Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 325 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 17:19 Oct08 2021 Post ID: 3455735
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
It was gnarly. I was surprised he went back in after they popped it back in place. Of course, it was only a handoff on third and long. I could not believe the fans were booing with the play choice. Like everyone saw what happened the play before.

Yeah, Geno was good, but the Rams defense totally tanked after Wilson went down. Probably explains why they are currently a bottom ten defense.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 17:35 Oct08 2021 Post ID: 3455736
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Has anyone picked up Jaylon Smith yet? Apparently Ron Rivera called him and he got put through to voice mail, I take it that means he doesn?t want to play for Washington. I didn?t want him anyway, I saw game film of him this season and he looked terrible, wasn?t wrapping up tackles and getting pushed out of position easily.

steelersrock01 Posted: 17:37 Oct08 2021 Post ID: 3455737
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Report is that Wilson will be out a least a month while his finger heals. Tough blow for them, but not as bad as if it happened earlier in the season, they've got a decent schedule coming up, @ Pittsburgh, vs. Saints, vs Jags, @ Packers. Not easy, but not as bad as it could've been.

Dennis, Smith signed with Green Bay, but Dallas is still on the hook to pay his 7.2M base salary this year because of how the pay rules work.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Oct 8th 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 21:14 Oct08 2021 Post ID: 3455738
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Could be as much as two months for Wilson. That would be catastrophic for the Seahawks. Jets would love it since they own their 1st Round Pick.
Sanzano Posted: 03:39 Oct09 2021 Post ID: 3455739
Sanzano
+
Seahawks are losing games without Wilson, that's for sure. He is the driving force of that team.

I said before the season started that the Cardinals look like they are quietly building a decent team, looks like I may be right. Kyler Murray is having a breakout season like Josh Allen had last year.

Why would Jaylon Smith want to go to Green Bay, especially with Rogers leaving. Mica Parsons must be playing exceptionally well to let Smith go.

steelersrock01 Posted: 10:58 Oct09 2021 Post ID: 3455740
steelersrock01
+
No idea really, maybe guaranteed playing time. The Packers are a little banged up and Smith has been really bad this season.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:50 Oct09 2021 Post ID: 3455741
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Kittle goes on IR, out at least three games.

Miami fans are hoping for as many losses for the 49ers as possible. The higher the pick, the better.
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:35 Oct09 2021 Post ID: 3455742
steelersrock01
+
Meanwhile the Eagles pray the Dolphins keep losing and Wentz's cardboard bones stay strong. Upcoming draft looking mighty good for the Eagles. Whether or not they can draft well with 3 first rounders is another thing entirely.
Warrior13 Posted: 23:52 Oct09 2021 Post ID: 3455743
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I see the Colts pulling it together enough to make a run for a wild card. Probably will not get it, but the more wins they get will see Wentz not benched and playing. Miami should also start to win after losing to the Bucs. 1-4 is not pretty, but Miami could conceivably win 11/13 after that. If I were to guess, I would say the Eagles own pick will be Top 10, Colts Top 15, Miami Top 21. Still not bad for worst case scenario. So many QBs that they could get one at any of those picks, or they could group all three to jump up to #1 or to trade for Watson (if he can resolve his legal issues and agrees to play there).

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 9th 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 19:40 Oct10 2021 Post ID: 3455744
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Raiders and Panthers choke in games they should have won.

My Browns upset came up short. I did not see it being a shootout, but Browns were up. Do not want to take away from the Chargers, but they had quite a bit of late calls go their way. Happens though.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:52 Oct10 2021 Post ID: 3455745
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Bills crushing the Chiefs so far, might be a three way tie this week.

Next week is rough. So many road teams look like the favorite, but that can always come back to bite you.
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:12 Oct10 2021 Post ID: 3455746
steelersrock01
+
The Panthers definitely should've won their game. I picked the Chargers cause I read Baker had been practicing hurt all week, but he played well. I picked Denver over Pitt because Teddy was cleared to play and Pitt has looked like a bottom 5 team. Washington's offense had impressed me, and I still don't know what to make of New Orleans.

Bills currently up 24-13 going into Q3 where they get the ball first, but they're currently in a pretty length thunderstorm/lightning delay and you never know how that's going to effect players.

If it stands though, me, Warrior, and Dennis will be in a 3 way tie with Matt 1 behind for the week, assuming we all get tomorrow's game correct. Which means me and Warrior would be tied in first with 52 wins, Matt with 51, and Dennis with 50. Pretty fun to have us all this close through 5 games.
Warrior13 Posted: 23:54 Oct10 2021 Post ID: 3455747
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Man, I did not see the Chiefs getting ripped. That defense is horrible, and teams are just using the Tampa Bay formula against their offense. Five games down, and the Chiefs are last in the West.

