Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 465 of 468
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 463 | 464 | 465 | 466 | 467 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 11:51 May18 2024 Post ID: 3460749
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Allen would be a nice addition, but I doubt Miami has the cap to make the trade.

Raiders make sense for Tua, but that is really about it. Hopefully he will realize his true worth and accepts a little less to stay in Miami with all of those weapons.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 17:24 May19 2024 Post ID: 3460750
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I think you are right Warrior13, I personally hope you are right. If Tua were to move to another trade I'm sure there would be stipulations in his contract that stated if he was forced into retirement the deal becomes void. It wouldn't make sense for a team to gamble on Tua otherwise. He is literally one big hit away from being out of football. It must be disappointing for Dolphins fans hearing that Tua has not reported to training camp. Normally when that happens the player knows they are on the way out and can't be bothered to turn up.

Getting mixed feedback about Denver, the Broncos are estatic with Bo Nix but the experts think Denver are about to have the longest winless streak in the NFL. Someone is wrong.

Warrior13 Posted: 18:03 May19 2024 Post ID: 3460751
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If Nix is the next Brees (doubt it), the Broncos will be fine. If not, they will have one of the worst records and will be in line to draft Deion Sanders boy.
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:14 May19 2024 Post ID: 3460752
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
I feel sorry for anyone who needs a QB in this upcoming draft, especially if they end up with Sanders. He hasn't been impressive and Deion is a walking distraction.
Warrior13 Posted: 23:31 May19 2024 Post ID: 3460753
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Completely agree. The 2025 Draft is especially weak at QB.

That being said, however, I believe 4-6 QBs are currently projected to go in the 1st next year. Just goes to show how overdrafted the position is.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on May 19th 2024 »
Sanzano Posted: 15:42 May20 2024 Post ID: 3460754
Sanzano
+
Every year we are told there is no elite quarterbacks in the draft and then come April all of a sudden there's six quarterbacks that could go in the first round. I don't think 2025 will be any different.

Apparently the worst year in recent times is 2013 which yielded EJ Manuel (No. 16), Geno Smith (No. 39), Mike Glennon (No. 73), Matt Barkley (No. 98), Landry Jones (No. 115).

The best year in recent times is 2020 which yielded Joe Burrow (No. 1), Tua Tagovailoa (No. 5), Justin Herbert (No. 6), Jordan Love (No. 26), Jalen Hurts (No. 53)

Still nowhere near as good as the 1983 crop. Not only quarterbacks but Hall of Famers, in total there were 8 Hall of Famers in the first round. I don't think we will ever see that again.

« Last edited by Sanzano on May 20th 2024 »

Warrior13 Posted: 07:27 May21 2024 Post ID: 3460755
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Trevor Lawrence draft might top the EJ Manuel draft. Five QBs in the Top 15, and four of the five were relegated to backup before their rookie deals were even over. And if Trevor Lawrence does not show something this year, he could be trending in that direction.
Sanzano Posted: 09:52 May21 2024 Post ID: 3460756
Sanzano
+
I've also heard the Jaguars are getting frustrated with Lawrence, he's good, but not the elite quarterback eveybody said he was going to be. If I remember correctly he was looked upon as a generational player when he was coming out of college.

Interesting what is happening in Dallas, its rumored the Cowboys want to get rid of CD Lamb and Dak Prescott for draft picks. Dallas feels they need to rebuild, the only player that is not up for trade is Micah Parsons. What I can't get my head around is that they are looking at Russell Wilson to be Dak's replacement. The favorite to grab CD Lamb is the Steelers, it would cost them their 2025 first and second round draft picks.

Warrior13 Posted: 20:31 May21 2024 Post ID: 3460757
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I said multiple times going into that draft that I thought Lawrence might have peaked in college. It is a high floor, but like you said, not elite.

Dallas will end up keeping all of them. If any get the chopping block, I think it will be Parsons. I heard the Cowboys are not too pleased with the comments he makes on his podcast.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on May 21st 2024 »
Sanzano Posted: 08:40 May22 2024 Post ID: 3460758
Sanzano
+
If the Cowboys get rid of Parsons I think you will find Washington will be one of the favorites to get him as the guy loves Dan Quinn and Washington now have a couple of his former teammates in the squad which will be enticing for him to reunite with them and play Dallas twice a year.

Some good games coming up, the one I am looking forward to is Chicago agains Washington, the battle of the first two players selected in the draft. Daniels is from what I am hearing 'a real dude' whatever that is supposed to mean. I just want him to win football games.

« Last edited by Sanzano on May 22nd 2024 »

Warrior13 Posted: 22:44 May22 2024 Post ID: 3460759
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Bears are definitely set up, schedule wise, to make a run at a playoff berth. I would not be surprised if they are the last NFC Wild Card team.

Commanders could be a surprise team, but I think they are still a year or two away from being contenders in the NFC East.

