Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Mobile
go

NFL - Discussion Thread

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 398 of 400
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 396 | 397 | 398 | 399 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 01:26 Dec21 2022 Post ID: 3458836
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
The Rams definitely mortgaged the future for the Super Bowl they won last year. To be honest I wouldn't mind Washington winning a Super Bowl and then having three or four years after to rebuild. I'm beginning to think the Rams did the right thing, at least they can say they were Super Bowl Champions.

The refereeing in the Washington vs Giants game was attrocious, it cost Washington the game and maybe the season. I have to agree with steelersrock01, the Lions are looking dangerous. They have some great young players now that want to win. Jared Goff looks like he will be keeping his job, he is the eighth ranked quarterback in the league at the moment. Washington have to play San Francisco, Cleveland, and then Dallas so technically the Lions can get in. I think Washington will lose to the 49rs, beat the Browns and then lose to Dallas which opens the way for Detroit to sneak in. Detroit have the win over Washington from Week 2 of the season.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 04:40 Dec23 2022 Post ID: 3458837
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,055
+
Thought that game last night would be much closer than that. Man, Jets are a mess.
Sanzano Posted: 05:07 Dec23 2022 Post ID: 3458838
Sanzano
+
Jets have problems at quarterback and Trevor Lawerence is starting to get hot. I took the Jaguars on that basis when I made my selection. Not sure what is going to happen to Zack Wilson, not looking good for him to be honest. He's looking like a bust at this point.

Chase Young is playing tomorrow night. I'm now thinking if that is a good or bad thing. The defense is playing well without him, Young suddenly being thrust into the team might disrupt the balance, the guy has not played for a year and when he was playing he was being handled easily by the offensive lines who realized all he has is one move which he excels at and if you take that away from him, he can be easily controlled.

Deebo Samuel is not playing for the 49rs tomorrow night so Washington just need to focus on McCaffery. Hopefully Jamin Davis will shut him down, Davis is starting to look like the first round pick, he has improved considerably this year.

Detroit are my dark horse pick for next year, they will probably go with Jared Goff again instead of using all those picks they got from the Rams to get another quarterback which was initially the plan. Those picks will probably get used to strengthen the squad as a whole. The fifty-year curse of Bobby Layne has passed.

steelersrock01 Posted: 19:13 Dec25 2022 Post ID: 3458839
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Didn't work out for Washington. Man, the Niners seem just about unstoppable as long as they've got a game manager at QB. Purdy isn't setting the world on fire but he's doing exactly what he needs to,

Merry Christmas, friends.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:56 Dec25 2022 Post ID: 3458840
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Dang it. Had the Rams before the injury report said no Donald.

Tua was so good in the first half, only to bomb in the second. That fourth quarter was rough. Miami must win final two to make the playoffs.

Merry Christmas!!!
Sanzano Posted: 17:32 Dec26 2022 Post ID: 3458841
Sanzano
+
Merry Christmas fellas, hope you had a good one.

I can't believe Miami are falling apart like this, they looked like a top five team a few weeks ago. What has happened?

Washington need to beat Cleveland and then Dallas to get into the playoffs. No telling what is going to happen now, Wentz is back and so is Chase Young. Dallas from what I have seen look like the best NFC East team despite Philadelphia having a better record. Dallas have better playmakers and Mica Parsons at linebacker who is turning into the best linebacker in the league.

Has the rookie of the year been announced yet, I'm hoping it's Dotson but it looks like it's going to be Sauce Gardner, love that name.

The Rams put 51 points on the Broncos, I bet Stafford is getting a bit concerned about Mayfield. Russell Wilson trade to the Broncos is a disaster, so happy Washington got outbid.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Dec 26th 2022 »

steelersrock01 Posted: 19:16 Dec27 2022 Post ID: 3458842
steelersrock01
+
Dallas looks good but sometimes that defense just seems lost. I never know what Dallas will show up.

Miami is fine but Tua's concussions are concerning.

