Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 327 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 14:33 Oct16 2021 Post ID: 3455784
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
It?s crazy, Brady is old enough to be the father of half the players in the NFL. I?d love to see him play as long as possible, totally rewrite the record books. The guy would literally have every career NFL record possible by the time he retires. Joe Montana says he now regrets retiring when he did, he took the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game before retiring, he still had a few good years left in him.

Can someone please explain to me why Washington are retiring the 21 jersey worn by Sean Taylor but not the 44 worn by Riggins who single handed carried the Redskins to a Super Bowl in 1982. I know that Sean Taylor was a good player selected in the first round but he didn?t do anything of note that warrants retiring his jersey. Riggins is a legend in DC, When the Redskins practiced for games his teammates refused to tackle him. That is the ultimate show of respect to a player.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 16th 2021 »

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 18:45 Oct16 2021 Post ID: 3455785
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
He was a good player, but it's mostly because he was shot and killed by home invaders during the 2007 season. The timing of this is all because they're trying to shift attention away from the WFT cheerleader/Bruce Allen, Feds investigation fiasco. And is honestly in extremely poor taste.

Really funny how the NFL supposedly went through 650,000 emails and Gruden was the only one they had dirt on. What a joke, the guy's being made a complete scapegoat.
Sanzano Posted: 02:37 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455787
Sanzano
+
Apparently Gruden made it known publicly he diidn?t like the NFL commissioner, sounds like Roger Godell didn?t like Gruden either. Is that Washington cheerleader inquiry still ongoing? Gruden had a couple of topless photos of Washington cheerleaders on his computer. I wonder if Snyder will be forced to sell the team if he has been running the club inappropriately.

There's a few tough games to pick tonight that could go either way.

I know the Redskins secondary is going to get victimized by Mahomes tonight, not sure about the Chargers vs Ravens game though.

Lot of people are picking the Jaguars to beat the Dolphins, can't see that happening. Tua will be out the door Monday morning if it does.

Bengals against the Lions is another tricky game.

Cleveland vs Arizona is a tough one, how good are the Cardinals?

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 17th 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 05:56 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455789
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Yep. Say bad things about Goodell and you become the scapegoat. Or so it appears.

Yeah, I suspect the Chiefs will be a buzzsaw. Bad timing for the Redskins.

I think the Dolphins/Jags will be a close one either way. Same for the Chargers/Ravens & Cardinals/Browns.
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:56 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455790
steelersrock01
+
Cleveland vs Arizona is gonna be a good game. Arizona's undefeated. The Browns are really banged up, but the Cardinals coach has Covid so he won't be able to coach.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:11 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455792
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Well, Miami's season might now be over. Tua played really well; he only had one bad pass that he left short and was picked. The defense also did pretty good considering Howard and Jones weren't playing. Horrible clock management by Flores, and an absolutely horrible 4th & Inches call late. Why in the world would you call a shotgun handoff over a sneak? If you were worried about Tua, just put Brisset in to do the sneak.

Hopefully Tua's play and the fact that the Phins are 1-5 ends the Watson Trade talks. He wouldn't be able to do anything for the Phins this year, especially not with our poor offensive line play and lackluster defense.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:15 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455793
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I knew the Lions were going to be an upset pick, but I didn't expect all of you guys to go with the Vikings. lol

Only proper that half of us went with Chargers and the other half went with the Ravens, even more so fitting that the two Mikes went with the Ravens. lol
Warrior13 Posted: 14:41 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455795
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Man, the Lions got smacked. I thought they could keep that one close, but nope. lol

I now have to hope for Darnold to pull it together and bring the Panthers back. Not confident in that one as he doesn't even have a hundred yards today against an average defense. Could McCaffery mean that much to their entire team? Or did Darnold just get lucky by facing the Jets and Texans as two of their first three games? That experiment could blow up fast with their owner.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 17th 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:01 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455796
steelersrock01
+
McCaffery is absolutely huge for their offense in rushing and receiving. He's honestly such a high usage player for them that I wouldn't really feel 100% comfortable picking the Panthers against anyway if he's not playing. The contract they gave him is a mistake though with how injured he always is.
Sanzano Posted: 15:48 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455798
Sanzano
+
Wow, the Jaguars broke their 24 losing game streak against the Dolphins, can?t blame that one on Tua, aside from one bad throw that got picked off he had a good game. The kicker for Miami who missed the 3 points is to blame for the loss, he makes that kick and it?s a different ball game.

I?m surprised the Chargers got beat so easily, I thought Herbert would have controlled that game.

Washington got trashed as expected, l don?t want to see Heineke starting again, that?s three consecutive games he has played poorly. He is not a starting NFL quarterback. Fitzpatrick is back next week and I have a feeling he won?t be much better. Washington made a big mistake in the offseason, they should have aggressively went after a franchise quarterback.

