Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 319 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 15:21 Sep19 2021 Post ID: 3455600
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
What has happened to the Dolphins? They are getting beat 35-0 in the 4th quarter. Tua was 1 completion in 4 attempts before he got injured. I think after this Miami have no choice but to go all in and get DeShaun Watson. The Dolphins look awful, getting beat by that score is embarrassing, it wasn?t even close. Something wrong internally for the team to destruct like that on both sides of the ball. Josh Allen didn?t even have a particularly good game.

Looking at the highlights and it appears as if it?s the offensive line of Miami which is the it just looked horrible, the blocking was pathetic. You can?t blame this loss on Tua, he didn?t stand a chance. He?ll still be made the scapegoat.

Great call Warrior13 on the Panthers beating New Orleans, I didn?t realize the Panthers had beaten the Saints in their previous three meetings.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Sep 19th 2021 »

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 20:06 Sep19 2021 Post ID: 3455601
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Glad to see all of us bounce back after a so-so last week. I wish I had gone undefeated, but I'll take what I can get. I have no clue how the Seahawks didn't put away the Titans when they were up big, previously being 52-0 when up by at least fifteen (not anymore). Not sure how the Steelers lost to the Raiders either, especially when the Raiders are pretty much one dimensional this season with hardly a run game. Chargers screwed me hard; they easily should've won but they had loads of bad penalties and Herbert had two horrible picks. Oh well, onto next week pretty much.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:36 Sep19 2021 Post ID: 3455602
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Chiefs lost to the Ravens. Wow. I knew their defense was bad, but it was downright horrible. Then their offense gave up two turnovers in the fourth while going scoreless. What is going on?
Sanzano Posted: 03:54 Sep20 2021 Post ID: 3455604
Sanzano
+
Lol, I went to bed pretty much convinced the Chiefs and Seahawks would take care of business. I was a bit shocked to see both teams had lost to be honest. The Seahawks when I went to bed had a commanding lead so don't know what happened there.

What's the news coming out of Miami? Is Tua playing next week, have they contacted the Texans and gone all in on Watson? 35-0 is an unbelievable score line, I still can't get my head around it. I'm sure the reasons why it happened will come to light in the forthcoming days. It just looks like Miami literally gave up for some reason. It shows bad team character to be honest. I hope Miami are not up to their old tanking tricks and hoping to get Howell or Rattler in the 2022 draft because the Texans want too much for Watson and Tua is a bust.

Warrior13 Posted: 06:12 Sep20 2021 Post ID: 3455605
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Tua was hurt on either the second or third Dolphins drive, getting blown up by AJ Epenesa who ran right past Miami's RT. I was concerned it was his hip how he landed on his side with Epenesa falling on top of him, but it was only his ribs. Initial tests came back negative, so hopefully it's nothing to concerning. But he was in a lot of pain as he limped off them field. Best case scenario is he's only got the wind knocked out of him and bruised ribs. If he doesn't play next week, I don't see the Phins defeating the Raiders in Las Vegas. Brissett couldn't do anything against the Bills, but then again, the Bills have been built to defeat the Phins for like five years now.

I doubt the Phins go after Watson, and I'm not sure why people are still on that subject. Why waste draft capital on a guy that will likely be suspended after this year, let alone criminal charges that could come his way? Roll with Tua for this year and next year, and if he doesn't pan out after three years, go after a real QB in the 2023 Draft Class. Our pick this year is going to be late in the 1st since its originally from the 49ers, but we already have two 1sts in 2023. Maybe trade Xavien Howard after this year for another 2023 1st? Miami will likely want two 1sts for him, but I can't see them getting that unless they include at least a 3rd with him.
Sanzano Posted: 07:55 Sep20 2021 Post ID: 3455606
Sanzano
+
Xavien Howard is one of the few Dolphins that has played well in the first two games. Absolute disgrace getting beat 35-0. I'm sure Miami could have at least got a couple of field goals.

