Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 397 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | 399 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 14:01 Dec07 2022 Post ID: 3458816
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Yes, I forgot about that, the Rams used the pick for Stafford. They've still got their 2nd and 3rd round picks. The 4th round pick got used to get Sony Michel. Not much draft capital really for the Rams in 2023. Not sure Mayfield is the answer to their problems though.

I'm surprised the 49rs didn't pick Mayfield up to be honest.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 16:34 Dec07 2022 Post ID: 3458817
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Mayfield, honestly, cannot hurt. The Rams have nothing remotely close to him at QB with Stafford out. Why not.

The Niners are clearly going to just going to roll with Purdy and pray for Jimmy G to make it back for the playoffs. Chances are slim, but they have no other option at this point. Kind of stinks that they did not keep Beathard two years ago, as he would be a much better arm.
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:34 Dec07 2022 Post ID: 3458818
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Purdy at least seems fun to root for and has a nice story.
Sanzano Posted: 03:42 Dec08 2022 Post ID: 3458819
Sanzano
+
December 24th Washington faces the 49rs at Fed Ex. Should be an interesting game. Last time they played Washington beat them easily. If Garapollo is out and they start Purdy and Chase Young is back it could get interesting.

At the moment I'm leaning slightly towards Washington, IF they beat the Giants at home in two weeks time after their bye week.

I have to root for Dallas of all teams this week to beat the Giants, if that happens Washington takes their playoff spot. This season is starting to get interesting.

I guess you're right about Mayfield, I think it's more of a case of retaining the fans interest in the remaining games of the season. At the end of the day the team still needs to sell tickets. I think everybody already knows he is not going to do much.

Warrior13 Posted: 12:05 Dec08 2022 Post ID: 3458820
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
This week seems pretty straightforward. The Night games were the only tough ones. Might flip flop, still thinking about those.
Sanzano Posted: 15:22 Dec08 2022 Post ID: 3458821
Sanzano
+
I've been caught out too many times with games appearing to be straight forward. I bet you there's still three or four games that will have us scratching our heads when the final whistle blows.

I'm struggling with the same two games. I think Miami will come roaring back though, I have high hopes for them this season. Miami fans must be happy hearing that the Bills Von Millar is out for the season.

Warrior13 Posted: 15:37 Dec08 2022 Post ID: 3458822
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Here's a quick mock draft I wrote for you guys. Enjoy. ;)

1) Texans - QB Will Levis (Kentucky):
Young & Stroud are ahead of Levis at the moment, but I think he could rise through the process. Best arm of the bunch.

2) Bears - WR Quentin Johnston (TCU):
Johnston has been compared to a young Julio Jones. Justin Fields could use all the help he can get.

3) Seahawks - EDGE Will Anderson Jr. (Alabama):
Anderson no longer looks like a generational talent, but he could be the safest pick in the draft. Seahawks roll with Geno.

4) Lions - CB Max Melton (Rutgers):
There is no standout CB this year. Joey Porter Jr. is currently the headliner, but I think Melton might skyrocketing up draft boards.

5) Eagles - DT Jalen Carter (Georgia):
Carter might be the second best player in the draft. Pairing him with Jordan Davis could solve the Eagles problems with defending the run.

6) Panthers - QB Bryce Young (Alabama):
The Panthers will probably luck out with a top QB if the draft order falls like this. They go Young over Stroud here.

7) Jaguars - CB Joey Porter Jr. (Penn State)
The Jags are horrible in the secondary. Porter would help with that.

8) Cardinals - RB Bijan Robinson (Texas):
Should the Cardinals go defense here? Probably. But they opt for who most consider to be the best player in the draft.

9) Colts - QB Tanner McKee (Stanford):
The Colts are worried that the Ohio State QB Curse is for real, so they go with a surprise riser in McKee.

10) Falcons - QB CJ Stroud (Ohio State):
The Falcons have no answer at QB. They roll with Stroud depite having concerns.

11) Packers - WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba (Ohio State):
The Packers have to get more weapons for Rodgers. The 1st Round WR drought ends for them.

12) Raiders - CB Christian Gonzalez (Oregon):
Much like the Jags, the Raiders are terrible on the backend. This is a dire need.

