Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 390 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 16:12 Oct03 2022 Post ID: 3458656
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
The lines that outlined the players name on the back of the jersey was something I did not care for. Just looked gross to me.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 19:30 Oct03 2022 Post ID: 3458657
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Oh, wow. Either Mike pulls within one or I keep my lead by tying for the week. I cannot believe we picked basically all the same games except for the night games. lol
Sanzano Posted: 13:21 Oct04 2022 Post ID: 3458658
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I didn' t like lines at all either Warrior13, they are an eye sore. Like Steelers01 said it just didn't remotely look like the Redskins out there. The team has had its identity toally ripped away. Terrible. I'm finding it hard to support this team, it just feels like another team with familiar names.

I'm still struggling to understand why the Redskins just didn't change the name to Warriors and kept the logo on the helmet. I have an authentic Riddell Washington Redskins helmet I got twenty years ago on display in my office in a see-through plastic box and for the life of me I can't fathom how the indian on the side is racist. That's exactly what an indian looks like. I think that logo was the best in the NFL along with the Raiders.

Warrior13 Posted: 14:09 Oct04 2022 Post ID: 3458659
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Completely agree. Wasn't racist at all. The term "redskins" meant "Indian warrior", no one in their right mind thought they were using a derogatory, racist term to describe the skin color of Indians.

Similar thing happened to a college team. They used to be called the Syracuse Orangemen, but now they are the Syracuse Orange. Have no idea what they heck that is. When I was a kid, I just always thought the term "Orangemen" was the mascot, which was an animate orange with arms and legs. Still have the same mascot, but now just the orange. Again, if anything, the term was the name of an Indian tribe, not as a slur for those will a certain skin color.

I would've loved it if the Redskins became the Warriors. I used to love the Hawaii Warriors (college team) back when I was a child, but now they are the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors. I think they did so to be one name (they were Rainbow Warriors in other sports back then), but, I don't know, it made it less tough sounding to me.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 4th 2022 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:43 Oct04 2022 Post ID: 3458660
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Warriors would've been a good name. I liked the logo too. Seemed to be a pretty favorable representation - unlike the Cleveland Indians Chief Wahoo that was maybe a bit over the line. Redskins as a name, eh. Certainly better as a name than boring generic Commanders. Whether or not it's racist, I couldn't say. It's not one I've ever heard in daily life.
Warrior13 Posted: 03:33 Oct06 2022 Post ID: 3458661
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Still mulling over a game or two. A handful of close contests.
Sanzano Posted: 16:01 Oct06 2022 Post ID: 3458662
Sanzano
+
You are on the ball this year Warrior13, I'll be surprised if you don't win this competition. I can't get my head around that you are already 8 points in front of Matt, and it's only week 5. Just hope you don't get too far in front otherwise the rest of us will be forced into picking underdogs which is not a good position to be in.

I have four upsets this week, that could change though, I need to make up some ground on Warrior13 and choosing all the favorites is not going to get it done.

I don't rate Detroit but their offense scores a lot of points. I'm wondering if it will be enough to beat New England who are not known for socring lots of points.

Miam without Tua looked luckluster last week. Is Bridgewater good enough to lead them to a win away against the Jets. I'm not sure.

Cincinnati has regressed this year but do they have enough to beat an average Colts team away. I'm still trying to decide on that one. Matt Ryan isn't exactly doing much in Baltimore, some are saying he should retire.

How good are Seattle? Are they good enough to beat the Saints who aren't up to much this year. Gino Smith has a quarterback rating of 108.05.

I didn't know that the Syracuse Orangemen was named after an Indian tribe, that was interesting. I will research that.

I can see now why the college moved away from that logo, the Washington Redskins one though was serious and powerful.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Oct 6th 2022 »

Warrior13 Posted: 05:08 Oct07 2022 Post ID: 3458663
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
That game last night was ugly. Broncos are in trouble.
Sanzano Posted: 16:19 Oct08 2022 Post ID: 3458664
Sanzano
+
I'm hearing that Russell Wilson wasn't popular in the Seattle locker room and the same thing is happening in Denver. His teammates resent the guy, he gets the most money and blames everyone else when things don't go right and leads a flashy lifestyle that doesn't sit well with some of the veterans. Denver fans must be stressed thinking how much they paid Wilson and even gave him an additional year before seeing him throw a ball for their team.

