Here's a quick mock draft I wrote for you guys. Enjoy. ;)
1) Texans - QB Will Levis (Kentucky):
Young & Stroud are ahead of Levis at the moment, but I think he could rise through the process. Best arm of the bunch.
2) Bears - WR Quentin Johnston (TCU):
Johnston has been compared to a young Julio Jones. Justin Fields could use all the help he can get.
3) Seahawks - EDGE Will Anderson Jr. (Alabama):
Anderson no longer looks like a generational talent, but he could be the safest pick in the draft. Seahawks roll with Geno.
4) Lions - CB Max Melton (Rutgers):
There is no standout CB this year. Joey Porter Jr. is currently the headliner, but I think Melton might skyrocketing up draft boards.
5) Eagles - DT Jalen Carter (Georgia):
Carter might be the second best player in the draft. Pairing him with Jordan Davis could solve the Eagles problems with defending the run.
6) Panthers - QB Bryce Young (Alabama):
The Panthers will probably luck out with a top QB if the draft order falls like this. They go Young over Stroud here.
7) Jaguars - CB Joey Porter Jr. (Penn State)
The Jags are horrible in the secondary. Porter would help with that.
8) Cardinals - RB Bijan Robinson (Texas):
Should the Cardinals go defense here? Probably. But they opt for who most consider to be the best player in the draft.
9) Colts - QB Tanner McKee (Stanford):
The Colts are worried that the Ohio State QB Curse is for real, so they go with a surprise riser in McKee.
10) Falcons - QB CJ Stroud (Ohio State):
The Falcons have no answer at QB. They roll with Stroud depite having concerns.
11) Packers - WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba (Ohio State):
The Packers have to get more weapons for Rodgers. The 1st Round WR drought ends for them.
12) Raiders - CB Christian Gonzalez (Oregon):
Much like the Jags, the Raiders are terrible on the backend. This is a dire need.
13) Texans - WR Jordan Addison (USC):
Cooks wants out, so the Texans will have to find a weapon for their new QB.
14) Steelers - OT Peter Skoronski (Northwestern):
Will he be as good as former teamate Slater? Probably not. But the Steelers need the O-Line help.
15) Lions - EDGE Mylers Murphy (Clemson):
I was gonna go with another weapon for Goff, but pairing a sliding Murphy with Hutchinson is too good to pass up.
16) Chargers - DT T'Vondre Sweat (Texas):
The Chargers desparately need more run support. Scouts feel Sweat could be this year's Jordan Davis.
17) Patriots - OT Paris Johnson (Ohio State):
Do the Pats need more weapons for Mac Jones? Of course. But Bill loves his O-Linemen. And its not like the Pats don't need help in that area as well.
18) Commanders - CB Brian Branch (Alabama):
Man, a lot of these teams need CBs. Good thing this class is pretty deep. Here ya go, Commanders.
19) Buccaneers - QB Anthony Richardson (Florida):
Brady is either gonna retire or leave this offseason, so the Bucs will have to replace him. Richardson is extremely raw, but his athleticism is off the charts.
20) Seahawks - LB Jack Campbell (Iowa):
It was either Center or Middle Linebacker. I went with the latter.
21) Titans - TE Michael Mayers (Notre Dame):
A much needed weapon for the Titans. WR would've been better, but I think Mayers is better at this point.
22) Jets - OT Jaelyn Duncan (Maryland):
Becton is a bust. The Jets replace him here.
23) Giants - CB Antonio Johnson (Texas A&M):
No QBs left, so the G-Men go with a CB.
24) Broncos - DT Gervon Dexter (Florida):
O-Line is an option here, but the Broncos struggle against the run. They decide to try to fix the latter since they will be healthier at the former next year.
25) Ravens - WR Jalin Hyatt (Tennessee):
Hyatt explouded this year, and the Ravens need to get Lamar some weapons.
26) Bengals - EDGE Jared Verse (Florida State):
The Bengals were hoping to go with an Edge Rusher last year in the 1st. They do so now.
27) Cowboys - WR Cedric Tillman (Tennessee):
It's looking the Cowboys might not sign OBJ after all. Here is a better long term answer.
28) Chiefs - CB Cam Smith (South Carolina):
The Chiefs need to continue to build their secondary.
29) Vikings - DE Tuli Tuipulotu (USC):
Not the biggest need, but best player available. Adding pass rushers never hurts.
30) Bills - CB Clark Phillips (Utah):
The Bills do not have many holes, but in a conference with Mahomes, Burrow, and the Dolphins' Weapons, you can't have too many CBs.
31) Eagles - C Jarrett Patterson (Notre Dame):
If Kelce finally decides to hang it up, the Eagles will have a hole at Center.
« Last edited by Warrior13 on Dec 8th 2022 »