13) Texans - WR Jordan Addison (USC):
Cooks wants out, so the Texans will have to find a weapon for their new QB.

14) Steelers - OT Peter Skoronski (Northwestern):
Will he be as good as former teamate Slater? Probably not. But the Steelers need the O-Line help.

15) Lions - EDGE Mylers Murphy (Clemson):
I was gonna go with another weapon for Goff, but pairing a sliding Murphy with Hutchinson is too good to pass up.

16) Chargers - DT T'Vondre Sweat (Texas):
The Chargers desparately need more run support. Scouts feel Sweat could be this year's Jordan Davis.

17) Patriots - OT Paris Johnson (Ohio State):
Do the Pats need more weapons for Mac Jones? Of course. But Bill loves his O-Linemen. And its not like the Pats don't need help in that area as well.

18) Commanders - CB Brian Branch (Alabama):
Man, a lot of these teams need CBs. Good thing this class is pretty deep. Here ya go, Commanders.

19) Buccaneers - QB Anthony Richardson (Florida):
Brady is either gonna retire or leave this offseason, so the Bucs will have to replace him. Richardson is extremely raw, but his athleticism is off the charts.

20) Seahawks - LB Jack Campbell (Iowa):
It was either Center or Middle Linebacker. I went with the latter.

21) Titans - TE Michael Mayers (Notre Dame):
A much needed weapon for the Titans. WR would've been better, but I think Mayers is better at this point.

22) Jets - OT Jaelyn Duncan (Maryland):
Becton is a bust. The Jets replace him here.

23) Giants - CB Antonio Johnson (Texas A&M):
No QBs left, so the G-Men go with a CB.

24) Broncos - DT Gervon Dexter (Florida):
O-Line is an option here, but the Broncos struggle against the run. They decide to try to fix the latter since they will be healthier at the former next year.

25) Ravens - WR Jalin Hyatt (Tennessee):
Hyatt explouded this year, and the Ravens need to get Lamar some weapons.

26) Bengals - EDGE Jared Verse (Florida State):
The Bengals were hoping to go with an Edge Rusher last year in the 1st. They do so now.

27) Cowboys - WR Cedric Tillman (Tennessee):
It's looking the Cowboys might not sign OBJ after all. Here is a better long term answer.

28) Chiefs - CB Cam Smith (South Carolina):
The Chiefs need to continue to build their secondary.

29) Vikings - DE Tuli Tuipulotu (USC):
Not the biggest need, but best player available. Adding pass rushers never hurts.

30) Bills - CB Clark Phillips (Utah):
The Bills do not have many holes, but in a conference with Mahomes, Burrow, and the Dolphins' Weapons, you can't have too many CBs.

31) Eagles - C Jarrett Patterson (Notre Dame):
If Kelce finally decides to hang it up, the Eagles will have a hole at Center.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Dec 8th 2022 »
Warrior13 Posted: 22:20 Dec08 2022 Post ID: 3458823
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Baker Mayfield leads Rams back from down two touchdowns for win! Love it! lol lol lol
Sanzano Posted: 08:48 Dec09 2022 Post ID: 3458824
Sanzano
+
Great mock draft Warrior13, I found that very interesting.

I didn't know about the Rams game, if Baker pulled it around after being two touchdowns down and continues to play well for the rest of the season I can see Washington showing some interest in him. Wentz is gone, he's not the guy, Washington won't pay Heinecke 19 million so he will be gone. That just leaves Sam Howell, and he is not the guy. Apparently he's short, doesn't go through his reads and is prone to scrambling as soon as he feels pressure. Now that Washington are making a run for the playoffs they taken themselves out of the market for a top quarterback in the draft.

Just seen the position of Washington in regards to this weekends games. Washington has a bye week but if the Giants and Seahawks both lose on Sunday Washington gets the number 6 spot. If Seahawks win and Giants lose we go to number 7 and vise versa. I have Philadelphia beating the Giants, but you never know with these division games. Seahawks shouldn't have much trouble with the Panthers. Whatever happens it sets up the Washington v NY Giants next week which has been moved to prime time because so much is at stake.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Dec 9th 2022 »

Warrior13 Posted: 18:41 Dec10 2022 Post ID: 3458825
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, Giants will have to pull themselves up by their bootstraps if they are gonna upset the Eagles.

