Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 346 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 22:04 Dec27 2021 Post ID: 3456742
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Good win for the Phins. Not the prettiest of games, but a win no less. One down, two more to go. Phins currently the last Wild Card team; if they win out, they will be the sixth seed due to tiebreakers overs the Pats (which would likely see them play the Titans again). Again, have to win these next two first.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Dec 27th 2021 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 23:10 Dec27 2021 Post ID: 3456743
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Solid win for the Phins, but expected with the Saints being so decimated. Still good that they did what they had to do though. Miami is pretty easy to root as a football fan with no real skin in the game at this point. The pragmatic in me thinks it's better to miss the playoffs for the draft pick if you're borderline and have no real chance at winning, as I don't think Miami really does, but I also like an underdog story. And they don't have their own first round pick in 2022 anyway, so no reason not to go all out. Plus any given Sunday and all that.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Dec 27th 2021 »
Sanzano Posted: 00:57 Dec28 2021 Post ID: 3456744
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Good win for the Dolphins, they are a team with momentum that must be confident after their current run of wins. Anything can happen if they reach the playoffs. It's a shame the team was distracted with all the Deshaun Watson coming to Miami talk, I think that cost them a couple of games early on. Miami is now playing as a team.

Matt77 Posted: 01:20 Dec28 2021 Post ID: 3456745
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Much better second half. Dumb penalties went away. It was impressive to once again see Tua bounce back from throwing an INT, by immediately leading a TD drive. It included a 40-yard pass on 3rd & 9, which was the 2nd longest pass of his NFL career. The offense is limited, but we did well to mix it up and throw in the occasional wildcat formation. The story is the defense. They destroyed the weak New Orleans o-line, sacked Book 8 times, and intercepted him twice (including a pick-6).

Even if we don't make it, it's still a fantastic achievement to be in the hunt for playoffs after starting 1-7 and being one of the worst teams in the league.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Dec 28th 2021 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:23 Dec28 2021 Post ID: 3456746
steelersrock01
+
I think any Dolphins fan should be happy with this season no matter the outcome. Now you just want to root for SF to lose.
Warrior13 Posted: 15:46 Dec28 2021 Post ID: 3456747
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It is more bittersweet for me. The Phins should probably be 11-4 right now, but they let distractions and subpar defense kill them early. At the very least, they should be 10-5. There was no excuse for the defense to have let the Jags and Falcons steal those games, especially not after Tua had them leading late. But it is what it is.

Hopefully they can win out and have a shot.
Matt77 Posted: 20:12 Dec28 2021 Post ID: 3456748
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
In the Las Vegas game, Will Fuller dropped a huge TD (game-winner) because of a DPI. We would've won that game 31-28.

In the Jacksonville game we scored a TD off a fumbled punt return by Jacksonville, which was called back (even though replays showed the Jacksonville player touch the football). We lost that game by 3 points.

We should be 10-5 right now. That's why it annoys me seeing so many people saying how lucky Miami have been with their schedule. Plus we lost Tua for several games cause of a rib injury.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 21:57 Dec28 2021 Post ID: 3456749
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I know what you mean. At least the Phins can silence doubters if they win both of their remaining games. But it is put up or shut up at this point.
steelersrock01 Posted: 23:01 Dec28 2021 Post ID: 3456750
steelersrock01
+
Incredibly sad news, legend John Madden has died aged 85. I'm obviously too young to have seen him coach, but I do remember some games in the early to mid 2000s where he was a color commentator. He was winding down as I was starting to get into football as a tween, but I remember him calling the 2009 Super Bowl where the Steelers beat the Cardinals. And of course the video games that bear his name. His personality doesn't shine through in them as it did while he was still actively working, but the feature to let the AI choose your play is still called "ask Madden", and the highest difficulty level is called "All-Madden".

