Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 330 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
steelersrock01 Posted: 11:57 Oct26 2021 Post ID: 3455870
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
One has to wonder if increased velocity causes more tipped passes - a few of Mahomes's interceptions this year have hit off his receivers' hands. I'm sure someone is keeping stats on that.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 14:15 Oct26 2021 Post ID: 3455871
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
That's interesting steelersrock01, I wonder if a stat has been compiled for that. Trying to catch those balls that arrive hard and fast is not easy, you time it wrong the ball is going to fly out into the air for an easy interception. I remember when Dan Marino of the Miami Dolphins came to London in the mid 80s he had a training session with a British American football team, and it was just embarrassing, it even made the national evening news. None of the British boys could catch the ball because there was so much zip on it.

steelersrock01 Posted: 14:19 Oct26 2021 Post ID: 3455872
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, and there's all kinds of stories about Brett Favre breaking his receivers fingers in the cold weather at Lambeau too.
Warrior13 Posted: 16:11 Oct26 2021 Post ID: 3455875
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I tried looking up the fastest velocity QBs, but I could not find a list. Josh Allen hit 62mph during the combine though, and they say Elway could hit 60mph as well. I could not find Marino or Favre, but I would have to assume Marino is the fastest all time. He might not have had the strongest arm, but his fastball was special when you couple the cannon he did have with his extremely fast release. Vick too.

Lamar Jackson, for a comparison, only hit 49mph at his combine.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:52 Oct26 2021 Post ID: 3455876
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Miami and Houston have officially agreed to compensation terms for a Deshaun Watson trade. However, Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross wants to know how long a potential suspension would be from Goodell AND for the civil lawsuits to be resolved before the trade is executed. Per reports, neither of which is going to happen. Goodell gave no answer when asked the question today at the Owners Meeting, and Watson refuses to just settle out of court because he feels it would be an admission of guilt.

If Panthers want him, they would have to swoop in now and be okay with what the Phins appear like they are not.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 26th 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:28 Oct26 2021 Post ID: 3455877
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, no way is Goddell going to answer that question without the investigation being done.

Bit off topic, but are any of you guys in multiple groups on Yahoo? I'm in another pickem with my friend and there's a glitch. In ours, I have 71, but in my other one I have 70 an I've made the same picks the whole time, I triple-checked. For some reason it's only giving me 8 for last week when I have 9.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:35 Oct26 2021 Post ID: 3455879
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I am not. But I will take that 70 wins if you do not want it. ;)
Sanzano Posted: 00:10 Oct27 2021 Post ID: 3455883
Sanzano
+
Any idea what those terms are for Watson? Tua officially now knows he is not wanted at Miami. After the way Tua has played the last couple of weeks I wouldn't be too disappointed if he ended up in Washington. I saw potential that can be built on in those games. The problem is if Tua keeps playing like that Miami are going to insist on a first round pick which Washington won't give up because they are likely to be picking in the top 10 of the 2022 draft.

If Tua goes to another club and becomes an elite quarterback it will reflect badly on Miami. That would be two quarterbacks (Tannenhill) the Dolphins have recently squandered.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 27th 2021 »

Warrior13 Posted: 10:55 Oct27 2021 Post ID: 3455886
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
No reports on the terms, but there will not be until the deal goes through. Again, highly unlikely unless Watson settles out of court according to reports.

Panthers are officially out of the Watson Sweepstakes. I am guessing they want the legal stuff gone too. I feel like the price could free fall now as the Phins might see that as another warning.
steelersrock01 Posted: 13:14 Oct27 2021 Post ID: 3455888
steelersrock01
+
If the Texans really just want to get rid of him, why should the Dolphins bet against themselves? Offer one first rounder.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:31 Oct27 2021 Post ID: 3455889
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'd have to think that only one 1st Rounder is on the table, with any more of such being conditional picks. Makes no sense to trade for him though. I think I heard that Tua is like 8-6 as a Starter going to last season (8-2 if you minus two blowouts by the Bills and the last two chokes by the defense), having a 65% completion rate and equal TDs to Picks (gotta remember he has thrown five or six against that Bills defense alone). Last I checked, most rookies (considering Tua hasn't even played a full sixteen games) would kill for stats like when on a team that started a total rebuild two years ago.

Miami has done stupid things ever since Marino retire. I'd even go a step further and say it went a five years more than that because Dan was pretty washed up those last couple of years. But I really thought that Flores and Grier would move the franchise past that. If they trade for Watson, apparently not. Moreover, the likes of Rodgers and Wilson could be on the market after both the season and Watson's lawsuits--doesn't it make the most sense to wait until then and give Tua the benefit of the doubt in such time?