I also wouldn't put it past the Seahawks stumbling. They have looked way more like we thought they would when entering the season as of late.
Sanzano Posted: 13:45 Dec11 2022 Post ID: 3458826
Sanzano
+
Things are getting interesting, it's halftime and Philadelphia are beating the Giants 24-7. That game is over, hopefully the Giants will be so demoralized by their performance they will roll over next week against Washington. Dallas are surprisingly struggling against Houston. And hopefully you are right about the Seahawks, and they slip up against the Panthers. If the Giants, and the Seahawks lose Washington are almost guaranteed a wildcard spot.

After the Giants Washington take on the 49rs who they have a history of beating recently quite convincingly. The 49rs will be without Garapollo and Purdy will be faced with Young, Allen, Payne, and Sweat all sniffing playoffs. After that it's Cleveland and Watson hasn't been impressive on his return that's a possible win. Then it's the big one on week 18 against Dallas. The Cowboys will probably be at home and win that game but hopefully other results around the league go in Washingtons favor and they grab a wild card which will probably be against the Seahawks.

The Lions must be the best 5-7 team in the League. They are so unpredictable, I wanted to take them against the Vikings but I thought they had no chance of reaching the playoffs now whereas the Vikings were playing for homefield advantage in the playoffs.

Hearing lots of whispers of Lamar Jackson going to Washington next year. I can't see that happening myself. I think Washington would rather pay Daron Payne, Kamren Curl and a couple of other key players and try and pick up Anthony Richardson the Florida quarterback in the second round. I can see Washington moving up in the second round to select him if he is still available after the first round. I don't think Washington is sold on Sam Howell. I keep hearing lots of reports saying he is not NFL ready.

I just realised that Warrior13 has Richardson going to the Bucs in the first round. Not sure if he will go that high as he is a bit raw. If the Bucs don't take him then there's a good chance Washington will move up in the second round to grab him. Washington need a cornerback with their first pick which I'm hoping will be Joey Porter Jnr, but I doubt he will be available when Washington pick.

It's a shame Miami had to forfiet their first round pick of 2023 because of tampering. I don't know the ins and outs of the case other than Tom Brady and Sean Peyton were involved. Those number one picks are so valuable in the modern day NFL. That's a potentially a guaranteed star player they have lost

Does anyone know anything about this new rule that the NFL are trying to bring in where the division winner does not get automatic homefield advantage in the playoffs if it faces a wild card team with a better record? I'm wondering if this has come into effect this season. For example say the Bucs win their division with a 7 and 10 record yet Washington gets a wild card spot with a 9 and 8 record will the game be played at Fedex if they meet?

Philadelphia Eagles, I hate to admit are the best team in the NFL this year. Just seen them rip apart the Giants. How Washington beat them I don't know, I can't see the Eagles losing for the rest of the year. They play as a team and don't have any weaknesses.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Dec 11th 2022 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 15:46 Dec12 2022 Post ID: 3458827
steelersrock01
+
I don't know about that rule, Dennis. First I'm hearing of it.

NFC playoff picture has gotten pretty interesting with Detroit in the mix for a wildcard spot. Detroit is legitimately good and Minnesota is a pretender. 10-3 with a negative point differential is wild. Carolina has a legit shot at the NFC South if Tampa keeps this up.

The Eagles seem to pretty clearly be the best team in the league. The Cowboys have weeks where they look straight up dominant and then have games like this where they barely squeak out a win. IDK if they play down to opponents or what but it's a little baffling. The Eagles had a bit of a rough patch with the loss to WAS and a couple close games but seems to be smooth sailing now. Wouldn't be surprised in the least if Hurts wins MVP.
Sanzano Posted: 16:28 Dec12 2022 Post ID: 3458828
Sanzano
+
It's the same story every year with Dallas, they start off fast, their fans start talking about a Super Bowl and then they nose dive out of contention. I'm not a Dak Prescott fan, I don't think he'll ever lift the Lombardi trophy.

