Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 322 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:58 Sep30 2021 Post ID: 3455670
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
It definitely influences me. If you have an adblocker or "element picker" installed on your browser you can use it to hide that whole panel if you want. The vast majority of the time the pick distribution just follows the odds.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 10:02 Sep30 2021 Post ID: 3455671
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Dennis: I try not to pay attention to the fan picks either. I remind myself to go with my gut and head and not the popular vote.

Matt: If we can get a 1st or even two 1sts for Howard from a desperate playoff team, then I am all for trading him. We have Jones and Igboghene. That is way enough in a division with the Pats and Jets. Getting blown out by Bills is nothing to get worries about; we never match up well against them. We would have taken the Raiders if we had Tua, defense cannot be asked for much more than to help get up 14-0.
steelersrock01 Posted: 10:33 Sep30 2021 Post ID: 3455672
steelersrock01
+
Is Howard really worth that much? I know he's good but with the crying about his contract and his injury history two firsts seems mighty steep. Who could they even trade him to? Could KC or LV make it work?
Warrior13 Posted: 14:32 Sep30 2021 Post ID: 3455673
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
They would definitely get a 1st for him, but rumors told that they wanted two 1st for him. He has had loads of picks when he is healthy, already having another one this year. If the Phons want two 1sts, it will have to be with a desperate team with Super Bowl hopes. At this point, Bucs and Chiefs are most obvious. Bucs signed Sherman, but I doubt he will help much. That was their weakness going into the year, and it is now glaring with all their injuries to the position. I could see them giving up two 1sts, similar to the Rams for Ramsey a few years back, especially if Miami agrees to pay his entire salary this year. But the Bucs will have to be willing to roll the dice like the Rams front office.
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:33 Sep30 2021 Post ID: 3455674
steelersrock01
+
The Bucs doing that would really be mortgaging the future but I could see it happening if they can milk another Super Bowl or 2 out of Brady.
Warrior13 Posted: 19:55 Sep30 2021 Post ID: 3455675
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Two 1sts between #29-32 would definitely be worth it for even one more Super Bowl.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:24 Sep30 2021 Post ID: 3455676
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
A close one in Cincinnati, but the expected result.
Sanzano Posted: 00:23 Oct01 2021 Post ID: 3455677
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Burrow is starting to look like the real deal. Cincinnatti as a team seem to be heading in th right direction. I never like their uniform but this latest version isn't too bad. Burrow, Chase, and Mixon, the team has some decent weapons. Lawrence made a couple of good throws, he just doesn't have the supporting cast around him.

Warrior13 Posted: 06:35 Oct01 2021 Post ID: 3455679
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Bengals are a lot like the Raiders this year in the sense that their record is deceiving, winning two games now by a final field goal. They have been playing well, but I doubt the finish any higher than third in the AFC North.

Yeah, Jags just do not have talent. And the younger players with loads of talent and potential merely do not have the experience to win consistently. Not such a bad thing for them to have another high pick since it is a rebuild. They should be able to walk away with the top LT or Edge Rusher, or they could trade down and stock up.
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:44 Oct01 2021 Post ID: 3455681
steelersrock01
+
Yeah. I think the Jags next year will be around where the Bengals are now. They're 0-4 but none of the games were trainwrecks and last night was a major improvement. Losing Chark is huge though. And I don't think Urban Meyer is going to last very long.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Oct 1st 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 14:22 Oct01 2021 Post ID: 3455682
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The only disappointing loss for the Jags imo was the Texans Game. They have a somewhat difficult schedule, and my 3-4 win count for them included a sweep of the Texans. Not sure they can reach that mark now; nothing is a gimme when considering what they are on paper.

I'm not sure about Urban at this point, but I would like the Jags to give him his entire contract to turn them around. Teams don't get very far by have a rotating door at head coach.
Matt77 Posted: 04:17 Oct02 2021 Post ID: 3455683
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Trevor Lawrence's college record was 84-4. His NFL record is 0-4...

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 11:36 Oct02 2021 Post ID: 3455684
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
That was actually his high school and college records combined. Both schools were loaded compare to their competition; a different story when you are drafted by the worst NFL Team in the last decade. I cannot think of any time the Jags did not have a Top 10 pick outside of the year they caught lightning in a bottle and went to the AFC Championship.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 2nd 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:07 Oct02 2021 Post ID: 3455685
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, that is a cute little stat but pretty useless in the grand scheme of things. If Urban Meyer thought he were going to come to the NFL and dominate like he's at Ohio State like his comments have sort of implied he's just fooling himself.

Obviously everyone involved should be disappointed they are 0-4 but I don't think they should really be surprised. Actually, none of the rookie QBs have won a game this year except Mac Jones who beat Zach Wilson, so one of them had to win.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Oct 2nd 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 13:34 Oct02 2021 Post ID: 3455686
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Like Tim Tebow recently said in a broadcast, I think Urban has had the mindset that they were going to win most of there early games. I have nothing against that because I think anyone should have the confidence that they are going to succeed, but like you said Mike, I doubt he is really surprised by the start. As long as they are competitive and pull off a couple of wins this year, I would deem that as a success. They have so many holes that most people thought they were only going to win a few games.

