Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 317 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 18:20 Sep12 2021 Post ID: 3455549
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Uh, AAron Rodgers benched? I was out to dinner, what happened in that game?
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 19:26 Sep12 2021 Post ID: 3455551
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
When I was over at my folks' place for one of the preseason games, the Saints schedule was shown. My dad and I both thought the Saints could start 4-0 if they defeat the Packers, and that's looking likely. Winston didn't force anything, and their defense was incredible. If Winston keeps the turnovers down, this could easily be a playoff team.

Phins won in a close one. Had a feeling it would be tight on the road against Belicheck. Glad to walk away with the W. Tua looked good, but O-Line struggled at times. Only pick happened when he was being chased down by two rushers. Have the Bills next week, and that might not be so pretty. If they can upset them, it would be huge. But you have to think the Bills will want revenge after losing today to the Steelers at home.

Chiefs escape with a W, but I saw that coming the later it got in the game. You have to keep your foot on their throats like the Bucs did in order to defeat them. Broncos look real sharp with Bridgewater. They might be in the Wild Card contention at the end of the year.

Sad to see Fitzmagic get hurt. Hopefully Hieneke can hold down the fort.
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:15 Sep12 2021 Post ID: 3455552
steelersrock01
+
Hienecke seemed to do well enough in relief today, just going by the stat line.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:42 Sep12 2021 Post ID: 3455553
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Couldn't pull out the win though. Redskins needed that one.
Sanzano Posted: 00:45 Sep13 2021 Post ID: 3455554
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Herbert is a nightmare out in the open field, he's not so effective in the red zone when things tighten up, Washington were able to get to him a couple of times.

I hate to say it but Hienecke looks like a better qarterback than Fitzpatrick who looked hopeless before he got injured. Problem is Hienecke is a backup quarterback with limitations. Dyami Brown looked out of his depth as the second wide reciever and Chase Young did absolutely nothing. No surprise that the two players that kept Washington in the game were Antonio Gibson and Terry McLaren.

Dolphins fans must be happy with the win.

Stafford has a 156 quarterback rating which is incredible.

Kansas struggled against Cleveland.

Warrior13 Posted: 06:59 Sep13 2021 Post ID: 3455555
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I thought the Redskins front four would keep the Chargers offense in check, but that did not happen as well as it could. Unless they can pull off an upset or two, Cowboys look to be the favorites. I do not see the Eagles challenging for the division despite their win.

Phins Fans are happy, but they would be ecstatic if they can do as the Steelers did and upset the Bills next week. Otherwise, it will be par for the course.

I hope the Ravens win tonight. I will gladly take an 8-8 week after such a horrible start.
Sanzano Posted: 09:09 Sep13 2021 Post ID: 3455556
Sanzano
+
Not sure what is up with Chase Young, he did absolutely nothing except grab air in the Chargers game. Everybody now is jumping on the Cam Newton bandwagon, I'd rather roll the dice with Hienicke, people forget how bad Newton looked last year. His time is over. If anyone gets a call it will probably be Marcus Marriotta, he was the guy Rivera was interested in last year before they went with Fitzgerald.

I bet Herbert after this season will be mentioned in the same breath as Mahomes, Brady, Allen and Favre. The guy reminds me of Dan Marino with a release that is not as quick. The Redskin front four couldn't get to Herbert when the field is stretched, he wasn't quite as effective inside the 20, Washington shut him down a couple of times by not giving him enough time to throw the ball otherwise they would have given up another 14 points. It is now 8 games that Washington has not conceeded more than 20 poinnts.

Warrior13 Posted: 11:03 Sep13 2021 Post ID: 3455557
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mariota would be interesting, but Cam would come at no cost of draft capital. Not sure what it would take to trade for Mariota. Maybe a 3rd? I think they will roll with Hienecke until he proves he doesn't have what it takes.

I'm still not sold on Herbert. Maybe if he has another good year, but I think teams will be prepared for him. Redskins struggled against him because they have holes in their secondary.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 13th 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:43 Sep13 2021 Post ID: 3455558
steelersrock01
+
I think Herbert might struggle a little. Sophomore slumps aren't unheard of. He's gonna have a great career though. The offensive line might hurt him.

Stafford is going to a demon with the Rams. He was great with the Lions, but was often forced to try and make crazy plays cause they were always down. With a good defense supporting him I think he can take them far. Wouldn't be surprised if that whole division makes the playoffs.
Sanzano Posted: 01:15 Sep14 2021 Post ID: 3455559
Sanzano
+
I wish Herbert had of struggled on Sunday, the guy nearly threw for 400 yards.

Washington have killed Cam Newtons hopes by signing Kyle Shurmur, Kyle who?
The guy has a cannon for an arm but that's about it. Looks like Taylor Hieneke is the man for the time being.

Good win by the Raiders over the Ravenns, I had Baltimore winning that one. I barely got half the games correct this week. Always surprises on Week 1. The funny thing is though, I'm leading in the competition.

