Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 373 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 01:21 Apr27 2022 Post ID: 3457775
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Looks like this is going to be Aaron Rogers last year then, no elite receivers to throw to will hinder the Packers path to the NFC title and as soon as people start pointing the finger at Rogers for the Packers demise and he will retire.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 06:18 Apr27 2022 Post ID: 3457777
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
They will definitely be getting a WR in the 1st Round. Maybe that will help the Packers.

I read that the Niners have finally started to yield calls for Deebo. They might as well trade him if they aren't willing to fork out 30 million for the dude. The Packers and Chiefs have set the precedent. My money is on the Jets getting Deebo. Chiefs and Packers make sense, but, again, they just traded Hill and Adams, respectively, over money issues.
Sanzano Posted: 12:24 Apr27 2022 Post ID: 3457779
Sanzano
+
I think Deebo will go to the Jets as well. I also think it will go down as one of the biggest mistakes in NFL history. It will be like that Pittsburgh running back Le'Veon Bell who funny enough went to the Jets. It was a disaster for him, his production was cut in half.

Warrior13 Posted: 23:23 Apr28 2022 Post ID: 3457788
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Winners of Draft Day 1:
Jets (Sauce Gardner + Garrett Wilson + Jermaine Johnson)
Lions (Aiden Hutchinson + Jameson Williams)
Chiefs (Trent McDuffie + George Karlaftis)
Giants (Kayon Thibodeaux + Evan Neal)
Ravens (Kyle Hamilton + Tyler Linderbaum)
Saints (Chris Olave + Trevor Penning)
Eagles (Jordan Davis + AJ Brown)

Jets were clearly the big winner. Making wise picks with Sauce and Wilson, and then nabbing a falling Johnson. Simply incredible.

Lions made the Vikings look like fools. Jumping twenty slots for essentially a 3rd? What?

Chiefs had great value. Giants stuck wisely to their plan. Ravens went for best overall players. Saints walked away with WR and OT. And Eagles got Brown after missing out on Williams.

Losers of Draft Day 1:
Texans (Derek Stingley, Kenyon Green)
Pittsburgh (Kenny Pickett)
Chargers (Zion Johnson)
Patriots (Cole Strange)
Vikings (Lewis Cline)

Yes, despite not drafting a WR, the Packers picks were good enough to not see them be a loser. Texans reached for Green, and Stingley has high bust potential. Chargers went with Johnson when they could have had Penning or Smith. Vikings got bamboozled by the Lions in a trade. Pittsburgh should have picked Willis.

If not for the Patriots selecting a Day 2 at best prospect, Steelers would have the worst selection. Sorry, Mike. No sure why they did not go with Willis. Pickett makes no sense for them. Small hands will come into play during bad weather, plus low ceiling.

Reaction From Draft Day 1:
Absolute madness after the Top 10. Too many trades to count.
Sanzano Posted: 01:27 Apr29 2022 Post ID: 3457790
Sanzano
+
I was bang on the money with Kenny Pickett, no way in the world could the Steelers pass on him, the Rooney family would have been lynched. You boys won't remember the uproar that was caused when Pittsburgh didn't select local boy Dan Marino in 1983. No way were they going to let the possibility of that happen again.

Warrior13 Posted: 03:53 Apr29 2022 Post ID: 3457792
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
You were definitely right on that one, Dennis. But like you also said at one point, he is no Marino. lol
Sanzano Posted: 07:57 Apr29 2022 Post ID: 3457793
Sanzano
+
No doubt about it, they are not even in the same hemisphere. If Marino is a 10 then Pickett is about a 6 at best. The problem is Pickett is a Local boy who played for Pitt (like Marino) and is very popular in
Pennsylvania because of it. It was too much of a risk of Pickett going on to becoming elite, the Steelers were bullied into taking him. Pickett is literally the best quarterback to come out of Pitt since Dan Marino so there is a lot of fanfare behind him we don't hear about.

Still some high profile players not selected in the first round.

Malik Willis
Andrew Booth Jr
Nakobe Dean
Desmond Ridder
Matt Corral

What are the chances of Nakobe Dean falling to Washington?

steelersrock01 Posted: 10:12 Apr29 2022 Post ID: 3457795
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Yeah, if the Steelers had to draft a QB I would've drafted Willis, but Pickett is fine. There was no way they were passing him up. I think he is the most pro-ready of them, and getting the 5th year option is always good. I'm surprised nobody traded up to 32 to take Willis tbh.

Amazing draft for the Jets. Joe Douglas is changing the culture there. Same for the Lions. I'm absolutely sure the Ravens just got 2 pro bowlers too. The Packers picked good players, but Rodgers has to be positively fuming. You can't go into the season with Allen Lazard as WR1 with Sammy Watkins and the corpse of Randall Cobb shuffling around the field.