Yeah, the Rookies have been abysmal thus far. Lawrence and Wilson are on horrible teams and have tried to force it. Jones is only averaging like three yard a completion. Fields is having trouble getting use to the speed of the NFL. And Lance is so raw throwing that the Niners only use him as a runner right now in short yardage situations. They all need more time. They each, outside of Lance, also need a number of more pieces added to their teams.
Sanzano Posted: 15:40 Oct02 2021 Post ID: 3455687
Sanzano
+
Is this right, Justin Fields got sacked 9 times against Cleveland and passed for a grand total of 1 yard?

Miles Garrett got 4.5 sacks, Fields must be wishing he was still playing in college, he is not going to last long in the pros if he keeps taking those hits.

The Falcons look like they are going to destroy Washington this Sunday with Matt Ryan throwing over the middle to Kyle Pitts who will have his breakout game. The Washington linebackers are dreadful, Holcomb and Bostic need to be replaced and the rookie Davis is still finding his feet. Atlanta aren?t too hot either so this is looking like it?s goin to be a high scoring game. I?m going 28-30 Falcons, I give them the edge seeing as they are at home.

Chase Young still hasn?t registered a sack this season. He has been found out, a one trick pony who is not a team player although he likes to give the impression he is. The only one of those four defensive linemen that is playing decent this season is Jonathan Allen who just so happened to get paid a big contract. Daron Payne will not get a contact at the end of the season, I think Washington will let him go. I wouldn?t be surprised if you start seeing either Young or Sweat dangled as bait along with high future draft picks in an attempt to get a top quarterback in the draft.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 2nd 2021 »

Sanzano Posted: 17:52 Oct02 2021 Post ID: 3455688
Sanzano
+
Breaking News, sources in the know are saying Tua could be on the way to Washington for a second round draft choice. I don?t know how legit this is though, I?m hearing this late Saturday night, looks like the DeShaun Watson to Miami trade is imminent if it is.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 2nd 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 21:51 Oct02 2021 Post ID: 3455689
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I have not heard anything of the sorts, and I would doubt that pricetag. No way they get anything less than a 1st for Tua. That would still be a great price for the Redskins; it is not like they will be drafting high enough to get a great prospect anytime soon.
Sanzano Posted: 00:52 Oct03 2021 Post ID: 3455690
Sanzano
+
If you remember a couple of years ago the Redskins were torn between drafting Chase Young and Tua, opting for Chase Young in the end. But Rivera was very interested in Tua. The problem the Dolphins have now is that everybody knows they need to shift Tua for Watson so will be low-balled unless there is interest from a couple of teams which there doesn?t appear to be. I?ve been reading the comments of Washington fans and they are divided on trading for Tua, there are those that don?t want to give up anything more than a 5th rounder for him and those that don?t want him full stop. The general consensus appears to be that he is a weak, fragile quarterback that makes poor decisions.

I personally would be quite happy giving up a second round pick for Tua, letting him sit out an entire season to heal and learn the playbook from Heinecke and give him a chance in 2023. Fitzpatrick is gone at the end of the year, no way his one year contract is renewed and Heineke is being found out that he is not the guy to lead Washington, he has limited ability and makes poor decisions, his quarterback rating is dropping by the week. Tua was never given a fair chance at Miami and he has a much higher ceiling than Heineke. The biggest problem with Washington trading for Tua is he doesn?t know the playbook, the biggest plus though is he would be protected by a top 5 offensive unit and he would still be on his rookie contract.

There is the possibility that Washington drafts highly in the 2022 draft as they have a murderous schedule coming up and the team is playing poorly in which case they will no doubt draft a top quarterback prospect. I haven?t given up on this season just yet, the two teams Washington have lost against I think will probably be contesting the AFC Championship game (Chargers and Bills), and the team they beat (Giants) was the first time they did so in the last five games between the divisional rivals. How Washington gets on against the Falcons tonight will be a good indication as to how this season will go. At the moment the Defesive unit has not shown up and the quarterback position is a big weakness which doesn?t bode well. Washington fans are pleading for Rivera to bring back Reuben Foster who is now healthy and who they ironically released. I?m not sure that is a good idea personally, Washington let him go and he has had workouts with the N.Y. Jets, Cleveland, and Seattle and nobody has offered him a contract.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 3rd 2021 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 09:04 Oct03 2021 Post ID: 3455691
steelersrock01
+
If they did trade for Tua I think it would be a mistake to sit him next year, That would mean he would be going into his 4th season with only about 1 season's worth of games under him. Then you only have season 4 and 5 with him on a rookie contract, after which you'd have to pay him or move on and be back where you started.
Displaying Page 322 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close