Rookie of the Year is probably between the Chris Olave on the Saints and Garret Wilson on the Jets. Both will pass 1000 yards receiving, which isn't as impressive as it used to be, but there's no standout QB to give it to by default this year.

I'm hearing Stafford's injury is similar to Peyton Manning's, where his neck is going to be shot.

Wilson has been a mess. Just absurdly awful.
Sanzano Posted: 11:50 Dec28 2022 Post ID: 3458843
Sanzano
+
Tua is being told to quit football, such a shame, the guy finally gets the recognition he deserves, and he is being told to walk away. Below is what a highly respected concussion doctor said to Tua:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop playing. Stop. Hang your helmet and gallantly walk away.

If you love your life, if you love your family, you love your kids - if you have kids - it's time to gallantly walk away.

Go find something else to do.

The Nigerian-American physician added:

It's time [to retire]. [He's] suffered long-term, permanent brain damage.

He should stop. Sometimes money is not more valuable than human life. $20 billion is not worth more than your brain.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will be interesting seeing what happens with Tua, something happened in last weeks game, he was on fire in the first half and then threw interceptions in the second. Did he get hit again?

Zack Wilson is destined to join the ranks of Ryan Leaf when people talk about NFL busts.

What do you guys think will happen with Baker Mayfield when Stafford returns? I'm hearing rumors Mayfield may end up a Commander, I hope not just been down that route with Wentz.

steelersrock01 Posted: 18:48 Dec29 2022 Post ID: 3458844
steelersrock01
+
Sucks about Tua, but how much if this is because he's a popular QB? I'd bet all of this guys have had just as many concussions at every level of the game. Sounds bad but 99% of these guys would risk it all to get a second contract paying 100M+, and I bet Tua will too.

Baker's going to end up a journeyman like Ryan Fitspatrick. He's good enough as a stopgap but I don't think anyone's going to make him a longterm guy.
Sanzano Posted: 13:26 Dec31 2022 Post ID: 3458845
Sanzano
+
I think you are right on both counts steelersrock01.

It must be difficult turning down a 100 million plus contract. If I were the Dolphins I would shut Tua down now for the season. The whole NFL world have their eyes on the Dolphins and how they are going to deal with this. If heaven forbid something happens to Tua between now and the end of the season it would reflect very badly on the Dolphin franchise.

As for Mayfield, you are right, he'll be a backup somewhere. He's like Taylor Heinicke the team plays for him.

Chase Young was the highest rated player last week against the 49rs by at least ten grades. Even being double teamed by Trent Williams and another 49r player. Young unsurprisingly is starting this week against Cleveland and they don't have a Trent Williams to stop him.

Warrior13 Posted: 13:41 Jan02 2023 Post ID: 3458846
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Looks like Miami is in a pickle after yesterday. They need to win next week against the Jets-which should be easy considering the Jets should lose for a better draft pick now that they are eliminated from playoff contention-and they will need the Bills to defeat the Patriots. However, if the Bills lose tonight against the Bengals and the Chiefs win on Saturday against the Raiders, the Chiefs will lock up the #1 Seed. And, honestly, I doubt the Bills will play their starters if they have no shot at the first round bye.

Tl;dr: Miami could be in trouble (then again, you do not deserve to make the playoffs after losing five straight at the end of the season).
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:17 Jan02 2023 Post ID: 3458847
steelersrock01
+
Unbelievable that the Steelers actually have a somewhat realistic shot at the playoffs now too. Seems like no matter what happens Tomlin refuses to let his teams go below .500
Warrior13 Posted: 15:31 Jan04 2023 Post ID: 3458848
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Not to sound heartless, but this whole Demar Hamlin injury has caused so many unknowns going into the last week of the season. Like I hope he is okay, but you have to finish that game. Honestly, it was the only thing that made sense. For one, no player in a team sport would want the game to end, especially when your team needs the win, because of them. Additionally, it is not like playing a week later or rule it a tie or forfeit is going change what occurred. If anything, god forbid, his condition could worsen. Again, do not hope in any way that happens. Plus, if the NFL tries to jam it in, you run the risk of more injuries.

