Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Mobile
go

NFL - Discussion Thread

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 326 of 337
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | ... | 335 | 336 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 06:35 Oct12 2021 Post ID: 3455755
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 273
+
Decent week from all of us. We all split during the week. It was just my Seattle upset pick that put me 1 game down.

Poor Detroit. They are 0-5, but deserve to be at least 2-3. They were gusty and went for the 2XP to lead 17-16 instead of tie (missing would've put then behind 15-16). But once again their defense fell apart.

Houston choked a 22-9 lead at home against New England.

Cincy and Green Bay played a disgusting match. That was horrible stuff at the end. After Cincy tied the game at 22-22, it went:
Green Bay missed FG
Cincy missed FG
Green Bay missed FG as time expired (would've won them the game)
OT
Cincy interception on the first play
Green Bay missed FG (would've won them the game)
Cincy missed FG (would've won them the game)
Green Bay field goal
How lucky are Green Bay, yet again? They should've lost games against the mediocre 49ers and Bengals.

Carolina choked a 15-3 lead at home vs Philly. Horrible stuff after their good start to the season. Their 2 possessions in the last quarter were:
Blocked punt
Interception

Cleveland lead 27-13 vs LA Chargers, before conceding 4 TDs in the last quarter.

Indy lead 22-3 and 25-9 in the 4th quarter, before choking horribly. Yes Baltimore and Lamar did unbelievably well to score two 8-point TDs, but Indy's kicker and defense threw this away. Indy had a 37-yard FG blocked when leading 25-17 late in the game (they would've won if it had gone through). Then after Lamar tied the game, Wentz led the team into FG range. Then they missed a game-winning 47-yard FG as time expired.

Miami are horrible. It looked like our offense improved, but that's cause Tampa Bay have an awful defense. Warrior, there is a 0% chance that we win 11 games this season. In fact, there is probably a 20% chance that we reach 8 wins, if that. We have no rushing game, WRs who drop the ball and/or are injury-prone, no edge rushers, a poor secondary, a poor o-line, and an injury-prone QB. The only positive in our team is that we have a good kicker.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 10:04 Oct12 2021 Post ID: 3455756
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,053
+
Dennis: Yeah, it seems like Gruden has grown since sending the emails. It was a decade ago, and people change. He has worked with all races, genders, and sexualities with no issues; I cannot see him being a closeted homophobic misogynistic racist with his personality.

Matt: I said we could win 11/13 from here on out, and by that I meant there were only like two guarantee losses on our upcoming schedule. If Tua plays well and the defense can lock down, there is no reason Miami will not be competitive in the rest of their games. It is a weak schedule that the Phins could easily capitalize on.

@ Jags (London)
vs Falcons
@ Bills
vs Texans
vs Ravens
@ Jets
vs Panthers
vs Giants
vs Jets
@ Saints
@ Titans
vs Patriots

Tell me any game outside of the Bills where the Dolphins cannot be competitive. Most of their tough games left are at home, and all of the teams left, notwithstanding the Bills, have flaws that have already shown up.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 12th 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:17 Oct12 2021 Post ID: 3455757
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 161
+
I think that'll depend entirely on how Tua plays. If he is only average or below average It's just as easy for me to see them only winning 3 or 4 of those based on how they've been playing.
Warrior13 Posted: 16:07 Oct12 2021 Post ID: 3455758
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think he will be fine. Jags, Falcons, and Texans as three of next four should get him into a nice groove.

This week is crazy. So many home team underdogs. I usually like to have 60-65% home teams, but I doubt I will this week.
Sanzano Posted: 00:39 Oct13 2021 Post ID: 3455759
Sanzano
Post Likes: 75
+
Tua should be able to get three wins against those teams, it?s all over for Miami as far as playoff aspirations go if they drop games to the likes of those teams.

Miami need to forget about Watson and move ahead with Tua. The biggest problem now fo Miami is that it is rumored that Flores no longer has the locker room.

Warrior13 Posted: 15:55 Oct13 2021 Post ID: 3455766
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I made my picks. Not sure if I will switch a few since I am not confident in a number of games, but I currently have two underdogs by Yahoo.
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:43 Oct13 2021 Post ID: 3455767
steelersrock01
+
Only one underdog for me by Yahoo. I'm flip flopping on two others though.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:57 Oct13 2021 Post ID: 3455768
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My one upset does not feel like one, but my other one is definitely an upset. I feel like a couple of the favorites are actually the underdogs. Very tough week. Only fourteen games, and so many home teams are not favored.

I do not have the nerve to do so, but my gut is leaning Philly. I am hoping it is wrong, but it is just a feeling.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 13th 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 20:35 Oct14 2021 Post ID: 3455769
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dennis: You forgot to do the tiebreakers. ;)
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:38 Oct14 2021 Post ID: 3455770
steelersrock01
+
No, it just doesn't show you other people's tiebreakers until after the game as you could see which teams they picked to win.

