Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 302 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 23:11 Jul24 2021 Post ID: 3454989
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Cleveland doesn't make much sense for Howard, they already have a top 10 corner in Denzel Ward, a top 5 slot corner in Troy Hill, a top 3 safety in John Johnson and another solid safety in Ronnie Harrison, plus Greedy Williams is coming back and they just drafted Greg Newsome.

The Saints make more sense but I'd think they would like to keep their first round pick as they're on track for a down year and are entering a rebuild, plus Howard is going to demand a very expensive extension and the Saints are perpetually in cap trouble.

Howard is definitely an upgrade on just about every team though.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 01:36 Jul25 2021 Post ID: 3454991
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Losing Howard is going to make us a far worse team. A 1st round pick isn't really enough, unless New Orleans are going to finish 8-9 or worse.

Things were looking very good for Miami, but poor decisions are being made in the past 6 months. This is going to be a very important year and draft.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 03:55 Jul25 2021 Post ID: 3454994
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I have to agree with steelersrock01, I don't think the Saints will give up their first round pick. They are not going to do much in 2021 and will probably want to use their high first round pick on a successor to Drew Brees, they currently have:

QB1: Taysom Hill

QB1: Jamies Winston

QB3: Trevor Siemian

QB4: Ian Book.

None of those players is a franchise quarterback the Saints can build around. They will probably be looking to draft one of the following players in the 2022 draft:

#1 - Sam Howell, North Carolina
#2 - Spencer Rattler, Oklahoma
#3 - Desmond Ridder, Cincinnati
#4 - Kedon Slovis, USC
#5 - Malik Willis, Liberty
#6 - Carson Strong, Nevada
#7 - J.T. Daniels, Georgia
#8 - Matt Corral, Mississippi
#9 - Jayden Daniels, Arizona State
#10 - Phil Jurkovec, Boston College

I have not heard of any of these players aside from Sam Howell and Spencer Rattler and that's only because they are projected to be the first players taken of the board in the 2022 draft.

The Dolphins may have to take a couple of seconds or thirds and a couple of later round players if they deal Howard to New Orleans. I also can't see where Howard would fit in at Cleveland and would say the Saints is his most likely destination.

steelersrock01 Posted: 09:49 Jul25 2021 Post ID: 3454998
steelersrock01
+
Matt, generally agree that Howard is worth more than one 1st rounder but if he's vocally dissatisfied with his contract that means he's only going to play for this year and then potentially hold out for a new contract that makes him the highest paid CB. So any team that trades for him is definitely going to be keeping that in mind.
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:54 Jul25 2021 Post ID: 3455000
steelersrock01
+
Report just came in that Deshuan Watson is going to report to training camp to avoid a 50k per day fine but he still wants to be traded. I guess at this point he's slated to play as normal?
Warrior13 Posted: 11:26 Jul25 2021 Post ID: 3455003
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I'm not surprised he reported. I don't think has much to do with the money but rather wanting some media on anything but his civil trial.

Yeah, the NFL isn't going to suspend him over a civil trial that has yet to take place. And since it won't begin until after the 2021-2022 Season, he should be good to play. That's why I've been saying a team should trade for him while his stock is low, especially if they are loaded enough to make a run this year. The Raiders and Broncos make the most sense, but the Giants and Redskins do as well. Will any of them make the move is the bigger question. In terms of rolling the dice on him being able to play for the long term, the Eagles have the most to gamble with when it comes to draft capital.
Sanzano Posted: 13:40 Jul25 2021 Post ID: 3455004
Sanzano
+
You hit the nail in the head Warrior13, trading for Watson is a gamble. You could be giving up a lot of assets on a player that can't play. The evidence against Watson is pretty damming so I can understand why nobody wants to pull the trigger.

If Watson is training with the Texans and doesn't play won't he still be fined? Another selfish player thinking about himself and not the team. If he has no intentions of playing he is just basically wasting everybody's time so he can pick up his paycheck. I now dislike Watson as much as Rodgers.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jul 25th 2021 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 14:25 Jul25 2021 Post ID: 3455007
steelersrock01
+
If he doesn't play during the season I'm not sure if he gets fined but he wouldn't get his game check, so he essentially wouldn't be getting paid.

Also important to note that under the new bargaining agreement, if a player holds out by not showing up or leaves camp for more than 5 days, they'll lose an accrued season towards free agency. Which means your career is essentially paused while you hold out, so you can sit on year 4 of your contract for multiple years and not get a second contract until you show up. Along with the 50k a day which can quickly turn into a significant amount of a money. Essentially ends the concept of holding out as we knew it before. This was a concession the players made to get a bigger % of the revenue, a positive for 99% of players while only affecting the top 1% that have the clout to hold out.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:39 Jul26 2021 Post ID: 3455011
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Houston Texans have officially declared they are seeking to trade Watson. However, they are still expecting the combined sum of five high draft picks or talented players. They basically want five first round picks or players previously selected in such.