Warrior13 Posted: 04:59 Sep14 2021 Post ID: 3455560
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I should have went with my gut, could have been 10-6. Oh well. lol
Matt77 Posted: 08:52 Sep14 2021 Post ID: 3455562
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Nice work Dennis with picking some upsets. It paid off since you go 2/3.

Jacksonville are a mess. 3INTs for Lawrence is a concern. Looking at the Houston team, I didn't realise that they had so many solid players. They'll do better than I thought this season.

I didn't see Tennessee getting thrashed by Arizona. Hard to know whether that was Tennessee playing bad, or just a quality Arizona team doing what they were expected to do.

Pittsburgh winning @ Buffalo might just be the upset of the week. Buffalo have to be careful, since they play us next week and divisional games are a bit random.

What is wrong with Atlanta?! They shouldn't be losing that game, let alone getting destroyed 6-32 AT HOME. Jalen Hurts was surprisingly good. Honorable mention to Philly's starting left tackle Jordan Mailata, who is Australian, was a 7th round pick, and had never played the game until a few years ago. He recently got a big contract extension for a left tackle.

Cleveland choked as expected.

Scratch what I said earlier. New Orleans beating Green Bay 38-3 is clearly the upset of the week. Winston threw 5TDs off 14 completions. Things are very wrong at Green Bay.

Las Vegas finally won a close/primetime game. Throwing an INT in the end zone in overtime was pretty standard for them, but luckily they were able to force a strip sack. Even then they almost threw victory away, but got there in the end.

Miami got a lucky win. New England were in clear scoring range with a few minutes left, but Miami forced a strip sack and didn't give the ball back. Tua's INT was a Miami WR drop, so his stats look worse than they actually were. Mac Jones played well from the highlights, but his o-line did a very good job.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:11 Sep14 2021 Post ID: 3455563
steelersrock01
+
No surprise Jax struggled, but I did expect them to beat Houston. Anyone who thought Lawrence wasn't going to have growing pains was fooling themselves. Same for all of these rookie QBs.

I thought Ten/Ari was going to be much closer but saw it going wither way. When you let one player get 5 sacks you're just setting yourself up for a bad time.

Philly is a better team than people are giving them credit for, and Atlanta is pretty bad. There's a reason Atlanta had the #4 pick and they didn't really improve in the offseason. Pitts was invisible out there, and if you look back at some stats for recently prominent TEs it takes them a year or so before they hit their stride.

I was this close to picking Raiders over the Ravens. I knew with all the Ravens RB and CB injuries it was going to be close - and I still don't trust Lamar Jackson to throw the ball consistently.
Warrior13 Posted: 09:52 Sep14 2021 Post ID: 3455565
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
At least none of us did so bad where we cannot recover.

My family picks is another story. Somehow my second cousin (more like niece) won 12 Games. I wish I had that sort of luck.
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:12 Sep14 2021 Post ID: 3455567
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, plus we've got the extra week of games this year too.
Sanzano Posted: 15:10 Sep14 2021 Post ID: 3455568
Sanzano
+
Don?t forget Washington play the Giants on Thursday night.

Aaron Rogers is getting ripped apart on social media. He looks like a guy who has done nothing to prepare for the new season, he has let his teammates down.

I personally get the feeling Rogers is not interested in this season, he is eyeing up a move to Denver after it has finished. I guess it?s Rogers way of getting his own back on the Packer organisation for drafting Jordan Love. All the Packers wanted was one last shot at the Super Bowl while their window was open.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Sep 14th 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 15:41 Sep14 2021 Post ID: 3455569
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
All will be fine after the Packers slay the Lions.
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:33 Sep14 2021 Post ID: 3455570
steelersrock01
+
I think he was really expecting to get traded before the season.
Warrior13 Posted: 19:06 Sep14 2021 Post ID: 3455571
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Not happening now until the offseason. Packers should have traded him to the 49ers for #3 plus other picks. Love with Jones, Adams, and Pitts would have been a good core moving forward.
Sanzano Posted: 11:04 Sep15 2021 Post ID: 3455572
Sanzano
+
Without a shadow of a doubt Warrior13, it's the Packer's own fault. Everybody knows that Rodgers is not easy to get along with, they should have figured out by his attitude during the offseason he was not interested in going back to Green Bay. All that has happened now is the Packers are just throwing money away on a player who has no intention of playing to his ability because he is sulking. Rodgers' attitude is the complete opposite to Russell Wilson, who had similar problems with the Seahawks during the offseason. Wilson got what he wanted and put in the preparation before the season started, and it is now paying dividends.

Can the Packers fire Rodgers, so they don't waste any more money, or is he guaranteed the money regardless of how he performs? It's a crazy situation, the whole Packers team looked awful last Sunday. I bet they only sneak past the mighty Detroit Lions this weekend, something like 21-17.

Displaying Page 317 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close