Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 268 of 460
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 266 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270 | ... | 458 | 459 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 14:33 Feb21 2021 Post ID: 3453428
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I agree with you Warrior13 but you have to look at it from the Texans point of view. DeShaun Watson?s are a generational player that some teams never get to have. If he leaves Houston and wins a Super Bowl with another team it?s a bitter pill the team has to swallow. Miami for example are still looking for their next Dan Marino, true elite quarterback are hard to come by, no guarantee the five number 1?s the Texans get amount to anything.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 21st 2021 »

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 02:01 Feb22 2021 Post ID: 3453432
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Dennis - I would usually agree that you need to hold onto a franchise QB, but it's clear he doesn't want to play for Houston. It would be a disaster for them if Watson sat out the season like Le'Veon Bell did at Pittsburgh, because they would 100% know he would never play for them again, and it would significantly lower his trade value. They need to play hard ball, talk to as many other teams as possible, and force a bidding war that results in a team giving up four 1st rounders, or three 1st rounders + a player.

Warrior - I used to be open to the idea, but three 1st rounders at minimum is pretty expensive. It would also mean the WR group stays mostly the same, and we would have no 1st rounder for 2022 either.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:52 Feb22 2021 Post ID: 3453433
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
The players know their power nowadays. They'll threaten to sit out and then actually go through with it like Bell did. And for a guy like Watson it would work out because he knows that the Texans will need to get something for him, and the longer he sits the more his value drops because other teams will know the Texans are desperate to get value out of him. If he's truly set on not playing for them, a win for the Texans is trading him before he has the opportunity to sit out and tank his value.
Warrior13 Posted: 10:45 Feb22 2021 Post ID: 3453437
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Dennis: I just don't think it makes sense for the Dolphins, who are clearly still rebuilding. Miami has gotten lucky to win as many games as they have in the past two seasons because their roster didn't equate to such records. Miami needs to keep their picks, perhaps even trade down for more, and stick with Tua. He started, what, eight games last year? Three of them were very poor performances, but the others were pretty darn good (especially his tape against the Cardinals). Most rookies have up and down performances, so the Phins should be understanding of that and continue to build him. Very rarely does a Herbert dominate in year one (and that play won't dictate if he'll end up being a superstar or not).

Matt: Yep. We need to keep our picks (perhaps trade down for more) and continue to build. We have so many holes and areas of improvement.

Mike: Exactly. Get rid of him now and cash in on the high demand. IF you wanna wait until Darnold is traded, fine. But you have to get this done before the draft at the latest, preferably before Free Agency at the middle of March.
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:47 Feb22 2021 Post ID: 3453438
steelersrock01
+
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Watson would be the highest-profile player to sit out. Leveon Bell sat out a season but he's a running back and I'd argue that that didn't exactly work out for him in the end.
Warrior13 Posted: 05:54 Feb23 2021 Post ID: 3453440
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
By far he would be. I can't see it coming to that, unless Houston wants to continue to ruin its franchise.
Matt77 Posted: 22:32 Feb26 2021 Post ID: 3453472
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
What is everyone's prediction for where Deshaun Watson will play in 2020/22? I still think NY Jets, but there hasn't been much written about that for almost a month, and other teams are entering the race.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:02 Feb27 2021 Post ID: 3453475
steelersrock01
+
Kind of hard to say. He seems adamant about not playing for the Texans. The Jets seem like the obvious landing spot. The 49ers may make an offer.

It's getting a little complicated because now Russell Wilson has expressed that he'd like a trade, preferably to the Bears. But other teams will certainly be making offers for him too, and I'd argue many of them would rather have Wilson over Watson. If you keep up on NFL twitter/reddit, you can see that ever since Wilson started talking about getting traded, Watson's camp ramped up and started putting out messages about him sitting out.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:57 Feb27 2021 Post ID: 3453480
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Watson has had a meeting with the new coach and told him explicitly that he will not be playing for the Texans ever again. They will play hardball through free agency, but will trade imo before the draft. I'd have to think the Panthers are the favorites at this point. By all accounts, Jets will be drafting Zach Wilson after trading Darnold.

Wilson actually hasn't asked for a trade, but gave four teams he'd like to be traded to. In essence, he wants out. Dallas makes too much sense, but I'd have to think they would ship him outside of the NFC. That leaves the Raiders on his short list of teams.
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:59 Feb27 2021 Post ID: 3453482
steelersrock01
+
I heard the Bears too for Wilson. If I'm the Raiders do I really want to give up the reported 3 first round picks for Wilson when I have Derek Carr? I'm not sure. Defense is the much bigger issue on that team, as it is with Dallas. Chicago makes the most sense personnel wise.
Sanzano Posted: 14:12 Feb27 2021 Post ID: 3453485
Sanzano
+
Dallas Cowboys want to trade Dak Prescott plus their number 1 pick in 2021 for Russell Wilson. I think this is more likely to happen than Wilson going to the Bears. I personally think Seattle will tell Wilson they will improve the offensive line to stop the number of sacks he has to take each season.