Detroit have some quality players, only problem is they are inconsistant and cursed by Bobby Layne. Mind you Layne said fifty years and that time has expired. If Detroit did manage to get a wild card spot I can see them springing an upset against the likes of Dallas who they only lost by two touchdowns in the fourth quarter. The Lions beat Washington easily in Week 2. I would fancy the Lions against Minnesota and Seattle.

steelersrock01 Posted: 20:04 Dec14 2022 Post ID: 3458829
steelersrock01
+
Lions are my wild card every week I never know whether to pick them or not
Sanzano Posted: 12:26 Dec15 2022 Post ID: 3458830
Sanzano
+
I know what you mean, Detroit either win big, scrape a high scoring win, or get destroyed.

Chase Young playing Sunday, can't wait for that. Giants won't win that game, Washington with Young playing will want to put on a show in front of their hometown fans.

Warrior13 Posted: 23:18 Dec17 2022 Post ID: 3458831
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Crazy games today.

Colts up 33-0 at half, only to lose 39-36 in OT to the Vikings in biggest comeback in NFL history. Vikings, like the Giants, are fake. Vikings are somehow 10-0 in one score games. If reverse in fortune like their fate last year, they would be 1-13.

Browns won in a horrible contest. So many missed field goals. Poor offenses. Bleh all around. Glad I picked the Browns, but it was rough to watch.

Best game was Phins and Bills. Stinks the Phins lost, but they only have themselves to blame. They gave up on the run far too much. If they just continued pounding the ball, much like how the Bills did on the final drive, I think it could have been a different story. Phins will have to now win three straight to make the playoffs.
steelersrock01 Posted: 00:04 Dec18 2022 Post ID: 3458832
steelersrock01
+
Man, that Vikings game was crazy. I caught most of the second half. Ton of the blame will go on Matt Ryan, but if you manage to put up 33 in the first half you should have a pretty solid expectation of winning no matter what happens in the second. Kirk Cousins continues to amaze. He's either weirdly bad or insanely clutch.

Didn't see a second of Browns/Ravens.

I saw a little of the Miami game and it seemed they were moving the ball pretty well at the start. Mostert had like 10 rushes for 100 yards? Seemed like they had some momentum before halftime.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:16 Dec18 2022 Post ID: 3458833
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Colts should have run on every play in the 2nd half and played a prevent defense to cause dink and dunk. They easily should have been able to kill the clock if they had just done that.

I saw the 2nd half of the Browns/Ravens, and it was absolutely horrible. Three missed combined missed field goals and a fourth was block. Watson was incredulous when the Browns kicker missed two consecutive kicks of like 40-45 at the end of the game (which would've sealed it both times).

Exactly. Dude is running like crazy, but they continued to try to force the pass. If it isn't broke, don't fix it (especially when a blizzard started at the beginning of the 4th).
Sanzano Posted: 15:16 Dec18 2022 Post ID: 3458834
Sanzano
+
Jacksonville has just tied Dallas at 34, the game is going into OT. If Jacksonville wins that and Washington win tomorrow that puts Washington a game behind the Cowboys, and they have to play them in the final game of the season. This year the games have been fascinating to watch and now with the playoffs around the corner teams are banged up and missing key players so everything is not so clear-cut,

Those teams that looked really strong at the start of the season like the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants all of a sudden look vulnerable. This week Dallas is struggling against Jacksonville and Philadelphia is making hard work of Chicago. I can't wait for the playoffs, anything can happen.

Miami will beat Buffalo if they meet again, the difference will be the better quality wide receivers the Dolphins have, Josh Allen won't be able to do everything.

Washington got beat by the Giants, the refs ruined the game. Washington was by far the better team. Heinecke just doesn't have the arm, he can't zip balls and it cost Washington. The guy throws paper airplanes which the defense can react to and bat the ball away. The guy has to go, and I'm losing patience with Chase Young. Apparently now he is suffering PTSD, more like his agent has told him not to play to protect his bag. So annoyed Washington lost this game, now I have to worry about Seattle and Detroit who are half a game away.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Dec 19th 2022 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 21:19 Dec20 2022 Post ID: 3458835
steelersrock01
+
Seattle has looked a little rough but Detroit seems to have all the momentum. Can seriously see them winning a Wild card game.

Crazy the Rams are out of the playoffs already, even with their injuries. I think they might be in for a rough few years. Guess it doesn't matter if you win the Super Bowl.
Displaying Page 397 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | 399 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close