Vikings over/under before the schedule release was only seven wins. Unbelievable. If JJ McCarthy can just be a game manager, they should easily be a playoff team with all those offensive weapons.
steelersrock01 Posted: 18:32 May23 2024 Post ID: 3460760
steelersrock01
+
Everybody get ready for the yearly "Rookie QB has looked great/terrible in camp" reports. Already starting with Williams looking "terrible" today. Take it all with a mountain of salt.
Warrior13 Posted: 10:09 May24 2024 Post ID: 3460761
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
My bet is that Williams will have a pretty good year with the weapons he has around him. I think McCarthy will also be decent, given he beats out Darnold, for the same reasons.

Daniels depends on if his o-line plays good.

Penix will obviously do nothing, barring an injury to Cousins.

Nix will either be good in Sean Paytons scheme or a complete bust due to his lack of arm talent.
Sanzano Posted: 18:24 May24 2024 Post ID: 3460762
Sanzano
+
You hit the nail on the head Warrior13 regarding Daniels, if Washington's offensive line don't play better than last years bunch don't be surprised Daniels gets injured early as the guy likes to take off and run at the first sign of trouble. He can't do that in the NFL like he did in college.

Williams will play well, the guy is surrounded with weapons.

McCarthy is intriging, he has an opportunity to be the starting quarterback for the Viking, will he grab it with both hands or will the pressure be too much for him and he becomes a bust.

steelersrock01 Posted: 20:00 May27 2024 Post ID: 3460763
steelersrock01
+
Hope you had a nice Memorial Day weekend, Warrior. Been out camping with some friends and family all weekend.
Sanzano Posted: 12:23 May29 2024 Post ID: 3460766
Sanzano
+
Have you heard that the UK is trying to bring back national service for 18 year olds. Every 18-year-old would have to spend time in a competitive, full-time military commission or spend one weekend a month volunteering in 'civil resilience'.

I think the UK is worried Trump will get back into power and back out of NATO. Not sure what to make of all this to be honest, there's talk of Putin wanting to invade three NATO countries which would instantly ignite WW3 and without the US backing Russia with the help of China would make short work of Europe and its remaining allies.

Billions of dollars of gold has just been discovered next to the Falklands Islands which belong to the UK. Putin wants it and so does Argentina. Last time the UK went to war with Argentina for the Falklands in 1982 the US declined to help, would they do the same again?

Rumblings coming out of New England from several sources that Drake Maye has a lot to do before he can be considered a starter. On the other hand Caleb Williams has already been named the Bears starter. Still waiting to see what Washington do with Daniels, I think he will start. He is looking good in practice.

« Last edited by Sanzano on May 29th 2024 »

Warrior13 Posted: 14:37 May29 2024 Post ID: 3460767
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mike: Sounds nice. I have been helping the folks with various projects, basically a ton of yard work and spring cleaning. I am dead. lol

Dennis: The US would never let Russia and/or China get away with any of that, whether Biden or Trump is in office. To be honest, I doubt Putin would have ever invaded Ukraine if Trump was still in office. Do not know if he just respected him enough not to do so or he was scared of the consequences, but yeah.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on May 29th 2024 »
Sanzano Posted: 02:01 May30 2024 Post ID: 3460768
Sanzano
+
Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head Warrior13 regarding Trump. Putin knows he can negotiate with a sane US president, a crazy one like Trump he has no idea what could happen and probably wonders if Trump who is a loose cannon would like given an opportunity do more than flex US muscle.

In regards to the Falklands, the US did let Argentina get away with trying to grab the islands back in 1982. The US refused to get involved as it did not want to alienate its South American anti-communist ally. Not sure how that works as the UK is part of NATO while Argentina was not. Not a problem though, the UK sent paras and Ghurkas to the island and made short work of the Argentines. Once the Argentines heard the Ghurkas were coming they crapped themselves, if a Ghurka pulls out their Kukri knife they must draw blood, even if its their own and those little guys don't mess about.

Apparently this is a photo of Kyler Cole Murray, the Miami Dolphins backup quarterback. I don't think Tua has anything to worry about losing his starting spot. I remember when men wore those vests during the 80s, it wasn't a good look. Please tell me its not coming back.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jun 2nd 2024 »

Warrior13 Posted: 16:29 Jun03 2024 Post ID: 3460771
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Well, Justin Jefferson hit the mother load. lol

In sad news, Larry Allen passed away unexpectedly. Dude might have been the strongest man to ever play in the NFL.
Sanzano Posted: 16:47 Jun03 2024 Post ID: 3460772
Sanzano
+
You have to wonder what guys like Allen were taking when they were playing in the NFL, whatever it was it shortened their lives. Lyle Alzado and Mike Webster also come immediately to mind, they both died very young too and both were also incredibly strong built men that was obviously not natural. If I remember correctly it was 1986 the NFL banned steroids, before then it was rife amongst players.

I hear the Miami Dolphins have set their eyes on Jalen Milroe as the next franchise Quarterback, moving on from Tua Tagovailoa. I don't know how much truth there is in this as I don't follow Miami closely.

Displaying Page 465 of 468
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 463 | 464 | 465 | 466 | 467 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close