Tua is fragile, he gets injured too easily. Miami need to use a couple of those firsts in the 2023 to try and get the best quarterback available. The Dolphins are now competing against some of the best quarterbacks in the NFL during the regular season on a regular basis. Tua is average or just above, he only put up good numbers in college because he had four ridiculous recievers to throw to at Alabama. Time to move on after 2022 season. The Dolphins made a mistake, they should have taken Herbert.

Washington have also made a mistake, they should have traded up and got Justin Fields. Hienecke is a good story but he's not the guy. He will get his backside handed to him by the Bills on Sunday and everybody will be talking about Fitzmagic again by week 6 who also isn't the guy, he's gone during the offseason. Washington could have been more aggressive and picked up Carr, Morietta, Stafford, or Darnold. Instead they went for a guy who has been at 9 other clubs in the NFL, that's a red flag straight away I would have thought.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:05 Sep20 2021 Post ID: 3455607
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I completely agree. If Tua doesn't pan out by the 2023 Draft, use the extra capital to trade up. The 2022 Class is lackluster. I don't see any of them being actually better than Tua.

I agree about the Redskins as well. It only cost the Bears two 1sts and two 4ths to trade up for Fields. They should have been more aggressive.
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:42 Sep20 2021 Post ID: 3455608
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
The Steelers looked downright terrible yesterday. Couldn't get the offense going in the first half and allowed some pretty dumb plays that they shouldn't have. TJ Watt has a groin injury, likely because he sat out of camp and preseason, and Diontae Johnson got hurt at the very end of the game in garbage time down two possessions. Really disappointing.
Sanzano Posted: 14:32 Sep20 2021 Post ID: 3455609
Sanzano
+
Rothesburger is finished, if he looks terrible now he will look awful down the home stretch of the season like he did last year. The guy is not like Tom Brady who looks after himslf during the offseason.

I have no idea who is going to replace him, I've seen enough of Haskins now to know he is a bust. Not his fault though, just didn't have enough experience in college and it showed in the pros. That other quarterback Myles Garrett threw his helmet at is an idiot, he has no chance of being the face of the franchise. The Steelers need to give the Raiders a call and enquire about Marcus Marriotta or save up some draft capital for 2023. Judging by the way they are playing they will be lucky if they end up 9-8 so will get a top 15 pick.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Sep 20th 2021 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 14:43 Sep20 2021 Post ID: 3455610
steelersrock01
+
It's not all on Roethlisberger, though some of it definitely is. The offensive line is weak so plays don't have time to develop, and the run game can't get going. So Ben has to throw 40 passes a game and he just can't that anymore. And he had a pretty lame duck interception.
Sanzano Posted: 07:43 Sep21 2021 Post ID: 3455612
Sanzano
+
Lol, Ben won't be able to throw 40 times a game once the season is on the home straight, he will be battered and bruised and lucky if he is still playing if Pittsburgh doesn't sort out that offensive line.. The Steelers should have solved the quarterback problem during the offseason and got a veteran in who has plenty of NFL experience. The Steelers are going to look like a train wreck in their final games.

Matt77 Posted: 07:44 Sep21 2021 Post ID: 3455613
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I went with 4 upset picks for next week's picks. However I only consider 2 of them to be real upsets. One of them is a bold prediction.

Well done Dennis, you're leading the competition so far. The key has been the fact you've been willing to tip a few upsets.

Warrior, yes you were unlucky, but when you tip LA Chargers you're asking for trouble.

Zach Wilson had a disastrous game, throwing 0TDs and 4INTs.

Lawrence also had an awful game, with a 42% completion rate, 1TD & 2INTs. He is having a very bad season so far.

I didn't think Carolina would beat New Orleans, especially after New Orleans thrashed Green Bay 38-3. Sam Darnold played well, with a 68% completion rate, 305 yards, 2TDs and 1INT.

Minnesota choked big time. First, they lead 20-7. Secondly, they missed a 37-yard game-winning FG. That's 2 very close and unlucky losses to start, and Cousins played very well in both games.

Seattle also choked, at home of all places. First they lead 24-9. Then they lead 30-16.

LA Chargers also lost a close game against quality opposition. Some things never change.