They are absolutely crazy. They received an offer close to that from the Panthers before the civil trial news came out, including Bridgewater, McCaffery and three 1sts. They will not be getting anything close to such now. I'll be surprised if they get anything more than a 1st, and that's only if he can play this year. There is a new report that says a total of ten women have filed complaints about Watson with the Houston Police Department.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jul 26th 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 16:07 Jul26 2021 Post ID: 3455012
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Packers close to bringing back Rodgers for this year. In order to convince him to stay, they will minus a year from his deal (making 2022-2023 his final contract year). They also are said to be willing to listen to his concerns with the front office, but I doubt they will remove anyone based on Rodgers wishes.

Bad move in my opinion. His value can only go down from here. Even if he has another good year, he will be yet another year older. Rodgers and Adams have both basically made it known that this will be their last year with the team, so why no just trade the two together for like three or fours 1sts and a couple of good players?
Sanzano Posted: 00:18 Jul27 2021 Post ID: 3455013
Sanzano
+
I make you right Warrior13, the Packers need to get rid of both of them now and move forward. I think Packer management think they can win the Super Bowl this year under Rodgers and will hang on a year.

That Carolina trade now looks good for Watson, the Texans must be kicking themselves they didn't take it when they had the chance. I don't think they get more than two number 1's and a couple of decent players that are not big names now.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jul 27th 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 17:07 Jul27 2021 Post ID: 3455023
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Rodgers showed up for training camp. He will play this year as a Packer. Unless they win the super bowl, I still see him wanting out. The real question is if Adams signs a new contract with the Packers or if he leaves after this year and follows Rodgers to a new team.

I doubt they will get more than one 1st Rounder, if even that.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:18 Jul27 2021 Post ID: 3455024
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Xavien Howard has requested a trade. Miami will easily get a 1st plus more for him. Could they take advantage of a team like they did Houston with Tunsil? Maybe. CB is a top five position, he is in his prime, and he has led the NFL in interceptions two of last three years. I could see a team giving up two 1sts for him if a bidding war starts.
Sanzano Posted: 01:17 Jul28 2021 Post ID: 3455025
Sanzano
+
I'm not sure about two firsts, maybe a first and a third. I don't recall a player other than Keyshawn Johnson and several quarterbacks going for two firsts. Keyshawn Johnson was traded to the Buccanners for their no 13 and No. 27 picks in Round One of the 2000 draft.

Is Xavien Howard that good? From what I've read he's not even the best player in the secondary at Miami.

Matt77 Posted: 07:58 Jul28 2021 Post ID: 3455028
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
It looks like to me that Rodgers wanted out, but no offers came.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 09:47 Jul28 2021 Post ID: 3455031
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis: Miami got two 1sts for Tunsil just a few years ago. Howard is probably the best in our secondary, but he is not the highest paid. But you cannot expect to sign a huge contract and then two years later want another one just because all the guaranteed money has been paid to you.

Matt: Hard to offer something for a player when the organization he is with refuses to listen to offers. lol
Sanzano Posted: 10:47 Jul28 2021 Post ID: 3455033
Sanzano
+
Tunsil must have been elite level at his position when the trade happened, he's only ranked 6th in the NFL now which means Miami won that trade, I think Miami also got a second round pick as well out of it so they definately got a good deal. Are there any other players that went for two 1sts that are not quarterbacks. I think they are few and far between.

Warrior13 Posted: 13:25 Jul28 2021 Post ID: 3455034
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
CB Jalen Ramsey did a couple of years ago from the Jags to the Rams. S Adams as well from the Jets to Seahawks. Ramsey has been worth it, but I do not think Tunsil or Adams were. But you are right, not too many.

A 1st and 3rd makes sense, but I am hoping Miami can get more than that. Much like Ramsey, CB is a premium position. Only drawback is he will want a new contract, which limits the landing spots. Chargers could use him and they got 20 million is space. Panthers would be interesting as they could pair him with Jaycee Horn and have a lethal one two combo as Horn gets used to the NFL.
Sanzano Posted: 14:23 Jul28 2021 Post ID: 3455035
Sanzano
+
Arizona Cardinals are currently favourites to get Xavian Howard, that is if they can afford him. Miami needs a bidding war otherwise they will end up flogging Howard for less than he is worth. The amount of money Howard is asking is putting off lots of teams that would otherwise be interested.

Warrior13 Posted: 14:32 Jul28 2021 Post ID: 3455036
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Arizona only has about eleven million in cap space, making it difficult. However, now that I think about things, I think they can make it work. Chandler Jones recently requested a trade from the Cardinals since he wants a new contract, so Miami and the Cardinals could swap the two plus draft picks and give each a new deal.

How about the following trade:
Miami Receives Chandler Jones & 2022 Arizona 1st
Arizona Receives Xavien Howard & 2022 Miami (via SF) 3rd

That seems fair since Jones is a little older. The Cardinals replace Patrick Peterson at CB, and Miami gets Jones to pair with 1st Rounder Pick Phillips on the D-Line.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jul 28th 2021 »
Displaying Page 302 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close