Actually, it does show you who was picked to score the fewest, and Dennis's doesn't show. That's kinda dumb.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Oct 14th 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 20:46 Oct14 2021 Post ID: 3455771
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
He is the only incomplete picks, but he is 14/14 games. He forgot the tiebreakers or they did not save.

Of course the two Mikes picked the Giants as the lowest scoring teams. lol

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 14th 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:50 Oct14 2021 Post ID: 3455772
steelersrock01
+
Hmm. Didn't we say we were ignoring tiebreakers anyway?
Warrior13 Posted: 22:27 Oct14 2021 Post ID: 3455773
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think so. But still fun. ;)

Close one in Philly, had a feeling. That Bucs defense is just gone coast until the playoffs.
Sanzano Posted: 01:18 Oct15 2021 Post ID: 3455774
Sanzano
+
I was surprised that game was as close as it was, I expected the Bucs to blow them away something like 34-17.

Is Jalen Hurts improving or is it the team as a whole as last year the Eagles where terrible?

I think I just forgot to do the tie-breakers, I'll try and remember next time.

Looks like lots of high profile anaylists, coaches, and owners in the NFL ares stressing over the inquiry in Washington. A can of worms is about to be opened. Gruden was just the sacrificial offering, a lot bigger names are going to get exposed.

steelersrock01 Posted: 11:22 Oct15 2021 Post ID: 3455775
steelersrock01
+
I think it was a case of the Bucs letting their foot off the gas a bit.

The Eagles have a real problem with abandoning the run almost immediately. Miles Sanders is a good running back, and they're only letting him run like 9 times a game. The offense seems to revolve around Hurts running around in the backfield and scrambling or heaving it downfield hoping for pass interference. I've no idea why they aren't using Sanders more, he averages 5 yards per carry for his career. It's like if the first couple runs of the game don't go well they just abandon it entirely. In the Dallas game a couple weeks ago he only ran it twice! And it's not like he's splitting carries. Jalen Hurts should not be throwing it 35 times a game, whether they're losing or not.

The Eagles have also traded TE Zach Ertz to the Cardinals for CB Tay Gowan and a 5th round pick. Ertz is still a good player but this move seems about 2 years too late.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:46 Oct15 2021 Post ID: 3455776
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, that Bucs Defense tends to be doing that a lot this year. I get Brady is putting up like four touchdowns a game, but you have to play complementary football. You would've thought they had learned their lesson against the Rams, but I really don't think we will see the Bucs defense of last year until December going into January.

Cardinals clearly going all in by getting Ertz after Williams went down. You knew Ertz would be traded before the deadline, and his value probably wouldn't have been any higher after his good performance last night.

Oddly enough, some people think the Bucs were showcasing OJ Howard last night in hopes of trading him before the deadline as well. I wouldn't if I was Bucs unless I get a CB in return, only because it gives Brady yet another weapon. But you have to assume the Bucs will trade for CB before the deadline after Sherman went down last night.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 15th 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 17:05 Oct15 2021 Post ID: 3455777
Sanzano
+
New England getting rid of Tom Brady is looking like the dumbest move in NFL history, each year he plays at a competitive level and the Bucs do better than the Patriots is another kick in the teeth for Belichick and his legacy. Brady has now said he could play on until he is 55.

I heard that about A.J. Howard as well Warrior13.

Many people think the Cowboys could go all the way this year and Prescott gets MVP. I?m not one of them. This year is the Buffalo Bills year unless they self destruct or get hit by injuries.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 15th 2021 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 13:23 Oct16 2021 Post ID: 3455780
steelersrock01
+
Well it's not so much that the Pats got rid of Brady as it is he decided to go elsewhere, really. I think people are just realizing now that it was maybe more 70/30 Brady/Belichick contributing to the Pats success where before people thought it was 50/50 or maybe even 60-40 Belichick over Brady. For years and years people called Brady a "system QB" and said he's only successful because of Belichick.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Oct 16th 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 14:15 Oct16 2021 Post ID: 3455782
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think feel it was fifty/fifty. Everything about the New England Dynasty was complementary football, from the coaching to the offense to the defense to the special teams. It was the perfect machine for basically twenty years, and like when most machine starts losing its part, it isn't the same as it once was. It's clear that the Patriots were pretty bare at the end of the Brady tenure; I think Belichick is at the point where he knows he will never win another title and just wants to leave the organization in a somewhat good place. Brady, on the other hand, has recently said that he thinks his body could play until as old as fifty-five considering his diet and how QBs are protecting. I doubt that he will, and so does he because he also mentioned how that would involve missing out on seeing his kids grow up. But I would love to see it.
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:31 Oct16 2021 Post ID: 3455783
steelersrock01
+
No way he plays till 55 lol. I give him another couple years maybe.

The Pats have been such a well-run team for so long. The only negative you can point to is that Bill the coach is so much better than Bill the GM. He's had some pretty bad draft picks in the first couple rounds.
Displaying Page 326 of 337
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | ... | 335 | 336 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close