Horrible game to watch because of the delay. NBC does not have the best in studio crew. Love Dungy, but Tereco and Brees are rough to listen to. Also did not care for the Watson talk just to fill airtime. They literally said at one point: And who knows when Tua will be returning. I was like: He is defeating the Jags in London next week.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 10th 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:36 Oct11 2021 Post ID: 3455748
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, I could only watch part of the first half. Second half didn't kick off until after 11pm for me, just too late. I feel like a lot of people miss the second half of the sunday night games.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:58 Oct11 2021 Post ID: 3455749
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I went to bed before the second half started. The outcome was obvious. No need to stay up late for that.
Sanzano Posted: 14:04 Oct11 2021 Post ID: 3455750
Sanzano
+
Chargers and Bills looking good for the Super Bowl, can?t discount the Cardinals either, they are looking like the real deal this year.

League MVP Justin Herbert
Defensive MVP Trevon Diggs

I?m still waiting for last years Washington defense to turn up, I personally don?t think they were as good as everyone thought. I was studying last years highlights and realized they went up against a whole host of poor quarterback,this year they have the hardest schedule in the league.

Cowboys will win the NFC East easily. Taylor Hienecke has had his fun, it?s obvious he?s not the guy, he played terrible again this week throwing two easy interceptions where he tried to force the ball. I wish Washington had of picked a Justin Herbert instead of Chase ?one trick pony? Young who got his first sack of the season. The guy looks ordinary this year.

Jamin Davis was not worth a first round pick, really annoying when I see how well Mica Parsons is doing with the Cowboys. Washington could have easily moved up and got him or Justin Fields the quarterback.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 11th 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 16:47 Oct11 2021 Post ID: 3455751
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If I had a vote for MVP, it would be Diggs at the moment. Six picks in five games? Are you kidding me? Dude is on pace for over twenty interceptions. It will not happen, but a guy would be lucky to have six picks during an entire season. It is crazy. I believe he has more interceptions than twenty five different teams do as a whole. Like what?!

The Redskins have been disappointing, so has Miami. Both were Top Five defenses last year, and now they are currently like in the bottom five. Horrible. And whats worse is there are reports that Flores is starting to lose the locker room. They need to stick with Tua and end all the Watson chatter, and he has to get that defense working again. Watson has twenty civil cases and ten criminal inquiries, leave it be and back the player you drafted.

Jamin Davis has he a slow start, but I do not think the Redskins are using him properly. He needs to be in on every play, and I have not seen him use him like that. Parsons has shown his talent because he is being allowed to ball. David has the skills to do the same if given the opportunity.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 11th 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:16 Oct11 2021 Post ID: 3455752
steelersrock01
+
Oh wow, Jon Gruden is quitting as Raiders HC. An email from 2011 had revealed a potentially racist remark from Gruden about NFLPA chief Demaurice Smith, and Gruden apologized and that was supposedly that. Now there's more emails with him saying homophobic and misogynistic, etc stuff. Not a great look when you've got the only openly gay player on your team.

Full story here if you can access: https://www.nytimes.com/202...cleShare

I don't have much of an opinion on Gruden or his comments, and this is a really nice way for the Raiders to get out of that gigantic contract they gave him and probably regret.

I'll just say that based on the comments in this article, if comments and memes my friends and I have shared in private group chats got posted publicly we'd all not have careers.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:46 Oct11 2021 Post ID: 3455753
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Call me ignorant, but I did not understand the so-called racial trope. Everyone said it was racist, but I did not get it. Something about tires, none of which got my imagination to connect to anything.

The other stuff is clear, but it was a decade ago and he just seemed mad about being out the NFL and Goodells leadership. Everyone says stuff when they are angry that they would like to take back. His seemed to go beyond the norm, but he apologized already. The media just would not let up. I think Mark David was not going to fall on a sword for him, and that pushed Gruden to resign.

This will not change how much I love Gruden as a coach. It is a shame how the past can absolutely ruin someones life when random people simply will not let it go. My parents raised me and my siblings differently. Seven times seventy and one second ago is ancient history morals.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 11th 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 03:13 Oct12 2021 Post ID: 3455754
Sanzano
+
I think Gruden was insinuating that the guy had big rubber lips, which is a stereotypical reference to a black man. To be honest anything in this day and age can be construed as racist. If Gruden had of said the guy had a waist like a Michelin tire nobody would have raised an eyelid. He also had a couple of pictures of topless Washington Football Team cheerleaders on his computer. Apparently he uses homophobic language in the locker room which is a surprise as his Defensive End is openly gay. None of this really warrants him resigning in my opinion, reprimanded and fined for bringing the game into disrepute, yes.

I?m very curious about this criminal investigation in Washington now, that?s how Jon Gruden?s emails came to light. Another Washington trainer is being investigated by the FEDs so something is going on. The thing is though it seems to be tied up in some way with the guys Ron Rivera brought with him from Carolina and not the Gruden zbrothers Jon and Jay, or Bruce Allen which in itself is a surprise after all the rumors going about.

Great game for the neutrals last night between the Colts and the Ravens. Have to pin this loss on the kicker for the Colts.

Displaying Page 325 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close