I hear talk that the Jets will stick with Darnold one more year while he is on his rookie contract and get him Kyle Pitts in the draft. Apparently he is the best tight end to come out of college since Kellen Winslow. The Jets can probably trade down a few spots with a quarterback needy team and still get him.

Dolphins I think will stick with Tua and give him Jamar Chase in the draft.

Deshaun Watson will be sitting out the season, the Texans aren?t even interested in taking calls for him. I personally think they should take the 4 number ones and move on.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Feb 27th 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 14:20 Feb27 2021 Post ID: 3453486
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mike: Like I said, I doubt the Seahawks trade him within the NFC. Bears fit, but it makes Seattle looks all the worse if wins early. By shipping him to the Raiders, they'd force him to go through Mahomes. Three 1sts is steep, but I doubt they would get that much for Wilson. Watson is a different story because of age.

Dennis: It might cost a little more than just Dak and one 1st because of his injury, but I agree. Probably two 1sts and Dak, or Dak, a 1st and Ceedee Lamb. Don't see Darnold being a Jet. I would keep him if I were them, but I don't think they're smart enough to do so. Trade back, get even more picks, and fix your team with the Top 3 QB Draftee you have. Dolphins better stick with Tua; trade back and get more picks two fill the various holes. Texans will trade Watson as it gets closer to draft; I'm sure if the Panthers will give up three 1sts, McCaffery and Bridgewater, they would easily give up another 1st to seal the deal.
Sanzano Posted: 04:11 Feb28 2021 Post ID: 3453495
Sanzano
+
Warrior13, a 1st round pick, Dak Prescott and Cedee Lamb. I'd take that if I was the Seahawks.

If DeShaun Watson is traded I think it will be Carolina, he's just using the NY Jets to wind up the Texans because they didn't interview Salah. I don't think he really wants to go there, they would trade all their assets to get him and then have no way to get pieces to help him.

Dolphins have no intention of moving on from Tua at this point, his rookie season may not have been as spectacular as Herbert or Burrows before he got injured but you have to give the guy a chance, he's young and coming off a major injury so you can understand why he is playing it safe. Who knows if the Dolphins draft Devonta Smith people may be making comparisons to Marino and Duper in a couple of years time.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:22 Feb28 2021 Post ID: 3453497
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I would take that as well if I was Seattle, unless the Raiders give three 1sts and Carr.

Carolina just makes the most sense. He is from that area and they have enough pieces where the loss in draft capital will not hurt them as much. Jets have too many holes; they need their picks.

Everyone is high on Herbert, but I think everyone needs to stop the hype for now. He had a great year, but now teams will plan more against him. Not to mention, the Broncos, Chiefs and Raiders did not have the best of defenses last year. His stats might be a little fooling. I would not be surprised if he has a sophomore slump this year as most QBs do.

I would also have concerns about Burrow at this point. The ligament damage done in his knee was between Wentz and Bridgewater in terms of severity. We all know how they looked after those injuries; Burrow might never be the same.

Tua might be the best of the bunch a few years from now, but you have to stick with him. Lets not forget the year before we draft Tua, the Phins had the so called worst roster in the NFL. It was not much better last year; they only did as well as they did because of coaching and an easier schedule.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 28th 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 17:07 Feb28 2021 Post ID: 3453503
Sanzano
+
Looks like Miami are all in on Tua, they are letting Fitzpatrick go to Washington.

Warrior13 Posted: 11:53 Mar01 2021 Post ID: 3453511
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
JJ Watt signing with the Cardinals...

What the heck? lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:58 Mar01 2021 Post ID: 3453512
steelersrock01
+
Uhhh, okay I guess. Kinda strange but he definitely makes them better if he can stay healthy. A stronger defensive front should take pressure off their defensive backs. They struggled in both areas last year.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:33 Mar01 2021 Post ID: 3453515
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
He initially said he wanted to play for a real contender, but I guess money did most of the talking here.
Sanzano Posted: 13:01 Mar01 2021 Post ID: 3453518
Sanzano
+
Washington have released Alex Smith. Looks like Chicago are interested, I don?t understand why because the guy can?t move and every time he touches the ball you worry about his health. He proved his point, he should just retire now.

Who do you think will be the starting quarterback next year for Washington?

I think it will be Sam Darnold, I can?t see Cam Newton, Teddy Bridgewater,Marcus Marriotta or Fitzpatrick in burgundy and gold.

steelersrock01 Posted: 13:38 Mar01 2021 Post ID: 3453520
steelersrock01
+
If they don't trade up to draft one I think it'll actually be Heinecke. I don't think Darnold would do well there and at this point Newton and Bridgewater are no better really. Mariota will likely command too high a salary. I can see Fitzpatrick playing mercenary again if he signs cheap. Washington is in kind of a weird spot. I can also see a trade for Jimmy G. Honestly I have no idea. Anything seems possible.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Mar 1st 2021 »
Displaying Page 268 of 460
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 266 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270 | ... | 458 | 459 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close