I'm also not sure the Eagles trading for Brown is a huge win. They gave up a third for him, and signed him to a new 4yr/100M deal with almost 60M guaranteed. He's a good receiver and certainly their best one right now, but that's a lot of money and Jalen Hurts sucks. He's almost certainly going to see a dip in production, and I don't think the Eagles really needed a receiver at this point in the draft. They already had Devonta Smith and Quez Watkins as nice pieces with Dallas Goedert at TE. Plenty of guys at Day 2 or 3 that could contribute. Still, they can afford it with Hurts being cheap and them almost assuredly taking a QB next year unless Hurts makes a huge jump.

No clue what BB is doing with that Strange pick, nobody had any footage or opinion on him at all. Seems like a guy that would be there in round 2 or 3. Typical BB weirdness, he's either going to be great or a gigantic bust.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Apr 29th 2022 »
Sanzano Posted: 10:30 Apr29 2022 Post ID: 3457797
Sanzano
+
I agree with you steelersrock01, it is a strange pick, Cole Strange was the 3,800 ranked player coming out of high school. Has he improved that much that he can now be picked 29th in the NFL draft? Bill Bellichick is going to get roasted if he is a bust. The Patriots could probably have got him in the later rounds of the draft.

Jets are starting to look good on paper with those accuisitions in the draft. If they pick up Nakobi Dean in the second round this will go down as one of their best drafts ever. They could even pick up Malik Willis if they feel Zack Wilson isn't their man.

Warrior13 Posted: 13:08 Apr29 2022 Post ID: 3457801
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
OMG... Now I'm especially upset with the Steelers not selecting Willis... If they had, I would have gone perfect in my Fox Bet Super 6 Picks and won 5k...

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Apr 29th 2022 »
Sanzano Posted: 16:27 Apr29 2022 Post ID: 3457804
Sanzano
+
Really!!! Wow, that would have been something. Please don't tell me if you had of put Kenny Pickett to Pittsburgh you would have won. That was the most obvious pick of the night if Pickett was on the board when the Steelers selected.

Matt77 Posted: 21:29 Apr29 2022 Post ID: 3457806
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Hello people, I am alive. Hope you've all been well. Sorry I didn't participate in the mock draft this year, I've been:
- Busy with work
- Doing post grad studies
- Had a lot of things/thoughts (mainly good, but messy) going on as well

Point 3 will calm down naturally soon, & my current unit is in week 5/8. Once that unit finishes I get a 5-week break. I will be back at some stage. Basically I have been prioritising other stuff so that I don't have too much going on.

I have zero knowledge of the draft or the draft picks at this stage, but will do some reading before I come back. I have caught up with general NFL news though.

Your emails are appreciated Warrior ;)

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:45 Apr29 2022 Post ID: 3457807
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
We're all doing well Matt. Really good to hear from you. It's good to know you're doing well, all this stuff is secondary.
Sanzano Posted: 02:05 Apr30 2022 Post ID: 3457808
Sanzano
+
Great to hear you're OK Matt, I miss reading your views on NFL and tennis. Look forward to seeing you back here when you have got yourself sorted out, hopefully in time for the new NFL season.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Apr 30th 2022 »

Warrior13 Posted: 13:36 Apr30 2022 Post ID: 3457811
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: Glad to do see you doing well. Life comes first, remember that. We will always be here. With that said, it wouldn't have mattered if you put in a mock draft anyhow, not with me dominating. ;) :P
Sanzano Posted: 16:24 Apr30 2022 Post ID: 3457815
Sanzano
+
I have to agree, Warrior13 put together a world class mock. Who gets eleven straight NFL draft picks correct in the first round. It's unheard of.

Warrior13 Posted: 19:34 Apr30 2022 Post ID: 3457817
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I was freaking out every correct pick after five. lol
Sanzano Posted: 01:51 May01 2022 Post ID: 3457818
Sanzano
+
I bet you were. I wish I had that kind of luck when I do the national lottery and there's 17 million euros to be won.

Warrior13 Posted: 04:52 May01 2022 Post ID: 3457821
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Same here. lol
Sanzano Posted: 11:08 May01 2022 Post ID: 3457823
Sanzano
+
Sam Howell was projected to go in the first round of the 2022 draft, he even got invited to the green room. What happened, why did he slip to the fifth round. I understand now why Nakobi Dean slipped, the guy was injured and is undersized for the NFL. But what was the knock against Howell? Reading mixed opinions by Washington fans, some say he was a steal while others say he is just Taylor Heinecke with a stronger arm. Not sure who to believe, I've watched his highlights but everybody's highlights make them look good. I have noticed he throws a great bomb and his go-to receiver the year before last was a certain Dyami Brown who was drafted by Washington last year. Howell sounds too good to be true from what I have read, there's got to be something wrong with him.

I'm beginning to wonder if Rivera has faith in Wentz, Washington have drafted a 6 foot 7 gun slinger in Cole Kelly. The guy can throw a deep ball!

That's four quarterbacks on the roster, one is definitely getting cut... Lots of fans think Wentz will be benched by week 7 and Howell will take over with Hienecke as the backup. Others think Cole Kelly is a dark horse. This should be interesting.

« Last edited by Sanzano on May 1st 2022 »

Displaying Page 373 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close