go.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 8th 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 13:05 Feb08 2021 Post ID: 3453300
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mahomes was under pressure almost all night long. Couple that with his toe needing surgery and the fact that the Bucs double teamed Hill and Kelce for the entire game, not to mention all the bad penalties by the Chiefs, and you pretty much know why the Chiefs were as ineffective as they were. The Chiefs shot themselves in the foot time after time, but you cannot take away that the Bucs shut them down.

Not sure why the Bucs are not in the Top 2 Favorites to win it all next year. They can only be as good as they were at the end.

Texans have told teams to stop calling about Watson. This means they either are not trading him or the offers have not been high enough. I would not be surprised if they wait until after the draft. They might not like any of the QBs not named Lawrence, so they might prefer to wait and stock up on future drafts. Maybe to the Lions if they do not draft a QB? They have four 1st round picks between 2022-2023.
Warrior13 Posted: 10:02 Feb10 2021 Post ID: 3453301
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Washington signs Hieneke for two years. Good bridge or backup plan. Looking more like Watson will be trapped in Houston.

Still waiting to see where Wentz in traded to.
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:05 Feb10 2021 Post ID: 3453302
steelersrock01
+
Nice little contract for Heinicke. Reports are that the Eagles asking price for Wentz is too high but you've gotta assume they'll come down. Offseason's just getting started.
Warrior13 Posted: 17:46 Feb10 2021 Post ID: 3453303
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think the Eagles are just screwing with these teams in hopes of driving up the price. Oh, Bears, you will give us Foles and a 2nd? That sounds good let get this deal done... Up, scratch that, the Colts literally just offered us two 2nds, so you will have to do better. Okay, so you will bump to Foles & #20? Even better, lets go with that... Oh wait, sorry, but the Colts just offered a 1st & 3rd, so you will have to do better. So you will throw in Cohen with Foles & #20? Perfect... Uh-oh...

If I was Bears, I would tell the Eagles to **** off. And then I would call the Colts and tell them that we were out so they could lowball the Eagles.
Sanzano Posted: 10:52 Feb11 2021 Post ID: 3453306
Sanzano
+
Dak Prescott got left of the 2021 Dallas Cowboys promotional video and Dak follows the Washington football team. It will be interesting to see what happens with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with the Colts.

Jets have been quiet with what they intend to do. Do they stick with Darnold and trade down. It makes more sense for them, they could do with the draft capital to build their team. I'm sure Wasington would offer them two number 1 picks and a player like Ryan Kerrigan for the number 2 pick in the draft to pick up Justin Fields who Rivera likes.

I hear Washington are interested in picking up Allen Robinson in free agency from the Bears.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 11th 2021 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 12:01 Feb11 2021 Post ID: 3453307
steelersrock01
+
I saw a report that the Jets want to grab Juju Smith Schuster and Will Fuller in free agency, so maybe they want to get some weapons and let Darnold try one more year.

The Cowboys would be fools to not keep Dak. They also can still franchise tag him if necessary.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:38 Feb11 2021 Post ID: 3453309
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I've told my friends since the last draft that the Cowboys should try to trade Prescott and a few picks for Rodgers. Dallas would instantly become a Super Bowl favorite, and the Packers could keep Dak for a year (or two) on the Franchise Tag before trading him (sign & trade) for a few picks when Love is ready.

Jets won't be doing anything with Darnold until Wentz is traded, unless they get a huge offer for him (but I doubt if anyone is going to give up a 1st Rounder for Darnold, unless the Saints are desperate). Jets nabbing a few receivers in Free Agency won't change what they intend to do with Darnold. If they sign Fuller or Smith Schuster or Robinson, or even a combination of those three, I still see them drafting Wilson or Fields if they can't trade for Watson.
Matt77 Posted: 09:16 Feb12 2021 Post ID: 3453311
Matt77
Tua SZN
Post Likes: 273
+
I know it's late to comment, but boy I didn't see that scoreline coming. Well, maybe I did. I haven't been convinced with KC all season long, but thought that the team would rise to the occasion and make it very competitive. Major props to Tampa Bay for winning a SB from being the 5th seed and upsetting New Orleans, Green Bay, & Kansas City in a row.

The dynasty continues, in a different team.

I have to say though, once again I lost interest in the season due to the 2 week break. I actually forgot that the Superbowl was on until well after the game had finished. Nevertheless, now we move into draft mode.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 10:43 Feb12 2021 Post ID: 3453314
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Glad to see you recalled to life. :P

Bucs are hoping to bring it all the way back next year in LA, but that's going to be tough. Seven of their twenty-two starters are free agents, three of which are big names looking to get top dollar. Godwin, Barrett, and David going to cost a pretty penny unless they each sign for one year at a discounted price. Gronk, AB, Fornette and Suh probably already know they would need to be at the veteran's minimum or close to it if they want to return. A number of impending free agents are said to be interested in joining Brady (as well as Stafford in LA).

The Pouncy Twins both retire. Sort saw that one coming. Both had pretty good career.

JJ Watt was released, per his request, by the Texans. Could you imagine if the Bucs can resign Barrett and Suh, and then add Watt to go with them JPP? A little older, but crazy to think. Or how about pairing Watt with Danold in LA? Dude...
steelersrock01 Posted: 23:53 Feb12 2021 Post ID: 3453317
steelersrock01
+
Watt will definitely take a discount to go somewhere he likes. I can see Tampa. The Packers too, that's his hometown team. Even the Bills, maybe. He makes any team better.
Warrior13 Posted: 05:42 Feb13 2021 Post ID: 3453319
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
His brothers really want him in Pittsburgh with them.
Displaying Page 265 of 268
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 263 | 264 | 265 | 266 | 267 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close