Then Kansas City choked a 35-24 lead against an injury-ravaged Baltimore team, who had never beaten the Mahomes-led Chiefs. Very gusty call to go for it on 4th & 1 while leading.

Miami's o-line is a disgrace. They should've drafted Penei Sewell. Tua can't do anything behind that o-line. It's the Ryan Tannehill situation 2.0. Now everyone is calling for us to trade for Watson, and calling Tua an injury-prone bust. Imagine Tom Brady behind that o-line.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:53 Sep21 2021 Post ID: 3455614
steelersrock01
+
Haven't done my picks for this weeks yet. Lawrence has to be happy that Wilson has been playing even worse than he has, I've seen hardly any reporting on how bad Lawrence has been. I know it's only been 2 games but you know they were expecting more.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:58 Sep21 2021 Post ID: 3455615
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Unlucky is the key word. Outside on my Steelers loss, my other three losses were by a combined seven points. All the media in the past two days have said the Chiefs, Chargers, and Seahawks all should have won. Steelers should have won as well, but that was more split compared to the other affairs. But I will gladly take 12-4. Guessing your bold prediction is the Rams? ;)

Mike: Me neither. I did a quick run through, so I have an idea who I am going with. But I am waiting on a few, specifically if Tua is going to be out and if I have the nerve to go with a Rams upset with how hot Brady has been.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 21st 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 00:00 Sep22 2021 Post ID: 3455617
Sanzano
+
Rams upset, I thought the Rams were favourites at home over the Bucs in this game. I'm thinking of taking the Bucs as the upset, I'm just worried that the Rams defense will be able to get to Brady and Stafford can put up big numbers on them. I've been burned by Brady so many times now with games he is expected to lose that I don't like betting against him in revenge games as he tends to find a way to get things done.

The two factors that are making it difficult for me to decide who to pick is the Bucs secondary being the second worst in the league and Aikers the running back for the Rams being out.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Sep 22nd 2021 »

Matt77 Posted: 08:07 Sep22 2021 Post ID: 3455619
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I'm not sold on LA Rams. Their rushing game isn't the best (made worse by injuries too), so if a defense can stop the passing game then they'll be exposed. That means they have to beat Brady, Brown & Gronk in a shootout. Good luck.

I am regretting my upset pick day by day. But I have to stick with it. If I change, you can guarantee the upset will happen. That's the worst feeling in tipping.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 10:06 Sep22 2021 Post ID: 3455621
Sanzano
+
I feel the same about the Rams vs Bucs game as you Warrior13, I'm expecting a shootout and the way the Bucs offense is playing I think they will put up 5 Touchdowns against the second-worst secondary in the league. I don't think Stafford will be able to keep up with out a decent running game to take off some of the pressure.

steelersrock01 Posted: 11:26 Sep22 2021 Post ID: 3455622
steelersrock01
+
For what it's worth, Antonio Brown has been put on the COVID/Reserve list, so he might not play. He doesn't have a huge role in the Bucs offense, but it could be a factor.
Sanzano Posted: 16:11 Sep22 2021 Post ID: 3455623
Sanzano
+
Great, now I'm undecided, I was banking on Brown and the Gronk both playing. This now means Gronk will get focussed upon and won't be so effective. Feels like the pendulum has shifted to the Rams, home field advantage may be the deciding factor. I'll have to think more about this selection... I still don't feel comfortable backng against Brady, I'm going to roll the dice and go with the Bucs.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Sep 22nd 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 22:45 Sep22 2021 Post ID: 3455624
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Brown is vaccinated so he will likely play. Just needs two negative tests before Sunday.

Tua is out versus the Raiders. Fractured multiple ribs on that hit from Epenesa. Must not be clean breaks though since he remains week to week. I am guessing he will be back in Week 4.

No one knows if Wentz will be playing. I do not see how with two sprained ankles. Not sure how that can even happen. lol

Dalton is out with a knee injury. Tyrod with a groin. Big Ben pulled his left boob but should play.

QBs going done left and right.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 22nd 2021 »
Displaying Page 319 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 317 | 318 | 319 | 320 | 321 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close