BTW Flores came out AGAIN and expressed that Tua is team's QB. But does that mean anything at this point? Prove it by Flores, Grier, and Ross all coming out and saying they are not trading for Watson like the Panthers have.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 27th 2021 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:36 Oct27 2021 Post ID: 3455890
steelersrock01
+
It's gotta be playing hell on Tua's mental health to have his coach come out time and time again saying he's the guy and then reading reports that the front office has trades essentially completed to trade him away.
Sanzano Posted: 15:22 Oct27 2021 Post ID: 3455891
Sanzano
+
I feel sorry for Tua, the guy has been treated like trash. This borders on mental cruelty.

Colin Cowherd has the trade details on his desk but is not allowed to discuss them. All he said was he was surprised Miami didn't have to give up that much. Maybe it is just one first rounder and a bunch of players and lower round draft picks.

Warrior13 Posted: 17:21 Oct27 2021 Post ID: 3455892
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I guess that would be a consolation, but I still hope they do not trade for him. I get the price would be crazy if he the lawsuits fall by the wayside after the season, but it is far too risky. Just roll with Tua and keep your picks. If you are going to trade anyone, trade Howard for more draft picks. Phins have soooooo many holes.
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:15 Oct27 2021 Post ID: 3455893
steelersrock01
+
I wonder who Watson goes to if Miami backs off. Rumor was Carolina had a deal for him but Watson would only waive his no trade clause for Miami. Carolina or Denver seem like better fits for him at this point. I wouldn't be opposed to him in Pittsburgh but not for anything insane. I just don't think he's ever going to be an elite QB.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Oct 27th 2021 »
Warrior13 Posted: 23:07 Oct27 2021 Post ID: 3455894
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If he did not have the legal issues, he would have been a Panther before the draft. The had offered as high as three 1sts, McCaffery, and Bridgewater. A deal easily would have been done between the two.

Denver is all in on Rodgers, but Steelers could be in play for him now if the rumors are correct.

If no one trades for Watson before the deadline and he can clear his legal issues, things will get interesting in the off season. Not to mention, Wilson might also be on the market if Seahawks do not make the playoffs.

Could be one of the crazier off seasons. Rodgers (assuming the Packers do not win it all), Watson (assuming he cleans up his lawsuits), and Wilson (assuming the Seahawks miss the playoffs) could shake up the NFL as we know it.
Sanzano Posted: 01:25 Oct28 2021 Post ID: 3455895
Sanzano
+
Watson has said he is prepared to be dealt to other teams if it doesn't work out with Miami, I think the guy is starting to get a little desperate. Carolina have said they would be aggressive and deal whatever it takes to get him. I think they have already given up on Darnold.

If Russell Wilson is on the market during the offseason you have to say Washington would be one of the favourites to grab him. They would have a high number one draft pick to barter with and maybe a player or two. Aaron Rodgers I feel will end up in Denver, just a matter of time.

steelersrock01 Posted: 09:49 Oct28 2021 Post ID: 3455897
steelersrock01
+
Philly will definitely be in play for these guys too. They've got potentially 3 first round picks in the draft to work with for Rodgers or Wilson or Watson. I think they know Hurts isn't the future there.

Darnold is pretty bad, this experiment clearly didn't work out.

Watson is one of the few players to have an actual no trade clause in his contract, but I've no idea the details besides Miami being cleared.
Sanzano Posted: 05:49 Oct29 2021 Post ID: 3455901
Sanzano
+
Whoever is thinking of trading for Watson better do it soon as the trade deadline is only a few days away.

It's going to be Miami, that's where Watson wants to go. The Dolphins are trying to make it appear they are not that interested and may go with Tua to try and bring down the price they have to pay. If Watson says he would go to Philadelphia and Carolina then it becomes a bidding war and Watson will probably end up go for something ridiculous as the Panther head office have already said they will trade whatever it takes.

Cardinals lost last night because the Cardinal receiver didn't look around for the ball. They could of had an easy field goal, and still have another down if they fluffed it.

steelersrock01 Posted: 09:35 Oct29 2021 Post ID: 3455902
steelersrock01
+
Well that pick didn't work out. I really thought the Packers not having their top 3 WRs, top 2 CBs, and all pro LT would be enough. Oh well.

That was maybe the worst play I've seen a fairly high-profile player make in a while. AJ Green doesn't usually mess up like that. Communication error, I guess. It was a pretty nice throw too.
Displaying Page 330 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close