It?s going to be interesting seeing what the Colts do with Wentz, if he plays in week 8 the Colts have to give the Eagles their first round pick. If the Colts are out of contention will they sit out Wentz so they don?t have to give the Eagles the pick?

Have you guys heard that the Kansas City Chiefs will have to change their arrow logo because it is upsetting to ethnic minorities, they can keep the name though. Has the world gone mad, that to me is ridiculous. I?m still trying to work out what was so derogatory about the Indian logo, I loved it. I bet Washington now ends up with a silly looking wolf caricature similar to what the Jaguars have.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 17th 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 16:02 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455799
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Well, this week is looking bad for me. Cards are ripping the Browns. Apparently homefield advantage no longer exists.
Warrior13 Posted: 16:47 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455800
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Browns complete a Hail Mary before halftime. Not sure if this will spark their team as they have to be able to stop that vaunted offense of the Cards.
Warrior13 Posted: 17:49 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455801
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Cards now rolling. So are the Raiders.

Not my week. lol
Warrior13 Posted: 18:58 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455802
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Congrats, guys, for kicking my tail this week. lol

Three clear upsets, and three losses. Lions and Browns got b**** slapped at home, and the Panthers fought back at home just to give up an easy TD in OT. Eh, what can you do. Onto the next.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 17th 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:26 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455803
steelersrock01
+
Dennis, small correction - the Eagles get the Colts first round pick if Wentz plays 75% of all the Colt's snaps or if he plays 70% and they make the playoffs. So it'll be around 13/14 games for him to hit that mark. They might sit him if they're truly out of it by then. I think they've got a shot at the division though. Haven't heard about the chief's logo. Hopefully it's nonsense.

Jags kicker made a really nice FG to send it to OT.

Warrior, not sure why you picked Detroit over Cincy, or Carolina over Min with Mccaffery out and Dalvin Cook back. I almost picked Cleveland over Arizona with Arizona's coach out but Cleveland is just too banged up. I admire the boldness though. I really thought Vegas would struggle with all the drama but maybe it made them band together or something.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:33 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455804
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I was expecting Goff to have more than a hundred yards prior to garbage time. XD

They are not going winless, and the Bengals were only favored by a field goal. Thought the field goal would go there way finally, but it was not even close. Browns lost so bad last week that I thought it would be a revenge game for them. Similar for the Panthers, but more so in regards to Darnold bouncing back.

All three were also at home, and each game only had a field goal spread one way or another.
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:50 Oct17 2021 Post ID: 3455805
steelersrock01
+
Fair enough. For what it's worth I feel like Detroit has been competitive in every game before this one. Their coach has seemingly done a great job keeping them motivated, but they just looked like crap today.
Sanzano Posted: 00:20 Oct18 2021 Post ID: 3455807
Sanzano
+
I nearly went with Detroit too, they have been playing decent and haven't been blown out by anybody. Burrow is looking like the real deal recently and against mediocre teams I feel he and J'marr Chase can get the job done.

I wasn't brave enough to go with the Jaguars even though the writing was on the wall with Miami having two defensive players out and Lawrence improving by the week. I still expected the Doplphins to win.

Can the Cards go the whole season undefeated?

Congrats to steelersrock01 and Matt, for staying ahead of me even though I only got two games wrong. I realise now that pulling points back is going to be more difficult than in previous years.

At least I think I have pulled into third place after Warrior13 got five games wrong.
He was unlucky, l struggled with those same games, luckily I chose right this week.

Warrior13 Posted: 06:14 Oct18 2021 Post ID: 3455808
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, rough week for me. Well, not really, you guys just had awesome weeks.

Interesting how the Lions coach called out Goff after losing, saying he needs to step up. I don't mind him publicly doing that, but he might've wanted to wait until they don't play AT Rams. lol

Kind of feels like we're living in alternate reality after only six weeks: Dolphins have as many wins as the Jets, Chiefs and Browns have two of the best rosters but are only .500, Cowboys stunning everyone by being 5-1, and Cardinals undefeated. I don't think anyone would've predicted that going into the season.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 18th 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 08:03 Oct18 2021 Post ID: 3455809
Sanzano
+
There's always surprises every year in the NFL, that's what makes the game exciting. This year it's the Cowboy and Cardinals emerging as Super Bowl contenders, next year it will be another team. Chiefs are declining, Pittsburgh too, both teams are not the dominant forces they have been in previous years. Baltimore looks like they could upset a party or two in the offseason, can't discount them, and Chargers when Herbert is hot can do damage.

I'm waiting for Lady Luck to look Washington's way, like in the form of an elite quarterback. All the mocks I've seen so far having them picking corner backs. Didn't Washington learn their lesson, you can't win without an elite calibre quarterback unless the defense is exceptional, which Washington's is anything but this season. Miami needs a complete overhaul, something wrong in that locker room, all the talk of Watson has ruined them as a franchise, the team is divided.

Displaying Page 327 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close