He'll be greatly missed by many in the football community for being a HoF coach, legendary commentator, and by all accounts a good man that never even sniffed controversy and I've never heard of anyone disliking him. Not too many like Madden these days.
Sanzano Posted: 01:40 Dec29 2021 Post ID: 3456752
Sanzano
+
That is sad news, I used to love hearing Madden's commentary on NFL games. Some things he would say were just gold, especially his patented 'BOOM' when describing a great tackle by a defender. There's nobody around at the moment that comes anywhere near him, the guy was levels above. Even when a game was terrible, he would make you forget about the game with his commentary, which would drift into thoughts about individual players and interesting facts. I guess that's why his video game has survived all these years, everyone loved John Madden.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Dec 29th 2021 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 11:41 Dec29 2021 Post ID: 3456756
steelersrock01
+
The current crop of commentators doesn't really do it for me either. Joe Buck is growing on me. Romo is okay, but sometimes he just needs to be quiet and let the game breathe.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:07 Dec30 2021 Post ID: 3456759
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Made my picks. I thought a few were toss ups, but apparently not. lol
Matt77 Posted: 00:32 Dec31 2021 Post ID: 3456764
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Conservative week from me. Not too many upsets looked promising this week, so no point getting aggressive for no reason. The danger is that if one of you tips upsets, you'll definitely catch up.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:54 Jan01 2022 Post ID: 3456770
Sanzano
+
Looks like the competition is going down to the final week, I only have one upset, everything else looks straight forward and too risky to gamble on. Next week's games have three or four games that could go either way.

Happy New Year fellas, hope you all have a good one.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 1st 2022 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 18:46 Jan01 2022 Post ID: 3456772
steelersrock01
+
Happy New Year guys. 2021 really flew.
Sanzano Posted: 03:22 Jan02 2022 Post ID: 3456774
Sanzano
+
You wait until you hit 50, you'll know all about how quick time flies, especially if you have kids.

I just found out that there is a slim chance that the Washington football team can make the playoffs, it means winning the last two games and relying on about five different results around the league.

I think I'd rather have the higher draft pick to be honest, I now understand how important a few places can be in the draft order can be. Last year the Cowboys picked Mica Parsons at linebacker in the first round and a few picks later Washington took Jamin Davies another linebacker. One looks like he's heading to Canton while the other looks like a bust.

I can't believe there are still people who support Miami who feel they need a quarterback, right about now I'd love Tua to be the Washington quarterback.

steelersrock01 Posted: 18:30 Jan02 2022 Post ID: 3456776
steelersrock01
+
Very disappointing game for Miami. Now one of the AFC wild card spots is locked up, and Miami is competing with the Raiders, Chargers, Colts who all now have better records, and with the Ravens, and with either the Steelers or Browns for one of the last two spots. That was really a huge game to lose.
Matt77 Posted: 19:30 Jan02 2022 Post ID: 3456777
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior & Mike surprisingly tipped Miami, and it didn't pay off. That puts Warrior 4 behind, and probably out of the running. Dennis tipped identically to me, and is still within striking distance.

Miami are eliminated. Not sure exactly how, but it's over. Possibly due to Las Vegas's upset win. That was very disappointing, and I'm glad I didn't decide to stay up till 2-5am to watch the game. As bad as it was, it's so frustrating to see Miami fans immediately saying that Tua is a bust and that they will help him pack his bags. I mean, one week ago he was the saviour behind the worst o-line in the NFL. Nothing changes. You can't expect a QB to function behind historically one of the worst o-lines the league has seen. We can only properly judge Tua once he has a competent o-line and an actual RB.

How are Philly 9-7 and in the playoffs?! They are beyond mediocre, and almost lost to Washington. I can't think of one impressive win they've had this season, and Hurts hasn't even proven himself to be a starting QB.

Kansas City blew a 28-14 lead against Cincy to be outscored 20-3 for the rest of the game. That now puts them down to the #2 seed and no 1st week bye. Tennessee have Houston next week, so unless they choke, KC will be playing 1st week (possibly against LA Chargers who should've beaten them recently).

Josh Allen threw 0TDs & 3INTs, but somehow Buffalo beat Atlanta 29-15. They're limping towards playoffs.

Dallas choked another big game, right when the media were saying it's their year. No way they should be losing to the out of form and injured Cardinals, at home. Now they're the 4th seed in the NFC.

The site must be broken, because I have tipped 11 upset picks next week. I guess it may also depend which teams rest starters.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 2nd 2022 »

ViolinViolinViolin

steelersrock01 Posted: 20:34 Jan02 2022 Post ID: 3456778
steelersrock01
+
I don't think the site has the underdogs correct until the previous week is finalized. Currently it just has all the home teams as favorites.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:14 Jan02 2022 Post ID: 3456779
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My heart said go with the Phins, every other part of my being said Titans would win. I was not going to be able to come back after last week, so it did not matter. Fate has decided that it will be Matt or Dennis; I have accepted it for over a week now. lol

I will gladly take winning my family picks. Could not have asked for more after those two bad weeks in the middle of the season that got me way back.

Sad to see the Phins lose out, but that is why you have to defeat teams like the Jags, Falcons, and Raiders while you can.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jan 2nd 2022 »
Displaying Page 346 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close