They should have played the game, if not that night then definitely the next. Freak injuries happen (Bo Jackson, Joe Thiesmann, Alex Smith, Darrell Stingley), you gotta compartmentalize and do what you have do. Favre, for the love of the game and his teammates, played shortly after watching his dad pass away. Sometimes you have to do stuff even when it?s a s*** storm around you. I get it, it sucks, but you have to do it. And if you cannot-which is understandable considering the circumstances-then it really needs to be next man up.

Seeding is in limbo. And I really feel the NFL intentionally pushed it back more than a week to make some of this weeks game matter all the more. Bills and Bengals have no choice but to play their guys this week because of it.
steelersrock01 Posted: 18:34 Jan04 2023 Post ID: 3458849
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, they should have at least played it Tuesday or today. If it were two 3-10 teams then who cares, but this game has multiple implications for other teams. No clue what they're planning on doing unless they're going to push the playoffs back a week and play games Pro Bowl week. They absolutely can't move the Super Bowl.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:17 Jan04 2023 Post ID: 3458850
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Agreed. Just do it Tuesday Night, after having heard the kid was at least in stable condition, and get it over with. Then decided whether to push Bills/Pats to Monday based on results (as Bills would not play starters they lose and then Chiefs win). Again, feels like NFL is taking advantage of the situation by pushing the game back beyond this week.

On a similar note: I heard something about the Pats/Bills Game possibly being postponed too. I was all like: Sh*t, maybe we should just take the Bills out of the playoffs altogether. I know, bad time for a joke, but come on now.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jan 4th 2023 »
Sanzano Posted: 15:30 Jan05 2023 Post ID: 3458851
Sanzano
+
Washington got eliminated from the playoffs last week with their loss to Cleveland, now I'm hearing that the NFL is going to an 8th seed playoff. I was expecting to see Howell this week but it looks like it will be Heinecke. What a story that would be if Heinecke beats the Cowboys in the last game of the season and then gets revenge on Tom Brady and the Bucs in the wild card game.

I can't believe the Dolphins have lost five straight, they looked hot mid-season.

Warrior13 Posted: 23:09 Jan05 2023 Post ID: 3458852
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Bills/Bengals Game has been canceled. Craziest playoff scenarios I have ever seen now must get approved by owners. If Chiefs win, they get the bye. If Chiefs and Bills both win and they end up both making the AFC Championship, the game will be held at a neutral site (I would guess Pittsburgh, DC, or Baltimore). If Ravens defeat the Bengals and then the two play in the Wild Card Round, they will flip a coin toward who gets homefield for that Wild Card Game.

Jesus. They should have just finished the game or played the following day. Four teams now possibly screwed in some way because of this.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jan 5th 2023 »
Sanzano Posted: 16:31 Jan07 2023 Post ID: 3458853
Sanzano
+
Yes, I'm a bit confused as to what is going on with the playoffs this year.

Still not sure what is going to happen with Washington. I'm hoping they just lose to Dallas to be honest because they won't do much if they get it in. Wentz is gone, Heinecke is not the man, and Howell is not ready. Baker Mayfield is continuously being linked to the team which I hope is not true. Quarterback is definately without a shadow of a doubt the most important position on the field. Kyler Murray and Lamar Jackson are also being linked to Washington. I'm just hoping Washington go with a top draft pick.

Warrior13 Posted: 20:43 Jan07 2023 Post ID: 3458854
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Washington needs to lose. They are eliminated, just get a better draft pick. Rivera, I am sure, will get fired regardless of a win or loss.

Chiefs win and get the bye, as expected.
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:45 Jan07 2023 Post ID: 3458855
steelersrock01
+
Kinda seems like the Bengals have the highest chance to get screwed here - they win the division but might not get homefield, and then have to play a division winner's schedule next year and didn't even get the reward of a home playoff game? Unlucky for a team that did the right thing, and probably just a way for the NFL to encourage teams to never cancel games again.
Displaying Page 398 of 400
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 396 | 397 | 398 | 399 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close