I don't know who was the bigger waste of money, Cousins, Prescott, or Wilson. All three in my book are not elite quarterbacks. Wilson may have been a few years back but has since regressed annually. The Seahawks must be laughing.

Warrior13 Posted: 17:12 Oct08 2022 Post ID: 3458665
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I think Wilson still has something left in the tank, but he is clearly forcing it. Feels like he is trying to prove that he can be a pocket passer. Unfortunately, he just doesn't have that great of an arm.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:41 Oct09 2022 Post ID: 3458666
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Man, horrible luck for the four of us to start the week. lol
Sanzano Posted: 13:08 Oct09 2022 Post ID: 3458667
Sanzano
+
I didn't realise the Giants and Packers game was held in London.

Miami are in trouble, Bridgewater has gone down. The pack is either going to close the gap this week on Warrior13 or he is going further ahead. I can't wait to see what he's taken in the late games...

Warrior13 Posted: 13:13 Oct09 2022 Post ID: 3458668
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Man, that blows. Teddy could have easily defeated the Jets. I doubt a third stringer will be able to.
Warrior13 Posted: 18:55 Oct09 2022 Post ID: 3458669
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Cards lose after Murray slides before first down and kicker misses wide. Ooh, so close to the upset pick!

In other news: Rams look in deep trouble. Nice upset pick there, Mike.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 9th 2022 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:52 Oct09 2022 Post ID: 3458670
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Sorry guys, been away from the computer on a camping trip since Wednesday.

Steelers look terrible. Meh.

Kyler Murray sliding too early probably cost them the game or at at least OT. You gotta be a little more aware there.

Cowboys look strong. The offense honestly plays better when Kellen Moore isn't in his own head constantly scheming up nonsense. Defense looks really solid.

Hard loss for the Lions. I want them to be good so badly. That defense is just so bad.
Warrior13 Posted: 22:24 Oct09 2022 Post ID: 3458671
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Better to lose with Pickett and see if he has franchise QB qualities than with a clear bridge guy like Trubisky imo.

Ravens squeaked out the W. They could have won big if Lamar did not miss so many easy ones, but a win is a win, I guess.

Another close week for all of us. Could have definitely went sideways for a few of us with how many games we picked differently, but basically evened out.
Sanzano Posted: 05:17 Oct10 2022 Post ID: 3458672
Sanzano
+
You pull further ahead Warrior13, steelersrock01 is still in touching distance, and I'm losing ground at the rate of one game a week. Not sure what's happened to Matt, he's already 10 points adrift, it's usually us trying to keep up with him.

Warrior13 Posted: 05:30 Oct10 2022 Post ID: 3458673
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
We still have thirteen weeks left to go. Way too early, anyones game.

One week can literally flip everything. This week almost did.
Sanzano Posted: 16:15 Oct10 2022 Post ID: 3458674
Sanzano
+
I must admit, the first thing I do is see what the rest of you guys have picked when the games have kicked off, and it's the games that we pick differently that I focus my attention on. There were quite a few this week but like you said Warrior13 they evened themselves out.

Washington and Pittsburgh are hopeless this year and what happened to Detroit's offense against the Patriots. The Eagles are still undefeated, definitely the surprise team of the season so far. I can't believe it was only a year ago that the NFC East was considered the weakest divison. They now have the 5-0 Eagles and the 4-1 Cowboys and Giants.

Are Washington gong to continue playing Wentz and lose their second round pick? Surely not, have to go with Sam Howell from week 10 if they are out of contention, surely? Is it worth Chase Young coming back, he might as well have the rest of the season off and heal 100%.

Warrior13 Posted: 21:03 Oct10 2022 Post ID: 3458675
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I do the same thing, Dennis. lol

I don't think Washington is done just yet. People want to crown as NFC East as the best division, but it's hardly that. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys get in their own way and the Giants start to plummet.

AFC West is still the best overall division imo despite the early struggles of the Raiders and Broncos.
Displaying Page 390 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close